It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 02-11-17, 12:12 AM   #81
kev776
Paisley

What a brilliant story, cant wait to see this lad succeed and watch his Dad have a meltdown on here when he scores his first International goal.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 02-11-17, 01:13 AM   #82
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
What a brilliant story, cant wait to see this lad succeed and watch his Dad have a meltdown on here when he scores his first International goal.
We don't know all the story, waiting on topscorer to let us in on the next chapter!
Old 02-11-17, 04:24 PM   #83
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Surely it was positive news we would know by now? Fingers crossed. Where's the fucking update?
Old 02-11-17, 05:17 PM   #84
baitman
Daddy day care

hes signed for psg, him and his dad are just finalising the colour palate for their new learjet.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 11:35 PM   #85
topscorer
Dalglish

Sorry everyone, thanks for asking.

Things didn't go exactly to plan partly due to timing and partly a club letting us down.

The bad timing is that by the time we returned from England the registration window was already closed in Mexico so Thomas couldn't be registered by any club to play in the professional club academy leagues.

A club let us down because they had said they wanted to keep Thomas so he could train with the team and play in a local league they play in too but then after three weeks they told us that they had no space in the Casa Club (on site dormitories where the kids stay). By then the opportunities we had with other clubs had closed.

So Thomas is in limbo until the registration window opens again in December.

In the meantime he has been playing with an amateur club in Guadalajara that has a casa club. It's a really bad team and the conditions at the Casa Club are not good. But to be honest it's almost been a blessing in disguise, it's really toughened him up mentally which was something he was lacking. It's helped him to grow up fast and taken him out of his comfort zone. I'm really proud of how he has responded to the situation.

In the meantime he's dropped out of Mexican school and been registered to study a couple of A levels and an accredited diploma 3 on line. That's another big change for him. Instead of going to school and being with all his mates he's needing to self motivate to study at the Casa Club alone when the other boys are at school. I'm not even there to help him.

So lots of character building going on at the moment. At the end of this month he will go back to one of the Mexican clubs for another trial and I'm sure he will get into one of them. If he gets into our first choice it will be a huge achievement but any of the options the agent has lined up will be great and he will be ready to go to PSG in the summer Baitman

I'll give another update as soon as I have more news. He scored a cracking solo goal yesterday. It was a "fuck this shit I'll do it all myself" kind of goal.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 06:03 PM   #86
topscorer
Dalglish

#giveThomasatrial

Hi everyone, I finally have news to announce.

Yesterday Thomas signed a semi-professional contract with Lobos BUAP, based in Puebla.

He will train with the U20 team and play for the U17 team. Hopefully he will earn minutes with the U20 team and the moonshot goal is to win minutes with the first team.

In Mexico we have two tournaments per year, each team plays each other once and then the top 8 have a play off to decide the champions.

The tournament that has just finished was the first for Lobos in Liga MX, they just got promoted. They finished mid table as did the U20 team. The U17 finished dead last and they have made many changes there. Actually they have made quite a lot of changes at all levels, quite normal in Mexico.

They are a university team and have money, they want to make the playoffs in the next tournament.

It's not the biggest club we spoke with but it's the only one that has made a career path for Thomas and are making decisions that will benefit his development.

With the other teams he just would have been thrown into a mass of U16 players.

That's one of the training fields on the university campus, and yes that is a volcano you see in the background...........

An active one!

Here is a photo of the U20 team, Thomas has spent the past two weeks in pre-season training with them.

You should find a photo of Thomas in the U17 squad in the next week or so and you'll be able to keep track of how he is doing here.....

http://sub17.ligamx.net/cancha/club/11212/lobos-buap

Keep an eye on the U20 team too. Hopefully he will get some minutes with them later in the season!

Today we are going home for Christmas, they are giving Thomas an extra couple of days off because he hasn't been home for 3 months, and he needs to report back for training on 26th.

It's taken longer than planned to get here, mostly due to timing of transfer windows etc, but finally it's happening and needless to say we are all super excited.

Last edited by topscorer; 19-12-17 at 09:55 PM.
Old 19-12-17, 07:30 PM   #87
Bloodraven
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
Hi everyone, I finally have news to announce.

Yesterday Thomas signed a semi-professional contract with Lobos BUAP, based in Puebla.

He will train with the U20 team and play for the U17 team. Hopefully he will earn minutes with the U20 team and the moonshot goal is to win minutes with the first team.

In Mexico we have two tournaments per year, each team plays each other once and then the top 8 have a play off to decide the champions.

The tournament that has just finished was the first for Lobos in Liga MX, they just got promoted. They finished mid table as did the U20 team. The U17 finished dead last and they have made many changes there. Actually they have made quite a lot of changes at all levels, quite normal in Mexico.

They are a university team and have money, they want to make the playoffs in the next tournament.

It's not the biggest club we spoke with but it's the only one that has made a career path for Thomas and are making decisions that will benefit his development.

With the other teams he just would have been thrown into a mass of U16 players.

That's one of the training fields on the university campus, and yes that is a volcano got see in the background...........

An active one!

Here is a photo of the U20 team, Thomas has spent the past two weeks in pre-season training with them.

You should find a photo of Thomas in the U17 squad in the next week or so and you'll be able to keep track of how he is doing here.....

http://sub17.ligamx.net/cancha/club/11212/lobos-buap

Keep an eye on the U20 team too. Hopefully he will get some minutes with them later in the season!

Today we are going home for Christmas, they are giving Thomas an extra couple of days off because he hasn't been home for 3 months, and he needs to report back for training on 26th.

It's taken longer than planned to get here, mostly due to timing of transfer windows etc, but finally it's happening and needless to say we are all super excited.
Brilliant update! All the best.
Bloodraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 08:54 PM   #88
Deano
Shankly

Good luck fella, Merry Christmas and hope all works out
Old 19-12-17, 09:09 PM   #89
baitman
Daddy day care

great news for the lad, and your pension fund, hopefully.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all.
Old 20-12-17, 02:20 AM   #90
topscorer
Dalglish

Thanks guys. It's really exciting. Now it's down to Thomas to prove himself on the field.
Old 07-01-18, 12:13 AM   #91
topscorer
Dalglish

Thomas misses the first game of the season tomorrow.

English FA have not responded to the Mexican FA to confirm that he isn't registered with any teams in England so his registration with Lobos has not been completed.

Apparently necessary to check with English FA due to dual nationality.
Old 07-01-18, 12:20 AM   #92
baitman
Daddy day care

Is his surname mahrez?

Old 08-01-18, 05:39 PM   #93
topscorer
Dalglish

Haha, I'd be shopping for my yacht instead of paying for his digs.
Old 16-01-18, 12:32 AM   #94
topscorer
Dalglish

http://sub17.ligamx.net/cancha/jugad...ro-lea-morales

He's finally registered, hopefully he can play next weekend.
Old 16-01-18, 10:18 AM   #95
SB
Paisley

keep us posted.
Old 24-05-18, 12:35 AM   #96
topscorer
Dalglish

Probably a bad time to post an update about Thomas just before a Champions League final lol but I'm as excited about this as I am about the final even if you lot aren't!

It's been confirmed Thomas is one of 15 x 16-18 year old boys selected to take part in trials in Vienna, Austria. Scouts from all the top clubs in Austria will be attending and the trialists will play 4 games against Austrian academy teams during the week.

The scout for Rapid Vienna is particularly interested in Thomas after seeing his profile and videos.

The purpose of the event is to encourage elite young foreign players to join Austrian teams as a stepping stone to the German and French leagues.

The event is open to the public so I'm going over with the family to watch and then we will backpack around Europe whilst we wait to see which club takes Thomas.

Straight after this Thomas will go to Celtic for his follow up trial with them and we are just waiting for Dinamo Zagreb to confirm dates for a trial too.

So lots of opportunities for Thomas this summer!
Old 24-05-18, 01:25 AM   #97
baitman
Daddy day care

brilliant stuff mate.

Old 24-05-18, 01:36 AM   #98
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Probably a bad time to post an update about Thomas just before a Champions League final lol but I'm as excited about this as I am about the final even if you lot aren't!

It's been confirmed Thomas is one of 15 x 16-18 year old boys selected to take part in trials in Vienna, Austria. Scouts from all the top clubs in Austria will be attending and the trialists will play 4 games against Austrian academy teams during the week.

The scout for Rapid Vienna is particularly interested in Thomas after seeing his profile and videos.

The purpose of the event is to encourage elite young foreign players to join Austrian teams as a stepping stone to the German and French leagues.

The event is open to the public so I'm going over with the family to watch and then we will backpack around Europe whilst we wait to see which club takes Thomas.

Straight after this Thomas will go to Celtic for his follow up trial with them and we are just waiting for Dinamo Zagreb to confirm dates for a trial too.

Never a bad time to post, this is brilliant

Best of luck
Old 24-05-18, 05:38 AM   #99
topscorer
Dalglish

Thanks guys. I'm really excited about it.

But first we have Saturday to look forward to. My Manc friend has rented a private room in a restaurant and asked to borrow a Liverpool shirt. He's really strange, he actually likes Liverpool a lot and openly admits it even when he's a Manc. He'll be cheering us on on Saturday too lol
Old 24-05-18, 07:29 AM   #100
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

But first we have Saturday to look forward to. My Manc friend has rented a private room in a restaurant and asked to borrow a Liverpool shirt. He's really strange, he actually likes Liverpool a lot and openly admits it even when he's a Manc. He'll be cheering us on on Saturday too lol
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-05-18, 07:31 AM   #101
Exiled_red
Paisley

Great news mate.

Good luck
Old 24-05-18, 07:32 AM   #102
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Best of luck to Thomas, topscorer
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-18, 09:51 AM   #103
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

Wow. He is REALLY strange.

I'll bet he keeps that kind of chat to himself when around other Mancs.
Sounds like he is wanting to turn..?

Great news on your son .
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-18, 10:24 AM   #104
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:

Best of luck, hope he gets a good club
Old 28-05-18, 09:05 PM   #105
kev776
Paisley

Great stuff.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 09:14 PM   #106
topscorer
Dalglish

Opening ceremony for Vienna trials. Media there, interviewed Thomas.

Agent says he did well and was confident with his words. He told me Thomas is the smallest and youngest player in the trialists squad but has already become a leader in the group.

First training session tomorrow morning and game in the evening.
Old 02-07-18, 11:02 PM   #107
Exiled_red
Paisley

That's great, good luck to him for tomorrow
Old 04-07-18, 11:27 PM   #108
topscorer
Dalglish

#giveThomasatrial

He was a bag of nerves for the first game, they didn't start him because he was so nervous and was the last one on the field, and then when he did go on he was too nervous to get into the game and made some silly errors.

He was really frustrated with himself and upset.

But got his head together today and grew in confidence exponentially minute by minute and by the end of the game the other players started passing to him which have him the chance to show his skills.

All the players and coaches speak French and no English and they are all older than him and have been playing with each other before. He's jumped straight into the final stages of the trials I think.

Last edited by topscorer; 04-07-18 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-07-18, 11:41 PM   #109
baitman
Daddy day care

slick skills and doesnt mind a tackle. a natural coutinho replacement [one day].

Old 04-07-18, 11:54 PM   #110
Frenchie
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
slick skills and doesnt mind a tackle. a natural coutinho replacement [one day].
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 12:09 AM   #111
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

This is the most exciting thread on the site!

An evolving, real life football story from a forum member.
Old 05-07-18, 02:50 AM   #112
Frenchie
Dalglish

We are all living vicariously through him .....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDh...lwLbhU4k1bcf7g
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 03:47 AM   #113
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
We are all living vicariously through him .....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDh...lwLbhU4k1bcf7g

Great!
Old 05-07-18, 07:22 AM   #114
Resu
Dalglish

For once I can say "I`ve followed him from he was a kid, I remember that game vs SV Ried".
Old 07-07-18, 08:11 AM   #115
topscorer
Dalglish

Thanks for your support everyone.

The game yesterday was cancelled because the other team didn't have enough players in his age category (injuries).

The game today is for the 19-26 year category so he's probably not going to get another game.

I don't think he's done enough to be honest. It's not worked out the way we expected because they only have 2 U17s and a couple more players that are U20. The rest are 20+.

Also all the players and the coach are French speaking and a lot have played together before in other trials.

It was supposed to be a squad of 16-18 year old trialists and a squad of 19-26 year old trialists but it's basically just a squad of 19-26 year old trialists plus Thomas and a couple of others.

So basically he's trying to stand out amongst a bunch of older players that can communicate perfectly to each other and the coach in a language that Thomas doesn't understand.

His agent was really pissed off on Tuesday when he froze before the game with nerves but hopefully he'll calm down over the weekend and look at everything in context.

Thomas says the agent of the best player in the group, who also plays in the number 10 position, has asked for his number and has been impressed with his attitude and skills.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 20-08-18, 05:48 PM   #116
topscorer
Dalglish

Thomas has a friendly game with Southport U21s on Wednesday if anyone local is interested in going.

The game is in Skem.

Some scouts will hopefully be there and we are still waiting for trial dates with a couple of clubs in Scotland.

The fall back plan is Southport who are excited about keeping him for U21s. That would give him the chance to fight for consideration for the first team squad and they get scouted a lot with so many professional clubs being in the area.
Old 20-08-18, 07:19 PM   #117
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
The game is in Skem.
Anyone who might have popped down is now bailing

Joking aside, hope he impresses one of the Scouts
Old 20-08-18, 09:00 PM   #118
topscorer
Dalglish

Yeh, it's not Anfield that's for sure!
Old 23-08-18, 04:07 PM   #119
topscorer
Dalglish

Played second half and got 2 assists and had a goal opportunity cleared off the line.

Bossed the midfield.

Unfortunately cannot play in the first competitive game this weekend, they wanted him to, because he needs international clearance and it will take one or two weeks.

Southport won 4-0.

1-0 at half time, penalty and the 2 assists from Thomas in the second half.
Old 23-08-18, 05:50 PM   #120
Maxiedge
Shankly

Angry

That sounds very promising mate.

Edit: I don’t know why it has that smiley up there. Posted on my phone and must be the fat fingers.
Anyway, good luck !

est1892 > Football > General Football