It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 16-10-21, 02:55 PM   #121
labourRed
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
You know what? I think we as a fanbase need to start doing what the media and other fanbases do when other teams get a big win.

All too often in the media if Liverpool have a good win the narrative in the media is the other team was poor yet if Man City beat the same team by the same amount of goals it always gets lauded as Man City being so good rather than the other team being poor. I think some of that media spin has sunk into our collective psyche as a fanbase.

Before the game my thinking was that Watford are a strong, quick and physical side who had the potential to make us work hard for three points.

Instead we blew them away.

If Watford looked poor today it is because we made them look poor thanks to how bloody well we played. Let's get a bit of our 2019/2020 swagger back. Our team and manager are good enough to warrant that swagger from us.
They aren't mutually exclusive. Watford were terrible and we were brilliant.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-10-21, 02:57 PM   #122
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
When was the last time all 3 scored? Seems a while ago.
Rounding off, I'd guess it was about 2 games ago.

All 4 of our 'misfiring' forward line have been scoring consistently well when they play. Imagine how good they'd be if we had competition for places...
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 03:04 PM   #123
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
They aren't mutually exclusive. Watford were terrible and we were brilliant.
this
Old 16-10-21, 04:02 PM   #124
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Canít think of any.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 04:41 PM   #125
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemm1 View Post
Who in the world right now are better players than Salah and VVD?

Matip?
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 05:19 PM   #126
baitman
Daddy day care

About time we drubbed someone, great confidence boost

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 05:29 PM   #127
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Joke Hole and McManaman after the game having a giggle at Norwich's expense was a little naughty
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 08:38 PM   #128
Corndog
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
You know what? I think we as a fanbase need to start doing what the media and other fanbases do when other teams get a big win.

All too often in the media if Liverpool have a good win the narrative in the media is the other team was poor yet if Man City beat the same team by the same amount of goals it always gets lauded as Man City being so good rather than the other team being poor. I think some of that media spin has sunk into our collective psyche as a fanbase.

Before the game my thinking was that Watford are a strong, quick and physical side who had the potential to make us work hard for three points.

Instead we blew them away.

If Watford looked poor today it is because we made them look poor thanks to how bloody well we played. Let's get a bit of our 2019/2020 swagger back. Our team and manager are good enough to warrant that swagger from us.

Mate, we have been fantastic so far this season. If you look at the performances they are close to two years ago.

This team are a still a force and long may the pundits and establishment underrate them

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 09:24 AM   #129
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Was great seeing Bobby's reaction to his goals - he was properly buzzing. You can tell how much having no crowd must have impacted him last year.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 09:41 AM   #130
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Shows the importance of Bobby in our formation. I really like Jota but he doesnít play the game like Firmino.

Iíd be looking to rotate Jota with Mane from now on.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 02:40 PM   #131
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

There was a great comment on the BBC live match reporting on Saturday that said, along the lines of.

"and if Watford supporters are looking for positives after that first half... well... they dont have to play Liverpool again until April".

Old 18-10-21, 03:02 PM   #132
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Shows the importance of Bobby in our formation. I really like Jota but he doesnít play the game like Firmino.

Iíd be looking to rotate Jota with Mane from now on.
I was gonna post a few weeks ago (maybe I did), that as great a player as Jota is and as good as his form was, most of our most memorable and best performances have been with Bobby in the side (Barca semi and Jota's hat-trick against Atalanta being two obvious exceptions)
Old 18-10-21, 03:48 PM   #133
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
I was gonna post a few weeks ago (maybe I did), that as great a player as Jota is and as good as his form was, most of our most memorable and best performances have been with Bobby in the side (Barca semi and Jota's hat-trick against Atalanta being two obvious exceptions)
Part of the issue with that is that Bobby has been around much longer, and in the season or so that Jota has been here we haven't been at our best for much of that time due to the injuries and so on, so I'm not sure that it's really a fair comparison.

At the start of the season I would have said have Jota in ahead of Bobby but Firmino has really started to rediscover his old form of late, so it seems we have genuine competition for places.
Old 18-10-21, 03:52 PM   #134
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Also three poachers goals for Bobby on Saturday
Old 18-10-21, 03:56 PM   #135
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Also three poachers goals for Bobby on Saturday
It reminded me of the hat-trick that Kuyt scored against Man Utd (although Bobby's were all from about 6 yards where as I think Dirk's were all from about 2 yards )
Old 18-10-21, 04:07 PM   #136
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Part of the issue with that is that Bobby has been around much longer, and in the season or so that Jota has been here we haven't been at our best for much of that time due to the injuries and so on, so I'm not sure that it's really a fair comparison.

At the start of the season I would have said have Jota in ahead of Bobby but Firmino has really started to rediscover his old form of late, so it seems we have genuine competition for places.
Absolutely.

My point was more that we were approaching a big game (City I think) and and my head said Jota was the better choice due to form, but knowing we needed a big performance to beat City, Firmino has been integral in most of our big performances, so my heart was saying him.
Old 18-10-21, 06:11 PM   #137
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
It reminded me of the hat-trick that Kuyt scored against Man Utd (although Bobby's were all from about 6 yards where as I think Dirk's were all from about 2 yards )

Haha, that assist from Nani
Old 18-10-21, 10:57 PM   #138
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
I think Kuyt holds the record for the shortest hattrick in the PL?
Old 19-10-21, 12:08 AM   #139
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
There was a great comment on the BBC live match reporting on Saturday that said, along the lines of.

"and if Watford supporters are looking for positives after that first half... well... they dont have to play Liverpool again until April".

Well heís not wrong
Old 19-10-21, 09:47 AM   #140
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
I don't know if stats for such a thing exist but I would be surprised if anyone has a shorter one given the combined distance can't be more than 5 yards
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 19-10-21, 10:42 AM   #141
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
But it was Suarez that was on fire that day. Magnificent. Even found time for a snidey tug on one of those Brazilian twins hair.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-21, 01:00 PM   #142
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
Even found time for a snidey tug on one of those Brazilian twins hair.
Haha ohhh ya, that was great. The ultimate shithouse. I wonder what kinda reception heís gonna get at anfield this time?! And also if we would celebrate if he was to score tonight..

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC