It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 05-02-17, 08:18 PM   #1
topscorer
Dalglish

#giveThomasatrial

I need some help from you all please if you don't mind. This probably won't work but it's worth a go! Especially if someone like Shaggy can help .

I'm coming to England this summer and want to try and get a trial for my son with Liverpool, or any professional team to be honest.

He's good enough, 4 top teams in Mexico have given him trials and he's at various stages in the process. Theirs a good chance he will have been offered an Academy place by at least one of them before the summer.

Current Mexican champions Tigres have asked him to go to trials in March, local rivals Monterrey Rayados had him for a week in December and we are waiting to hear from them. Chivas & Atlas from Guadalajara have both offered him or already given him trials.

Two summers ago I wrote to all the clubs in the North West, most didn't even reply. A couple replied that they only considered boys recommended by their own scouts.

Preston North End invited him to a trial and ended up letting him train with them all summer. An English FA youth coach worked part time for them and he thought he was good enough.

This time I want to try and get him a trial through social media.

I've setup a Twitter account @Tacofutbol, a YouTube channel http://youtube.tacofutbol.com (I need 100 subscribers to be eligible for a custom url) & website www.tacofutbol.com.

I've posted a short video on Twitter with the hash tag #giveThomasatrial.

You can help if you could share that video or any from the YouTube channel with players, ex players, youth players, coaches or football reporters you are connected with using the hash tag #giveThomasatrial.

Maybe Anfieldwrap and Redman?

As I said, a trial at Liverpool would be a dream but we would love a chance with any professional team except the Mancs!

Thanks everyone.

#giveThomasatrial

Last edited by topscorer; 05-02-17 at 08:39 PM.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-02-17, 08:24 PM   #2
topscorer
Dalglish

Can any Twitter user give me a basic lesson on how to use it please?

Can I change settings to automatically accept follow request and if so is it a good idea or bad idea to do that?

Can I tweet to a person? For example if I want to tweet to someone at the Anfieldwrap and ask them to help how would I do that?
Old 09-02-17, 11:33 AM   #3
Gibbo
Like a boss

It all depends on who you want to follow you really, if you want to choose who can see what you tweet then have your account set to private with follower requests on (from what youve said this doesnt seem like what you want) so i would have your account set to open.

You tweet people by placing an '@' sign and then their twitter handle.

So if your twitter name was topscorer i would put "@topscorer Sack mignolet"

Also note that the twitter name is not their name on twitter. their twitter name will be the one that comes after the @ sign on their profile
Old 09-02-17, 01:07 PM   #4
kev776
Paisley

I'm on twitter but my nature dictates I lead, I wouldn't follow somebody to a bus stop. I also think that anybody who follows me is a stalker so my life on twitter is rather limited.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 01:35 PM   #5
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
Can any Twitter user give me a basic lesson on how to use it please?

Can I change settings to automatically accept follow request and if so is it a good idea or bad idea to do that?

Can I tweet to a person? For example if I want to tweet to someone at the Anfieldwrap and ask them to help how would I do that?
Test it by trying to tweet me @irishnev
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 01:51 PM   #6
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

You could try "@RealDonaldTrump You're a cunt."
Old 09-02-17, 09:08 PM   #7
Liverpool
Paisley

He has to live within an hour of the stadium/training for a club to even think of signingetting. I'm not sure Mexico is that...
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 09:54 PM   #8
Vermilion
Shooterista

Sorry can't help with the footy contacts side, bit shit at Twitter tbf too.

But, Google is our friend today...

https://www.lifewire.com/tutorial-in...witter-2654622

Looks a good little player, confident, touch of guile and some nice moves too.

Good luck.

Last edited by Vermilion; 09-02-17 at 10:00 PM.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 03:06 PM   #9
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
Sorry can't help with the footy contacts side, bit shit at Twitter tbf too.

But, Google is our friend today...

Twitter Tutorial For Beginners - YouTube

https://www.lifewire.com/tutorial-in...witter-2654622

Looks a good little player, confident, touch of guile and some nice moves too.

Good luck.

Thanks. When making short videos you need to focus on the individual skills but if you watch him he has amazing game intelligence and special awareness too. That's what all the coaches like about him.
Old 14-02-17, 03:12 PM   #10
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
He has to live within an hour of the stadium/training for a club to even think of signingetting. I'm not sure Mexico is that...

Last time we went to England Preston let him have a trial and he ended up training with them all summer.

He turns 16 in 2 weeks and has a British & Mexican passport so I'm not sure when the rules give him the freedom to join an English club but I'm not really looking for that to happen anyway.

I just want someone to take a look at him and let him test himself at Academy level.

If he's good enough they will find a way and if he isn't he will get feedback about were he needs to improve.
Old 14-02-17, 03:13 PM   #11
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
It all depends on who you want to follow you really, if you want to choose who can see what you tweet then have your account set to private with follower requests on (from what youve said this doesnt seem like what you want) so i would have your account set to open.

You tweet people by placing an '@' sign and then their twitter handle.

So if your twitter name was topscorer i would put "@topscorer Sack mignolet"

Also note that the twitter name is not their name on twitter. their twitter name will be the one that comes after the @ sign on their profile

Ok, got it thanks
Old 14-02-17, 03:36 PM   #12
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Last time we went to England Preston let him have a trial and he ended up training with them all summer.

He turns 16 in 2 weeks and has a British & Mexican passport so I'm not sure when the rules give him the freedom to join an English club but I'm not really looking for that to happen anyway.

I just want someone to take a look at him and let him test himself at Academy level.

If he's good enough they will find a way and if he isn't he will get feedback about were he needs to improve.
This will be nigh on impossible imo unless you know someone who can get you in through the door

You really have to get an invite off one of the scouts and or coaches to get a trial

I bet they have 100's of kids and fathers requesting trials
Old 22-02-17, 07:09 AM   #13
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
This will be nigh on impossible imo unless you know someone who can get you in through the door

You really have to get an invite off one of the scouts and or coaches to get a trial

I bet they have 100's of kids and fathers requesting trials

Yes I know it has a very low chance of success but not trying at all has a zero chance of success right?

Everyone said I was wasting my time when I wrote to clubs in the North West of England 3 years ago but he ended up being able to train with Preston North End all summer and even played a game for them!
Old 22-02-17, 08:49 AM   #14
Resu
Dalglish

Have talked to Preston? Some sort of confirmation that he has been there might make others more interested.
Old 22-02-17, 11:20 AM   #15
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Yes I know it has a very low chance of success but not trying at all has a zero chance of success right?

Everyone said I was wasting my time when I wrote to clubs in the North West of England 3 years ago but he ended up being able to train with Preston North End all summer and even played a game for them!
No disrespect but Preston is somewhat different to LFC

Good luck anyway
Old 22-02-17, 11:57 AM   #16
Resu
Dalglish

Quote:

Good luck anyway
It is, but coupled with what he has going in Mexico they might give him a
chance. But I guess it would help if it was documented in some way.
Old 22-02-17, 01:59 PM   #17
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Would this help?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...d-12639122.amp
Old 22-02-17, 02:00 PM   #18
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...d-12639122.amp
Old 22-02-17, 02:54 PM   #19
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post

I will make contact with them, thank you.
Old 22-02-17, 03:05 PM   #20
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:

Good luck anyway

Maybe I haven't been clear enough with what I'm trying to achieve.

Obviously as a Liverpool supporter I would love Thomas to have a chance of a trial at Liverpool but I am trying to get him a trial at ANY professional Academy in England this summer.

Well, any except the Mancs!

If he could get a trial at Everton, Tranmere, Wigan or anywhere within a reasonable travel distance from Liverpool I would jump at the opportunity.

I would consider anywhere in England.

This is about getting him the chance to train for a few days at a professional Academy so he can benchmark himself against boys in England and see how close he is to being good enough to make it in England.

I'm not trying to actually get him into an Academy to stay or specifically into Liverpool.

So if anyone knows anyone directly or indirectly in the football community then I would appreciate it if you could share his videos and ask them to give him a couple of days to show his ability.

www.tacofutbol.com
http://youtube.tacofutbol.com
@tacofutbol
#giveThomasatrial

Thanks
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 22-02-17, 03:05 PM   #21
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resu View Post
It is, but coupled with what he has going in Mexico they might give him a
chance. But I guess it would help if it was documented in some way.
I would be genuinely shocked if he got a look in

You lose nothing by trying but I think it massively unlikely they would do anything

I know a young lad who tried something similar and he was already on Blackburns youth books. Wrote to all the Premier League clubs in the North West and didnt get a look in. He ended up playing for the Nike team and played in USA, Mexico leagues and is now plying his trade in Finland. Hes only 20

Its massively difficult and the clubs dont give a shit, they genuinely dont.

They would rather the kid go elsewhere and prove himself than bother looking at them

Theres a great book by Michael Yates called "Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen and ... Me" about him being scouted and coming through the youth team and then having to restart his career when he failed to make it
Old 22-02-17, 03:08 PM   #22
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Maybe I haven't been clear enough with what I'm trying to achieve.

Obviously as a Liverpool supporter I would love Thomas to have a chance of a trial at Liverpool but I am trying to get him a trial at ANY professional Academy in England this summer.

Well, any except the Mancs!

If he could get a trial at Everton, Tranmere, Wigan or anywhere within a reasonable travel distance from Liverpool I would jump at the opportunity.

I would consider anywhere in England.

This is about getting him the chance to train for a few days at a professional Academy so he can benchmark himself against boys in England and see how close he is to being good enough to make it in England.

I'm not trying to actually get him into an Academy to stay or specifically into Liverpool.

So if anyone knows anyone directly or indirectly in the football community then I would appreciate it if you could share his videos and ask them to give him a couple of days to show his ability.

www.tacofutbol.com
http://youtube.tacofutbol.com
@tacofutbol
#giveThomasatrial

Thanks
No I get what you have said but at the big clubs I think your chances are slim to anorexic. You might have more chance at the lower league clubs (like you did with Preston)

The big clubs dont give a shit and what is more they get 1000s of requests for this
Old 22-02-17, 03:12 PM   #23
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
I would be genuinely shocked if he got a look in

You lose nothing by trying but I think it massively unlikely they would do anything

I know a young lad who tried something similar and he was already on Blackburns youth books. Wrote to all the Premier League clubs in the North West and didnt get a look in. He ended up playing for the Nike team and played in USA, Mexico leagues and is now plying his trade in Finland. Hes only 20

Its massively difficult and the clubs dont give a shit, they genuinely dont.

They would rather the kid go elsewhere and prove himself than bother looking at them

Theres a great book by Michael Yates called "Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen and ... Me" about him being scouted and coming through the youth team and then having to restart his career when he failed to make it

You are absolutely right, it's tough to impossible and very competitive.

But their is genuine interest by a lot of clubs in letting foreign trained players train with them or to play friendlies against foreign teams because it's good experience for existing Academy players.

That's what I'm pinning my hopes on.
Old 22-02-17, 03:13 PM   #24
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
You are absolutely right, it's tough to impossible and very competitive.

But their is genuine interest by a lot of clubs in letting foreign trained players train with them or to play friendlies against foreign teams because it's good experience for existing Academy players.

That's what I'm pinning my hopes on.
Good luck

I wish you well in your endeavour
Old 22-02-17, 05:01 PM   #25
frank the tank
Shankly

im sure Tranmere would give him a trial. He'd probably be in their senior team for next season....
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 05:43 AM   #26
topscorer
Dalglish

Thomas now has a football agent representing him in the UK & Germany
Old 14-06-17, 05:59 AM   #27
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Thomas now has a football agent representing him in the UK & Germany
Congrats!
Old 16-06-17, 06:06 AM   #28
topscorer
Dalglish

Thanks.

They have a boot sponsor lol. Pair of boots in the post for him.
Old 16-06-17, 11:19 AM   #29
baitman
Daddy day care

i hope that one day LFC give him a good monitoring.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 05:44 AM   #30
topscorer
Dalglish

I don't have anything in writing yet but I'm told it's 100% certain be has a trial with Celtic.

Preseason, one week with first team. Aim is to achieve scholarship for academy.
Old 18-06-17, 06:06 AM   #31
baitman
Daddy day care

Hope all goes well and his name isnt in the envelope.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
Old 21-06-17, 10:55 PM   #32
topscorer
Dalglish

Lol. Thanks
Old 23-06-17, 03:44 AM   #33
topscorer
Dalglish

Thomas is going to Guadalajara on Sunday to spend a week preparing for his Celtic trial with the Mexico national U20 physio coach.

Arranged by his football agent!
Old 23-06-17, 08:09 AM   #34
baitman
Daddy day care

Brilliant.

Old 23-06-17, 09:10 AM   #35
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

Great news
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 09:56 AM   #36
Vermilion
Shooterista

Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 10:41 AM   #37
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Thomas is going to Guadalajara on Sunday to spend a week preparing for his Celtic trial with the Mexico national U20 physio coach.

Good luck mate, hope it goes well for him.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 02:34 AM   #38
topscorer
Dalglish

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

They've told me that he will probably play in one or two open friendlies during the trial and the rest will be closed so if anyone is in the Glasgow area and wants to go watch let me know!
Old 24-06-17, 08:28 AM   #39
Resu
Dalglish

He's been living in Mexico so far? With kisses when you greet?
Could be a problem in Glagow.

Good luck to the kid, I'm looking forward to hear how it all goes.

Last edited by Resu; 24-06-17 at 06:18 PM.
Resu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 10:54 AM   #40
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

great stuff hope he smashes it.

est1892 > Football > General Football