It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 04-01-16, 04:39 PM   #10401
The_weatherman
Smug

Weird, do they expect to win the league then? Can't see it happening this season with the Barca trio in full swing, their best bet would be the CL, for which Rafa would be a better bet than ZZ at least. I had a soft spot for them while Rafa was in charge but I really ope it unravels quickly for them now.
Old 04-01-16, 04:45 PM   #10402
Irishnev
Shankly

Rafa Benitez record at Real Madrid:

P: 25
W: 17
D: 5
L: 3

Topped their CL group and 4 points off the top in La Liga - madness.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 04:49 PM   #10403
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Rafa Benitez record at Real Madrid:

P: 25
W: 17
D: 5
L: 3

Topped their CL group and 4 points off the top in La Liga - madness.
What's more is I think they are just setting ZZ up to fail, it's unlikely he wins the league with the Barca are this season, so he'll have to be replaced in the summer.
Old 04-01-16, 04:59 PM   #10404
peekay
Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
What's more is I think they are just setting ZZ up to fail, it's unlikely he wins the league with the Barca are this season, so he'll have to be replaced in the summer.
I think ZZ will be given more time. Rafa is getting fired because the fans did not want him from day one. ZZ has the fans on his side.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 05:02 PM   #10405
RichC
Meh

This might break Rafa, always wanted this job and he's not been given a fair crack at it.

Always felt it might end up as a bit of a disaster but didn't expect it to blow up this quickly.

Poor bloke deserves a lot better than the treatment he's been given by Madrid.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 05:14 PM   #10406
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Rafa was on a hiding to nothing at the circus of Madrid

Last edited by Bender; 04-01-16 at 05:17 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 05:18 PM   #10407
The_weatherman
Smug

They fired them all on that list
Old 04-01-16, 05:39 PM   #10408
Vermilion
Shooterista

Madrid = Cunts.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 06:13 PM   #10409
BigChief
Paisley

That's a pretty standout statistic for Rafa. Considering all the managers with much better numbers were fired too then at the very least Madrid are being consistent.

They're still cnuts of the highest order though and I hope they fall out of CL spots with Zidane/whomever.
Old 04-01-16, 06:55 PM   #10410
Dessy
Fagan

Rodgers in 😁
Dessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 06:55 PM   #10411
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

.......The press conference for the sacking of Rafael Benítez is now set to take place at 6:30pm [GMT]. (Source: Sky Sports)
Old 04-01-16, 07:49 PM   #10412
spud_gun
Paisley

Shower of cunts.

Was torn when he went there. Love the man but despise Madrid. Now that he's gone i can continue despising them. Hope they get relegated the corrupt cunts.
Old 04-01-16, 07:51 PM   #10413
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Klopp out Rafa in? We know it makes sense. Come home Rafa.
Old 04-01-16, 07:53 PM   #10414
Fivex
The Wisp

Shut up Nige

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 07:54 PM   #10415
Phoenix07
The Normal One

I can't see him getting near a top job now.

Perhaps a return to Valencia?
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 07:54 PM   #10416
MrsB
looking at the world

aye, stop the trolling fredo.
MrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 07:55 PM   #10417
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I wondered which one would bite.

It's incredible how cunts Madrid are. They won't learn their lessons and will probably will never be a club built on long term foundations.
Old 04-01-16, 08:01 PM   #10418
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Yeah hard to see where Rafa goes from here. I think a middling Prem job - a sleeping 'giant' type. Newcastle or summat.

Or Valencia.
Old 04-01-16, 08:03 PM   #10419
redmike65
Shankly

He just needs to sit and wait for the Shop Steward to come a cropper.
redmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 08:05 PM   #10420
Fivex
The Wisp

Swansea?

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 08:19 PM   #10421
ChesterDave
Paisley

I think Newcaslt would be a terrible move. I may be way off the money and too cynical but I reckon Ashley is selling up.

He has been getting more finger in the pie-ish at Rangers as they get up the leagues. Soon as they are in the SPL and have a sniff of a chance at CL money he'll sell Newcastle and start looking to make money out of a CL team. Newcastle are so far away from that.
Old 04-01-16, 08:33 PM   #10422
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 04-01-16, 08:41 PM   #10423
RichC
Meh

Lost 3 games and binned, utter madness.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 08:41 PM   #10424
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Wow
Old 04-01-16, 08:53 PM   #10425
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

It is a joke of a club but at least Rafa has satisfied that itch, he'll have no desire to go back to Madrid.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 09:01 PM   #10426
Boogs
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Yeah hard to see where Rafa goes from here. I think a middling Prem job - a sleeping 'giant' type. Newcastle or summat.

Or Valencia.
Valencia is a good shout after the welcome they gave him for his last game with Madrid.

Or perhaps Leeds United
Old 04-01-16, 09:16 PM   #10427
cream
Paisley

Madrid are cunts, for a club that big and money spent, they've won very little in the past ten years or so.
Old 04-01-16, 09:33 PM   #10428
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Madrid are a bunch of cunts, disgraceful from them.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 09:49 PM   #10429
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Madrid are a bunch of cunts, disgraceful from them.
From Di Stefano in 1990 to Benitez in 2016 they have gone through 27 managers, that is more than one a year. Quite unbelievable
Old 04-01-16, 09:50 PM   #10430
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Madrid need to fuck off out the Champions League and linger for a while.
Old 04-01-16, 10:05 PM   #10431
TheElephantMan
Hodgsoned

Feel really sorry for Rafa, but he'll bounce back. He's still a top quality coach and a decent job will emerge as a result of the usual manager merry-go-round over the next few months. If we didn't have Klopp I'd be yearning for his return.
TheElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 10:32 PM   #10432
Exiled_red
Paisley

I feel sorry for Rafa, I was expecting something like this to happen but not so soon

I dislike them as a club but wanted Rafa to do well there because it was his dream job.
Old 04-01-16, 10:45 PM   #10433
Chazza
Des Lynam

Not that contracts mean anything at Madrid

Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 10:53 PM   #10434
Tribute
Dalglish

Gutted for Rafa. Decent record and still gets the bullet. Spineless from Madrid board and president.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 11:01 PM   #10435
Liverpel
Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Swansea?
That was my first thought. His family are still in or near Liverpool, aren't they?
Old 05-01-16, 09:50 AM   #10436
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Gareth Bale is considering his future at Real Madrid after the Spanish club confirmed the dismissal of Rafael Benítez, their coach, and appointed Zinédine Zidane as his replacement last night.

Bale is believed to be intensely disappointed by the departure of the former Liverpool manager only seven months after he took charge at the Bernabéu. The world’s most expensive player had previously informed Real’s all-powerful president, Florentino Pérez, that he had a good working relationship with the 55-year-old and that he felt the team, four points behind Atletico, their city rivals, at the top of La Liga, were moving in the right direction.

Quite how deep the 26-year-old’s discontent runs will be of particular interest to Manchester United, his long-term suitors. As revealed by The Times last month, the Old Trafford club have spent weeks trying to establish a framework for a deal in case Bale becomes available, most probably this summer. Any move, though, would still face significant roadblocks: as well as his £300,000-a-week wages, United would have to find sufficient funds to meet Pérez’s asking price. Given his unwillingness to sell, that could start as high as £150 million.

The Real president took to the podium at the Bernabéu just before 8pm local time last night to confirm Benítez’s exit, the 11th time that he has sacked a coach since he first took the reins at the club in 2000. It was, he said, “a difficult decision, particularly for me”, to part company with Benítez, a lifelong Real fan and both a player and a youth coach in the Spanish capital.
Pérez had not spoken to Benítez to inform him that his services were no longer required before he appeared on stage with Zidane.

The 43-year-old Frenchman — wearing a powder-blue blazer, surrounded by his family and promising to give “everything in my heart” to help the club to “win something at the end of the season” — spent a season as assistant to Carlo Ancelotti before taking charge of Castilla, Real’s B team, in 2014.
“We have the best club in the world and the best fans in the world,” Zidane said in a brief, halting statement. “I will try to do my very best for this team so that we win something at the end of the season. It is an important day for me, one of a lot of emotion, more than when I signed as a player, but that is normal. What I can say is that I will give all of the heart I have for this club.”

Pérez was quick to praise his new coach’s qualities, insisting his “knowledge of what it is to be out there, in front of the Real Madrid first team”, will help him to deal with what he admitted is a “complicated post”.

“This is your stadium and your club, and you have our complete confidence and support,” Pérez told Zidane. “Madridismo is at your side. As president, I am proud to have you with me, because for you, the word impossible does not exist.”

He was substantially less forthcoming on why he and the club’s board — who met in an emergency session yesterday afternoon — had decided to act now, referring only to Benítez as a “great professional and a magnificent person”.
That was not enough to save him. He had been under pressure ever since Real lost 4-0 to Barcelona in El Clasico in November and, despite winning their previous two games 10-2 and 3-1, seeing his team held to a 2-2 draw by Gary Neville’s Valencia on Sunday night delivered the final blow.

Benítez had been reassured by José Ángel Sánchez, Real’s director general, in the immediate aftermath of that draw that he retained the full support of the club’s board. The same message was delivered yesterday morning. Only when Pérez called a press conference did Benítez know his fate was sealed, despite a number of senior players informing the president by text that they were happy with Benítez’s approach.

Pérez’s concerns, though, were growing, particularly in regard to James Rodriguez, the Colombia playmaker. Before November’s Clasico, Pérez suggested to Benítez that “nobody would blame him” if they lost to Barcelona with Rodriguez in the side. The coach duly picked the Colombian and Real duly lost.

Then, Pérez was good to his word, calling the squad together to inform them that from that point on Benítez had absolute autonomy over team selection and that nobody was an automatic choice. Though relations with many members of the squad have been strained at times this season, Pérez’s intervention seemed to work. Those in the dressing room noted an improvement in morale.

Benítez was warned again last week, though, that Rodriguez — signed for £57 million and a crucial part of Real’s marketing strategy in Latin America — should be considered a key player. His decision to choose Mateo Kovacic, the Croatia midfielder, against Valencia brought him into direct conflict with Pérez. Failing to win that game meant it was a battle he was destined to lose.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...cle4656565.ece
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 10:07 AM   #10437
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Gutted for him, but it was always a poisoned chalice
Old 05-01-16, 10:16 AM   #10438
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Oh and what the hell is Zizou doing parading his whole family at the press conference?! Bizizouarre.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 10:40 AM   #10439
gratziani
Dalglish

Play Hames please from the president, what a stupid fucking club

Zizou will be great to see him plant a chest headbutt on Ronaldo
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 11:33 AM   #10440
BigChief
Paisley

Ronaldo has stopped scoing, Hames is looking more ordinary every day and Benzema is still their only key striker but getting slower. Isco will never be a starter as he's just not a big enough name. Now to top it off they potentially have the worst manager, caretaker or otherwise, that could be at the helm.

Is there any real chance of them dropping out of CL places? Please tell me there is.

est1892 > Football > General Football