It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 24-03-13, 02:17 PM   #81
RichC
Meh

Surprised at the wing call, I mean it was obviously fucked and would need replacing I know they probably wanted to do it the same time as sticking dries on but they threw away certain points by leaving him out.

Aye, bad call matching Redbull but its what has happened with both them and McLaren the past few seasons, nice to see the Mercs trying to do their own thing today and sticking to the game plan.

Can't see Webber at RB next season.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-03-13, 02:40 PM   #82
G
Paisley

Yeah we seen it with Lotus last week,do your own thing,let the others worry about you.

Cost them the title in 2010 and they still do it.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-13, 02:57 PM   #83
RichC
Meh

Today has made me really want to see someone other than Vettel win the drivers title!
Old 24-03-13, 03:33 PM   #84
Gaz
Shankly

Brilliant Drama though, is it going to turn into Senna/Prost MkII?

Felt sorry for Mark as so many times he's held position behind Seb, he'd have done well to remember that
Old 24-03-13, 03:37 PM   #85
RichC
Meh

Old 24-03-13, 03:58 PM   #86
Gaz
Shankly

Old 24-03-13, 04:01 PM   #87
RichC
Meh

Yeah showed that on sky (blocked out) he's got to be seriously pissed off - should be an interesting race in China
Old 24-03-13, 04:19 PM   #88
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

I hope Vettle puts it into the wall in china or Webber puts him in it. Can't fucking stand Vettle and never have. No where near the best driver in the pit. There are about 4 or 5 better drivers in F1 including his team mate.

Last edited by Leyton388; 24-03-13 at 04:21 PM.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-13, 04:19 PM   #89
Gaz
Shankly

Just rewatched the finish and Webber was as far away from the pit wall as he could possibly get as he crossed the finish line.

Quite sad that this is the focal point after last weeks brilliant race but unfortunately that's the position Formula 1 put itself in when they decided to allow team orders again
Old 24-03-13, 04:30 PM   #90
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Webber said: "After the last stop the team told me the race was over and we turned the engines down and go to the end. The team made their decision. Seb made his own decision and he will have protection as usual."
Old 24-03-13, 04:33 PM   #91
RichC
Meh

Aye, not a happy camper at all but Vettel will be protected with all of this, expect if the title is done and an opportunity to pull over Vettel will no doubt do it (when it doesn't matter of course)
Old 24-03-13, 04:44 PM   #92
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

After today Vettle should expect no protection from webber this season in races.
Old 24-03-13, 04:53 PM   #93
RichC
Meh

I very much doubt he'll get any, I think it's going to be full on racing from Webber from here on in I mean what does he have to lose, likely his last season at RB and maybe in F1 be nice to see him have a real go at the title
Old 24-03-13, 04:54 PM   #94
G
Paisley

I'd love to see Webber win the title. Won't happen though
Old 24-03-13, 05:11 PM   #95
RichC
Meh

Yeah it would be nice but can't see it, seems a nice guy really.

Season is shaping up well, RB team to beat although not so dominant, Ferrari better than last season but still work to do, same with Mercs, McLaren can surely only get better and not sure what to make of Lotus so dominant in Australia and pretty average here!
Old 24-03-13, 05:23 PM   #96
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Yeah i'd love too see webber win the title but Vettle would have a bitch fit if webber started to threaten and RB would do what they do best and protect their golden boy.
Old 24-03-13, 05:37 PM   #97
G
Paisley

Good article from DC yesterday about Vettel needing to move teams and win a title if he's ever going to be considered in the elite group of champions.

Spot on I reckon.
Old 24-03-13, 05:43 PM   #98
RichC
Meh

I think that was partly Hamilton's reasoning for moving teams. Vettel is a very good driver but I still fancy if he was in the same car as either Hamilton or Alonso he'd come up short over the course of a season now moving and being rut up there would help dispel that sort of thinking but why would you move from the team with the best car on the grid.
Old 24-03-13, 06:55 PM   #99
G
Paisley

Yeah he has no reason to move, the only reason Senna left Mclaren was to get in what he thought was the best car.

If the performance at red bull ever drops of, he'll go, he's still only 25.
Old 24-03-13, 06:59 PM   #100
RichC
Meh

Ahhhh if the Red Bulls drop off the pace he will certainly be off, Ferrari would be an obvious destination in a few years
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-03-13, 07:02 PM   #101
Camble
Benitez

I'm a massive Hamilton fan, but I quite liked Vettel.

I lost a lot of respect for Seb today, especially considering the support he'd had from Webber in the past.
I hope Webber ignores any team orders for the rest of the season, as Red Bull or Vettel couldn't argue.
I actually think Seb shot himself in the foot today, as Webber will not hesitate in fighting him like any other driver.
Camble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-13, 07:42 PM   #102
RichC
Meh

Horner is certainly going to struggle to keep control of the two drivers for the rest of the season in terms of holding to team orders.

Should make for a more exciting season though
Old 24-03-13, 09:49 PM   #103
Arn
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
Horner is certainly going to struggle to keep control of the two drivers for the rest of the season in terms of holding to team orders.

Should make for a more exciting season though
He won't have had any other choice than to give Vettel a last warning. Do it again and it will be his last season as a Red Bull driver.

The sponsors will simply demand it.

The problem with that is of course that Vettel is protected by the Red Bull owner but even he must be pissed off with what happened today.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-13, 09:55 PM   #104
RichC
Meh

Nah, no way will they issue that sort of ultimatum. He'll be told to apologise to Webber and that will be in.

The sponsor is a huge fan of Vettel and have spent A LOT of money on his development, no way will they cut him lose.
Old 24-03-13, 10:45 PM   #105
mick the click
Tail Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
Nah, no way will they issue that sort of ultimatum. He'll be told to apologise to Webber and that will be in.

The sponsor is a huge fan of Vettel and have spent A LOT of money on his development, no way will they cut him lose.
Yep.

I'd love Webber to stuff that little twat. Vettel was pathetic.
mick the click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 11:03 AM   #106
Gaz
Shankly

After thinking about it a bit more do you think Vettel had one eye on being behind Webber in the Drivers Championship and maybe wondering if he would have to play second fiddle this season if he ended up pulling out a big enough gap?

No matter what anyone thinks he is undoubtedly their number 1 driver but we've seen bigger teams back other drivers in the past, think back to 2008 Raikonnen was World Champion but had to back Massa as the number 1 Ferrari Driver in the title race against Hamilton.

I just don't think his ego could take it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, after all it's made him a Triple World Champion
Old 25-03-13, 11:09 AM   #107
RichC
Meh

I wouldn't be surprised, no F1 driver wants to be playing catch up to their teammate and although very early in the season a couple more results in Webbers favour might have started the team thinking about putting more time into Webbers chances.

I guess in F1 you have to have immense belief in yourself and do what you must to be Number 1 in your team.
Old 25-03-13, 01:18 PM   #108
Gaz
Shankly

Agreed, the more I think about it the more I see similarities to the Senna\Prost rivalry which could make things very interesting this season
Old 25-03-13, 01:38 PM   #109
G
Paisley

Let's not forget Webber was leading Vettel in the 2010 championship at the last race and Vettel got where they needed him to be to jump him and Alonso. As a team I'd imagine they'd let them race to the bitter end, whether Vettel could handle that is another thing
Old 25-03-13, 01:38 PM   #110
Daniel 7
Heretic

Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 01:41 PM   #111
Chazza
Des Lynam

Happy campers.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 01:42 PM   #112
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Agreed, the more I think about it the more I see similarities to the Senna\Prost rivalry which could make things very interesting this season
Senna / Prost is an obvious comparison but not strictly accurate. Those two were the undoubted best drivers in F1 and there was a genuine dispute as to who was the best driver in the world at that time, let alone who was going to be the lead driver at McLaren.

Vettel and Webber aren't the best two drivers on the grid, they're bickering team mates. Vettel is indulged and has been for years, he's ruining his own credibility, which is a pity, because he is a genuinely fast and very talented driver.

What affects his legacy is that he's being drawn into a squabble with a driver he should be able to dominate legitimately.
Old 25-03-13, 02:09 PM   #113
Daniel 7
Heretic

The other one to remember is that might have been a bit of revenge for Webber closing off Vettel in the title decider last season - it worked out for Vettel and he ended up with the championship, but not without being nearly put into the wall by his team mate first
Old 27-03-13, 09:27 AM   #114
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Mark Webber, Sebastian Vettel must part in 2014 - Flavio Briatore

Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull partnership cannot continue into 2014, reckons ex-Formula 1 team boss Flavio Briatore, who has been part of Webber's management throughout his F1 career.

Vettel's current contract runs to the end of 2014, while Webber's deal is for this year only at present.

Briatore believes Vettel's decision to pass Webber for Malaysian Grand Prix victory despite Red Bull ordering them to hold station with the Australian ahead destroys the relationship between the team-mates and could cost them the championship.

"I think there's no relationship anymore," Briatore told RAI Radio.

"It was already very formal beforehand between the two Red Bull drivers, that was very clear last year.

"Now Vettel says he will help Mark, but Mark doesn't need any help. He should have won the race, and it's possible that Vettel will win every other race.

"I don't think this relationship can be fixed. They are two professionals, they will win races and so on, but it's unthinkable that Mark may help Vettel in the future and I don't think Vettel will help Mark.

"So we'll have two enemies inside a single team, and this will hopefully advantage Ferrari."

Asked if he now expected Webber or Vettel to leave Red Bull after 2013, Briatore replied: "That's for sure. Last year, already, there were problems.

"Their car is very competitive so drivers want to stay there, but [Sepang] was proof that no one is in charge at Red Bull.

"Vettel is the boss there. You can't have a team manager also doing the driving."

Briatore accused Red Bull team boss Christian Horner of weakness, alleging that the power balance between Horner, technical director Adrian Newey, Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko and company chief Dietrich Mateschitz is flawed.

"If there was a manager with balls, he would have had them switch positions again," said Briatore.

"The problem is that there are two people with different ideas on the pit wall, with Helmut behind them doing the talking with Mateschitz, so you understand they are all scared."

He also criticised the fact that Newey was on the podium rather than Horner.

"Normally the team principal goes on the podium at the first race win of the season," said Briatore.

"Christian didn't even have the strength to get on the podium - because they're terrified with a driver in charge instead of the team manager. You'd first go yourself if you win the championship or the first race, and after that you'd send race engineers or your technical director.

"The fact that Christian didn't go on the podium after scoring a one-two says a lot about his weakness compared to the others."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106393
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 12:25 PM   #115
RichC
Meh

I see Vettel has been incredibly contrite about the last race then! :sha

Gives Horner a problem as I fancy the guy above Horner has backed Vettel in all of this

Quote:
Sebastian Vettel: I may disobey Red Bull orders again

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel says he would "probably" ignore team orders again if he was instructed not to challenge team-mate Mark Webber.

Vettel was asked if he would repeat his actions from the Malaysian Grand Prix.

He said: "I'm not sure I can give a proper answer because in the moment it might be different but I would probably do the same."

Vettel added his move was "indirectly" a form of payback for what he said was a lack of past support from Webber.

Vettel said: "I never had support from his side. I have a lot of support from the team and think they are supporting both of us the same way. I respect Mark as a racing driver but there was more than one occasion in the past when he could have helped the team and he didn't."

Vettel was asked if he was getting revenge for Webber being less than helpful in last year's title-deciding race in Brazil, when Webber appeared to be obstructive twice despite being told by the team to help Vettel in his championship battle with Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.
The German replied: "Probably you could say indirectly so."

Vettel did not mention the several times in the past that Webber has obeyed team orders not to challenge Vettel, even when he felt he was faster and was himself a title contender - as for example in Canada, Japan and Brazil in 2010.

Asked if he would have given the place back had team principal Christian Horner ordered him to do so over the radio, Vettel said: "I didn't mean to ignore the team's order. I heard it, but I didn't understand it the proper way. I apologised for that.
"Had I understood, I think (if) I had thought about it and reflected on what leaving Mark in first place meant, I probably would have done the same thing because Mark doesn't deserve that."

Vettel explained that he did not initially understand the team's message "Multi 21" - a coded team order for Webber (car number two) to finish ahead of Vettel (car number one).

Webber experienced the same confusion in Brazil last year, when he was given the message "Multi 12" - an order for Vettel to finish ahead of Webber.

Vettel said he had not been punished by the team.

"I did speak up and apologise," he said. "Sanction, punishment, what do you expect to happen? We dealt with it internally. I did apologise to the team as soon as I could, the whole team, not just the people working here."

He admitted his actions had undermined Horner's authority.

"You could say so," Vettel said, "but I went to talk to everyone straight afterwards. The intention was not to undermine the team principal."

When it was suggested Horner was no longer in control of the team, Vettel said: "That is not right. He is the boss, he is in control of all the employees. I am not in any other position than I am. I am the driver."

Webber said everything was "fine" within the team.

He added: "For me it's not an unusual situation and I'm looking forward to racing here this weekend and getting on with it.

"When you're at the front in Formula 1 there's always stuff going down, so it just depends on how much is going down that you've got to manage.

"I'm looking forward to driving the car here, putting it in first gear and driving out of the garage and getting down there to feel what the car's like on the circuit."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490
Old 11-04-13, 12:36 PM   #116
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!

Vettel has a serious lack of class. I'd love him to go to Ferrari and team-up with Alonso. He's always been no. 1 at Red Bull so he's talking absolute crap as to a lack of support. He's been given everything to be able to win the title. In a team of Alonso and Vettel there is no way he would get the preferential treatment...let's see how he does then.

Can't stand the guy
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 05:48 PM   #117
Jas
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post
Vettel has a serious lack of class. I'd love him to go to Ferrari and team-up with Alonso. He's always been no. 1 at Red Bull so he's talking absolute crap as to a lack of support. He's been given everything to be able to win the title. In a team of Alonso and Vettel there is no way he would get the preferential treatment...let's see how he does then.

Can't stand the guy
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 07:34 PM   #118
RichC
Meh

I see Red Bull have decided to reduce team orders! Sounds like the owner has told Horner how he wants it going forwards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22109935
Old 11-04-13, 07:34 PM   #119
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post

Can't stand the guy
Id imagine a distant 2nd in the same car as Alonso
Old 11-04-13, 08:13 PM   #120
Aj34
Benitez

I love f1 but something needs to be done to spice it up a bit. Bring back refuelling just as a start. I. Agree vettel is a wanker but he's a winning wanker can see him winning many more championships ( unfortunately )
Aj34 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports