It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-06, 05:34 PM   #1
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan
 
kurtangle01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,633
Roy Jones Jr returns line tonight on eurosport!

if you can be bothered staying then eurosport have the fight live and exclusive.

should be good!!!
kurtangle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-07-06, 05:39 PM   #2
Hollowman
Paisley
 
Hollowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,329
I'm wondering what Roy's endgame is here. I mean, even if he gets through this, nobody wants to see him agsint Tarver of Johnson again. I guess there's the potential amusement of a second Hopkins fight (or even Toney, if we really want to see an OAP goatfuck). Calzaghe would fuck him flatter than hammered shit.

I love Roy Jones, but he's turning into Evander Holyfield, and it's not pretty.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 07:00 PM   #3
bazza76
Paisley
 
bazza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtangle01
if you can be bothered staying then eurosport have the fight live and exclusive.

should be good!!!
Ive watched i think two of the last three of his fights with great disspointment, going up and down weights all the time, living the life as a hollywood boxer has to take its toll. I dont know much about this chap Jones is fighting tonight, but I wouldnt be supprised if Jones got beaten for the 4th consecutive fight.
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 07:04 PM   #4
Hollowman
Paisley
 
Hollowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,329
To be fair he's only changed weights twice in the last ten years. But coming back down after he put all that muslce on was a bridge too far. That, and he had his little helpers at Balco taken out of the equation. I guess we'll never know what they did for him.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 07:04 PM   #5
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan
 
kurtangle01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian rush
Ive watched i think two of the last three of his fights with great disspointment, going up and down weights all the time, living the life as a hollywood boxer has to take its toll. I dont know much about this chap Jones is fighting tonight, but I wouldnt be supprised if Jones got beaten for the 4th consecutive fight.
i agree.

jones has had his day and there aren't many people who take him seriously these days. the fight is still $50 to order on PPV in the states!h:

i'm not sure whether to stay up and watch it but knowing me i probably will.
kurtangle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 11:07 PM   #6
bazza76
Paisley
 
bazza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtangle01
i agree.

jones has had his day and there aren't many people who take him seriously these days. the fight is still $50 to order on PPV in the states!h:

i'm not sure whether to stay up and watch it but knowing me i probably will.
I would stay up and watch it myself............
If I had Eurosport
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 05:22 PM   #7
bazza76
Paisley
 
bazza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtangle01
i agree.

jones has had his day and there aren't many people who take him seriously these days. the fight is still $50 to order on PPV in the states!h:

i'm not sure whether to stay up and watch it but knowing me i probably will.
What happened in the fight mate?
Did you stay up to watch it in the end? were you dissapointed?
I know i have been after watching the fights preceeding his last one. Even got some of my mates to sit up and watch them
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 07:46 PM   #8
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan
 
kurtangle01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian rush
What happened in the fight mate?
Did you stay up to watch it in the end? were you dissapointed?
I know i have been after watching the fights preceeding his last one. Even got some of my mates to sit up and watch them

the opponent was a lamb to the slaughter and even then jones couldn't knock him out. if he doesn't retire soon then he'll end up hurt.

not very impressive at all.
kurtangle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 10:57 AM   #9
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,837
Was sad to see Roy Jones fighting on. He should call it a day, but once great fighters always think they have one more great fight left in them, hell, fighters who were never great think the same too. Retire Roy, before you make people forget how good you really were in your prime, or worse, before you get a serious injury.
__________________
Defcon! Tractor beams! Gamma ray gun
Straight out the mothership! Weaponized Funk
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > General > General Sports

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.