It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-12, 01:56 PM   #41
Rowan
Shankly
 
Rowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
As long as you are comfortable, that is the main thing.

I personally think it might be worth paying the extra, going to a specialist running shop and having them film / analyse your running style. They then recomend a few different pairs based on how you run. So for example, extra support on one side, or a lighter pair, or whatever.

After that, you know which ones are best for you and you can order them cheaper online and stuff.
I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that people should bin all of this over pronate, under pronate shizzle and just learn to front or mid step strike instead. Less injury risk and (if you've knackered knees like myself) it means you can still put in a risk free 40-50 miles a week.

Also running on treadmills is the devil, man. The impact is horrific and after a while you get pushed onto your heels (if you're sticking hill climbs in there too). Use the gym for crosstraining and weight work and hit the streets for your running kicks

And the best running book ever, ever EVER is Born to Run by Christopher McDougal. Everyone with any ambition of running semi-seriously should read this book. It's amazing!
__________________
A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-04-12, 02:04 PM   #42
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris90210 View Post
That's bad advice, sorry mate.

Any PT will tell you that diet is just as, if not more, important than excercise. You obviously hit the excercise hard, but you would have seen even better results if you had been eating the right things.

Most of the fundementals have already been covered, but here's a couple more:

* Buy a Brita filter water jug and drink shit loads. Your piss should be clear. Keep drinking water until it is, then enough to maintain it. I've got one of these and it's fantastic:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BRITA-Marell...5270804&sr=8-2

* Take fish oil as a supplement. I know a bloke who plays rugby semi-professionaly and he says this is the best one you can get:
http://www.alimentnutrition.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=123

I take that and it's awesome. Doesn't taste fishy at all either.

* Try and pack as much veg into your food as you can. Make shit loads in one go then freeze it. I make huge batches of chilli. I put loads of different beans in there, different vegetables in there. I end up with a massive pot. Then use freezer bags to freeze portions of it. Makes it so quick and easy to prepare something nutritious.

* They reckon you should try to phase caffeine out of your diet. That's never going to happen for me, but it's good to be aware of. The PT I know reckons caffeine screws with your adrenal glans which can fuck up the breakdown of fat for energy.
Why would a water filter make any difference to your fitness levels? We had one for years, and concluded it was a waste of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Fad diets are bad, its about controlling what you eat. Ive started using that app I mentioned again. I've taken my daily calorific intake down from 2500 to 1700. Im no less hungry, in fact I feel like I have more energy because I'm eating better. Crisps are my biggest downfall.
Do you think you'll stick with it?
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:05 PM   #43
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that people should bin all of this over pronate, under pronate shizzle and just learn to front or mid step strike instead. Less injury risk and (if you've knackered knees like myself) it means you can still put in a risk free 40-50 miles a week.

Also running on treadmills is the devil, man. The impact is horrific and after a while you get pushed onto your heels (if you're sticking hill climbs in there too). Use the gym for crosstraining and weight work and hit the streets for your running kicks

And the best running book ever, ever EVER is Born to Run by Christopher McDougal. Everyone with any ambition of running semi-seriously should read this book. It's amazing!
What is that?
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:07 PM   #44
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Why would a water filter make any difference to your fitness levels? We had one for years, and concluded it was a waste of money.



Do you think you'll stick with it?
Yeah, I hope so. I did about 18 months ago for nearly 10 months. Then I was in and out of hospital and Xmas happened and my weight went north, really fast. Im the fattest Ive ever been at the moment. This thread was this thing that made me do something about it again. I hate being fat.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:11 PM   #45
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
It does kinda sound a bit like a fad diet. Good luck this time.

I'll never be fat.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:14 PM   #46
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,314
i have asked the mrs to get some brown basmati, brown pasta, and lentils.

the brown rice is 1.70 a kg and the cheapo white rice is 50p a kg. ball ache.
strange, as the white rice needs more processing. must be because it is easier to store in bulk, and less prone to spoil. i blame thatcher and the FA.

water filter/bottled water, waste of space.
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:15 PM   #47
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
It does kinda sound a bit like a fad diet. Good luck this time.

I'll never be fat.
Yeah it does a bit. It is just literally watching what I eat. I suppose its the same as writing everything down so your aware of how much shit I have.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:17 PM   #48
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
And drink too. That could be huge calorie intake if you have booze once or twice a week.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:18 PM   #49
Rowan
Shankly
 
Rowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
What is that?
A lot of runners tend to strike the floor heel first when they run (and given that most running shoes are developed with big blocks on the heel area you're likely to get pushed there anyway) it's (IMO) an inefficient gait and, in my case, after 5 years of regualr running did untold damage to my knee (8-12 miles 5 times a week usually). It's more efficient to focus on landing on the fron of your foot or midstep. You get more pace, more efficient movement, it inspires better posture and takes the pressure off key joints. THere is a massive buzz around minimalist/ barefoot running at the minute and I suppose it's an extension of that.

I should stress that I'm not a fan of barefooting it (although i do own a few pairs of transitional sneakers that i use when running 10ks) but do use neutral shoes (currently Saucony Guide 5s) and have found that switching from a structured shoe and switching my gait to forefront striking has really minimised my injuries. It's also got my 10 mile averages down below 7:30 per mile. Only 4 months in but I'd recommend that people try it. Watch out though as for the few weeks your calves are going to hurt like buggary
__________________
A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:18 PM   #50
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
And drink too. That could be huge calorie intake if you have booze once or twice a week.
Yeah, it really fucks with you. I tend to steer clear of pints. I spent most of last year ordering 'Gin and Slim'

Dont really drink much anymore now though. Once or twice a month at most.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:21 PM   #51
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
A lot of runners tend to strike the floor heel first when they run (and given that most running shoes are developed with big blocks on the heel area you're likely to get pushed there anyway) it's (IMO) an inefficient gait and, in my case, after 5 years of regualr running did untold damage to my knee (8-12 miles 5 times a week usually). It's more efficient to focus on landing on the fron of your foot or midstep. You get more pace, more efficient movement, it inspires better posture and takes the pressure off key joints. THere is a massive buzz around minimalist/ barefoot running at the minute and I suppose it's an extension of that.

I should stress that I'm not a fan of barefooting it (although i do own a few pairs of transitional sneakers that i use when running 10ks) but do use neutral shoes (currently Saucony Guide 5s) and have found that switching from a structured shoe and switching my gait to forefront striking has really minimised my injuries. It's also got my 10 mile averages down below 7:30 per mile. Only 4 months in but I'd recommend that people try it. Watch out though as for the few weeks your calves are going to hurt like buggary


That is actually my natural running style. Might explain why I am usually better than the average person given a similar amount of training. Shame I don't enjoy it so much anymore.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:25 PM   #52
Rowan
Shankly
 
Rowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post


That is actually my natural running style. Might explain why I am usually better than the average person given a similar amount of training. Shame I don't enjoy it so much anymore.
This is the book I mentioned. It's geet class like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Born-Run-Hid...5273618&sr=8-1
__________________
A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:29 PM   #53
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
App for most smartphones and it's a website called 'My Fitness Pal' it helped me lose 2st in about 8 weeks. It just helps you calorie control and sets you daily limits to reach your goal in the desired time. It's brilliant.
Just downloaded.

I should be about 12 stone I reckon but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (14 st) and my gut is expanding at a frightening rate of knots. If I could lose 2st in 8 weeks I'd be ecstatic.

I have never in my entire life considered calorie intake, nor paid any attention to the nutritional info of anything I eat. Ever. Always been a naturally (very) skinny lad, but now I'm 34 and lead an entirely sedentary lifestyle (working from home is the worst for putting on weight) I'm fucking piling it on.

Is that all you did? Input your calorie intake into this app thing and make sure you didn't go over every day?

Today I've eaten a bowl of cereal, two chocolate bars and three cheese & pickle butties. Apparently I have 200 calories left for the day. No idea what that means but it doesn't sound very much
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:42 PM   #54
kris90210
Shankly
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Why would a water filter make any difference to your fitness levels? We had one for years, and concluded it was a waste of money.
Well they reckon it removes most of the shit from water. As far as a waste of money is concerned, it's hardly costing a fortune. You can pick up a jug for about 12. I've replaced the filter about twice in a year and a half at 5 a go. 22 is fuck all really.

I've been told by a few people that using a filter is a good thing, and personally I don't find the cost to be a barrier.
__________________
K ris90210
kris90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:42 PM   #55
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Just downloaded.

I should be about 12 stone I reckon but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (14 st) and my gut is expanding at a frightening rate of knots. If I could lose 2st in 8 weeks I'd be ecstatic.

I have never in my entire life considered calorie intake, nor paid any attention to the nutritional info of anything I eat. Ever. Always been a naturally (very) skinny lad, but now I'm 34 and lead an entirely sedentary lifestyle (working from home is the worst for putting on weight) I'm fucking piling it on.

Is that all you did? Input your calorie intake into this app thing and make sure you didn't go over every day?

Today I've eaten a bowl of cereal, two chocolate bars and three cheese & pickle butties. Apparently I have 200 calories left for the day. No idea what that means but it doesn't sound very much
Basically yeah.

I think the 2 Chocolate bars, and the cheese in the sandwiches have something to do with it. Bread is/was a killer for me.

It basically forced me to change my eating habits. I used to sit at home and just eat. It became a habit, just picking shit up to eat. I slipped back into it. Last year I was 15st, now im nearer 18st. My fighting weight is somewhere around 14st. Thats where I feel most happy.


Ohh, and 200 calories is a tin of soup and a slice of dry brown bread
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:46 PM   #56
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Basically yeah.

I think the 2 Chocolate bars, and the cheese in the sandwiches have something to do with it. Bread is/was a killer for me.

It basically forced me to change my eating habits. I used to sit at home and just eat. It became a habit, just picking shit up to eat. I slipped back into it. Last year I was 15st, now im nearer 18st. My fighting weight is somewhere around 14st. Thats where I feel most happy.


Ohh, and 200 calories is a tin of soup and a slice of dry brown bread
Fuck!

What about pasta and a sauce (got some Lloyd Grossman pasta sauces in )?

My weight gain has definitely been a product of working at home - i.e. the furthest I have to walk is coming down the stairs, then sitting on my arse all day, slowly stuffing my face with biscuits and shit, sandwiches or pitta bread every single day etc.

So did you aim to be way under the recommended calorie intake? Or just make sure you never went over?
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:48 PM   #57
Phoenix07
The Normal One
 
Phoenix07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,403
I'm currently eating gluten-free bread because my stomach is a bit funny with white/brown bread. Any tips on substitutes would be great.
Phoenix07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:49 PM   #58
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Also, 2st in 8 weeks, but I did set the lbs loss to 2lb a week. You also lose a few extra in the first few weeks as your body adjusts. Id also guess that the bigger you are, the quicker you lose it up to a certain point.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:49 PM   #59
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Just downloaded.

I should be about 12 stone I reckon but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (14 st) and my gut is expanding at a frightening rate of knots. If I could lose 2st in 8 weeks I'd be ecstatic.

I have never in my entire life considered calorie intake, nor paid any attention to the nutritional info of anything I eat. Ever. Always been a naturally (very) skinny lad, but now I'm 34 and lead an entirely sedentary lifestyle (working from home is the worst for putting on weight) I'm fucking piling it on.

Is that all you did? Input your calorie intake into this app thing and make sure you didn't go over every day?

Today I've eaten a bowl of cereal, two chocolate bars and three cheese & pickle butties. Apparently I have 200 calories left for the day. No idea what that means but it doesn't sound very much


So that lot cost you what, about 2000 calories already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris90210 View Post
Well they reckon it removes most of the shit from water. As far as a waste of money is concerned, it's hardly costing a fortune. You can pick up a jug for about 12. I've replaced the filter about twice in a year and a half at 5 a go. 22 is fuck all really.

I've been told by a few people that using a filter is a good thing, and personally I don't find the cost to be a barrier.
You have to change the filters about every 6 weeks or something, don't you? And paying over a fiver to drink tap water which is perfectly safe to drink, well, yes, we did consider a waste of money in the end. Each to their own though.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:51 PM   #60
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Also, 2st in 8 weeks, but I did set the lbs loss to 2lb a week. You also lose a few extra in the first few weeks as your body adjusts. Id also guess that the bigger you are, the quicker you lose it up to a certain point.
I set it to lose 2lb a week too. Sounded like fuck all, I was trying to enter more than that to lose

I'm 6'2, does that mean I'll lose it quickly?

Takeaways have now ceased (had about 5 last week, plus loads of beer).
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-04-12, 02:53 PM   #61
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Fuck!

What about pasta and a sauce (got some Lloyd Grossman pasta sauces in )?

My weight gain has definitely been a product of working at home - i.e. the furthest I have to walk is coming down the stairs, then sitting on my arse all day, slowly stuffing my face with biscuits and shit, sandwiches or pitta bread every single day etc.

So did you aim to be way under the recommended calorie intake? Or just make sure you never went over?
You can set your limits on the app. I just tried to get to the limit every day. It did get silly sometimes. Me eating and drinking so I could make it. But as long as you keep to the average over the week you should be fine.

It might not work for all though.

Think youll stick to it?
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:53 PM   #62
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post


So that lot cost you what, about 2000 calories already?
So the app told me ....although the cheese I used had no calorie info on it so I had to Google how many calories are in cheddar cheese

They were big, packed sandwiches though

Seen a few people mention smoothies in this thread. I love them. Are Innocent smoothies good for this shit? Or do you have to make your own?
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?

Last edited by Shaggy; 24-04-12 at 02:59 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:54 PM   #63
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I set it to lose 2lb a week too. Sounded like fuck all, I was trying to enter more than that to lose

I'm 6'2, does that mean I'll lose it quickly?

Takeaways have now ceased (had about 5 last week, plus loads of beer).
By bigger, I mean fatter...
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:54 PM   #64
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:55 PM   #65
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Think youll stick to it?
Being completely honest, probably not. I hope so though. For the first time in my life my weight has started to bother me...for vanity reasons, sucking my belly in .....fuckin moobs developing. Used to be dead skinny and all my t-shirts are quite skinny...now I look a real twat in them. Look like I've got tits with a great big pregnant belly.
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?

Last edited by Shaggy; 24-04-12 at 02:58 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:55 PM   #66
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
So the app told me ....although the cheese I used had no calorie info it so I had to Google how many calories are in cheddar cheese

They were big, packed sandwiches though

Seen a few people mention smoothies in this thread. I love them. Are Innocent smoothies good for this shit? Or do you have to make your own?
Does your app have the barcode scanner. Its so much easier with that.

Also, you can access your profile thingy online. PM me your username on it mate and we can track each other on there. Its a good way of shaming people into using it
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:56 PM   #67
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
By bigger, I mean fatter...
Oh
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:57 PM   #68
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,559
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 02:57 PM   #69
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Does your app have the barcode scanner. Its so much easier with that.

Also, you can access your profile thingy online. PM me your username on it mate and we can track each other on there. Its a good way of shaming people into using it
Haha nice one, will do. My username is ShaggyAlonso.

Didn't see any option to scan a barcode. The reason I said I doubt I'll stick to it is because I got so frustrated having to find the calorie/fat etc information on the packets. Having never, ever looked at that stuff it meant nothing to me so all that "serving size" shit got on my nerves and I nearly quit before I'd begun
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:00 PM   #70
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Haha nice one, will do. My username is ShaggyAlonso.

Didn't see any option to scan a barcode. The reason I said I doubt I'll stick to it is because I got so frustrated having to find the calorie/fat etc information on the packets. Having never, ever looked at that stuff it meant nothing to me so all that "serving size" shit got on my nerves and I nearly quit before I'd begun
I did get used to that after a while. The search function is pretty deep too. Most foods on there. It does get a little tedious when your searching for everything in your dinner.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:03 PM   #71
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I did get used to that after a while. The search function is pretty deep too. Most foods on there. It does get a little tedious when your searching for everything in your dinner.
Seemed ridiculous having to type in the brand name (not optional) and name of the stuff. "Nestle"...."Chocolate Balls" what's the fucking point of that.

Same with cheese butties. "Brand name" - what the hell. It's cheese, inside bread. No brand name FFS. Yet it won't let you continue without entering it, so I had to make something up FFS.
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:04 PM   #72
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957


As i say, the barcode scanner is much easier. Don't know if you have that on your version of the app though.

Also...stop fucking whinging. If losing weight was easy Id be 9st right now
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:11 PM   #73
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Haha.

I want to nip it in the bud before it spirals out of control and I'm suddenly 20 stone. I've always been so skinny (you could see my ribs until a few years ago FFS) I never thought this would be an issue for me.
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:17 PM   #74
kris90210
Shankly
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post


So that lot cost you what, about 2000 calories already?



You have to change the filters about every 6 weeks or something, don't you? And paying over a fiver to drink tap water which is perfectly safe to drink, well, yes, we did consider a waste of money in the end. Each to their own though.
I've just checked and it's 2 months. So I've been doing that wrong then! Doh!

What can I say man, they reckon chlorine and limescale are bad for you and both are present in tap water (removed with a filter). I've read that you 'should' ideally drink filtered or bottled water. It's not really a controversial statement mate. You can pick up a pack of 4 filters for 12 now. That's 1.50 a month.
__________________
K ris90210
kris90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:19 PM   #75
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Just about to make a Nesquick milkshake .....our milk comes from the milkman so there's obviously no nutritional info on the bottle. Is milk good or bad?
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:22 PM   #76
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Just search for Semi Skimmed or whatever. Milk is milk. Its not the greatest. The healthiest is Skimmed Milk. But that tastes like shit.

I can see why your getting bigger...

Nesquick will be loaded with unhealthy shit.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.

Last edited by Alex; 24-04-12 at 03:24 PM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:23 PM   #77
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,053
Is this a massive woosh from Shaggy? Surely he can't be this thick? "Is milk bad?" FFS
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:26 PM   #78
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Just search for Semi Skimmed or whatever. Milk is milk. Its not the greatest. The healthiest is Skimmed Milk. But that tastes like shit.

I can see why your getting bigger...

Nesquick will be loaded with unhealthy shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo1981 View Post
Is this a massive woosh from Shaggy? Surely he can't be this thick? "Is milk bad?" FFS


Man I haven't got a fucking clue, never needed to pay any attention to such boring shit. I know cheese and cream is fattening. Milk, meh I'm not sure. So it's fattening is it?
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:26 PM   #79
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,482
Fuck it, one glass can't do me any harm.

Do you have to log drinks with this 'My Fitness' shizzle?
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 03:27 PM   #80
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,957
Well, it depends how much you drink. After all, its fat suspended in water essentially.

Its not the milk id worry about though. Its the nesquick as I say.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > General > General Sports

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.