It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 29-07-06, 12:17 AM   #1
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Hatton to fight Urango?

i read tonight that ricky hatton will give up his title at 147LBS and move back down to light-welterweight to face the man who won the IBF title that he vacated before the collazo fight. apparently this will set up a fight wit diego corrales in early 2007 should they both win their next fights.

corrales is fighting casmayor despite it being a rubber match it shouldn't be anything more than a warm up for him and despite urango having a good record he is nowhere near as good as some of the top fighters out there.

a hatton V's corrales fight would be huge around the world for all boxing fans although i couldn't see it lasting more than 6-8 rouns because either one would get knocked out because of their respective come forward styles.

if this turns out to be true then i think we can kiss goodbye to a hatton V's mayweather fight.
kurtangle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-07-06, 12:19 AM   #2
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

oh yeah forgot to add. the urango fight will be in atlanta.

an announcment will apparently be made next week.
Old 29-07-06, 01:01 AM   #3
Hollowman
Paisley

Hatton isn't a multiweight fighter anyway. Collazo ain't much, but he was all Hatton could handle. If he wants his big fight he's right to step down and look for Corrales and then make a mess of Cotto.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 04:28 AM   #4
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman
Hatton isn't a multiweight fighter anyway. Collazo ain't much, but he was all Hatton could handle. If he wants his big fight he's right to step down and look for Corrales and then make a mess of Cotto.
Has Cotto fought at light Welter Weight recently? Very big looking for that weight.
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 01:07 PM   #5
Hollowman
Paisley

Er, he's the light welter champion. Fought 140 or below for the last for years.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 01:23 PM   #6
fah-q
Touching cloth

Will they fight in the congo?
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 02:37 PM   #7
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman
Er, he's the light welter champion. Fought 140 or below for the last for years.
Ive seen the last few of his fights too. not sure why i thought he was a welterweight, must be the look of him.
Old 01-08-06, 09:41 PM   #8
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian rush
Has Cotto fought at light Welter Weight recently? Very big looking for that weight.
I used to think Cotto looked the business baz - but I've gone off him lately. I'd love Hatton to fight him.

By the way Kurt - who the f*** is Urango? Never heard of the bloke
Old 01-08-06, 09:59 PM   #9
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_lfc
I used to think Cotto looked the business baz - but I've gone off him lately. I'd love Hatton to fight him.

By the way Kurt - who the f*** is Urango? Never heard of the bloke
urango is the guy who won ricky's IBF belt when he vacated it. rabah was the number 1 contender while urango was number 2 contender.

i think if this fight goes ahead it is as suggested to set up a fight with corrales in early 2007.

i don't know much about urango either. but he apparently has a good record.
Old 01-08-06, 10:01 PM   #10
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

here is his record.
Juan Urango
Sex Male
Nationality Colombian
Alias Iron Twin
Birth Name Juan Fernando Urango Rivas
Global ID 214425
Federal ID FL065615
Hometown Miami, FL, USA
Birthplace Jaraquielle, Colombia
Rated at Light Welterweight
World Rank 8 / 1033
Date of Birth 1980-10-04
Age 25
Reach 71
Height 5' 8
Trainer Alejandro
Manager Luis Navarro
W 17 (13 ko's) | L 0 | D 1 | Total 18

i don't think he's in hatton league.
Old 01-08-06, 10:39 PM   #11
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_lfc
Really, I think cotto has had the opposite effect on me howard.
Some werent impressed so much with him in his last fight, but I was. Especially with his strength. I honestly think he would be too strong for Hatton.
Has anyone seen that light welterweight chap who is making a name for himself, real stocky young lad, possibly south american. like a shrunken version of Tyson almost, looks like he could add some real quality to the division. Sorry for the vague description lol.
Old 01-08-06, 10:40 PM   #12
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtangle01
i think if this fight goes ahead it is as suggested to set up a fight with corrales in early 2007.
That would be a fight worth staying up for. Although admittedly, i havn't seen too much of corales, but i know he is good. Not sure who would win.
Old 01-08-06, 10:56 PM   #13
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Quote:
That would be a fight worth staying up for. Although admittedly, i havn't seen too much of corales, but i know he is good. Not sure who would win.
the fight wouldn't go the distance. i'd say maybe between 6 and 8 rounds because both fighters have a relatively poor defence and come out swinging. i think hatton would win but i would never rule corrales out simply because of his heart.

it'd be a great fight and one that would be huge in america and the U.K.
Old 01-08-06, 10:58 PM   #14
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Quote:
Really, I think cotto has had the opposite effect on me howard.
Some werent impressed so much with him in his last fight, but I was. Especially with his strength. I honestly think he would be too strong for Hatton.
Has anyone seen that light welterweight chap who is making a name for himself, real stocky young lad, possibly south american. like a shrunken version of Tyson almost, looks like he could add some real quality to the division. Sorry for the vague description lol.
i agree about cotto. the guy is huge and looks like a full blown middleweight in the ring. i'd love to see him tested against a really good fighter though.

as for the guy you described...i have absolutely no idea. when did you see him fight baz?
Old 01-08-06, 11:18 PM   #15
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
i agree about cotto. the guy is huge and looks like a full blown middleweight in the ring. i'd love to see him tested against a really good fighter though.

as for the guy you described...i have absolutely no idea. when did you see him fight baz?
may have been on the undercard for one of the big American fights over the past month. Needless to say, he knocked his man out, i think in the first round, very powerfull guy, Tyson esque in his looks (small stocky) and style. Id keep an eye out anyway, the is bound to be good things written about him.
Old 04-08-06, 10:50 PM   #16
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

rumours are surfacing that hatton may fight castillo next year.

It was reported by boxing scribe Dan Rafael of ESPN, that Jose Luis Castillo's promoter Bob Arum and Artie Pelullo, co-promoter of WBA welterweight champion Ricky Hatton, have had several discussions about matching the two fighters in an HBO PPV fight in the first quarter of 2007. The possibility of the fight actually taking place appears to be good.

Two obvious obstacles are in the way, Hatton needs to win his December bout, likely against Oktay Urkal and Castillo must serve out the suspension that the Nevada Athletic Commission will hand down for being unable to make weight for his third bout with Diego Corrales.

"We'd like to have Castillo fight Hatton. They'll probably suspend him until the end of the year," Arum said. "If they do that, we would have him fight in Mexico in a tune-up fight at the end of the year and then have him ready for March or April on HBO. I have talked to Artie, [co-promoter] Dennis Hobson, all of them. It's a big fight and I think it would do very well. It's an exciting match."

this is from hatton official website.
Old 11-08-06, 11:04 PM   #17
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza76
may have been on the undercard for one of the big American fights over the past month. Needless to say, he knocked his man out, i think in the first round, very powerfull guy, Tyson esque in his looks (small stocky) and style. Id keep an eye out anyway, the is bound to be good things written about him.
i think andre berto is the guy you are talking about. he's on sky now.
Old 11-08-06, 11:05 PM   #18
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

he's just won the fight in a 1st round K.O. he has some real power.
Old 15-08-06, 05:42 PM   #19
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
he's just won the fight in a 1st round K.O. he has some real power.
Cant remember his name, but it sounds like the guy alright, even from that bit you wrote, awesome power.
Old 15-08-06, 05:47 PM   #20
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza76
Cant remember his name, but it sounds like the guy alright, even from that bit you wrote, awesome power.
Thats him alright
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird

est1892 > General > General Sports