It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 15-03-16, 09:55 PM   #81
EwarWoo
Paisley

Finally - if we have a fire around here you can carry ceej out.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 15-03-16, 10:05 PM   #82
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Don't be ridiculous, I'm not Geoff Capes.

Plus I don't touch the gingers. Best just to roll him out like a giant snowball.
Old 05-04-16, 02:51 PM   #83
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

No one is that arsed but new 5 rep PB On deads of 190K. (30st). Oooosht.
Old 06-04-16, 01:19 PM   #84
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
That's brilliant, well done.

As most people know on here I've always been a runner. But I started lifting back in December. I've been in the gym 4/5 days a week since then and bulked up considerably.

I've only just started deadlifting very recently though. I am doing sets of 100kg at the moment. It's definitely the exercising where you get the biggest buzz. The feeling of lifting all that weight. I can see why people get addicted
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 02:38 PM   #85
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I did my first clean and jerks today! Started off with an empty 8kg barbell to understand the form and worked my way up a little to 15kg of weight. Not big numbers but the trainer was more interested in me getting the movement right. I didn't do the over head part of it though.
Old 06-04-16, 06:35 PM   #86
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye, if you're clean & jerking properly defo need get the form right. I went back & did some Olympic lifting training & found I was cleaning all wrong & had drop the weights down hugely. Then the class folded.

Ace Pobs, 100K is no mean feat after such a short time. How you finding the extra weight/ demand on your legs for running?
Old 11-04-16, 11:53 AM   #87
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Aye, if you're clean & jerking properly defo need get the form right. I went back & did some Olympic lifting training & found I was cleaning all wrong & had drop the weights down hugely. Then the class folded.

Ace Pobs, 100K is no mean feat after such a short time. How you finding the extra weight/ demand on your legs for running?
I'm still running pretty well to be honest! I run to and from the gym most days, it's only about 3km in total though. Running with a pump on the way home feels odd though

Leg day again today:

Squats (4 sets x 10)
Dead-lifts (4 sets x 10)
Leg Press (4 sets x 15)
Quad extensions (4 sets x Failure)
Hamstring curls (4 sets x Failure)
Dumbbell Lunges (4 sets)

How is that for a leg workout? I'm formulating this from a compilation of YouTube videos but that seems to be a decent enough leg workout right?
Old 13-04-16, 10:18 AM   #88
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

6 weeks exactly until holiday, really need to step it up at the gym. In as bad a shape as I've been in years. Have to shift nearly 1.5 stone.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-16, 07:40 PM   #89
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

That's shitloads Pobs, more than enough. Generally I do fairly low volumes of lower body stuff. One squat day, one dead day. Not usually owt aside from that (unless you count calf raises which I occasionally do).
Old 13-04-16, 10:59 PM   #90
Ams12
Dalglish

The Weight Training Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I'm still running pretty well to be honest! I run to and from the gym most days, it's only about 3km in total though. Running with a pump on the way home feels odd though

Leg day again today:

Squats (4 sets x 10)
Dead-lifts (4 sets x 10)
Leg Press (4 sets x 15)
Quad extensions (4 sets x Failure)
Hamstring curls (4 sets x Failure)
Dumbbell Lunges (4 sets)

How is that for a leg workout? I'm formulating this from a compilation of YouTube videos but that seems to be a decent enough leg workout right?

I'd take the deadlifts out (to put less stress on your lower back over the workout) and keep the hammy curls to about 6-8 reps as hammys respond best to heavier loads and lower reps but otherwise a decent enough routine
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-16, 08:59 AM   #91
labourRed
Shankly

As a wise man once said if you squat and deadlift on the same day you are doing them wrong.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-16, 11:45 AM   #92
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ams12 View Post
I'd take the deadlifts out (to put less stress on your lower back over the workout) and keep the hammy curls to about 6-8 reps as hammys respond best to heavier loads and lower reps but otherwise a decent enough routine
This was great advice. I wish I'd read it before as I did actually get some lower back pain from this workout.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 14-04-16, 12:56 PM   #93
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
It's good but you're no Eddie Hall
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-16, 03:16 PM   #94
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye, but then he is literally twice my size.
Old 14-04-16, 03:30 PM   #95
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Listen to Arms12 the PT.
Old 14-04-16, 05:38 PM   #96
Ams12
Dalglish

Today i had a rest day...mainly because i can get home earlier & settle down before tonights game lol

Tomorrow i will do either some crossfit style workout based on some oly lifts or will do a workout based on big compounds!
This week i've done legs on Monday, chest & back Tuesday then shoulders and arms Wednesday.
Last week i was in the office alone so was mentally tired by the end of my day! Even when you work in a gym it's hard to get your workouts in at times!

Happy Lifting!
Old 14-04-16, 06:39 PM   #97
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Aye, but then he is literally twice my size.
[stock reply]Who isn't! [/stock reply]

i googled 'dead lift' to see what it was and he came up. I bet he has haemorroids like aubergines
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-16, 10:14 PM   #98
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Old 19-04-16, 07:02 PM   #99
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Well, left shoulder is a bit spannered at mo (suspecting small tear in rear delt) but new pb on deads today of 8x180K.
Old 19-04-16, 10:23 PM   #100
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

5x5 Bench Press today
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 21-04-16, 10:55 AM   #101
paulg
Dalglish

So yesterday I did some press ups. Proper chin to the floor, body straight as a board, as close to perfect form as I could get. I managed a mighty... 5. Yes 5 press ups, before I was shaking like a shitting dog.

I've said this many times, but this time I have some real motivation that is outside of myself to get stronger and fitter. So the progress will come.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-16, 03:35 PM   #102
RedReet

9 days into my low carb diet and I'm losing no bloody weight. I expected to be a stone lighter by now

Body is just so used to fasting and dieting now, that it barely responds.
Old 28-04-16, 09:51 AM   #103
RedReet

2 long weeks of no carbs and fasting- 1kg lost.

1 day of eating healthily- 1.5kgs gained.

FFS

I look forward to my weigh in tomorrow after boozing and eating crap all day today.
Old 28-04-16, 10:35 PM   #104
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Pretty stable around 89K nowadays but I notice the difference in my belly when I swim less, even if the weight is consistent.

Squats today. Workin sets were:

3x150
3x155
3x157.5
3x155
4x150
Old 28-04-16, 11:03 PM   #105
Assassin
Kloppite

I bench pressed 6 x Roboklopp's today......

.......then upped the anti.......

.......and bench pressed 6 x CJ's
Old 28-04-16, 11:36 PM   #106
Ams12
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
2 long weeks of no carbs and fasting- 1kg lost.

1 day of eating healthily- 1.5kgs gained.

FFS

I look forward to my weigh in tomorrow after boozing and eating crap all day today.

Carbs hold water! So the 1kg you lost would be mainly water weight. 1.5kg you gained would be water weight!

Simple rules & workout progressions to losing weight:
1) Find your macros in grams. 40% carbs. 30% fat. 30% protein as a base guideline. You should be in a calorie deficit then work out your 40/30/30 split.
2) Start working out. Ideally resistance training. Focusing on compound moves. Full body routine 3-4 times a week to start then you can look at body part splits when you are used to the compound movements - push/pull/legs etc...
3) Monitor Progress.
4) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, add 30mins cardio at end of workout or during day.
5) Monitor Progress.
6) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, increase intensity or volume of workout. Eg - do an extra set of each exercise or jog faster for 30 mins.
7) Monitor Progress.
8) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, reduce calories by 5-10% then recalculate macro split.
9) Monitor Progress.
10) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, add in 1-2 HIIT Sessions during the week alongside usual workout.
11) Monitor Progress.
12) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, reduce calories by 5-10% then recalculate macro split.

Now you can start looking at carb cycling (more carbs & less fat on leg days, medium carbs & fat on upper body/push or pull days, and low carbs & higher fats on rest days) Protein intake will always stay constant.

Hope that helps
Old 29-04-16, 07:30 AM   #107
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:
Carbs hold water! So the 1kg you lost would be mainly water weight. 1.5kg you gained would be water weight!

1) Find your macros in grams. 40% carbs. 30% fat. 30% protein as a base guideline. You should be in a calorie deficit then work out your 40/30/30 split.
2) Start working out. Ideally resistance training. Focusing on compound moves. Full body routine 3-4 times a week to start then you can look at body part splits when you are used to the compound movements - push/pull/legs etc...
3) Monitor Progress.
4) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, add 30mins cardio at end of workout or during day.
5) Monitor Progress.
6) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, increase intensity or volume of workout. Eg - do an extra set of each exercise or jog faster for 30 mins.
7) Monitor Progress.
8) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, reduce calories by 5-10% then recalculate macro split.
9) Monitor Progress.
10) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, add in 1-2 HIIT Sessions during the week alongside usual workout.
11) Monitor Progress.
12) Once Weight Loss slows down/stops, reduce calories by 5-10% then recalculate macro split.

Now you can start looking at carb cycling (more carbs & less fat on leg days, medium carbs & fat on upper body/push or pull days, and low carbs & higher fats on rest days) Protein intake will always stay constant.

Hope that helps

spot on.

This is the best video out there to help people calculating calories and macros...

https://m.facebook.com/richie.howey/...54014850864295
Old 29-04-16, 09:22 AM   #108
RedReet

Quote:

3) Monitor Progress.
5) Monitor Progress.
7) Monitor Progress.
9) Monitor Progress.
11) Monitor Progress.

Hope that helps
Cheers mate, but I知 really just venting. I monitor my weight and my body fat daily and have a good idea how to control it. I need to do more cardio definitely, but I致e no desire to do so unless I start playing football again. I go to the gym 4 times a week and walk about 10-12 miles per day, so that does me for now.

My problem is booze. I知 not willing to give it up or even cut down, so I normally drink heavily Fri, Sat & Sun, then eat well the rest of the week so my weight stays steady at about 64-65kgs. If I go on a long binge and put on a bit of weight, I値l no carb for a week or so to lose it and if I致e a holiday on the horizon, then I値l no carb for a while to get my weight and body fat down.

Normally it works a treat, but I was shocked how little I lost this time. My problem was not eating enough though, I find it easier to starve than force-feed, so out of laziness I did that most of the time. Not the healthiest approach I know, but I at least give the illusion that I知 healthy, haha.
Old 29-04-16, 09:37 AM   #109
labourRed
Shankly

Well there's a pretty obvious approach to weight control in there and you don't need to be a dietitian to work it out. I'm in a similar boat but I'm trying to see if one nights drinking will work for me. Not touched anything for a week now.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-16, 09:46 AM   #110
RedReet

Well these Thursday night matches are killing me as that's an extra night drinking.

The bank holiday weekend is bad timing for me too as potentially that could be 5 straight days drinking and eating crap, so if I can avoid the bar today gonna try and have a fast day.
Old 29-04-16, 10:31 PM   #111
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post

Imagine Seigebeast would be a nightmare to bench. Not just cos of the huge weight, but cos his blubber would ooze everywhere & not hold form while you tried.
Old 11-05-16, 10:07 PM   #112
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Speed and deficit deadlifts. The latter are well fucking hard- feel about 40K heavier than normal ones.
Old 11-05-16, 10:08 PM   #113
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Speed and deficit deadlifts. The latter are well fucking hard biceps feel about 40K heavier than normal ones.
Old 11-05-16, 10:11 PM   #114
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Assmaniac are you following me?? Creepy weirdo.
Old 11-05-16, 10:13 PM   #115
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Assmaniac are you following me?? Creepy weirdo.
Fraid not. Agree with your CJ comment
Old 11-05-16, 10:15 PM   #116
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post

Quote:
Imagine Seigebeast would be a nightmare to bench. Not just cos of the huge weight, but cos his blubber would ooze everywhere & not hold form while you tried.
I have no recollection of posting this.........
Old 11-05-16, 10:16 PM   #117
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Have you ever tried deficit deadlifts Assmaniac?
Old 11-05-16, 10:19 PM   #118
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Have you ever tried deficit deadlifts Assmaniac?
Deficit deadlifts are for people who struggle with the first phase of a normal deadlift....
Old 11-05-16, 10:20 PM   #119
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Have you been a googling?

Aye, defo need help in that relatively weak phase if I gonna get 220K.
Old 11-05-16, 10:26 PM   #120
Assassin
Kloppite

I assumed you used deficit deadlifts to increase your stature in the gym. Are you using a 4" platform

est1892 > General > General Sports