It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 29-11-18, 10:25 AM   #3241
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Eh? There’s some of our players in it. That can’t be right.

Weird to put Frazer Brown in ahead of Stuart McInally. I’d agree with other selections, though.
Dan Leavy for me - is even drop O’Brien for him
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 11:22 PM   #3242
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I thought it had only been widely speculated? With some hope that you could chuck enough money at him to make him change his mind.

He leaves you in a great place. Will be motivating for the squad going into the WC and 6ns.

Munster v Edinburgh this weekend Nev. Cockerill has said he is resting the internationals, and given it is a 4 day turnaround for us I cant say I have any confidence.
The game was actually on in Cork and not Thomand so no chance I would ha e gone anyway. A strong Munster side gave your reserves a bit of a thumping.

Farrell, Tyler B and Murray all made comebacks.
Old 30-11-18, 11:53 PM   #3243
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
The game was actually on in Cork and not Thomand so no chance I would ha e gone anyway. A strong Munster side gave your reserves a bit of a thumping.

Farrell, Tyler B and Murray all made comebacks.
Yeah, watched it.

Was all over by HT. We rallied 2nd half, otherwise the score could have been really ridiculous!
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 11:56 PM   #3244
Zapater
Dalglish

https://www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news...t-three-times/

Naka Drotske shot 3 times, currently in critical condition. Fantastic coach who put the Cheetahs on the map for the first time. A lot of really good players like le Roux, Nyakane and Goosen can think him for springboarding their careers. Hope he gets through it.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 06:59 AM   #3245
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
https://www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news...t-three-times/

Naka Drotske shot 3 times, currently in critical condition. Fantastic coach who put the Cheetahs on the map for the first time. A lot of really good players like le Roux, Nyakane and Goosen can think him for springboarding their careers. Hope he gets through it.
Shocking stuff - I hate saying it Zap but ZA was arguably the only place I ever felt ‘unsafe’ and I have travelled extensively.
Old 01-12-18, 08:24 AM   #3246
Zapater
Dalglish

Looks like he's going to pull through.

Quote:
Shocking stuff - I hate saying it Zap but ZA was arguably the only place I ever felt ‘unsafe’ and I have travelled extensively.
Not really the platform to discuss it, but indeed, it's an absolute disgrace. SA is a fantastic place to live and offers a brilliant lifestyle with the warmest of people wherever you go. It's hard to believe that over 50 people are murdered each day. (Un)fortunately most of those are out of site and out of mind, but it really is an eye opener when it's closer to home. There have been a few sports figures in the recent past. Corrie Sanders, Senzo Meyiwa (a goalkeeper) and most shockingly that triathlete who they tried to chainsaw his legs off for no reason

I don't feel unsafe, but sometimes boring Germany looks like a pretty appealing 'out'.
Old 01-12-18, 08:39 AM   #3247
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Looks like he's going to pull through.

Not really the platform to discuss it, but indeed, it's an absolute disgrace. SA is a fantastic place to live and offers a brilliant lifestyle with the warmest of people wherever you go. It's hard to believe that over 50 people are murdered each day. (Un)fortunately most of those are out of site and out of mind, but it really is an eye opener when it's closer to home. There have been a few sports figures in the recent past. Corrie Sanders, Senzo Meyiwa (a goalkeeper) and most shockingly that triathlete who they tried to chainsaw his legs off for no reason

I don't feel unsafe, but sometimes boring Germany looks like a pretty appealing 'out'.
Ya not to be discussed here - have been there LOADS of times and typically for 2 week slots. So many positives but do many negatives also
Old 01-12-18, 08:55 AM   #3248
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Ya not to be discussed here - have been there LOADS of times and typically for 2 week slots. So many positives but do many negatives also
Yep, I've lived abroad for many years. The first 6 months or so back was a huge eye opener. After that you develop blinkers and become immune to it again.

-------

Anyway, back on topic - quite looking forward to the Baabaas game against Argentina later on. Can't believe that Rassie pretty much named the Bok squad with one or two others. Surely that's not right, bit of a conflict of interest.

Nice touch calling up Leguizamon though. Sure he's going to have a great time.
Old 01-12-18, 11:49 AM   #3249
Cormack74
Shankly

That's the sad thing about modern rugby. These days the Baa baas is mostly about who's available not who would you actually like to pick?
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 05:40 PM   #3250
Cormack74
Shankly

That turned into a properly competitive match; not often there's niggle in what's effectively an exhibition game. Some really decent rugby at times too.
Old 01-12-18, 08:10 PM   #3251
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Great game there between Warriors and Scarlets.

A good win for Glasgow despite going down to 14 from 22 mins. Amazing performance e from their pack.
Old 08-12-18, 11:03 AM   #3252
Irishnev
Shankly

Rugby World Team of the Year

Beauden Barrett, Ben Smith, Jonathan Davies, Owen Farrell, Rieko Ioane, Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; Kieran Read, David Pocock, Peter O'Mahony, Leone Nakarawa, Brodie Retallick, Tadhg Furlong, Malcolm Marx, Mako Vunipola

I’m not sure what Davies does to make that team tbh and James Ryan v hard done by.
Old 08-12-18, 12:50 PM   #3253
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Edinburgh top of their Champions Cup group having bonus point win v Newcastle falcons last night.

With Toulon and Montpellier likely to take points of each other I reckon Edinburgh have an outside chance of progressing
Old 13-12-18, 03:48 PM   #3254
Cormack74
Shankly

I finally finished watching all the weekend's games last night. I really can't see past Leinster, Munster or Saracens winning the trophy again this year.
Old 13-12-18, 05:09 PM   #3255
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Maybe Glasgow just outside those three, but not sure Glasgow have the power up front and the game they play is so high risk.

On their day though...
Old 13-12-18, 06:46 PM   #3256
Cormack74
Shankly

I'd love to agree mate, it would be really good to see other clubs in the mix (other than the French obviously), but unless the knockout stage draw is incredibly kind to them I just can't see it.

Happy to be proved wrong though so long as they don't beat an English team in the final.

Actually the only possibility of an English team getting to the final is Sarries and I do have reservations about them so maybe I'll join you in hoping that Glasgow cause a surprise this year
Old 13-12-18, 07:00 PM   #3257
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Glasgow fair well against Leinster and Munster in the Pro 14. They beat Leinster this time last year (and then got crushed in the Champions Cup, but were already out). But when the heat is on the provinces normally have just a bit more.

Saracens are the team to beat.

They are so streetwise. A Saracens v Leinster final would be an absolute cracker.
Old 13-12-18, 09:25 PM   #3258
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:

Saracens are the team to beat.

They are so streetwise.

Agreed; when I said I had reservations about them I meant I'm not a fan. They are just too damned good and have made the Premiership a bit boring as a result.
Old 12-01-19, 08:39 PM   #3259
Irishnev
Shankly

Great win for Munster last night, Leinster without a plethora of players won today and Edinburgh win away in Toulon courtesy of filth like this

Old 12-01-19, 10:20 PM   #3260
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Assuming that is the Mata offload? (Nothing showing)

Edinburgh are playing great right now. Been brilliant watching FC and Edinburgh back to back wins recently.

Pro 14 really strong right now.
Old 12-01-19, 11:27 PM   #3261
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Assuming that is the Mata offload? (Nothing showing)

Edinburgh are playing great right now. Been brilliant watching FC and Edinburgh back to back wins recently.

Pro 14 really strong right now.
They must have pulled the clip but ya ‘that’ offload. I know the feeling as Munster going well also - long may it continue

Old 13-01-19, 06:50 PM   #3262
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Some huge matches next weekend.

Munster v Exeter right up there.
Edinburgh v Montpellier (I might go

Would be great if both Scottish teams got through, potentially 5 pro 14 teams going through.
Old 14-01-19, 10:06 PM   #3263
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Great win for Munster last night,

I caught up with their game yesterday. They looked very efficient but lordy Gloucester were poor. To be fair Glos' have a huge amount of injuries and they definitely missed Poledri who's been outstanding this year but they looked utterly clueles. Just basic stuff like putting pressure on Connor Murray's box kicks or even catching the ball seemed to elude them.

I then watched the Exeter / Castres game with George Clancy reffing. I used to rate Clancy but he was hopeless. In fact much of it was as random as you sometimes get from Romain Poitre.

I wondered if he genuinely has some sort of eye sight problem: there was a point when the Castres tight head blatanly whacked his forearm into Ollie Devoto's head clearly caught by 4 different camera angles and dear George kept saying "I can see he's caught him on the shoulder". It was only when the TMO said "err George he's caught him on the head" that GC realized he was basically being told to send the bloke off.
Old 14-01-19, 11:00 PM   #3264
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
I caught up with their game yesterday. They looked very efficient but lordy Gloucester were poor. To be fair Glos' have a huge amount of injuries and they definitely missed Poledri who's been outstanding this year but they looked utterly clueles. Just basic stuff like putting pressure on Connor Murray's box kicks or even catching the ball seemed to elude them.

I then watched the Exeter / Castres game with George Clancy reffing. I used to rate Clancy but he was hopeless. In fact much of it was as random as you sometimes get from Romain Poitre.

I wondered if he genuinely has some sort of eye sight problem: there was a point when the Castres tight head blatanly whacked his forearm into Ollie Devoto's head clearly caught by 4 different camera angles and dear George kept saying "I can see he's caught him on the shoulder". It was only when the TMO said "err George he's caught him on the head" that GC realized he was basically being told to send the bloke off.
Glous weren’t great that’s for sure but Munster smashed them up front and did well in the backs. It was a break out performance for Carbury in a big away European night.
Old 18-01-19, 05:54 PM   #3265
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I’ve decided to go to the game tonight
Old 19-01-19, 12:18 AM   #3266
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I’ve decided to go to the game tonight
Fantastic result
Old 19-01-19, 01:10 AM   #3267
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Fantastic result
It was - a Huge performance. Went 9-0 up, then conceded a try just before half time and a pen after for 9-10. Then pen and converted try for the deserved win. Montpellier were decent - we were better. We only gave away 4 pens all game..!

Glasgow through on the back of it also and...

Potentially Munster or Exeter at Murrayfield next round!
Old 19-01-19, 09:41 AM   #3268
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
It was - a Huge performance. Went 9-0 up, then conceded a try just before half time and a pen after for 9-10. Then pen and converted try for the deserved win. Montpellier were decent - we were better. We only gave away 4 pens all game..!

Glasgow through on the back of it also and...

Potentially Munster or Exeter at Murrayfield next round!
I fancy it will be Munster Buzzo - that will be some game
Old 19-01-19, 10:48 AM   #3269
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Agreed. It took Exeter 3 rounds to wake up and they've left it far too late by needing to get 5 points at TP.

Also good as they are, they only ever play one style of rugby and I think to progress at this level you need to be a little bit adaptable.
Old 19-01-19, 01:59 PM   #3270
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
A level of sporting confidence from you I am unused to. But yeah Exeter need a BP win to top the group don’t they?

One bit of bad news Scotland wise was that Hamish Watson went off in the first half with a suspected broken hand.

If you think how strong Edinburgh will be when John Barclay, Matt Scott and Mark Bennett return there is some real potential depth in the squad.

Just seeing that Owen Farrell is our injured for the game about to KO v Glasgow.
Old 19-01-19, 02:18 PM   #3271
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Cracking start Saracens v Glasgow.

10-0 after 5 mins to 10-12 after 15. Going to be a try fest this, very open.

Now 17-12. 2 try’s each.

Last edited by Buzzo; 19-01-19 at 02:22 PM.
Old 19-01-19, 02:25 PM   #3272
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

17-19

End to end!
Old 19-01-19, 07:04 PM   #3273
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Brutal first half at Thomond so far.

Arm wrestle.
Old 19-01-19, 07:29 PM   #3274
labourRed
Shankly

Amazing result for Ulster.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 08:01 PM   #3275
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

All to play for going into the last 15.

Pretty attritional stuff.
Old 19-01-19, 08:12 PM   #3276
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
All to play for going into the last 15.

Pretty attritional stuff.
And yet I still feel comfortable history shows they always come through but Exeter better than I thought.

Easier watching this than the game earlier

Assuming Leinster do the needful then it will be Edinburgh vs Munster

Last edited by Irishnev; 19-01-19 at 08:33 PM.
Old 19-01-19, 08:41 PM   #3277
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
And yet I still feel comfortable history shows they always come through but Exeter better than I thought.

Easier watching this than the game earlier

Assuming Leinster do the needful then it will be Edinburgh vs Munster
It was a brutal match.

Exeter butchered a few promising line out positions, but Munsters defence was immense.

Yep, Edinburgh v Munster at Murrayfield looking likely.
Old 20-01-19, 06:50 PM   #3278
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Yep, Edinburgh v Munster at Murrayfield looking likely.
Edinburgh will get a red invasion Buzzo - I won’t look to go myself but loads will travel
Old 20-01-19, 08:07 PM   #3279
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Edinburgh will get a red invasion Buzzo - I won’t look to go myself but loads will travel
I'm definitely going. My Birthday weekend

Should be a classic, hopefully we will have a few players back from injury. Unbeaten since April at Murrayfield.
Old 20-01-19, 08:52 PM   #3280
Irishnev
Shankly

est1892 > General > General Sports