It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-10, 02:19 PM   #2001
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post
Yeah, that was the one.

Should be on Bravo as its just a normal Impact but with "ppv quality matches", including the last of the tag team series, which will undoubtedly steal the whole show
look forward to it
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 06:56 PM   #2002
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Another wrestler dead. Lance Cade, 29, died of heart failure
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 07:01 PM   #2003
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnly View Post
Another wrestler dead. Lance Cade, 29, died of heart failure

Hardly surprising, bodies pumped full of steriods and performance enhancing drugs. Recipe for disaster
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 07:23 PM   #2004
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Hardly surprising, bodies pumped full of steriods and performance enhancing drugs. Recipe for disaster
You're spot on pal, but 29 is still no age is it? They really, really need to do something about this. Imagine if this was another sport, it'd be kicking off, but cos it's wrestling, not enough people will give a shit.
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 07:33 PM   #2005
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnly View Post
You're spot on pal, but 29 is still no age is it? They really, really need to do something about this. Imagine if this was another sport, it'd be kicking off, but cos it's wrestling, not enough people will give a shit.
You're right it is no age. The wrestling federations have a lot to answer for and they should be made liable for deaths attributed to performance enhancing drugs. Could you imagine the bad press boxing would get for deaths through this type of drugs abuse
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 07:55 PM   #2006
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
You're right it is no age. The wrestling federations have a lot to answer for and they should be made liable for deaths attributed to performance enhancing drugs. Could you imagine the bad press boxing would get for deaths through this type of drugs abuse
I suppose this wellness policy has done some good (catching MVP's heart defect) and to be fair Cade wasn't attached to the WWE so they should be clear, but it needs to be stopped. Vince is partially to blame, his obsession with pumped up muscleheads doesn't help anyone. He needs to learn that the CM Punk's, Danielson's etc are the ones who will last the longest. The two examples there will have massive careers. Punk is genuinely straight edge so won't touch anything and Danielson is a Vegan, who's worked his ass off to get there, way too honest for all that shit. Crazytown
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 05:19 PM   #2007
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Cade was part of the wellness programme and was part of WWE programming quite recently in fact until he started to seize on a plane which had meant WWE had to turn back mid way in air. They realised he hasn't stopped using prescriptive drugs.

WWE are good when it comes to wrestlers who have used in the past. If an ex wrestler wants to stop, they can contact the WWE who will pay for their rehab at a specialist clinic. Quite a few of the older guys have done it.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 08:21 PM   #2008
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Cade was part of the wellness programme and was part of WWE programming quite recently in fact until he started to seize on a plane which had meant WWE had to turn back mid way in air. They realised he hasn't stopped using prescriptive drugs.

WWE are good when it comes to wrestlers who have used in the past. If an ex wrestler wants to stop, they can contact the WWE who will pay for their rehab at a specialist clinic. Quite a few of the older guys have done it.
He's put a few through rehab has Vinny Mc, fair play to him for coughing up for it, but it shouldn't happen in the first place. It's a mad mad world the wrestling game. I thought my industry was a bit nuts, this WWE bubble takes the piss.

Onto brighter things, Summerslam tomorrow. Nexus just have to go over in that match, they'll look like shit otherwise
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 10:27 PM   #2009
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,405
I keep thinking of what's his name Orton?When i see an advert on sky for a movie called clash of the titans.


Has he moved over into movies yet?
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 12:26 AM   #2010
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST View Post
I keep thinking of what's his name Orton?When i see an advert on sky for a movie called clash of the titans.


Has he moved over into movies yet?
Have you seen Titans? Its shit!

Orton ain't in movies yet, he may do them but HHH and Cena have another one coming out each. Austin is in the Expendables and almost broke Sly's neck on set. He's going to be back in Chuck this year too as is Stacy Keibler
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 02:29 AM   #2011
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnly View Post
He's put a few through rehab has Vinny Mc, fair play to him for coughing up for it, but it shouldn't happen in the first place. It's a mad mad world the wrestling game. I thought my industry was a bit nuts, this WWE bubble takes the piss.

Onto brighter things, Summerslam tomorrow. Nexus just have to go over in that match, they'll look like shit otherwise
Bruce and Wade from the Torch think Cena may turn. I would be immensely surprised. I'm plumping for Morrison to turn. He's grown a beard and had a feeling of turning on Raw. I agree, if Vince sees money in this feud, which he should do given how good Raw has been over the past couple of weeks, Nexus should go over.

Kane vs Mysterio. Everyone's waiting for Taker to come out and beat up Kane. In 2010.

Sheamus vs Randy Orton. Sheamus has to go over. He can't have another transitional period as champion if they do want to build Sheamus' cred as a main eventer, as he is expected to feud with Hunter once he's back

Big Show vs SES. What on earth has happened to one of the best stables in wrestling at the moment? You certainly hope Punk wins. He's looked like a right jobber in the past couple of weeks/months.

Alicia Fox vs Melina. Does Fox always mess up a simple axe kick? Melina's back meaning more bad wrestling. I expect her to win.

Ziggler vs Kingston. Ziggler has finally got some gold but man is he a poor character? He's got some wrestling background but all we see is his stupid sleeper. Ziggler to win clean.

The match I was looking forward to is hooked off the show - Laycool vs Kelly Kelly and Tiffany. Tiffany has been suspended from the WWE after being arrested for domestic violence. And yes, she's married to McIntyre. She supposedly said no to having sex and beat him up. (RUMOUR)
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 11:20 AM   #2012
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Bruce and Wade from the Torch think Cena may turn. I would be immensely surprised. I'm plumping for Morrison to turn. He's grown a beard and had a feeling of turning on Raw. I agree, if Vince sees money in this feud, which he should do given how good Raw has been over the past couple of weeks, Nexus should go over.

Kane vs Mysterio. Everyone's waiting for Taker to come out and beat up Kane. In 2010.

Sheamus vs Randy Orton. Sheamus has to go over. He can't have another transitional period as champion if they do want to build Sheamus' cred as a main eventer, as he is expected to feud with Hunter once he's back

Big Show vs SES. What on earth has happened to one of the best stables in wrestling at the moment? You certainly hope Punk wins. He's looked like a right jobber in the past couple of weeks/months.

Alicia Fox vs Melina. Does Fox always mess up a simple axe kick? Melina's back meaning more bad wrestling. I expect her to win.

Ziggler vs Kingston. Ziggler has finally got some gold but man is he a poor character? He's got some wrestling background but all we see is his stupid sleeper. Ziggler to win clean.

The match I was looking forward to is hooked off the show - Laycool vs Kelly Kelly and Tiffany. Tiffany has been suspended from the WWE after being arrested for domestic violence. And yes, she's married to McIntyre. She supposedly said no to having sex and beat him up. (RUMOUR)
haha fail for McIntyre. Kelly Kelly is awesome, can they not just put her on somewhere? Preferably wearing not much.

Me and my mate were saying we'd love to see Cena turn. The fans who pay the money (the ones who buy their kids Cena merch and the tickets) don't like him, he's a natural heel. I can see it being Morrison turning though. Theres an open slot of Team WWE though, hmm

Taker may return tonight in the Kane/Mysterio match, meh. If this leads to Taker/Kane part 7300967567456 I just don't care.

Punk's been hurt as of late, at least he can still talk. SES has to go over and convert Show to Straight Edge

Sheamus will prob win, but Orton is white hot right now. HHH is coming back so he could interfere, cos Sheamus the title and then the fued goes on whilst Orton could go off and take on Miz, who is getting better every day.

Should be fun, may stay up, but I'm fooked. Got smashed on vodka on Friday, did my breakfast shows and worked late last night. Saving energy to watch the game later.
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 01:23 PM   #2013
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj
 
Leyton388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 25,861
WOW What a surprise Kane V taker! This has been done to death! Just shows how unoriginal the writers for WWE are and how limited they are! What a massive let down tO have it all build up and it ends up being taker v Kane AGAIN!

This was leaked about a month or so ago that it was Kane that attacked taker. Just more poor shit by the WWE!

Think i will stick to UFC!
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 01:49 PM   #2014
Jayesh87
You can't see me!
 
Jayesh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,953
They should bring Kane's mask back
Jayesh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 10:00 PM   #2015
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooltj View Post
WOW What a surprise Kane V taker! This has been done to death! Just shows how unoriginal the writers for WWE are and how limited they are! What a massive let down tO have it all build up and it ends up being taker v Kane AGAIN!

This was leaked about a month or so ago that it was Kane that attacked taker. Just more poor shit by the WWE!

Think i will stick to UFC!
You're right, it's lame and uninspired by the writers. No-one needs to see that feud again. Nexus should have been the ones to take out Undertaker. They've at least attempted to elevate a few, the likes of Miz and McIntyre. (Miz will be a top level heel for years) they have however dropped the ball a bit with SES and Dibiase and the Danielson thing was stoopid, although I half expect to see him tonight

UFC is the don though, Batista would get shredded going there, I'd hire him to humiliate him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayesh87 View Post
They should bring Kane's mask back
Kane's mask maybe he can get his wig back on too! Either that or revert to being Issac Yankem
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 10:51 PM   #2016
chrispy
Fagan
 
chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,259
I'm looking forward to this tonight. The last PPV I watched was Wrestlemania as I grew out of the wrestling phase a few years ago (just when the attitude era finished and the bored out of my fucking mind era started). My son just asked me if I want to watch it with him tonight and thought what the hell.
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 04:16 AM   #2017
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
For all the hype and build up of Summerslam, well just the main event, it sucked big time. Besides Daniel Bryan returning. Which was spoiled a mere hour before with WWE.com revealing he was on the Raw roster and releasing an exclusive story about his return. LOLZ.

Show opened with the IC title match which started slow and picked up fine with a good tempo until the Nexus made a surprise jumping of both guys and cut a small promo. Good-ish start although WWE showed that they don't care about the IC title anymore.

Alicia Fox vs Melina was crap. Both seriously can't wrestle and it wasn't helped with Melina being dressed like Big Bird from Sesame Street. She won the title. Laycool beat her up after the match. No one cared and there was no heat in this segment although Melina was acting a bit like Tommy Dreamer.

Big Show v SES. I made mention of the fact that the SES have looked like jobbers and they continued to do so however they protected CM Punk as he walked away whilst Mercury and Gallows were pinned. Weird match. NO BUYS

Sheamus v Randy Orton. I fucking hate DQ finishes in title matches on PPV. Makes no fucking sense at all. Orton played a very slow tempo match and Sheamus was marvellous in gaining heat from the crowd. NO BUYS

Kane v Rey Mysterio. Kane can't work. Mysterio needs a break. Not the longest title match which Kane won. There was a casket planted at ringside. Shocker - Undertaker was in it. Taker realised after the match it was Kane who made him a vegetable. However Kane got the tombstone on Taker. Cool finish.

Team WWE vs Nexus. Earlier, The Miz gave a promo which was Rock-esque. Unbelievably good where he proclaimed to join Team WWE. Cena rebuffed those ideas as the seventh member was Daniel Bryan. Match was a typical Survivor Series match. The weakest left early (Darren Young, Michael Tarver, Bret Hart) I was amazed by Hart's physical approach. It looks like Edge and Jericho will continue their feud with Cena after they beat on him. Anyway, Super Cena done his Hogan impression and won.
SUCKED.

Hated this PPV. TNA delivered a dead donkey of a PPV and WWE gave a returning Daniel Bryan. NO BUYS! Seriously.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 12:31 PM   #2018
MrMichael
The Pun Police
 
MrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,469
Sounds like I didn't miss much. Looking forward to catching a replay of last weeks Impact though, Guns v BM = MOTY? Angle - AJ is always good, and apparently there's some hilarious ending with the ECW crew getting blasted. Been trying not to spoil it for myself
__________________
I could not dig, I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 01:46 PM   #2019
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
For all the hype and build up of Summerslam, well just the main event, it sucked big time. Besides Daniel Bryan returning. Which was spoiled a mere hour before with WWE.com revealing he was on the Raw roster and releasing an exclusive story about his return. LOLZ.

Show opened with the IC title match which started slow and picked up fine with a good tempo until the Nexus made a surprise jumping of both guys and cut a small promo. Good-ish start although WWE showed that they don't care about the IC title anymore.

Alicia Fox vs Melina was crap. Both seriously can't wrestle and it wasn't helped with Melina being dressed like Big Bird from Sesame Street. She won the title. Laycool beat her up after the match. No one cared and there was no heat in this segment although Melina was acting a bit like Tommy Dreamer.

Big Show v SES. I made mention of the fact that the SES have looked like jobbers and they continued to do so however they protected CM Punk as he walked away whilst Mercury and Gallows were pinned. Weird match. NO BUYS

Sheamus v Randy Orton. I fucking hate DQ finishes in title matches on PPV. Makes no fucking sense at all. Orton played a very slow tempo match and Sheamus was marvellous in gaining heat from the crowd. NO BUYS

Kane v Rey Mysterio. Kane can't work. Mysterio needs a break. Not the longest title match which Kane won. There was a casket planted at ringside. Shocker - Undertaker was in it. Taker realised after the match it was Kane who made him a vegetable. However Kane got the tombstone on Taker. Cool finish.

Team WWE vs Nexus. Earlier, The Miz gave a promo which was Rock-esque. Unbelievably good where he proclaimed to join Team WWE. Cena rebuffed those ideas as the seventh member was Daniel Bryan. Match was a typical Survivor Series match. The weakest left early (Darren Young, Michael Tarver, Bret Hart) I was amazed by Hart's physical approach. It looks like Edge and Jericho will continue their feud with Cena after they beat on him. Anyway, Super Cena done his Hogan impression and won.
SUCKED.

Hated this PPV. TNA delivered a dead donkey of a PPV and WWE gave a returning Daniel Bryan. NO BUYS! Seriously.
I thought it was a good PPV, some nice suprises and a vey good main event.

Kane is past it, good for getting the new guys over and thats it. Hes not good enough to carry the company.

Daniel Bryan was very good, shown a lot of promise of things to come in the future. If only they could get him in a match with the undertaker or Orton.

Things are looking up for WWE in regards to the future, and i see the company in a transission period at the moment. Lots of new faces and a few old.....very old.

In a year it will be a totally different company with more than a few new faces in the main event
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 05:51 PM   #2020
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj
 
Leyton388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 25,861
And to think People pay the 15 PPV fee to watch this shit! I dont mind watching it on sky sports but when it comes to PPV they really should be pulling out all the stops to make them fantastic events.

Plus the Taker being a veggie is one of the worst stories i have ever seen in WWE history!
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 07:56 PM   #2021
chrispy
Fagan
 
chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooltj View Post
And to think People pay the 15 PPV fee to watch this shit! I dont mind watching it on sky sports but when it comes to PPV they really should be pulling out all the stops to make them fantastic events.

Plus the Taker being a veggie is one of the worst stories i have ever seen in WWE history!
Watching that PPV live last night made me realise why I ditched wrestling years ago, it sucked. If I had paid for that i'd be asking for my money back.
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 08:31 PM   #2022
johnly
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Watching that PPV live last night made me realise why I ditched wrestling years ago, it sucked. If I had paid for that i'd be asking for my money back.
It was pretty shocking. The Nexus run in during the opening match was a waste. The divas = meh, where was Maryese? At least she's uber hot.

Not sure where they're going with Punk but get him in with Danielson and watch em tear the house down.

Miz was awesome all night

Kane and Taker v4545645746554034 can't be arsed with it and Taker did not look steady on his feet

The Sheamus/Orton match was ok, the end was shit though

Main event was good. Bryan is over with the crowd. The result was a waste though. Nexus just had to win that match.

See what happens on Raw later
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 01:55 AM   #2023
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers
 
captainfog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30,717
Adam is the biggest Libertines fan in the world.
captainfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 04:05 AM   #2024
MrMichael
The Pun Police
 
MrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Watching that PPV live last night made me realise why I ditched wrestling years ago, it sucked. If I had paid for that i'd be asking for my money back.
Watch this. Simply awesome. Tag team match of..... well, forever.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgb0
http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgew
http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgi7

If you don't enjoy that then ditching it is the right thing.

That series could have gone on forever and not gotten old.
__________________
I could not dig, I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 08:51 AM   #2025
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooltj View Post
And to think People pay the 15 PPV fee to watch this shit! I dont mind watching it on sky sports but when it comes to PPV they really should be pulling out all the stops to make them fantastic events.

Plus the Taker being a veggie is one of the worst stories i have ever seen in WWE history!
This is why i stream them the next morning. I can provide a link next time there is a PPV if you guys want?
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 01:17 PM   #2026
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Watching that PPV live last night made me realise why I ditched wrestling years ago, it sucked. If I had paid for that i'd be asking for my money back.
Luckily I didn't pay for it. I've never paid for a PPV. Screw Vince!
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 01:18 PM   #2027
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post
Watch this. Simply awesome. Tag team match of..... well, forever.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgb0
http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgew
http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...videoId=xefgi7

If you don't enjoy that then ditching it is the right thing.

That series could have gone on forever and not gotten old.
Do you have the whole series of matches? I want to watch them in one go.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 01:46 PM   #2028
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Raw was designed to show that the Nexus can 'beat' team WWE however they manage to make them look like geeks as well.

Nexus came out and Barrett delivered a promo suggesting it was the beginning of the war. This really was a poorly scripted promo. Cena came out in horrible jokey mode and totally killed the tension and atmosphere. You'd think for a guy who's been in the industry for around ten years, he would have some flack and know this stuff doesn't cut the mustard. It's why no one will put him in that category with The Rock and Austin in post 90s great performers. He may be a company guy but he's surely got half a brain to tell the writers this shit doesn't stick with the fans. Anyway, mystery GM announced Nexus will fight in a series of matches against Team WWE and Nexus could pick their own opponents. Nexus bickered among each other and felt whoever lost their matches would be cut from the group.

Barrett went over clean against Jericho. At least Jericho is one guy you can rely upon to do a professional job. This one loss won't hurt him and will certainly propel Barrett a bit more. Wasn't the best of matches but served it's purpose.

Michael Tarver beat Daniel Bryan after a run in from The Miz. Michael Cole spent the entire match burying Bryan because he's a vegan and doesn't own a TV set. Anyway, Tarver didn't look strong and the focus shifted totally to the post match beat down by The Miz and his NXT rookie, Alex Riley who is a carbon copy of The Miz, on Bryan.

Justin Gabriel beat Randy Orton via countout. Another 'win' but Orton got protected as he gained his heat back with an RKO to Gabriel after the match. Bret Hart was scheduled to be Gabriel's opponent but realistically he can't do anything more than a minute. Mystery GM chose Orton instead. Orton was counted out as Sheamus came to ringside. After the match, Orton delivered a series of chair shots to the back of Sheamus and an RKO too. Orton as a face isn't as good as a heel. The finish again didn't achieve anything and took the spotlight away from Gabriel.

David Otunga and Skip Sheffield beat John Morrison and R. Truth in a convincing match where Otunga and especially Sheffield looked good.

Maryse, Jillian Hall and Alicia Fox beat Melina, Eve Torres and Gail Kim. I was surprised with the ending as Hall pinned Eve despite being worked on the most. It was your typical death spot match.

Heath Slater beat Edge via countout. Slater and Edge fought on the outside for some time, Edge set up for the spear but Slater ran into the ring and Edge was counted out. Edge delivered the spear on Slater at the end. Made Slater look completely stupid.

John Cena beat Black John Cena (Darren Young) He's the weakest from the group so it's understandable he would be kicked out of the Nexus. As long as they replace him with either the winner of season two of NXT or Daniel Bryan.

While the premise of the show was a good idea, the execution sucked after a Summerslam with shit finishes too. How hard is it to let some of the Nexus go over clean? It boosts their profile and it helps build the storyline and make it far more convincing to the audience that the Nexus are this terrifying group of young wrestlers. It showed that collectively they are a force but individually weak, while in truth this is correct, the WWE writers shouldn't be exploiting this if they are wanting to make business from the storyline.

Last edited by MrShawnMichaels; 17-08-10 at 01:49 PM.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 02:34 PM   #2029
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Raw was designed to show that the Nexus can 'beat' team WWE however they manage to make them look like geeks as well.

Nexus came out and Barrett delivered a promo suggesting it was the beginning of the war. This really was a poorly scripted promo. Cena came out in horrible jokey mode and totally killed the tension and atmosphere. You'd think for a guy who's been in the industry for around ten years, he would have some flack and know this stuff doesn't cut the mustard. It's why no one will put him in that category with The Rock and Austin in post 90s great performers. He may be a company guy but he's surely got half a brain to tell the writers this shit doesn't stick with the fans. Anyway, mystery GM announced Nexus will fight in a series of matches against Team WWE and Nexus could pick their own opponents. Nexus bickered among each other and felt whoever lost their matches would be cut from the group.

Barrett went over clean against Jericho. At least Jericho is one guy you can rely upon to do a professional job. This one loss won't hurt him and will certainly propel Barrett a bit more. Wasn't the best of matches but served it's purpose.

Michael Tarver beat Daniel Bryan after a run in from The Miz. Michael Cole spent the entire match burying Bryan because he's a vegan and doesn't own a TV set. Anyway, Tarver didn't look strong and the focus shifted totally to the post match beat down by The Miz and his NXT rookie, Alex Riley who is a carbon copy of The Miz, on Bryan.

Justin Gabriel beat Randy Orton via countout. Another 'win' but Orton got protected as he gained his heat back with an RKO to Gabriel after the match. Bret Hart was scheduled to be Gabriel's opponent but realistically he can't do anything more than a minute. Mystery GM chose Orton instead. Orton was counted out as Sheamus came to ringside. After the match, Orton delivered a series of chair shots to the back of Sheamus and an RKO too. Orton as a face isn't as good as a heel. The finish again didn't achieve anything and took the spotlight away from Gabriel.

David Otunga and Skip Sheffield beat John Morrison and R. Truth in a convincing match where Otunga and especially Sheffield looked good.

Maryse, Jillian Hall and Alicia Fox beat Melina, Eve Torres and Gail Kim. I was surprised with the ending as Hall pinned Eve despite being worked on the most. It was your typical death spot match.

Heath Slater beat Edge via countout. Slater and Edge fought on the outside for some time, Edge set up for the spear but Slater ran into the ring and Edge was counted out. Edge delivered the spear on Slater at the end. Made Slater look completely stupid.

John Cena beat Black John Cena (Darren Young) He's the weakest from the group so it's understandable he would be kicked out of the Nexus. As long as they replace him with either the winner of season two of NXT or Daniel Bryan.

While the premise of the show was a good idea, the execution sucked after a Summerslam with shit finishes too. How hard is it to let some of the Nexus go over clean? It boosts their profile and it helps build the storyline and make it far more convincing to the audience that the Nexus are this terrifying group of young wrestlers. It showed that collectively they are a force but individually weak, while in truth this is correct, the WWE writers shouldn't be exploiting this if they are wanting to make business from the storyline.
Ive got a feeling that the Nexus will pick the "Best of the NXT2" rookies. Keep the stable stong and large enough to have enough members. Id like to see them move into a stronger faction with more numbers, and them move to dominate Smackdown too. Have Barrett strong leader and the rest as his capable soldiers. Nothing like NWO mind. WWE has never had a force try and take control of it, could be exciting. The possibilities are endless
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 04:19 PM   #2030
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,950
Who the hell is this Illegal John Cena look alike
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 05:25 PM   #2031
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj
 
Leyton388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 25,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This is why i stream them the next morning. I can provide a link next time there is a PPV if you guys want?
Yeah that would be good mate
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 06:08 PM   #2032
Gibbo
Like a boss
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26,211
Wwe is either really good or really bad, sometimes its just obvious were the story is going to go and there are no real surprises. For example, Bryant re-joining as a member of team wwe was something I thought was going to happen right from when the whole team wwe idea came to light. He was my first thought and my second was triple H maybe making a surprise return as one of the team. But I'm also certain that triple H's return will be something to do with sheamus or IMO they would have given randy orton the title at summerslam. It wouldn't suprise me if that at night of champions triple H makes an appearance or maybe even main events. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was the 'mystery general manager'

Also, I don't mind john cena its clear that he works hard for the cause and its rightfully him orton and triple H as the three top wrestlers in the company. But he needs a new lease on his career, maybe a heel change is definitely needed as mentioned earlier in the thread, it would really re-balance his career and open up a whole host of new storylines for him. Also IMO they need to make him slightly more dominant in some matches because his matches all seem to go the same way

Comes out
Takes a beating
Delivers a back drop
Five knuckle shuffle
Attitude adjustment (will either land or be reversed)
If reversed cena will take another beating
Cena will then either lose or win by the stf

It would be nice to see sometimes, mainly leading up to ppv's or rivalries for cena to take some control and hit a role of dominance, in a similar way that randy orton does.
__________________
The times they are a changin'.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 06:14 PM   #2033
MrMichael
The Pun Police
 
MrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Do you have the whole series of matches? I want to watch them in one go.
Lets see.... yeah, here you go (have to include the initial title match too).

Victory Road - BM (c) v MCMG - link 1 ( from ~09.55), link 2
Best of 5 (1) Ladder match - link (from ~2.30)
Best of 5 (2) Street Fight - link (from ~6.30)
Best of 5 (3) Steel Cage - link (from ~1.00)
Best of 5 (4) Ultimate X - link 1 (from ~0.45), link 2
Best of 5 (5) 3 Falls - link 1, link 2, link 3

Nothing will beat that feud all year. Taker - Michaels @ Mania and Angle - Anderson from Lockdown were both 5* individual matches (for different reasons), but as a series that was the nuts, and easily the best tag wrestling since Hardys/E&C/Dudleys. I'd go as far as to say, on reflection, the best I've ever seen in the modern style.

Enjoy
__________________
I could not dig, I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 10:03 PM   #2034
chrispy
Fagan
 
chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Luckily I didn't pay for it. I've never paid for a PPV. Screw Vince!
That's how I feel mate. What made it worse was I watched it in HD which made it all the more painful. I had a huge barny with my son over the fact he reckons Orton is brilliant but he wasn't a patch on his old man (Cowboy Bob) who I had the privilege of seeing live years ago. This new breed are not a fucking patch on the old school guys like Piper, Valentine, Gagne etc.

The best match i've ever seen still to this day was Roddy Piper V's Greg Valentine in a dog collar match Both those guys could sell you anything back in the day and back then they had to develop their characters. Nowadays it's a couple of months in the lower leagues and if you'r built like a brick shithouse and Pat patterson wants to slip you one you're in. Vince should be removed from the developmental and creative process' coz he hasn't got a fucking clue, neither have the Hollywood script writers who he employs.

God I miss ECW and Paul Heyman.
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-10, 11:45 PM   #2035
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
That's how I feel mate. What made it worse was I watched it in HD which made it all the more painful. I had a huge barny with my son over the fact he reckons Orton is brilliant but he wasn't a patch on his old man (Cowboy Bob) who I had the privilege of seeing live years ago. This new breed are not a fucking patch on the old school guys like Piper, Valentine, Gagne etc.

The best match i've ever seen still to this day was Roddy Piper V's Greg Valentine in a dog collar match Both those guys could sell you anything back in the day and back then they had to develop their characters. Nowadays it's a couple of months in the lower leagues and if you'r built like a brick shithouse and Pat patterson wants to slip you one you're in. Vince should be removed from the developmental and creative process' coz he hasn't got a fucking clue, neither have the Hollywood script writers who he employs.

God I miss ECW and Paul Heyman.
Cowboy Bob was a good worker but he was fucking awful in the ring. Great heel though.

Verne Gagne? How old are you? He stopped wrestling in the early 80s when he was running the AWA.

That Piper v Valentine was in WCW (or NWA) right? Not a fan of dog collar matches. Reminds me of the old blindfold match between Rick Martel and Jake the Snake in Wrestlemania VII

The problem with development is that there are no more territories left. In Vince Snr's time, you had all the different states part of the NWA, who sometimes shared their talent but got a lot of time to work in front of crowds. The WWE have FCW which is meh, not a patch on OVW and you have a gulf of indy companies, whose wrestling style is shoddy. ROH have been on a roll recently but they're hardly a big group.

Speaking of ROH, I know Mr Michael's a huge fan, are you watching Glory by Honor IX? World's Greatest Tag Team reunion
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 04:38 AM   #2037
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
If you have a spare one and half hours to listen to the bloody genius Paul Heyman, watch this interview

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/1...the-mma-world/

Scroll down to watch the video. You can also download from iTunes.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 08:58 AM   #2038
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
If you have a spare one and half hours to listen to the bloody genius Paul Heyman, watch this interview

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/1...the-mma-world/

Scroll down to watch the video. You can also download from iTunes.
Heyman is no longer relevent in todays Sport Entertainment era, he made money and drew crowds 10 years ago. But the sort of thing he wants to do again, he did in the past. Dont get me wrong, people loved it, i loved it! But its time to move on, same with all this ECW crap in TNA. Its in the past, memories are that for a reason.

He is/was a genius though. Dont know how up to pace he will be today though
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 01:43 PM   #2039
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan
 
MrShawnMichaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Heyman is no longer relevent in todays Sport Entertainment era, he made money and drew crowds 10 years ago. But the sort of thing he wants to do again, he did in the past. Dont get me wrong, people loved it, i loved it! But its time to move on, same with all this ECW crap in TNA. Its in the past, memories are that for a reason.

He is/was a genius though. Dont know how up to pace he will be today though
He constantly reiterates in that interview that pro wrestling is failing at the moment. Both WWE and TNA haven't grasped what is current and their falling PPV numbers reflect that. He wants to be involved in MMA, in or with. He doesn't know yet. If you want 90 mins of sheer master class, watch/listen to this. Although Heyman has a rep of getting people to eat from the palm of his hand.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 02:11 PM   #2040
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
He constantly reiterates in that interview that pro wrestling is failing at the moment. Both WWE and TNA haven't grasped what is current and their falling PPV numbers reflect that. He wants to be involved in MMA, in or with. He doesn't know yet. If you want 90 mins of sheer master class, watch/listen to this. Although Heyman has a rep of getting people to eat from the palm of his hand.
Disagree on this point. PPV numbers are no mark of how well the company is doing. People pick and choose there PPV's now, or watch them in groups.

WWE is making more money now than 10 years ago (Before that was the attitude era), based on people like John Cena and Rey Mysterio.

Kids want parents to spend money. Adults and teens don't spend as much on merchandise. WWE know there market and are going for it guns blazing, hence this PG era we are currently in.

TNA on the other hand are trying to be all things to all people, which IMO is why there failing. They wanna be Indy and Mainstream and it just dont work. Plus there stories make less sense than an episode of Family Guy
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > General > General Sports

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.