It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 29-01-12, 01:02 AM   #41
Chazza
Des Lynam

Wins the league with Madrid and fucks off, If Mancini fucks up its City

If he doesn't and Arry gets done could it be England?
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-01-12, 01:05 AM   #42
Lee
Chunder camel

Nah, Harry will escape doing bird and City's arses will go before the end of the season. Mancini will get the tin tac and Mourinho will take over.

Bet Wayne Bridge can't wait.
Old 29-01-12, 01:07 AM   #43
Chazza
Des Lynam

Fucking hope not If City's arse goes they hand Utd number 20

The thought of that Utd team winning anything makes me want to take my eyes out with a spoon
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 01:09 AM   #44
Lee
Chunder camel

I know mate. Sick thought but it's inevitable. The bastards.

Where'd you go today moosh?
Old 29-01-12, 01:09 AM   #45
Darkon
Football Expert

City is the best shot at where he would end up, either that or going back to Chelsea?
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 01:29 AM   #46
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
City is the best shot at where he would end up, either that or going back to Chelsea?
Is the correct answer. IMO
Old 29-01-12, 02:19 AM   #47
JHP
Fagan

When's Ferguson retiring?
JHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 02:20 AM   #48
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

3 years he reckons.
Old 29-01-12, 02:49 AM   #49
JHP
Fagan

just wonder if after last time he will go before people expect.
JHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 09:43 AM   #50
nebbers
Fagan

If he goes to city, it will be awful. A hateful get as manager of a shallow team. Where have I seen that before?

Seriously though, what sort of challenge is that to him? Hardly testing for his magerial skills. Let him turn around Everton for a laugh.
Old 29-01-12, 10:22 AM   #51
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
What about Spurs if 'Arry gets the England job?
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 10:26 AM   #52
RichC
Meh

Not got the stature for him, the funds or the ready built side to win the league straight away.

City, Man Utd or back to Chelsea
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 10:26 AM   #53
Glenn Hysen
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
What about Spurs if 'Arry gets prison for life?
Old 29-01-12, 10:31 AM   #54
topscorer
Dalglish

Hahaha
Old 29-01-12, 10:33 AM   #55
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Maureen is an overrated cunt.
Old 29-01-12, 10:38 AM   #56
tiktu
Benitez

@GuillemBalague
So if Mourinho leaves at the end of the season as he threatens, Rafa Benitez is the favourite to take over at Madrid.Followed by Joachim Low
tiktu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 10:51 AM   #57
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
Not got the stature for him, the funds or the ready built side to win the league straight away.

City, Man Utd or back to Chelsea
They've got a good team, they do have money and they plan to move to a new stadium don't they?

I agree they are the least likely option of those discussed but I think he would consider them if the other jobs arent available.

I'm not even sure he'd want the Chelsea job? That team needs a complete rebuild.
Old 29-01-12, 12:58 PM   #58
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiktu View Post
@GuillemBalague
So if Mourinho leaves at the end of the season as he threatens, Rafa Benitez is the favourite to take over at Madrid.Followed by Joachim Low
Would be great fun if Rafa got it. Serious conflict of emotions for some on here
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 01:01 PM   #59
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Not a chance in hell Rafa will wind up at Real Madrid. They won't want him and even if they did he will have learned never to follow Mourinho, he got fucked over at Inter and that is more than enough.
Old 29-01-12, 01:03 PM   #60
Muddled
Meat Shield

Looks like it's Real Madrid's title to lose now, it'll be quite the impressive record of titles across four different countries - he certainly knows how to pick them.

IMO, he's the *only* manager who has enough arrogance to think he can succeed Fergie.

Poor Mike Phelan.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-01-12, 01:14 PM   #61
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLG View Post
No he's not, he may be an arrogant cunt but he is an incredible manager with an incredible record in several different countries
Old 29-01-12, 01:17 PM   #62
RichC
Meh

he's a great manager but completely unlikeable and rather than managers such as Paisley and Fergurson who look to create a dynasty for the club it's all about him.
Old 29-01-12, 01:39 PM   #63
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
he's a great manager but completely unlikeable and rather than managers such as Paisley and Fergurson who look to create a dynasty for the club it's all about him.
Maybe unliked by many but "if" he wins the league at Real and that's a big if, that record of his would just be insane. It's already amazing as is but to knock that Barca team off their perch would be some achievement.

I think Mourinho was always more at home in the premier league as he is very media orientated and the british press eat that shit up, he is perfect foil for each other.
Old 29-01-12, 01:40 PM   #64
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Maybe unliked by many but "if" he wins the league at Real and that's a big if, that record of his would just be insane. It's already amazing as is but to knock that Barca team off their perch would be some achievement.

I think Mourinho was always more at home in the premier league as he is very media orientated and the british press eat that shit up, he is perfect foil for each other.
Well says it all really the British press are parasites on the whole so they suit each other pretty well
Old 29-01-12, 01:53 PM   #65
Muddled
Meat Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

I wouldn't say he has knocked Barcelona off their perch, but Barcelona have fallen off it themselves - it's highlighted in Real Madrid's record in the El Clasico, he doesn't have the first idea how to beat them, other than kick them up and down the pitch. But yeah, he's created a team that can capitalise on those slip-ups.

I agree with your point about the British press though; they put him on a pedestal and he loved it, the Spanish press are more about the football and they don't bow down to him and lap it up.

I think for Mourinho to be considered a true great, he needs to join a team that is not flush and needs rebuilding, as rcasemore said - create a dynasty.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 02:02 PM   #66
dom9
Ant Pisser

I'd like to think that when hodgson gets the England job, mourinho will replace him at mighty west brom.
Old 29-01-12, 02:06 PM   #67
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLG View Post
I am not sure how someone with 4 titles and a track record like his on trophioes and that home record he had can be over rated.

He is a cunt,makes his players into cunts but he is very very succesful at winning trophies.

Whether you question his methods he is extremely succesful, I fear he will follow Ginsoak, he is about the only cunt out there with a big enough ego to believe he can takeover and probably surpass Fergie's achievements!!

Scum and Mourinho are certainly a match made in hell.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 03:18 PM   #68
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
I am not sure how someone with 4 titles and a track record like his on trophioes and that home record he had can be over rated.

He is a cunt,makes his players into cunts but he is very very succesful at winning trophies.

Whether you question his methods he is extremely succesful, I fear he will follow Ginsoak, he is about the only cunt out there with a big enough ego to believe he can takeover and probably surpass Fergie's achievements!!

Scum and Mourinho are certainly a match made in hell.
But it is not like he was ever at a club were he didn't have a huge advantage is it? The CL with Porto was very impressive, but aside from that everything he has won has not been anything but the expectation.
Mattshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 04:31 PM   #69
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddled View Post
I wouldn't say he has knocked Barcelona off their perch, but Barcelona have fallen off it themselves - it's highlighted in Real Madrid's record in the El Clasico, he doesn't have the first idea how to beat them, other than kick them up and down the pitch. But yeah, he's created a team that can capitalise on those slip-ups.

Very important point to make
While winning La Liga is a great achievement, some commentators have already reflected on the whole "would be a great title win, even if its still soured by not being the better team".
Motivation (or lack of it) is a powerful thing.
Old 29-01-12, 05:09 PM   #70
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddled View Post

I agree with your point about the British press though; they put him on a pedestal and he loved it, the Spanish press are more about the football and they don't bow down to him and lap it up.

I think for Mourinho to be considered a true great, he needs to join a team that is not flush and needs rebuilding, as rcasemore said - create a dynasty.
I see what you're saying about El Classico and i agree, but who ever wins the league is usually the best team. You can't fluke that over the entire season.
Old 29-01-12, 05:24 PM   #71
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Not a chance in hell Rafa will wind up at Real Madrid.
What would you do if he did though? Would you actually shed tears?
Old 29-01-12, 05:26 PM   #72
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshark View Post
But it is not like he was ever at a club were he didn't have a huge advantage is it? The CL with Porto was very impressive, but aside from that everything he has won has not been anything but the expectation.
If everything else he's won has been merely the expectation and not that hard, how come nobody else in the same position managed it? Rafa couldnt win at Inter, Chelsea havent been dominant since he left and nobody at Madrid has managed to overcome Barca for ages.
Old 29-01-12, 05:30 PM   #73
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
What would you do if he did though? Would you actually shed tears?
No

I'll want him to do well wherever he goes.
Old 29-01-12, 05:31 PM   #74
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
If everything else he's won has been merely the expectation and not that hard, how come nobody else in the same position managed it? Rafa couldnt win at Inter, Chelsea havent been dominant since he left and nobody at Madrid has managed to overcome Barca for ages.
He failed to win the league in his last year and failed in Europe with Chelsea too, he never left Inter in great shape when he left and they haven't recovered and he has spent a fucking fortune at Real and not even achieved close to the same points total as his predecessor and to be fair, Barcelona have embarrassed his side quite often already.
Old 29-01-12, 05:38 PM   #75
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshark View Post
He failed to win the league in his last year and failed in Europe with Chelsea too, he never left Inter in great shape when he left and they haven't recovered and he has spent a fucking fortune at Real and not even achieved close to the same points total as his predecessor and to be fair, Barcelona have embarrassed his side quite often already.
Point is, you suggest what he's achieved isnt that hard - yet nobody else has managed it at each respective club. Why's that then, if it's not that hard?

Or, why else has no other manager won the PL, La Liga and Serie A?

Maybe, just maybe, Mourinho's actually a brilliant manager?
Old 29-01-12, 05:39 PM   #76
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

So basically, he aint great because he hasn't won every competition his teams have entered. Seems a bit churlish.

And the Inter comment is rather silly too.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 05:47 PM   #77
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
So basically, he aint great because he hasn't won every competition his teams have entered. Seems a bit churlish.

And the Inter comment is rather silly too.
Not really, but he is very good at short termism and picks his teams well, but he isn't so great as a manager as made out, he has never taken a team that isn't already great or a top side in their league and made them so.

No, he left Inter with a ageing and declining team.
Old 29-01-12, 05:50 PM   #78
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

With reference to the inter thing. It is possible for a team to reach its peak then fall.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 05:53 PM   #79
Phoenix07
The Normal One

So, if Mourinho ends up at anyone but Man Utd, I'm going to put a shed load on Pep Guardiola to Man Utd.

Chelsea would be seriously pathetic to ditch Villas Boas. Likely to be Tottenham, Man City or Arsenal.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 08:42 PM   #80
the rev leeroy brown
It's unbelievable Jeff!!

The games against.Barcelona have been very tight of late and real have deserved more than they have got. I disagree with the "kick shit out if the opposition" tactics mourinho adopts against.barca but that aside real play some amazing football. Inter left in a state of decline etc.. is a bullshit claim and.laughable. Euro and league champs is hardly a poor state. The players left after Jose went were still the best group in Italy. Chelsea were the dominant force in.England when.Jose was there too.
He is inarguably a fantastic manager and should Kenny at any time call it a day I would love Jose to take charge at LFC

est1892 > Football > General Football