It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 18-10-20, 03:55 PM   #601
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
This might be naive but I don't think that there was any bias or corruption, probably just human error, people not being trained properly and a poor system.

That said I imagine that the human element does leave tight decisions rather uncertain and potentially open to abuse. I imagine that you could probably quite easily pick the wrong frame for when the ball is played or put the lines / markers down slightly in the wrong place. I doubt that there is anyone checking the decision so if you weren't totally impartial manipulate the decision to a desired outcome.
Nah, not having that; he definitely had an agenda yesterday after getting grief from Robbo & Klopp last season. That & being a Manc fan
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 05:12 PM   #602
Cerbie
Souness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
The other thing that annoys me is the idea of precision when there is no possible anatomical precision with terms like armpit or chest etc. Where does the arm end and the shoulder begin? They are fuzzy terms.
We should wear long sleeved shirts for the rest of the season...
Old 18-10-20, 05:16 PM   #603
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerbie View Post
We should wear long sleeved shirts for the rest of the season...

Morph suits.
Old 18-10-20, 05:43 PM   #604
Exiled_red
Paisley

Del
Old 18-10-20, 05:56 PM   #605
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Let it go Steve
Old 18-10-20, 09:36 PM   #606
vlahka
Still sulking...

After watching almost every game last season and the season before, I've only seen half of the games this season. Having won the title has helped me in moving back a little. And it doesnt help we keep getting these bullshit calls while other teams like UTD keep getting a penalty every game to help them. Just tired of it all.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 06:31 AM   #607
rodo
Shankly

Some of the shit on social media between us and them ics getting tiresome dont get me wrong i fucking hate them but for those posting kuyt flying in to tackles or gerrard on naysmith you cant then take the moral high ground same with them bringing jimmy case on geoff nulty and yeah i know loads on here probably havent a fucking clue what thats even about
Old 19-10-20, 06:47 AM   #608
vlahka
Still sulking...

Anyone making those arguments are wankers who want to see players injured. Those happened years ago and should b be forgotten. Nobody should be playing in legs first for any reason. Couple UTD friends of mine are calling richarlison and pickford legends for injuring our players. Just getting tired of football as a whole now.
Old 19-10-20, 07:26 AM   #609
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Anyone making those arguments are wankers who want to see players injured. Those happened years ago and should b be forgotten. Nobody should be playing in legs first for any reason. Couple UTD friends of mine are calling richarlison and pickford legends for injuring our players. Just getting tired of football as a whole now.
I wouldn't be counting people like that as friends myself.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 07:58 AM   #610
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
I wouldn't be counting people like that as friends myself.
I have one mate who is a staunch United fan. The nicest guy in the world and a highly intelligent partner at a law firm. Bring United v Liverpool into it and we’ve nearly come to punches

We decided years ago to not even acknowledge football between us and we’ve both kept to that pact and all remains good
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 08:03 AM   #611
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post

Bloody hell fella, we're reigning champs and 5 games in.

We've had some terrible fortune, we'll bounce back. Plenty to look forward to!
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 08:25 AM   #612
Fivex
The Wisp

Fuck off with your Utd friends bloody Christ you absolute man child
Old 19-10-20, 08:55 AM   #613
RichC
Meh

They usually get a name call when somethings gone slighty awry
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 11:57 AM   #614
Irishnev
Shankly

Small time fuckers - this prick has YNWA tattooed on him ffs

Old 19-10-20, 02:35 PM   #615
Harv
Randy Marsh

Robbo giving it to Coote last season.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 03:15 PM   #616
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 19-10-20, 03:46 PM   #617
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

On a scale of 1-10 how much fury is reading this likely to elicit?

I was properly heart thumping in chest raging on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Old 19-10-20, 03:56 PM   #618
S-RED
Dalglish

At the end of the day, VAR is a great tool that is being very badly implemented;the stupid fuckers at PGMOL need to understand CLEAR & OBVIOUS, that is all & that they are not RE-REFFING the game plain & simple.

& why have the Ref's stopped using pitch side monitors, it worked fantastically for the first couple of weeks of the season, but they have stopped using the again that is definitely a dictate from above. One thing you can say about Oliver is that had he gone over to the monitor, 1: Pickford would have been sent off & 2: the goal would have stood. That said if point 1 had happened point 2 would never have occurred.

Still so angry about this game & the incompetance of the VAR official.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 04:01 PM   #619
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
The interesting bit are these three tweets:

Quote:
The VAR is presented by the Hawk-Eye RO with three consecutive frames to represent the first touch of the ball.

The VAR will choose one, and it will usually be obvious. But that frame may be "late", with the "correct" frame between frames.

Or it might actually be correct.
Quote:
It's why, on some occasions, people question if the frame is correct. Has the ball already left the foot?

Put simply, if the previous frame is before the pass has begun it's not valid. The VAR has to choose the first frame when the pass has definitely begun.
Quote:
So frame rate can be an issue, though I'd suggest it's not quite as unreliable as some claim.

Reports that there is a 12cm margin of error are only correct when you have a very fast player, running, AND the precise frame is not there.

There is NO consistent margin of error.
The VAR can't choose a frame before the ball has been played, it has to choose the frame where the ball is played (but in most cases this doesn't exist) or the frame after the ball has been played. That means in all likelihood the majority of VAR offsides the players positions are evaluated after the ball is played. In most cases the attacker is running in behind (and often the defender is stepping up) if the frame dictates that the measurement is made after the ball is played then it makes it more likely that the player will be given offside, so there is no benefit of the doubt given to the attacker. An attacker who has timed his run perfectly is given offside because the the correct frame doesn't exist.

The system means that perfectly good goals can be ruled out because the player passing the ball didn't do it in sync with of timing of the frames.

If you are supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker why not look at the frame before and the frame after the ball is played, if the player is in an offside position in both clearly they were offside, if they were on before the ball was played and off after then follow the benefit of the doubt is given to the attacking player.

Last edited by Exiled_red; 19-10-20 at 04:05 PM.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 04:06 PM   #620
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

As soon as that 'frame rate', when was the pass made etc nonsense comes into play it has to go down as level. Level is (was) onside.
Old 19-10-20, 06:52 PM   #621
Cerbie
Souness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
If you are supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker why not look at the frame before and the frame after the ball is played, if the player is in an offside position in both clearly they were offside, if they were on before the ball was played and off after then follow the benefit of the doubt is given to the attacking player.
That's a pretty good idea that would allow them to work with the existing systems. Probably means they will reject it outright too
Old 19-10-20, 08:43 PM   #622
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Fuck off with your Utd friends bloody Christ you absolute man child
Please go do one.
Old 20-10-20, 12:43 AM   #623
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC