It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 08-08-06, 10:20 PM   #81
6sheep
Evans

Although he`s now 28 & unlikely to ever get an England call up
the Nottinghamshire bowler Charles Shreck is on fire in the County Championship at the mo`
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-08-06, 10:25 PM   #82
G_Man
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sheep
Although he`s now 28 & unlikely to ever get an England call up
the Nottinghamshire bowler Charles Shreck is on fire in the County Championship at the mo`
There are SO many bowlers who are there or thereabouts without being quite good enough:

Lewis
Mahmood
Anderson
Plunkett
Tremlett (had a bad season)

Then there's S.Jones who may be fit for the last 2 Tests.
Can't see any bowler breaking into the squad from nowhere.

Goals 2006/7 (CS, PL, CL)
1: Agger, Bellamy, Fowler, Alonso, Garcia
2: Gonzalez, Kuyt, Riise
5: Crouch
G_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 11:51 PM   #83
chewyuk
Evans

Saw Jones in a local round the corner from my house, had a driver and a few mates, drinking seriously large quantities of Magners...Doubt he'll be fit.
chewyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 12:41 AM   #84
TheStig
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso
I love Monty, the bloke is a ledge. Great to see the crowds taking him to their hearts.
Correct.

I guess him playing for Northants helps though .

I'm going to the 4th day of the 4th test.

I went to the 4th day of the 5th test last year too!

EDIT: Anyone got a video of his "super" wicket today? I don't have Sky unfortunately.

Cannot believe the ECB were so stupid. This summer was absolutely crucial for cricket IMO, they could have built on last year and it would have taken away some interest from the WC, as it is, the WC got ALL of the coverage and the cricket came up very very much 2nd best.

I guess I could watch it on Five but I forgot today and it would also "justify" the ECBs decision which I can't do.

Last edited by TheStig; 09-08-06 at 12:47 AM.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 07:31 AM   #85
6sheep
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig
EDIT: Anyone got a video of his "super" wicket today? I don't have Sky unfortunately
You Tube of the Pakistan 2nd Innings

Monty`s Wonder Wicket is about 2:45 in, stunning bowling to Khan..one of the best players of spin.
Old 09-08-06, 08:45 AM   #86
kopdan
Dalglish

I doubt we will see Giles play as the lone spinner again. I reckon Dalrymple is the future as all rounder.
Old 09-08-06, 09:50 AM   #87
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Correct.

Cannot believe the ECB were so stupid. This summer was absolutely crucial for cricket IMO, they could have built on last year and it would have taken away some interest from the WC, as it is, the WC got ALL of the coverage and the cricket came up very very much 2nd best.

I guess I could watch it on Five but I forgot today and it would also "justify" the ECBs decision which I can't do.
I think it is not just the ECB who are to blame, the terrestrial broadcasters all put in low bids as they find it hard to schedule and can't guarentee viewers. It is a shame that some sort of shared agreement couldn't be reached. I think at least the Ashes series should be protected like the WC finals and other major sporting activities.

I actually think that the BBC should use their digital channels to play more cricket (and other sports). They have nothing on during the day and I suspect it could be done relatively cheaply.

Also the ECB they have encouraged a lot of people to come to the grounds. Meaning that almost every day has had a good crowd.
dww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 11:43 AM   #88
TheStig
Dalglish

The reason they have nothing on is there's no space on freeview!
Old 09-08-06, 11:59 AM   #89
TheStig
Dalglish

Quote:
You Tube of the Pakistan 2nd Innings

Monty`s Wonder Wicket is about 2:45 in, stunning bowling to Khan..one of the best players of spin.
Link doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 09-08-06, 12:19 PM   #90
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
The reason they have nothing on is there's no space on freeview!
In what sense, I'm intrigued. They have stuff on in the evening but not during the day - so presumably the capacity is there to do it and the free air time is there.
Old 09-08-06, 12:26 PM   #91
TheStig
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww
In what sense, I'm intrigued. They have stuff on in the evening but not during the day - so presumably the capacity is there to do it and the free air time is there.
Nah, there'll be some channels that only broadcast up to 7pm and the BBC ones take this space when they start broadcasting at that time.
Old 09-08-06, 12:27 PM   #92
6sheep
Evans

Quote:
Link doesn't seem to be working for me.
Works for me
An alternative is to go to the You Tube site
& search for the user meekal2006
it`s on his 2nd page, hope that works for you

disclaimer: you`ll have to avert your eyes from his west ham clips

Last edited by 6sheep; 09-08-06 at 12:32 PM.
6sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 12:29 PM   #93
TheStig
Dalglish

Quote:
Works for me
An alternative is to go to the You Tube site
& search for the user meekal2006
hope that works for you
Cheers I'm looking now.

I've found this and am now watching it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZpNleLh4-M.

EDIT: Nope the cricket still isn't working .

Last edited by TheStig; 09-08-06 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 04:26 PM   #94
6sheep
Evans

Quote:
Cheers I'm looking now.

I've found this and am now watching it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZpNleLh4-M.

EDIT: Nope the cricket still isn't working .
Strange to see the penalty shoot out from a hammers point of view
The cricket link still working for me, confused why it`s not for you
Old 09-08-06, 04:57 PM   #95
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Nah, there'll be some channels that only broadcast up to 7pm and the BBC ones take this space when they start broadcasting at that time.
But the BBC owns a whole multiplex as far as I understand. So it can only be other BBC channels that are replacing them. Not that I have any idea but CBBC etc. are not on during the day, so I think it must be possible. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that as people have got used to the BBC having no sport they thought it would be less hassle to deal with the criticism about not having cricket than it would be to put up with people saying that they were spending money on things they can't watch (i.e. need a Freeview box to watch the digital channels).
Old 09-08-06, 10:41 PM   #96
TheStig
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww
But the BBC owns a whole multiplex as far as I understand. So it can only be other BBC channels that are replacing them. Not that I have any idea but CBBC etc. are not on during the day, so I think it must be possible. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that as people have got used to the BBC having no sport they thought it would be less hassle to deal with the criticism about not having cricket than it would be to put up with people saying that they were spending money on things they can't watch (i.e. need a Freeview box to watch the digital channels).
Actually CBBC and Cbeebies are on till 7, forgot about them, so presumably BBC 3 and 4 take over from this.

EDIT: Cricket is wokring for me now!
Old 10-08-06, 01:46 PM   #97
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Bloody hell, freeview is much better value for the under 10's.

est1892 > General > General Sports