It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 21-07-14, 11:18 AM   #121
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
i'll also add - this seems to be increasing not just with golf but all big events.......my dad came up with a theory....

it used to be football....but it's not as easy now.....football matches are well policed/security is tight - and it's harder to get bladdered/cause trouble and get away with it...

however big events like the golf - it's a great excuse...."right lads....lets all get fucking smashed and go the golf and cause mayhem" - it happens at the darts/boxing/concerts/festivals etc - any excuse to be a prick and piss people off.

Apparently some of the bars of an evening where horrible places to be. Luckily i know the area so went to the pubs out the way a bit that wouldn't attract the knobheads
100% that's what it is. Shit isn't it.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 21-07-14, 12:00 PM   #122
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

i don't know if its just me getting older - or because i was there all day/everyday so saw it all but it's strange.

Me and my mates would consider ourselves 'lads' - we go out, we get pissed in a big group, we have a good laugh -

however i can't recall us ever causing trouble any time any where - and if we've pushed the limit and caused offence to those around us it stops instantly and apologies are offered and we curb it. We defo don't intimidate other people, we certainly are aware of our surroundings and who is near us (kids/old people) and we defo think of them and take it into consideration and don't ruin it for others - no matter how fucking pissed we get.
Old 21-07-14, 12:09 PM   #123
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
"the way he treated his girlfriend" - what do you mean? - its not like he was cheating on her with hookers or going round beating her up is it.

he did get shit from the crowd and its wrong - golf has always been one of those sports that prided itself on sportsmanship and despite rivalries/having favourites, the crowds have always appreciated and respected each golfer

sadly more and more of this is creeping......Personally the only reason i think people were abusing Rory Mcilory is because he's a successful rich superstar and they're jealous.

Using the fact that he supports man united or he dumped his girlfriend who is popular was nothing more than a an excuse for them to act like cunts
He basically dumped her after all the invites went out, and by texting her apparently. Obviously, that might be bollocks I don't know, but think she confirmed that on Twitter.

IN any case, he looks like a cocky twat. He's 25 and that can be understandable, but hopefully he doesn't turn out like another Tiger Woods. Not that it matters what he does in his personal life.
Old 21-07-14, 12:19 PM   #124
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigey View Post
He basically dumped her after all the invites went out, and by texting her apparently. Obviously, that might be bollocks I don't know, but think she confirmed that on Twitter.

IN any case, he looks like a cocky twat. He's 25 and that can be understandable, but hopefully he doesn't turn out like another Tiger Woods. Not that it matters what he does in his personal life.
Yeah but doesn't make him a cunt does it? - He's a young guy, constantly in the spotlight and none of us no nothing about his private life. They got engaged/invites gone out and he's bottled it and thought fuck! i'm not ready for this. I know loads of people that this happens too...doesn't mean they're cunts.

in fact - not that it matters or that i have any interest in the celeb side of sportstars lives - from what i have read/heard....he wanted to keep their relationship very much private and he struggled to cope with it being in the spotlight so much where as she seemed quite happy with being a celeb couple.

so you basically, you think he is a cunt because he looks cocky and he might have finished with his girlfriend via text

Last edited by PTP; 21-07-14 at 12:23 PM.
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-14, 12:21 PM   #125
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He's a cunt alright. IMO.

Not that it matters if I think he's a cunt. Some people don't, and that's fine by me.
Old 21-07-14, 12:25 PM   #126
PTP

yeah no probs

i
Old 21-07-14, 12:36 PM   #127
ronanm
Shankly

My Dad's mates son played underage level with McIlroy for years and my Dad's mate said he was always quite cocky. Still, if you're that good, perhaps you need to be.

Well played Rory and get "us" gold in the olympics
ronanm is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports