It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 29-01-12, 08:47 PM   #81
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rev leeroy brown View Post
The games against.Barcelona have been very tight of late and real have deserved more than they have got. I disagree with the "kick shit out if the opposition" tactics mourinho adopts against.barca but that aside real play some amazing football. Inter left in a state of decline etc.. is a bullshit claim and.laughable. Euro and league champs is hardly a poor state. The players left after Jose went were still the best group in Italy. Chelsea were the dominant force in.England when.Jose was there too.
He is inarguably a fantastic manager and should Kenny at any time call it a day I would love Jose to take charge at LFC
England won the rugby world cup. That was the peak of that team. Was always going to be difficult in that post win environment.

A team peaking having won the greatest prize available to them and then starting to decline isn't laugh able at all
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-01-12, 08:52 PM   #82
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rev leeroy brown View Post
The games against.Barcelona have been very tight of late and real have deserved more than they have got. I disagree with the "kick shit out if the opposition" tactics mourinho adopts against.barca but that aside real play some amazing football. Inter left in a state of decline etc.. is a bullshit claim and.laughable. Euro and league champs is hardly a poor state. The players left after Jose went were still the best group in Italy. Chelsea were the dominant force in.England when.Jose was there too.
He is inarguably a fantastic manager and should Kenny at any time call it a day I would love Jose to take charge at LFC
fuck no, he is a self serving cunt.
Mattshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 08:53 PM   #83
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

He wouldn't come.
Old 29-01-12, 08:54 PM   #84
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
He wouldn't come.
He would, but only if we offered him a ridiculous big transfer budget and no wage restrictions.
Mattshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 08:56 PM   #85
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshark View Post
He would, but only if we offered him a ridiculous big transfer budget and no wage restrictions.
Which we wont. So like I said he wont come
Old 29-01-12, 09:42 PM   #86
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshark View Post
fuck no, he is a self serving cunt.
all about Mourinho the club he's at is a means to end for him
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 09:53 PM   #87
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
all about Mourinho the club he's at is a means to end for him
Same applies to 90% of people involved in football though.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 09:57 PM   #88
S-RED
Dalglish

sorry, but if the job was offered he would come; 20 years without the title & a decent (same as last summer) budget he would pay his own air fare to sign. His ego couldn't resist being the man that put us back on our perch. Added to the fact he loves our passion, it would be a no-brainer for him.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-12, 09:58 PM   #89
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Same applies to 90% of people involved in football though.
I accept that to a point but Mourinho is all about the legacy he can create for himself and the club(s) he does it at seemingly matter very little.

It also doesn't help he's an odious prick
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 11:54 AM   #90
lfcred
Houllier

Could definitely be a shout, if we can provide him with the budget! or is it too risky for him? to be honest though, I dont like the guy and the bad name he gives his clubs. He has dragged reals name through the mud recently with is dirty tactics against barca!
Old 30-01-12, 12:06 PM   #91
Exiled_red
Paisley

Despite what he's achieved in the game with various clubs, I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.
Old 30-01-12, 03:22 PM   #92
Icon
Beside the seaside...

I'd rather have Hodgson back.

Err, maybe...
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 03:49 PM   #93
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I'd rather have Hodgson back.

Err, maybe...
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 06:22 PM   #94
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Aye...hate the cunt but can't deny it's fascinating and I'm intrigued to see where he'll go if this is true. Just not here. Please.

Exactly.

He won't come to us though - he once stated that, but wouldn't say why - I suspect Fuck Off Mourinho was the reason - we didn't show the lying, cheating egomaniac the respect that he deserves I guess...
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 07:11 PM   #95
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

I think Hicks and Gillett were the reason.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 07:14 PM   #96
Phoenix07
The Normal One

This is what Mourinho said in 2010 regarding the Liverpool job.

He said: “Manchester United would be a great challenge for me. But Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you.

“Tottenham, Everton... Arsenal maybe. These are all fine clubs with very good managers.

“You can dream of what happens in one, two, three or four years. Who knows? I cannot say, but I think you have an idea of what I think about.

He was obviously off his knockers when he decided to mention a bittersweet team.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 12:24 PM   #97
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
I think Hicks and Gillett were the reason.
possibly, but when they dicked us at Anfield that time and he walked round the pitch and virtually urinated on the 4 corner flags, I was convinced it was the fans that had got under his skin. Quite proud in fact.
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 03:20 PM   #98
kris90210
Shankly

Isn't he a Liverpool fan? I'm sure Carragher said that in his book. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Going on the answer he gave, I got the impression it was something more obscure than the previous owners...
Old 31-01-12, 05:01 PM   #99
Baracus
Roggy

I don't think its obscure. We fucked him off in the summer of 2004 and he is holding that against us. Bitter Cunt. Great Manager thou.

All his quotes before he left Porto, LFC is great, great History, great managers we were looking for a new manager led me and many others as well as Mourinho probably that he was coming to Anfield. Rick and Moores had other Ideas.

Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 05:06 PM   #100
Phoenix07
The Normal One

I don't think we fobbed him off in 2004. He already had an agreement with Chelsea. However, even by the tone of the man himself in his book, it sounds like he'd have taken the Liverpool job over Chelsea job. Rick Parry approached him three times, one before Porto played Man Utd, one before the Champions League Final against Monaco and another after it in which he'd already agreed to join Chelsea.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 31-01-12, 05:08 PM   #101
Baracus
Roggy

Did not know that.. Just remember some of his quotes Pre-Chavs about how great all things LFC was.

Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 05:22 PM   #102
lfcred
Houllier

Cant stand the guy! hope he doesn't come to us or anyone else in the league!
Old 31-01-12, 05:54 PM   #103
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcred View Post
Cant stand the guy! hope he doesn't come to us or anyone else in the league!
Old 29-02-12, 09:53 AM   #104
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Made the front page of The Mirror. Be warned that you are about to waste 2 minutes of your life.

Quote:
Jose Mourinho swept back into Britain yesterday... lining himself up for a dramatic return to the Premier League he loves.

He went househunting in London sparking speculation of a comeback at troubled Chelsea, but he has also been linked with Spurs and Arsenal.

The Special One lit up English football during his colourful reign at Stamford Bridge and left with some “unfinished business”.

The 49-year-old, who impressed and infuriated fans in almost equal measure during his three seasons as Chelsea boss, spent a day househunting in West London with his wife Tami, 41, and two children.

A source said: “It’s no secret Jose wants another crack at the Premier League.

“He has always felt like he has a *particular bond with English fans and had some of the happiest years of his life managing Chelsea.

“He has unfinished business and would love to win the *European Cup with a big side, which is one thing he didn’t manage to do in England.

“It also helps that he loves living in London, and his family are used to the city.”

But the charismatic Real Madrid boss’s secret trip to the capital could spell bad news for current Chelsea chief Andre Villas-Boas who is *struggling to succeed at Stamford Bridge as the spectre of impatient billionaire owner Roman Abramovich looms over him.

AVB worked under Mourinho during his Chelsea reign.

But it could herald good tidings for Tottenham fans who will need a replacement for boss Harry Redknapp if he takes the England job or Arsenal supporters should under-fire Arsene Wenger quit.

Mourinho won every domestic honour during his time with Chelsea, including two Premier League titles, the first in his debut season in 2004. It ended a 50-year wait for the championship.

But his failure to land the *European Cup the Russian owner craves ultimately cost him his job in 2007.

The *Portuguese idol, who has melted the hearts of women fans across Europe, is *understood to have viewed several homes with his family.

It is thought he favours Belgravia. *Mourinho still owns a flat in the area but is said to want a bigger home now daughter Matilde and son Jose Junior are older.

The source added: “It would be no problem for them to adapt again.

“It’s not just about getting the right job for Jose, but what is right for his wife and children, too.”

Mourinho left Heathrow for Spain yesterday afternoon carrying doughnuts and a Harrods bag.

He still has two years left on his 8.4million-a-year deal with Spanish giants Real but is said to be tired with in-fighting at the club and is set to quit in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mission-746902
Old 29-02-12, 10:06 AM   #105
dom9
Ant Pisser

Yawn.
Old 29-02-12, 10:16 AM   #106
Muddled
Meat Shield

Ha! "The Portuguese idol, who has melted the hearts of women fans across Europe"

[gips]

Get your tongue out of his arse.

As for the sweeping suggestion of teams he might join, they're obviously wanting to get the report in early (why, on the front page?!) to be able to say "I told you so" when he does move in the summer ... because Mourinho said that himself!
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 10:22 AM   #107
dom9
Ant Pisser

Is that on the front page? Really?

If it is, it is yet another disgusting ploy to put pressure on AVB. There is no game for him in midweek, but why should that stop them from piling it on?
Old 29-02-12, 10:37 AM   #108
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

If it is, it is yet another disgusting ploy to put pressure on AVB. There is no game for him in midweek, but why should that stop them from piling it on?
Yep, front page stuff. I was expecting more substance to the story, but that was it.
Old 29-02-12, 10:38 AM   #109
Muddled
Meat Shield

Quote:

Agreed. The witch hunt with regard to AVB is ridiculous.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 10:50 AM   #110
Skrtelmania
Evans

The British media completely kiss his arse whereas the Italian and Spanish media can't stand the twat, no wonder he's got 'unfinished business' here when the press seem to exist just to boost his ego.
Skrtelmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 10:51 AM   #111
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrtelmania View Post
The British media completely kiss his arse whereas the Italian and Spanish media can't stand the twat, no wonder he's got 'unfinished business' here when the press seem to exist just to boost his ego.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 11:19 AM   #112
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrtelmania View Post
Nah I think you've missed the point in this instance.

This is not about Mourinho, it's about AVB. That is how they roll.
Old 29-02-12, 11:25 AM   #113
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:

Not sure he's on about this particular instance, more a general viewpoint, and he's right too.

The foreign media don't treat him in the same god like way ours do.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 11:29 AM   #114
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:

When he's got his feet under the carpet at whatever club he ends up at, the frenzied rage will start all over again.

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 12:07 PM   #115
colin85
Hodgsoned

He's here for the England job.
colin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 12:24 PM   #116
Skrtelmania
Evans

Quote:

This article may have been made to put further pressure on AVB but in general the media in this country have kissed his arse ever since he walked in and called himself the 'special one'.

They've pretty much taken the view that he was right and have bemoaned the fact that our leage isn't the same without him, he's such a 'character' and if only he could come back and brighten up all our lives again (C) Sky.

The Italians couldn't stand him and Marca (Real Madrid's mouthpiece / propaganda outlet) actually accused him of 'treason' no less after the last meeting with Barca at the Bernabeu, and this with them top of the league!
Skrtelmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 03:19 PM   #117
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin85 View Post
I wouldn't be at all surprised at that!
Old 29-02-12, 05:13 PM   #118
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin85 View Post
That would make me hate England even more than I do already.
Old 29-02-12, 05:19 PM   #119
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Press reaction perhaps a bit the reverse of Rafa then?
Old 04-12-12, 10:06 AM   #120
barnes10
Dalglish

Anyone else see the hour long documentary on him last night?

It was pretty good watch and softened my view on him. It had fergie on there throughout tho. clearly he has a lot of admiration for jose. on ITV 4 i think.
barnes10 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football