It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 23-08-18, 06:07 PM   #121
baitman
Daddy day care

Great to hear, topscorer.
Is he a midfield midget or a beefy destroyer?

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 23-08-18, 06:14 PM   #122
topscorer
Dalglish

He's very small, which is the main doubt everyone has about him.

But played against a huge dude several years older than him yesterday and stopped him getting into the game and as you can see from the stats the big dude didn't stop Thomas, except when he fouled him several times!
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-18, 06:15 PM   #123
topscorer
Dalglish

170cms, 60kgs
Old 23-08-18, 10:28 PM   #124
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
170cms, 60kgs
Heavier than Lemar!
Old 24-08-18, 08:10 AM   #125
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Just discovered this thread! Great read and I hope it goes well!

I shall be following this thread with a lot of interest!
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-18, 09:32 AM   #126
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorscousertommy View Post
Just discovered this thread! Great read and I hope it goes well!

I shall be following this thread with a lot of interest!
Me too. I have seen the title a few times and thought it was a 'Better call Saul' type of thead

Interesting reading and good luck to the little fella
Old 12-10-18, 12:11 AM   #127
topscorer
Dalglish

#giveThomasatrial

PLEASE READ - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Guys, situation is not good and I need help quick.

Thomas has still been unable to play football in England because the English FA have not given him international clearance.

He's already missed several opportunities for trials as a result and has not been able to play any competitive games with Southport, with whom he is registered to request international clearance.

I want to challenge Article 19 of FIFA regulations in the court of law as an infringement on our civil liberties as UK citizens.

I need a law firm or advocacy group that will be willing to take on this case pro bono.

I hope this can have an impact in a similar way to the Bosman ruling of 1995.

If you know anyone that might be able to help please PM me, I'm desperate.

I cannot believe that a British citizen is unable to play amateur football in his country of birth!

Last edited by topscorer; 12-10-18 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-10-18, 12:41 AM   #128
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Hang on, he has a UK passport and is a British citizen? What's the issue exactly?
Old 12-10-18, 09:18 AM   #129
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

No idea how to help, but I really hope the situation gets sorted out for the lad.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 10:15 AM   #130
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Hang on, he has a UK passport and is a British citizen? What's the issue exactly?

Yep, he's an English born UK citizen but using FIFA Article 19 because he is a minor they want me to prove that I am returning to my own country for non footballing reasons or they won't give him clearance to play amateur football in his own country of citizenship and birth.

I don't believe it is the intention of article 19 to prevent minors from playing in a country where they have citizenship and if that is the intention then it needs to be challenged in court because a non government organisation based in a foreign country should not be able to restrict the civil rights of a citizen for non footballing reasons.

But besides that, I've provided them with a letter telling them that I am self employed and here for work but they are interrogating me with questions and also demanding documents from my wife to prove she has a work VISA.

She isn't fucking working in the UK and doesn't want to so she doesn't need one and anyway they aren't immigration so they've no fucking right to ask.
Old 12-10-18, 10:23 AM   #131
labourRed
Shankly

Immigration is a absolute clusterfuck at the moment (and has been for a decade or more). If you get enough pressure on them, perhaps even the media angle you may have some success but i don't have any anecdotal evidence to back that up i'm afraid, just a suggestion.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 10:43 AM   #132
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
I hope this can have an impact in a similar way to the Bosman ruling of 1995.
Sorry I can't be of assistance, but what do you mean here? Are you wanting to completely over turn the principles of A19, or just ensure exemptions for players returning to their home country? It sounds as though you're hit by an uncommon situation hitting up against a badly drafted rule.
Old 12-10-18, 10:59 AM   #133
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Sorry I can't be of assistance, but what do you mean here? Are you wanting to completely over turn the principles of A19, or just ensure exemptions for players returning to their home country? It sounds as though you're hit by an uncommon situation hitting up against a badly drafted rule.

I think players with more than one citizenship should be free to play in any country where they have citizenship regardless of age and reason for living in that country.

I actually think a player should be able to play in any country where they are legally resident but I know that's much more controversial and I know that the intention of article 19 is to prevent exploitation of minors.

Personally I don't think it's exploiting a minor if they are getting the opportunity to receive quality education and life experiences that they would not normally be able to get as long as that's something that the parent of legal guardian wants for their child.

The problem is I've seen stories of exploitation of minors, especially African players taken to Asian countries so I understand the need for something. However article 19 is not for for purpose as it is now and what my son is experiencing at the moment is clear encroachment on national law and citizenship rights IMO.
Old 12-10-18, 11:12 AM   #134
spud_gun
Paisley

How does article 19 apply to the youngsters who fill the academy's of Premier League clubs? A good proportion of those lads are under 19 and not UK citizens.
Old 12-10-18, 11:38 AM   #135
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
How does article 19 apply to the youngsters who fill the academy's of Premier League clubs? A good proportion of those lads are under 19 and not UK citizens.

I think it doesn't apply to players from the EU, for non EU minors the rule should apply.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/t...rticle-19.ashx

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff...s_en_33410.pdf
Old 23-11-18, 12:59 PM   #136
topscorer
Dalglish

Thomas still cannot play. I'm trying to find a lawyer that will work pro bono and I'm looking to take the story to the media.

His agent knows someone at scum rag and obviously I said no to any help from them. Hopefully the story is of enough interest that someone will run it and be on our side!

Here is an email I've sent to a lawyer requesting help, this will give you all an update of what's going on :-

Dear [retracted]

You have been recommended to me by [retracted] of [retracted] .

I want to tell you up front that I cannot afford a lawyer and I am looking for someone that can help pro bono, or if you feel that their is an opportunity to sue for compensation giving whatever share of that you require.

If you cannot work pro bono or for a percentage of any compensation then I completely understand and respect that and I highlight my financial situation at the beginning of my email so that you do not waste any time unnecessarily.

I am hoping you will see this case as one that can be played out in the media and thus gain publicity for your law firm that would justify working on this case.

My son, Thomas [retracted], is a British born citizen who has lived in Mexico all his life. He is a talented football player and last season was in the U20 & U17 squads of Lobos BUAP, a Liga MX team in Mexico.

Thomas came to England with me in August of this year. He is going to school taking 3 'A' Levels and plans to go to university to study International Business.

He went for trials with Southport, a tier 6 profesional club. Originally he was put with the U21 team and then after Southport disbanded the U21 team he was moved to the U18 team.

Southport applied for international clearance on 24th September, a delay caused by incompetence of an employee who no longer works for them.

The English FA still have not given international clearance to my son and furthermore Southport have now told me that due to insurance reasons Thomas can no longer train with them until they can register him.

This means that now Thomas cannot play or even train in England due to the actions (inaction) of the English FA.

The full time line is as follows :-

23rd August representative of Southport told me the request for International clearance had been initiated
24th September Southport apply for international clearance
9th October English FA request additional information
10th October additional information requested returned to the English FA by Southport
11th October English FA request additional information
15th October additional information requested returned to the English FA by Southport
30th October No response from English FA, I send an email to the English FA with additional information and requesting a resolution

Southport, under the instructions of the English FA applied under Article 19 2a. I provided all the material requested by the English FA to show that we are here for non football reasons. I have my own business in Mexico and I am looking for clients here in Europe and my son has enrolled for A levels.

Of course, this does not mean that Thomas wants to abandon a promising football career and he wishes to play at the highest level he can possibly achieve. He has a football agent who has several trials promised with clubs at a much higher level than Southport but they will only see Thomas after he has gained international clearance.

The PFA have been unofficially helping me and through the advice of [retracted] at Centerfield in Manchester, we have been told that Thomas should receive international clearance under FIFA Article -19 2b (page 22 of regulations).

They cited the case of the Benjiman Garre case - Argentinian to Manchester City - https://www.theguardian.com/football...amin-garre-cas.

The PFA have been unofficially speaking to the English FA on our behalf. They have unofficially told the PFA that they will not grant clearance under article 19 2a because they do not believe we are here for non footballing reasons. They will not grant international clearance under article 19 2b because they say Southport do not meet the football standards required under article 19 2b i.

These are unofficial answers. In the meantime they have given no official answer to Southport for an international clearance request first made on 24th September.

He will turn 18 ‪on 1st March‬ and then article 19 will no longer be relevant, however he will have missed a full season of football and probably lose the chance for half a dozen trials with clubs as high as the Championship. Besides that he will have lost 1 year of development.

The English FA have effectively destroyed his chance of a career in football before it has even started.

At the moment my son cannot train or play football at any level in the country of his birth, he cannot leave the country because he is studying here. The English FA seem to be judge and jury and are, in my opinion deliberately, giving no answer.

I do not know what else to do!

Can you help?

It's so incredibly sad that my son is being punished for returning to his own country.
Old 23-11-18, 01:02 PM   #137
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Have you spoken to your local MP..?
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-18, 01:20 PM   #138
topscorer
Dalglish

Yes, not very helpful.

Never got to actually speak to the MP but nothing seems to have happened with the staff. They just don't seem to understand anything!
Old 23-11-18, 01:21 PM   #139
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I've never seen this thread somehow.

Mate, I've been in touch with Nick Harris at Sporting Intelligence to see if he thinks there's a story there (from his POV) and I've asked him for permission to give you his email address.

If not Nick, then I can try Ian Herbert, Ollie Holt and a few others I've come to know. I'll keep you informed.
Old 23-11-18, 01:23 PM   #140
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I know Rory Smith and he's at the New York Times now, so it could be of interest to him as he always covers stuff that's kinda off the beaten track.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 23-11-18, 01:26 PM   #141
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Nick is up for hearing from you mate. I've PM'd his email address. Good luck!
Old 23-11-18, 01:38 PM   #142
Maxiedge
Shankly

Quote:

His agent knows someone at scum rag and obviously I said no to any help from them.

Also, top man Shaggy!
Old 23-11-18, 01:46 PM   #143
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Yes, not very helpful.

Never got to actually speak to the MP but nothing seems to have happened with the staff. They just don't seem to understand anything!
Total pot luck with local MPs if you can get some media attention such as is intimated below you might have some more luck..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Old 23-11-18, 01:50 PM   #144
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:

Brilliant, thanks Shaggy.

I'll send him an email.
Old 23-11-18, 01:53 PM   #145
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Total pot luck with local MPs if you can get some media attention such as is intimated below you might have some more luck..!

I take back what I said about the MPs office, your comment prompted me to call them again.

They say that they did write to the FA but haven't received a reply. They've promised to chase them up on Monday.

Going to press is going to be risky because Southport have basically said they won't support that and will distance themselves from us if I go to the media.

They are afraid of being caught in a fight with the English FA. Just shows you how much power they have. It's a dictatorship not fit for purpose!
Old 23-11-18, 01:57 PM   #146
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Fight the Power

If you get some decent press you'll have more than Stockport interested.

Good luck!
Old 23-11-18, 02:06 PM   #147
Alex
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Fight the Power

If you get some decent press you'll have more than Stockport interested.

Good luck!
Old 23-11-18, 09:21 PM   #148
Deano
Shankly

Good luck pal
Old 23-11-18, 09:23 PM   #149
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Great effort.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football