It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 24-01-12, 11:24 AM   #1
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Chelsea

'Jose Mourinho to quit as Real Madrid manager in June'

Jose Mourinho heads into El Clasico with Barcelona facing mounting criticism from both Real Madrid’s supporters and players, and amid claims his spell as Real Madrid manager will not last beyond the summer.

Mourinho’s team are five points clear of Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league, but his position has been undermined by publication of a training-ground argument between the manager and two of his senior players, defender Sergio Ramos and goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

The exchange was carried in full by Madrid-based newspaper Marca, which usually serves a cheerleader for the club. Mourinho has not questioned the accuracy of the report, which portrayed him as tetchy and even paranoid.

Towards the end of Sunday’s 4-1 win over Athletic Bilbao, some Madrid fans chanted Mourinho’s name, as if to indicate their continued support for him despite the report. However, a larger section of the Bernabéu crowd responded by whistling, sending a clear signal that they are unhappy with the former Chelsea manager.

After the game, a leading Spanish journalist, Siro López of AS, told television viewers Mourinho had decided to leave Madrid at the end of the season. López said his source was one of Mourinho’s closest allies.

The training-ground exchange occurred after Madrid’s 2-1 defeat at home by Barcelona in the Spanish Cup, after which Mourinho was widely criticised for his side’s negative tactics. They go to the Nou Camp needing to win the second leg.

Mourinho claimed Ramos had given a disloyal interview to journalists immediately after the first leg. “You [guys] killed me [with your quotes] in the mixed zone,” Mourinho is reported to have said.

According to Marca, Mourinho then claimed that the media gives Spanish internationals such as Ramos and Casillas preferential treatment, while Mourinho has to defend his team from the sternest criticism.

“As you Spanish are world champions, your friends in the press protect you ... like the goalkeeper,” he said. Casillas overheard and shouted: “Boss, here we say things to our faces.”

Mourinho then became embroiled in an exchange with Ramos over the failure to mark Carlos Puyol for one of Barcelona’s goals.

Ramos had the final word with a devastating reference to Mourinho’s modest playing career.

“Depending on the match situation, sometimes it’s necessary to change the marking,” he said. “And as you have never been a [professional] player, you wouldn’t know that this is sometimes necessary.”

Ramos, though, denied that the exchange revealed divisions within the squad. “Whoever says the changing room is divided or that some kind of fracture exists is lying,” he tweeted yesterday. “This is a great group that is well united, regardless what is said.”

Mourinho has also been criticised for the behaviour of Portuguese defender Pepe, who provoked outrage in Spain by feigning injury during the game against Barcelona before appearing to stamp on Lionel Messi's hand without sanction. The Spanish ruling body said yesterday that it will take no action against Pepe after studying the incident. The player insisted it was accidental.

Publicly, Mourinho insisted that he would win over the fans who barracked him.

“I’m not bothered by the whistles at me,’ he said after the win over Bilbao. “It’s not a problem.

“It’s the first time it’s ever happened to me. There’s a first time for practically everything.

“[Zinedine] Zidane was whistled at here. Ronaldo has been *whistled at here. Cristiano [Ronaldo], who is the latest Golden Boot winner, has also been whistled at. Why can’t I?

“Zidane responded with his football, the same as Ronaldo and Cristiano.

“I work hard to be able to respond like they did some day, but there may come a day when the fans are sad.”

What was said in the Bernebeiu dressing room

JOSE MOURINHO: You [plural] killed me in the mixed zone.

SERGIO RAMOS: No, mister, you only read what it says in the papers, not everything we said.

JM: Sure, because you Spaniards have been world champions and your friends in the media protect you and because the goalkeeper...

IKER CASILLAS: Eh, Señor, round here you say things to our faces.

JM: Where were you on the first goal [against Barcelona], Sergio?

SR: Marking Piqué.

JM: Well, you should have been marking Puyol.

SR: Yes, but they were blocking us off with Piqué and we decided to change the marking.

JM: What? So now you’re playing at being coach?

SR: No, but depending on the situation in the game, sometimes you have to change the marking. Because you’ve never been a player, you don’t know that sometimes happens.

Source: Marca

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...r-in-June.html
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-01-12, 12:01 PM   #2
spanky
Benitez

It's hard to feel sorry for either Maureen or Ramos, both come off as twats in that exchange
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:05 PM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

They said this last year and he's still there. Having said that, it's clear he's making more and more enemies the longer he stays there (shock). I'd love to see him leave with his tail between his legs.
Old 24-01-12, 12:08 PM   #4
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

He makes enemies everywhere he goes

He'd be a perfect fit to takeover at the Axis Of Evil when Fergie retires / pops his clogs
Old 24-01-12, 12:13 PM   #5
jono
Fagan

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Chelsea.

Then City scored and I screeched and this big bloke, a Liverpool supporter, made towards me and I thought he was going to throttle me. But he just pulled my scarf from under my coat so it lay on the outside, and said: "You should always be proud of your colours, lad."

Lee Chapman - Arsenal and England defender
jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:14 PM   #6
Vermilion
Shooterista

Supposedly told 'close friends' he's off in June.

If he wins the title i could see it too.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:17 PM   #7
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They said this last year and he's still there. Having said that, it's clear he's making more and more enemies the longer he stays there (shock). I'd love to see him leave with his tail between his legs.
To be honest I doubt he will ever stay in a job more than 3 years and in some regards it will serve his reputation well. His style wears people down and along with generating enemies it is bound to make long periods in the same place difficult for him. If he wins the league of CL then I think he will definitely jump shit.
Old 24-01-12, 12:19 PM   #8
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

As always he'll make it win win, he gets a trophy or two or blames the players/president.

He wont have to worry about quitting if he fucks up the position Real are in in the league though.

I dont think Man Utd will touch him myself.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:20 PM   #9
Reece

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
To be honest I doubt he will ever stay in a job more than 3 years and in some regards it will serve his reputation well. His style wears people down and along with generating enemies it is bound to make long periods in the same place difficult for him. If he wins the league of CL then I think he will definitely jump shit.
Intentional?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:24 PM   #10
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Intentional?
Um, yeah, totally.
Old 24-01-12, 02:58 PM   #11
Phoenix07
The Normal One

He's always wanted to win the three major leagues. Even Perez has succumbed to him.

It'd be pathetic on Chelsea's part to get rid of Villas Boas anyway. You can see by his signings and the set-up how he wants to play.

Arsenal would be a no no unless he's guaranteed funds, something which is a bit of grey area as Wenger doesn't let anyone know about if transfer funds are available.

Man Utd is too early. Could see Pep Guardiola getting that one.

Could see Man City looking at him before he heads back to Malaga to get La Liga.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 03:49 PM   #12
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post

SR: No, but depending on the situation in the game, sometimes you have to change the marking. Because you’ve never been a player, you don’t know that sometimes happens.

Ouch!
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 07:57 PM   #13
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix06 View Post
He's always wanted to win the three major leagues. Even Perez has succumbed to him.

It'd be pathetic on Chelsea's part to get rid of Villas Boas anyway. You can see by his signings and the set-up how he wants to play.

Arsenal would be a no no unless he's guaranteed funds, something which is a bit of grey area as Wenger doesn't let anyone know about if transfer funds are available.

Man Utd is too early. Could see Pep Guardiola getting that one.

Could see Man City looking at him before he heads back to Malaga to get La Liga.
I think they'll surprise everyone and get someone from left field
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 09:25 PM   #14
ChesterDave
Paisley

Ramos v Mourihno: Who do you want to win in a fight.

That should be used as a torture technique. Having to side with either of the horrible little pricks makes me feel ill.
Old 27-01-12, 02:37 PM   #15
peekay
Dr.

I dont think he is a person who builds team spirit in the truest sense of the word - like Shankly or Kenny - with the team members really liking each other, becoming mates and truly believing in working for the cause of the club. His teams are united and to a certain extent fight for each other, no doubt. However, I think he builds that based on paranoia, the world is attacking you. He magnifies all opponents faults to his players and pretty much tells them to stick with each other to get out of this hole. Such an environment wears people out. I dont think he can maintain that intensity of poisonous atmosphere for long. I also think that is one main reason why the team spirit and performances collapse once he leaves. Because it was artificial and never there.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 03:07 PM   #16
Chris

Agreed, he makes it a war basically. He's amazing at getting inside peoples heads, brainwashing them even, got to give him that.

He's a cunt of a man and I despise his managerial style even if it is winning often. Think he'll go at the end, either winning something and boasting about how amazing he is or no trophies and blames the players, Marca etc. Win, win for him.

Taking that Inter job when Rafa did was brave/silly really, they'd just won everything and there was a World Cup after it. They were spent.
Old 27-01-12, 03:18 PM   #17
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I absolutely hate the cunt.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but let's just say FSG decide they want him to be our next manager and appointed him. Everyone here who hates him...how would you feel?
Old 27-01-12, 03:26 PM   #18
destinydude
Dalglish

I'd take him and idolise him if we wins us the League and bitch slaps and winds up the Scum fans to no ends.
Old 27-01-12, 03:27 PM   #19
Chris

Wouldnt be delighted at first but my feelings would soon change if/when we started winning.
Old 27-01-12, 05:30 PM   #20
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Then he'd fuck off after a few years, wouldn't build for the future and make it hard for his replacement.
Mattshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 27-01-12, 05:31 PM   #21
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

It would be a nightmare. We'd have to swallow it but it'd be fucking horrible. I'd hate myself
Old 27-01-12, 05:42 PM   #22
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
I dont think he is a person who builds team spirit in the truest sense of the word - like Shankly or Kenny - with the team members really liking each other, becoming mates and truly believing in working for the cause of the club. His teams are united and to a certain extent fight for each other, no doubt. However, I think he builds that based on paranoia, the world is attacking you. He magnifies all opponents faults to his players and pretty much tells them to stick with each other to get out of this hole. Such an environment wears people out. I dont think he can maintain that intensity of poisonous atmosphere for long. I also think that is one main reason why the team spirit and performances collapse once he leaves. Because it was artificial and never there.

Maureen [love that ] is only in it for himself, and would leave any team as soon as it suited him. he isnt arsed about building a dynasty, and leaving a legacy, so no continuity. this is what i believe [hope] that Kenny is trying to restore at Anfield.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 05:47 PM   #23
McDermotX
Paisley

Old 27-01-12, 05:47 PM   #24
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

What's that?
Old 27-01-12, 05:48 PM   #25
Chrono
Almost The Shittest Cowboy

Quote:
It would be a nightmare. We'd have to swallow it but it'd be fucking horrible. I'd hate myself
He can be a cunt but I like him and reckon he could bring home a title for us even with the same level of spending/players.
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 05:49 PM   #26
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
What's that?
Waiting for the ref after the other night's game.

Good sportsmanship. Kind of thing a great club like Real Madrid are proud of.
Old 27-01-12, 05:51 PM   #27
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
What's that?
looks like Maureen is waiting by the ref's parking spec to discuss the days events, in his own inimitable stylee

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 06:00 PM   #28
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Haha fucking hell
Old 28-01-12, 06:09 PM   #29
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
Will have significant news on Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid later today. #rmcf
Old 28-01-12, 09:30 PM   #30
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
I absolutely hate the cunt.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but let's just say FSG decide they want him to be our next manager and appointed him. Everyone here who hates him...how would you feel?
i don't think we will ever need to worry about that.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 09:44 PM   #31
G
Paisley

He'll end up at old toilet and I can carry on hating him with a passion.

Never want him near our club except when he's getting his arse handed to him by our team
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 11:09 PM   #32
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 28-01-12, 11:13 PM   #33
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
Jose Mourinho has decided to quit Real Madrid at the end of this season for a Premier League job. On @ST_Sport @SprtNationalUAE soon. #rmcf
Old 28-01-12, 11:17 PM   #34
Chris

He must be praying Mancini fucks up so he can get his hands on the cash. Spurs wouldnt have the transfer budget or pay him even half of his current wage.
Old 28-01-12, 11:18 PM   #35
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Aye...hate the cunt but can't deny it's fascinating and I'm intrigued to see where he'll go if this is true. Just not here. Please.
Old 28-01-12, 11:31 PM   #36
spud_gun
Paisley

Back to the Plazzy Flags
Old 28-01-12, 11:32 PM   #37
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Back to the Plazzy Flags
Good call, will give them an excuse to get rid of Terry aswell.
Old 28-01-12, 11:38 PM   #38
McDermotX
Paisley

Clearly Man City
Old 28-01-12, 11:38 PM   #39
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
honigstein raphael honigstein
@DuncanCastles's contact(s) impeccable when it comes to Mou. no doubt whatsoever that Jose wanted this message out
Old 29-01-12, 12:58 AM   #40
Lee
Chunder camel

City it is then.

He's such a cunt. Such an utter cunt.

est1892 > Football > General Football