It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 07-03-10, 10:19 AM   #41
fatistuta
Benitez

I'm afraid he did! Dana went mad on him and made him issue an apology. Should really have suspended him and taken away his title shot, but you and I know that this sort of rivalry leads to good box office sales.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-03-10, 10:27 AM   #42
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatistuta View Post
I'm afraid he did! Dana went mad on him and made him issue an apology. Should really have suspended him and taken away his title shot, but you and I know that this sort of rivalry leads to good box office sales.
Wow. I'd like to hear/read that interview actually, will see if I can find it.

Aye, sad really, but very true.
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 02:12 PM   #43
fatistuta
Benitez

I can't post a direct link because I am typing this on my mobile phone, but if you go to www.fightscoops.com you will be able to find an audio link to the interview, readers opinions about it being taken out of context and then information about Dana White being pisssed about it and demanding an apology.
Old 07-03-10, 05:02 PM   #44
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Found it there, cheers dude - http://www.fightscoops.com/ufc/frank...udio-released/ (its right at the end)

Listening to it, hmmmm, I dunno, in context its not quite as bad as it sounds, although still not entirely excusable.

Their return bout will sell a lot of tickets though. Lesnar (if he ever gets fit) will maul him again imo.
Old 23-03-10, 12:39 PM   #45
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Old 10-04-10, 08:55 PM   #46
spud_gun
Paisley

Just watched UFC 112.

Load of shite.

And to think some people say that the UFC is the future and boxing is dying.
Old 11-04-10, 12:24 AM   #47
Gaz
Shankly

Anderson Silva was an absolute embarassment again tonight, showed absolutely no respect for Maia. It will be interesting to see how Dana reacts to this. I doubt he'll give him the fight against GSP that he wants

Looking forward to UFC 114 though, Rashad Evand vs Rampage Jackson in the main event
Old 11-04-10, 10:17 AM   #48
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Anderson Silva was an absolute embarassment again tonight, showed absolutely no respect for Maia. It will be interesting to see how Dana reacts to this. I doubt he'll give him the fight against GSP that he wants

Looking forward to UFC 114 though, Rashad Evand vs Rampage Jackson in the main event
Agreed Gaz. Silva was a fucking disgrace to his sport.

I made the point on another forum. If Silva was so fucking confident why didn't he get on the mat with Maia? Everyone knows that Maia has zero stand up so why goad, berate and attempt to humiliate him in the ring? Get on the mat and lets see how Maia and his JJ get on with you.

Apparently Silva recently signed an 8 fight extension to his contract with UFC so he wont be going anywhere for a while.

The Penn result was a shocker. Absolute shocker. Infact i think it's the biggest upset since GSP got his arse handed to him a few years back.

Talking of GSP there is talk of Silva vs GSP. Think they are looking at Silva going down in weight as opposed to GSP going up.
Old 11-04-10, 12:21 PM   #49
JohnOK
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Just watched UFC 112.

Load of shite.

And to think some people say that the UFC is the future and boxing is dying.
I haven't watched much UFC, i've always been a boxing fan but thought that i'd give UFC 112 a watch. What an absolute boring bag of shite, i'd rather watch Everton play.
JohnOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 01:05 PM   #50
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOK View Post
I haven't watched much UFC, i've always been a boxing fan but thought that i'd give UFC 112 a watch. What an absolute boring bag of shite, i'd rather watch Everton play.
Just wait for UFC 114, Evans and Jackson are two guys who really don't like each other should be a cracking fight.
Old 11-04-10, 01:17 PM   #51
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Agreed Gaz. Silva was a fucking disgrace to his sport.

I made the point on another forum. If Silva was so fucking confident why didn't he get on the mat with Maia? Everyone knows that Maia has zero stand up so why goad, berate and attempt to humiliate him in the ring? Get on the mat and lets see how Maia and his JJ get on with you.

Apparently Silva recently signed an 8 fight extension to his contract with UFC so he wont be going anywhere for a while.

The Penn result was a shocker. Absolute shocker. Infact i think it's the biggest upset since GSP got his arse handed to him a few years back.

Talking of GSP there is talk of Silva vs GSP. Think they are looking at Silva going down in weight as opposed to GSP going up.
I was almost screaming at the TV for Anderson so drop into Maia's guard if he was so confident, it's such a shame for someone so talented to act like such a twat. I think i heard last night that Anderson wants to drop down to fight GSP and then move up to Heavyweight. I'd like to see him try some of that shit against GSP, he'd get his arse handed to him.

The Penn result was a shocker, but all credit to Frankie Edgar he had a game plan and stuck to it perfectly.
Old 11-04-10, 02:29 PM   #52
Taxi
Fagan

I love gsp but i dont see him beating silva, he's so unorthodox and good with it. I think silva has another level yet and gsp is at his peak.
Old 18-04-10, 02:30 PM   #53
spud_gun
Paisley

When he wants to he can turn in a performance.
Old 20-04-10, 11:29 PM   #54
chadrtc
Dalglish

Did anyone see Strikeforce this weekend? That crazy brawl after the Henderson vs Shields fight was ridiculous, live on primetime CBS in the states as well.

Whilst it was funny to watch it damages the credibility of MMA as a legitimate sport in a big way.
chadrtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-10, 11:32 PM   #55
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrtc View Post
Did anyone see Strikeforce this weekend? That crazy brawl after the Henderson vs Shields fight was ridiculous, live on primetime CBS in the states as well.

Whilst it was funny to watch it damages the credibility of MMA as a legitimate sport in a big way.
Yeah was absolutely ridiculous and there was no surprise to see Nick Diaz at the centre of it all
Old 22-04-10, 01:26 AM   #56
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Insane
Old 09-05-10, 11:26 AM   #57
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

well happy for shogun, one of the most talented fighters around
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 01:55 PM   #58
Gaz
Shankly

Machida just couldn't handle Shogun in either of the fights and Shogun gets the result he deserved first time around.

I thought Machida would be champion for a long time but Shogun's tactics were perfect for dealing with him.

Shogun vs Anderson Silva next maybe?
Old 10-05-10, 11:44 AM   #59
Nicey
Paisley

Paul Daley is a fucking Moron .. what a complete waste of talent ... So fucking angry with him ... Josh K totally fucked him in more ways than one ..stupid stupid thing to do ... wont be seeing him again
Old 30-05-10, 02:01 AM   #60
Gaz
Shankly

I hope Rampage absolutely twats Rashad tonight. This fight has been a long time coming and i for one can't wait

Would love to see him repeat this again

Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 30-05-10, 09:27 AM   #61
MrMichael
The Pun Police

That's an epic powerbomb

Guy taking it has no idea what to do with his head though, wouldn't have hurt anywhere near as much if he'd kept it tucked better. He'll never make a pro-wrestler

Seriously though, been watching almost enough mma recently to now have some idea what's going on, didn't realise it was on last night so gonna look for a download of this.... I hear Rampage - Rashad was a bit on the shit side in the end? Was the whole event any good? Card looked ok from my very limited knowledge.
Old 30-05-10, 01:34 PM   #62
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Was a bit let down by Rampage. When he had Rashad rocked in the 3rd he should have went in for the kill but he allowed him to recover. The Bisping fight was better IMO. Think the A Team stuff could have been a distraction to Rampage. If there is a rematch i think he will do a lot better.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-10, 04:37 PM   #63
Gaz
Shankly

The Rampage vs Rashad fight was a big let down, for two guys who hate each other so much they spent an awful lot of time cuddling each other. I was expecting a real stand up slugfest, they only both really caught each other once, Rashad caught Rampage in round 1 and Rampage rocked Rashad in the last round but other than that Rashad just used his grappling to control things. Hopefully there will be a rematch and the two of them really go at it. I know Rampage was complaining of ring rust after all the last fight he had was against Keith Jardine in March last year.

As for the Brits, Bisping did well against Dan Miller, surprised Dan Miller didn't try to utilise his wrestling a bit more but Bisping did well against most of the takedown attempts and John Hathaway had an impressive showing against Diego Sanchez and landed a sick knee to Sanchez's head early on in the fight.

No idea how Little Nog managed to get the win against Jason Brilz, some of the judging decisions in the UFC really are laughable and Surprise of the night was Mike Russow KO'ing Todd Duffee after his record KO in his first fight
Old 05-06-10, 09:46 PM   #64
spud_gun
Paisley

The Todd Duffee KO was fantastic.

Duffee the silly big bastard that he is punched himself out in the first.

No way is he an elite heavyweight as many thought he may be.

His jaw is 100% Glass
Old 06-06-10, 05:09 AM   #65
Nicey
Paisley

A bit harsh, that guy he was fighting was tough as nails... everybody is one punch away from lights out in MMA, I personally think it was the follow up Elbow across the jaw on his way down that did the damage ... Look at Forrest Griffin ... rabbit punched out .. does he have a glass chin ? .. does he fuck

Todd Duffee is a very good prospect, he was before this fight and he still is, he will learn from this, the lad is like 8 years old for fucks sake
Old 06-06-10, 09:23 AM   #66
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
A bit harsh, that guy he was fighting was tough as nails... everybody is one punch away from lights out in MMA, I personally think it was the follow up Elbow across the jaw on his way down that did the damage ... Look at Forrest Griffin ... rabbit punched out .. does he have a glass chin ? .. does he fuck

Todd Duffee is a very good prospect, he was before this fight and he still is, he will learn from this, the lad is like 8 years old for fucks sake

Glass chin.

The apparent 'elbow' had nothing to do with the KO. Duffee and his glass chin were in the on way down as a result of the first punch.

Imagine Carwin landing cleanly on Duffee? His head would fall off.
Old 06-06-10, 09:27 AM   #67
Nicey
Paisley

Bollox.

Hit anybody just right on the chin and its lights out or at least system down for 20 secs ... he got tagged, too early to make a call on him having a glass chin I would say
Old 06-06-10, 09:28 AM   #68
Nicey
Paisley

Griffin have a Glass chin ?
Old 06-06-10, 09:52 AM   #69
spud_gun
Paisley

I posted the .gif of Griffen some time back.

Had Griffen been down prior to that 'rabbit punch'?

By that stage of the fight Griffen had been dismantled by Silva.

Duffee on the other hand was well on top of the fight. He'd bossed the first two rounds delivering some sickening shots of his own. It's not as though he was caught off guard by the punch. He didn't walk into it like Griffen did.

How can you say anything other than Duffee can't take a shot. The evidence is there for all to see.

Last edited by spud_gun; 06-06-10 at 10:14 AM.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:11 AM   #70
Nicey
Paisley

Any MMA Fighter is one punch away from lights out and it has nothing to do with a galss chin, he gets knocked out in this fashion say 3 or 4 times then perhaps its worth considering, but I bet you could not take a clean punch on the chin from someone who has been hitting the heavy bag for 3 months
Old 06-06-10, 10:27 AM   #71
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
Any MMA Fighter is one punch away from lights out and it has nothing to do with a galss chin, he gets knocked out in this fashion say 3 or 4 times then perhaps its worth considering, but I bet you could not take a clean punch on the chin from someone who has been hitting the heavy bag for 3 months
Oh come on man your better than that.

As for Duffee. Glass chin. Until he proves other wise.
Old 06-06-10, 10:33 AM   #72
Nicey
Paisley

Seriously dude I train in a working MMA Gym in Hong Kong, one of these cunts punched you or anybody else for that matter cleanly on your chin, you would be at the very least stunned .... Was not having a go, just suggesting what many many people in MMA have already said ... anybody can get clipped
Old 06-06-10, 10:42 AM   #73
spud_gun
Paisley

Obviously i couldn't take a punch from a professional MMA fighter but then again i doubt many of them could write shell scripts.

We'll just have to see how Duffee does in future. He has however been exposed in this fight and anyone he fights from now on will be launching bombs at his chin.

That old boxing adage 'you can't grow muscles on your chin' is most apt in this case.
Old 14-06-10, 07:43 AM   #74
Nicey
Paisley

Man another great great promotion, really makes a difference to the overall experience when you watch the pre lims first ...Fight of the night and of the year so far for me Cro Kop and Berry ... suu fucking perb .. possibly not the most technical fight but for two guys going at it toe to toe with technical striking it does not get much better than that ... I am sure Berry once he gets a ground game will be in the mix ... looks like he would be better suited to light heavy ..
Old 14-06-10, 10:18 AM   #75
Gaz
Shankly

The UFC put on a great show the other night, i think the first fight on the main card edged it for me and i was very impressed with Rory MacDonald until he got his face well and truly caved in by Carlos Condit in the 3rd round.

I thought Cro Cop was done for after being knocked down twice in the first few minutes, Barry made a huge mistake in letting him get back up, he might respect Cro Cop but there is no way he'd return that favour and Barry needs to learn there's no room for sentiment in the UFC if he wants to progress.

Massive respect to Rich Franklin as well, fighting on with a broken arm and still throwing punches, that guy is as tough as they come.
Old 14-06-10, 10:35 AM   #76
Nicey
Paisley

Man thats Rich Franklin all over ... my favorite fighter of all time, unfortunately ran into Anderson Silva and was on the wrong end of a dubious decision still for me top 5 fighter in the world and one of the best strikers in the game. Pat Berry's mistake was letting Mirko getting on the front foot, he does not like it when he is backed up, but as soon as you let him start to stalk you, with each 10 seconds he grows in confidence and he'll tear you fucking apart if one punch connects

Man that kid was fucking Awesome .. and i Rarely use that word ..showed more maturity than 80 % of the fighters i have seen over the years and hes only 20 ... took his lumps like man and put on one hell of a fight ..

Loved that card ..

I have a theory on the Horrific Judges scoring .. actually even though Dana White complains about it all the time, secretly I believe he understands its good for business, as is encourages fighters to always look to finish ..

UFC is a very big part of my Happiness Cake
Old 27-06-10, 07:19 PM   #77
spud_gun
Paisley

Fedor lost last night against Werdum.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOWewg2Oq4Y&feature=player_embedded"]
[/URL]

No doubt the haters will be out in force. Fuck em.

Fedor has been at the very top of the tree for the best part of a decade.
I don't think we'll see a run like that ever again in MMA. His time in Pride is beyond superlatives.

Time catches up with us all.

War Fedor
Old 29-06-10, 09:08 AM   #78
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

cant believ he lost, absolute legend though!
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-10, 03:48 PM   #79
Nicey
Paisley

He got caught ... shit happens .. would have liked to see him test himself against better opponents Werdum is probally the only legit guy he has fought in years
Old 30-06-10, 11:46 AM   #80
Fernandinho
Where the bloody hell are ya?

haha i saw the title of this thread and kinda thought it was that real wrestling stuff, as soon as i saw nicey as the most recent poster i just knew he had to be you really have a violent side to you dont you

est1892 > General > General Sports