It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 23-10-11, 09:04 PM   #1
fidget
Dalglish

Racism in Football

Apologies if already posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A5iZmMrDZvc

Edit: don't actaully think he does
can mods close please?
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 23-10-11, 09:04 PM   #2
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Or calling the ref a 'blind cunt'...
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-11, 09:07 PM   #3
fidget
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
Or calling the ref a 'blind cunt'...
well that's fucking sightist anyway
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-11, 09:09 PM   #4
Exiled_red
Paisley

Has it been reported to the referee or the FA?
Old 23-10-11, 09:11 PM   #5
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Nope, but i'm sure Evra will get around to it eventually.
Old 23-10-11, 09:11 PM   #6
Exiled_red
Paisley

Old 23-10-11, 10:14 PM   #7
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/117606.html

Quote:
Terry denies racism allegations

Chelsea captain John Terry has issued a statement to express his disappointment at claims he racially abused QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

Videos have been circulating on the internet on Sunday night claiming to show Terry insulting Ferdinand towards the end of Chelsea's 1-0 defeat at Loftus Road.

However, Terry insists the footage is misleading and that Ferdinand has not made any accusations against him.

In a statement, Terry said: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me in today's game. I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.

"I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term about brown people. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so. I have known Anton for a long time and spoke to him about it after the game and there was no problem between us. I congratulated him on their win. He has not accused me of any wrongful remark.

"It was clear it was all a misunderstanding at the time. After the result today, I am saddened to be dealing with these wrongful allegations. I am the proud captain of one of the most internationally diverse teams in the Premier League and I absolutely believe that there is no place for racism in sport and indeed in any walk of life."
Old 23-10-11, 10:16 PM   #8
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
I never used that term about brown people
So he doesnt use the word 'black' in that context - does that mean he actually called him a 'brown cunt' then?

What a fucking bellend he is. The fact is, it looked like he was saying 'blind cunt' and that would've easily been a simple get out for him - but since he didnt actually use it, i'm now thinking he did actually say 'black cunt'.

"brown people" Christ, he is (or his speech writers) so keen to avoid using the word 'black'.

I'm surprised he didnt go the whole hog and refer to black people as 'coloureds'
Old 23-10-11, 10:19 PM   #9
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-11, 10:19 PM   #10
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
So he doesnt use the word 'black' in that context - does that mean he actually called him a 'brown cunt' then?

What a fucking bellend he is. The fact is, it looked like he was saying 'blind cunt' and that would've easily been a simple get out for him - but since he didnt actually use it, i'm now thinking he did actually say 'black cunt'.

"brown people" Christ, he is (or his speech writers) so keen to avoid using the word 'black'.

I'm surprised he didnt go the whole hog and refer to black people as 'coloureds'
Hooray!

Taxi for Craig

Click the link

Tiny little edit
Old 23-10-11, 10:19 PM   #11
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

I would have been fervently in defence of him before, but seriously, 'brown people'? Wtf
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-11, 10:20 PM   #12
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Fuck you Shaggy, fuck you
Old 23-10-11, 10:20 PM   #13
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 23-10-11, 10:20 PM   #14
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:

Christ, he is (or his speech writers)
Actually, i take this back - clearly he came up with this statement himself, judging by the incorrect grammar here:

Quote:
"I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet
Old 23-10-11, 10:21 PM   #15
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

@craig
Old 23-10-11, 10:22 PM   #16
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Hooray!

Taxi for Craig

Click the link

Tiny little edit
You cunting cunto

I should've fucking know, should've fucking known so easily! The most prolific 'quote editor' on the forum and i still fell for it!

I trusted you, you fuckhead
Old 23-10-11, 10:22 PM   #17
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 23-10-11, 10:25 PM   #18
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Mods, delete this thread forever
Old 23-10-11, 10:27 PM   #19
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Says more about John Terry's public image than anything else if you ask me.
Old 23-10-11, 10:31 PM   #20
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Very true. Not unlike the way someone posts some utter bobbins attributed to Hodgson and i cant even tell now if the sheer absurd babble is genuine, or made up
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-10-11, 12:27 AM   #21
Zapater
Dalglish

On a more serious note though, I don't know how anyone can conclude what he was saying exactly in that video link, he could've been saying just about anything. I don't like Terry on any level, but fuck people are malicious little creatures. (As Craig has discovered in this thread)
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-11, 12:33 AM   #22
Mr Darko
Benitez

^ Exactly. Over the next few months they'll be loads of these claims in many matches. Surprising that within 8 days there's been 3 similar incidents involving big clubs.

Suarez and Evra
Fabregas and Kanoute
Terry and Ferdinand

The Evra bullshit effect.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-11, 02:44 AM   #23
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
FootballAgentPM Peter Morrison
John Terry has categorically denied making a racist slur against Anton Ferdinand but hasn't ruled out making a move on his bird
Old 24-10-11, 05:59 AM   #24
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

Kanoute? I noticed he was sent off, that have something to do with it then?
Old 24-10-11, 11:37 PM   #25
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
richard_conway Richard Conway
Metropolitan Police confirm to BBC they have been notified of an incident of alleged racial abuse at the QPR v Chelsea game on Sunday.
Old 24-10-11, 11:56 PM   #26
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Get in

I heard that there'd been no complaints from any party and was bordering on making one myself.
Old 24-10-11, 11:57 PM   #27
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

What a strange attitude.
Old 24-10-11, 11:58 PM   #28
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

???

I'm not happy that racism took place, i'm happy that the racist cunt may actually get sanctioned for it.
Old 24-10-11, 11:59 PM   #29
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Speculative accusations of racism part of the game now?
Old 25-10-11, 12:00 AM   #30
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 25-10-11, 09:33 AM   #31
RichC
Meh

Seems to me there is a case to answer, why come out and try to explain something he'd not been accused of yet.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-11, 09:35 AM   #32
Vermilion
Shooterista

You would think it would be pretty clear to Ferdinand whether he did say something , no language barrier with Terry.

edit: Oh....hang on...
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-11, 09:36 AM   #33
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

So a member of the public put a complaint in to the met police.
Which one of you was it?
Old 25-10-11, 02:57 PM   #34
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

So Terry is not disputing that he says "fucking black cunt" in the footage...but that we missed the first bit saying "Oi, Anton, I never said...."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...qpr?CMP=twt_gu

Quote:
Anton Ferdinand will decide on Tuesday whether to report the Chelsea captain John Terry to the Football Association over an alleged racist slur, after speaking face to face with the manager at Queens Park Rangers, Neil Warnock.

Video footage circulated on the internet of an incident towards the end of QPR's 1-0 victory in which it has been suggested Terry calls the home defender a "fucking black cunt" as he retreats into his own half of the pitch. Terry denies it and issued a statement on Sunday evening in which he claimed viewers had "leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand".

Terry said he had been responding to accusations from the opposing centre-half that he had used racist language. "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him," he said. "I responded aggressively, saying I never used that term." The key part of the footage, where the England captain said he shouted "Oi, Anton, I never said …", is obscured by Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot.

The furore over the incident, and a fractious fixture which saw Chelsea reduced to nine men before the interval, is understood to have spilled into the tunnel after the final whistle, with angry altercations involving players from both sides. Terry and the home goalkeeper, Paddy Kenny, continued arguments that had sparked on the pitch, and other players are believed to have become involved in what is a narrow corridor outside the dressing rooms.

Terry said he had spoken to Ferdinand once tempers had calmed "and there was no problem between us", saying the incident had been "a misunderstanding". Yet the notion that the pair departed amicably has been rejected by sources at QPR. The club have declined to comment publicly on the issue and Ferdinand – normally a keen twitterer – has maintained silence.

The Rangers players were given the day off on Monday after their victory but will report back to their Harlington training centre on Tuesday morning. The club made preliminary contact with him by texton Monday, with the defender – brother of the former England captain, Rio Ferdinand – and one of his representatives to meet Warnock after training to discuss whether the club will ask the FA to investigate. It is understood the player and the club were minded to pursue the matter, though the 26-year-old asked to sleep on the matter before making a final decision.

Should a complaint be made and if Terry is found guilty, any charge would inevitably have serious repercussions for the 30-year-old's position as England captain. The FA declined to comment but does technically have it within its power to investigate, even if no formal complaint is made. Terry was due to make a personal appearance at the opening of a pet shop in Surbiton on Monday but withdrew late from the event, leaving around 100 supporters disappointed.

Meanwhile, the FA is reviewing the post-match conduct of the Chelsea manager, André Villas-Boas, after he confronted the referee, Chris Foy, in the tunnel. Onlookers described the Portuguese's language as "industrial", with Villas-Boas subsequently admitting he had been "very aggressive" with the referee as he complained at perceived inconsistencies in the official's display.

The Chelsea manager claimed Foy had "lost it" and was "card happy" towards his team, comments that could prompt the FA to impose either a fine or touchline suspension. It remains to be seen whether Foy's match report includes mention either of the players' altercations in the tunnel or Villas-Boas's reaction after the final whistle.

The referee sent off Didier Drogba, who apologised to his team-mates in the changing room post-match, for a two-footed lunge at Adel Taarabt, as well as José Bosingwa for a professional foul on Shaun Wright-Phillips, and booked a further seven visiting players. "I thought he reffed it superbly," said the QPR midfielder Shaun Derry. "These big players have a knack of persuading refs to make different decisions but the ref was very strong. The sendings off were the right decisions, and most of the yellow cards were for Chelsea players, and I felt we kept our heads.

"We wanted to unnerve them and put them under pressure in the right areas, and that plan came off. What do you do? Do you stand off these players and let them dictate, or do you get amongst them and mix it with them? I don't think we were vicious in any way or over-aggressive in anything we did. But these top players aren't used to losing to teams of our stature. Perhaps it hurt them because they showed that even the best players can lose their heads."
Old 25-10-11, 03:03 PM   #35
Alex
Administrator

I know its a pretty serious offence if true, but did they really need to include this line....

Quote:
Terry was due to make a personal appearance at the opening of a pet shop in Surbiton on Monday but withdrew late from the event

Unless its a Shagg-ism
Old 25-10-11, 03:03 PM   #36
Lee
Chunder camel

Let me get this right.

Terry is saying that he yelled "Oi, Anton, I never said that you're a fucking black cunt", in an aggressive manner. Yet the camera's only picked up the second part of that?

Is that what he's saying?
Old 25-10-11, 03:06 PM   #37
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I know its a pretty serious offence if true, but did they really need to include this line....

Unless its a Shagg-ism
Haha nope ...never touched this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Let me get this right.

Terry is saying that he yelled "Oi, Anton, I never said that you're a fucking black cunt", in an aggressive manner. Yet the camera's only picked up the second part of that?

Is that what he's saying?
Yep. Why would he even feel the need to say the "fucking black cunt" bit?
Old 25-10-11, 03:07 PM   #38
Exiled_red
Paisley

I'm not just saying this because it's Terry or Chelsea, but given what was picked up by the cameras surely the FA have to investigate whether Ferdinand complains or not?
Old 25-10-11, 03:08 PM   #39
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

It's gonna get very messy.
Old 25-10-11, 03:11 PM   #40
Maxiedge
Shankly

Wow, just wow. The England captain has just been caught being racist on camera. Wow. No wonder Villas-Boas is trying to put a line under it all (BBC Sport)

Apparently, Evra is complaining too as he was watching the game in 3D
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football