It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 19-04-16, 10:39 PM   #1521
The_weatherman
Smug

Icelandic journalist was trying to ask him about this tweet:

„No, I'm retired. Fuck interviews.“
Old 20-04-16, 12:58 AM   #1522
Gibbo
Like a boss

Conor pulled from 200. Dana just announced it.
Old 20-04-16, 01:13 AM   #1523
Gibbo
Like a boss

Bit more context.

He refused to attend a press conference this week to promote the fight because he wanted to focus on training. Dana told him he was removing him from the card for doing so.

Conor spat his dummy out and "retired"
Old 20-04-16, 08:17 AM   #1524
Alex
Administrator

One way to get a bit of buzz around UFC200.
Old 20-04-16, 08:24 AM   #1525
spud_gun
Paisley

So eh......officially the Diaz / McGregor fight had been pulled from 200?

Bit strange.
Old 20-04-16, 08:58 AM   #1526
EwarWoo
Paisley

Wouldn't be surprised to see it re-instated closer to the time. UFC has become more like WWE with it's off field "showmanship".

They'll be "talked into" coming back in shortly before and pay per view buys will go through the roof.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-16, 11:24 AM   #1527
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

What an attention-seeking little tosser.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-16, 12:40 PM   #1528
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see it re-instated closer to the time. UFC has become more like WWE with it's off field "showmanship".

They'll be "talked into" coming back in shortly before and pay per view buys will go through the roof.
200 doesn't need that sort of bollocks to sell it.
Old 20-04-16, 03:32 PM   #1529
kev776
Paisley

McGregor knows he has Dana by the ballbag, he is their biggest draw love or hate him.

He knows he will go back, he just wants Dana to know who is in charge.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-16, 04:20 PM   #1530
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

No chance. The UFC has a monopoly on MMA. If McGregor doesn't want to play ball, thats the end of his career
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-16, 05:43 PM   #1531
Vermilion
Shooterista

Tbh is this really to do with Dana, or is it more to do with the old fart owner who looked pissed as hell when Connor knocked out his champion ?

I could be wrong here, and the guy could be dead already anyway.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-16, 05:59 PM   #1532
Gibbo
Like a boss

Exactly can you imagine him turning out for Bellator?

Isn't Mayweather starting an mma promotion anyway....
Old 20-04-16, 10:15 PM   #1533
meffin

He's still under contract with UFC so he wouldn't be able to fight for any other organisation
Old 21-04-16, 03:55 PM   #1534
Gibbo
Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor Mcgregor
I am just trying to do my job and fight here. I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting. There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop. 50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this. Nothing else was going through my mind. It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life. Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life. Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now. I'm coming for my revenge here. I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep. With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight. I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again. I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment. But it was denied. There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me. So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them. And all with one tweet. Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good. I must isolate myself now. I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time. I can not dance for you this time. It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here. Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it. He came in with no shit to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out. Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation. I'm doing what I need for me now. It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way. I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway. I am still ready to go for UFC 200. I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions. If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say. For the record also - For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED.
Balls in Dana's court - will he stick to his guns?
Old 21-04-16, 04:40 PM   #1535
spud_gun
Paisley

The UFC have got him by the balls.

The success of his last two PPVs has gone to his head and the UFC have had enough.

For all its faults the UFC will be around an awful lot longer than McGregor. This really is a case of toe the party line or GTF.
Old 21-04-16, 05:18 PM   #1536
Alex
Administrator

Kind of feel for him here. Coming off a loss and wanting to get it right. He is a fighter after all. I imagine that all this promotion stuff is a pain. But I guess he knew what he was signing for when he went for it.

He will fight, no way will UFC not have their biggest guy sitting out because he didn't want to do a bit of press.
Old 21-04-16, 05:25 PM   #1537
Gibbo
Like a boss

Dana, by the way used the Nick Diaz scenario as a time when he's done this before.

Diaz actually got reinstated back into that event. Against BJ Penn.

I think he'll fight too.
Old 24-04-16, 04:40 PM   #1538
Gibbo
Like a boss

Old 24-04-16, 07:30 PM   #1539
spud_gun
Paisley

Link isn't working?
Old 24-04-16, 07:31 PM   #1540
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

http://i.imgur.com/xkyikIP.gifv

Ouch!
Old 25-04-16, 04:10 AM   #1541
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
beautiful ..poor fucker just had is cornea scratched before eating this head kick

The McGregor thing will be sorted .. I think the court of public and figther opinion is on his side but ultimately The Fertitta Brothers do not play soft ball, its all business a compromise will be found

I think the UFC ever since it got into bed with FOX has turned very very cunty ... they used to be a stand up organisation which looked after the fans and their people ... then they signed with Fox .. and suddenly we have ex fighters in suits with sound bites, cutmen being cut, Burt UFC Watson ... a person who personification of the old UFC cut for talking out of class ... Fighters having to do Epic Media obligations and worse of all .. and throw away culture. They way they have treated Jose Aldo has been nothing short of a fucking disgrace ... It seems the UFC only love you when you are hot .. the second you are not .. its like who the fuck are you

McGregor understands how both the fight game and more importantly the promotion game works. Either they sort our there differences or the UFC will destroy him, because the stand to lose too much if they let him go untethered.

He could easily be the first MMA fighter to promote his own fights and that would open and whole can of worms.

I finding it hard to care about any of this ... I used to love the old UFC .. these days outside of the fights which too many of them are Clockwise touch glove walz's its just talking suits peddling shit ... You can even see it in Rogan and White ... they have become snake oil sales man ... I would not be surprised if Rogan retires from calling fights this year and that UFC 200 press conference was the least hyped Dana White I have ever seen considering it should be the biggest card of all time.

For the sake of the UFC ... I hope they pull a rabbit out of the hat and get McGregor back on the card ..as its starting to look a little bit shit now
Old 25-04-16, 08:33 AM   #1542
Nicey
Paisley

Shaddies Back on 200
Old 25-04-16, 08:43 AM   #1543
meffin

Realised that the UFC is much bigger than him and will go on without him. Gone back with his tail between his legs i expect.

Dana didn't get the UFC to be where it is without being a total bastard!
Old 25-04-16, 09:47 AM   #1544
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
Realised that the UFC is much bigger than him and will go on without him. Gone back with his tail between his legs i expect.

Dana didn't get the UFC to be where it is without being a total bastard!
I suspect he said .. every penny you have earned and will earned will be tied up in legal fees for the rest of your life if you do this .... think very carefully about your next move
Old 25-04-16, 03:19 PM   #1545
EwarWoo
Paisley

Great to seer JBJ back. Best there's ever been or ever will be. Looked a little rusty but considering the gap not that rusty.

Cormier will be shitting himself.
Old 25-04-16, 04:13 PM   #1546
Gibbo
Like a boss

Many reporting that that Conor tweet is a tactic to get him back on the card.

Helwani is the best for this kind of stuff and he said that they've been in contact but from the UFCs side nothing has changed.

I think it depends on the outcome of DC's scan today, if he passes it I'm almost sure he'll fight Jones on 200
Old 25-04-16, 04:19 PM   #1547
EwarWoo
Paisley

JBJ vs DC is pretty much a cert for 200 from what I've been seeing.

As I've said before Is till reckon JM vs ND is too. I don't care how but 200 will be, UFC will be happy to push a few extra "controversy" buys.

The sooner MMA becomes like boxing with multiple organisations widely respected the better.
Old 25-04-16, 06:07 PM   #1548
Alex
Administrator

Really? I think boxing is a bit of a joke with all those belts for the same weight classes. One belt so people know who the best is. Thats how it should be.

Now, different organisations fighting for one belt is the ideal. But it will never happen.
Old 25-04-16, 07:00 PM   #1549
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
JBJ vs DC is pretty much a cert for 200 from what I've been seeing.

As I've said before Is till reckon JM vs ND is too. I don't care how but 200 will be, UFC will be happy to push a few extra "controversy" buys.

The sooner MMA becomes like boxing with multiple organisations widely respected the better.
Old 25-04-16, 07:25 PM   #1550
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Really? I think boxing is a bit of a joke with all those belts for the same weight classes. One belt so people know who the best is.n.
That's why there are belt holders (Joshua) and World Champions (Fury)

Back to MMA looks like McGregor isn't back on the 200 card.

UFCs handeling of this episode has sent a strong message to him and all other fighters under contract.
Old 25-04-16, 09:48 PM   #1551
EwarWoo
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Really? I think boxing is a bit of a joke with all those belts for the same weight classes. One belt so people know who the best is. Thats how it should be.

Now, different organisations fighting for one belt is the ideal. But it will never happen.
But if WBA are being dicks fighters can ignore it and go the others.

It keeps everything honestish and stops the organisation holding fighters to ransom.
Old 26-04-16, 02:33 AM   #1552
Nicey
Paisley

Boxing and its one million belts .. is a Joke .. has been a joke for a long time .... I would rather have an organisation as un perfect as it is like the UFC .. making for the most part great fights than ..a fractured cluster fuck of different organisations and mega powerful individual fighters that is boxing which rarely if ever serves up the best two boxers fighting each other at the right time
Old 27-04-16, 03:19 PM   #1553
spud_gun
Paisley

Jones vs Cormier confirmed as the headliner for UFC 200.
Connors hissy fit has cost him several million dollars. Silly boy.
Old 27-04-16, 05:50 PM   #1554
Nicey
Paisley

talk of Conor V GSP now UFC 201

Terrible fight for Conor ... he should take that fight after he comes back with a win ... it will smash the PPV records
Old 30-04-16, 04:46 AM   #1555
Nicey
Paisley

UFC 200 press conference viewing figures ... the biggest UFC event in History ... 36k
Connor McGregor's last non title fight press conference UFC 196 300K Official figures
Old 05-06-16, 06:11 AM   #1556
spud_gun
Paisley

Can't be anything other than delighted for Bisping.
Old 05-06-16, 07:26 AM   #1557
EwarWoo
Paisley

Holy f*!

Thought he was just an also ran until his last fight, but even that didn't make me think he could take the title. Good on him.
Old 05-06-16, 07:58 AM   #1558
Alex
Administrator

What's everyone think of Lesnar coming back? I'd love to see him forfil his potential in the octagon. But I think it's past that now for him. He's 38.

Still in amazing shape, but no opponent announced can't be great for training. Be interesting though and will help them do massive numbers.
Old 05-06-16, 09:53 AM   #1559
fidget
Shankly

Go on The Count
Rockhold way too cocky
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-16, 10:55 AM   #1560
labourRed
Shankly

Bispling is such a twat.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports