It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 07-12-18, 11:25 AM   #6921
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
He took that shot from 20, 21, 23 yards out.

They need to get a run 4, 5, 6 games together.

They've been second best for the last 20, 25, 30 minutes.
Old 07-12-18, 11:31 AM   #6922
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
He took that shot from 20, 21, 23 yards out.

They need to get a run 4, 5, 6 games together.

They've been second best for the last 20, 25, 30 minutes.
Ahh gotcha!

The first and third (haha) make sense as they're an estimation and as such it's natural to offer a range.
Old 07-12-18, 11:34 AM   #6923
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Ahh gotcha!

The first and third (haha) make sense as they're an estimation and as such it's natural to offer a range.
It's not just approximations though. It's literally every time a number is mentioned (unless it's a shirt number).

And they always come in threes.
Old 07-12-18, 11:35 AM   #6924
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
It's not just approximations though. It's literally every time a number is mentioned (unless it's a shirt number).

I don't generally hear those in threes. It's usually 20, 25 yards for instance.

Three is a touch too many.
Old 07-12-18, 11:36 AM   #6925
dom9
Ant Pisser

Once you start noticing it will drive you potty.
Old 07-12-18, 12:02 PM   #6926
ChesterDave
Paisley

My football cliche annoyance is when a forward is caught between two defenders and they say something like

Salah caught in a Burnley sandwich there.

No, fuck off Burnley are the bread of the metaphorical sandwich. A sandwich is identified by its content so it is a Mo Salah sandwich.
Old 07-12-18, 07:32 PM   #6927
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

This is depressing.

Quote:
Premier League football teams including Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea have received thousands of homophobic responses on social media for showing solidarity with Stonewall’s pro-LGBT Rainbow Laces campaign.

Over the past two weeks the clubs have been posting pictures on social media of rainbow-striped logos and messages to back the annual campaign, which was launched by Stonewall in 2013 to kick out homophobia in football.

A post on Manchester United’s Facebook page in support of the campaign received more than 43,000 “angry” responses.

Fans’ comments including “Say No to LGBT”, “God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Lukaku” and “Gaychester United” each received more than 10,000 likes.

Similar homophobic messages were left on the pages of Arsenal and Chelsea after they updated their profile pictures to include rainbow-coloured logos and messages of support for the campaign.

The gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell said the responses were “shocking” and a wake-up call to the FA and clubs.

“Quite clearly, the existing campaigns [to curb homophobia in football] have not been sufficient,” he said. “Even so, I suspect that these bigoted comments are coming from a hardcore minority and do not reflect the views of most fans. Unfortunately social media does tend to attract and give a voice to people with extreme views.”

Kirsty Clarke, Stonewall’s director of sport, said: “It’s great to see so many sports associations across the UK proudly championing LGBT equality as part of our Rainbow Laces campaign. The backlash from a small minority online is a reminder of just how vital it is for all of us to do our bit to help make sport everyone’s game.

“This year’s campaign is about giving people confidence to be active allies and show their visible support for LGBT people, either on or off the pitch. It’s been heartening to see that allyship in action, particularly on social media, where we’ve seen countless messages from people who aren’t LGBT calling out abuse from fellow fans and highlighting why their attitudes have no place in sport.

An Arsenal spokesperson said the club’s policies made it clear that discriminatory behaviour would not be tolerated.

“We are very proud to be supporting the Rainbow Laces campaign and do a great deal of work to promote equality across all levels of the game,” the spokesperson said. “As Facebook is the platform where these views are being shared, we are ensuring that all of our Arsenal for Everyone initiatives and messages, plus ways to report anti-LGBT language on a match day, are posted via this platform.”
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 07:56 PM   #6928
Liverpool
Paisley

the comments on LFC posts are always grim when they support LGBT stuff, a lot of it seems to be from Middle Eastern/Asian countries rather than the UK.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 10:22 PM   #6929
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
the comments on LFC posts are always grim when they support LGBT stuff, a lot of it seems to be from Middle Eastern/Asian countries rather than the UK.
I was arguing with a few of them and I'd say about 90% of them were. To be honest they seemed to be Salah or Mane fans and would probably stop supporting us tomorrow if they left.
Old 08-12-18, 05:12 PM   #6930
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Sancho is fucking ridiculous. Can't think of a many better fits for our attack than him if we are after another in the summer, mad that he's only 18, his intelligence and awareness of others is insane, guess you either have it or you don't.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 08:27 PM   #6931
vlahka
Still sulking...

Is that what those armbands were for. I swear every month theres some rainbow support thing happening. That Peter Tatchell guy trying to say its a wake up call to FA and clubs has no bearing on reality. Like its up to them to fix the world.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 08:31 PM   #6932
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sancho is fucking ridiculous. Can't think of a many better fits for our attack than him if we are after another in the summer, mad that he's only 18, his intelligence and awareness of others is insane, guess you either have it or you don't.
I would much rather him than Pulisic.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 08:35 PM   #6933
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Is that what those armbands were for. I swear every month theres some rainbow support thing happening. That Peter Tatchell guy trying to say its a wake up call to FA and clubs has no bearing on reality. Like its up to them to fix the world.
Not the world, but they do have a duty to fix football.
Old 08-12-18, 08:36 PM   #6934
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
I would much rather him than Pulisic.
Big time mate, enormous gulf in technique, composure, awareness of others, skill, everything basically. Signing Sancho would wind City fans up a treat too.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 09:32 PM   #6935
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Not the world, but they do have a duty to fix football.
On the pitch, in the crowds, sure. But social media? The best you can do is ban people. That isnt really fixing, just sweeping under the rug.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 01:25 AM   #6936
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Big time mate, enormous gulf in technique, composure, awareness of others, skill, everything basically. Signing Sancho would wind City fans up a treat too.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 11:03 PM   #6937
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:

Michael Owen says "they could have scored 3, 4, 5 goals"

Old 11-12-18, 11:05 PM   #6938
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:

You had the likes of Mane missing straightforward chances.
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 11:05 PM   #6939
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:

Calm down......nobody gives two fucks to what the suedo englishman says!
Old 11-12-18, 11:06 PM   #6940
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
You had the likes of Mane missing straightforward chances.

Owen owning the cliches tonight.

est1892 > Football > General Football