It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 07-01-22, 04:47 PM   #6801
Pepe79
Shankly

Man City + Haaland. That ought to box the league off for the next 3 or 4 seasons or so.
Fun times.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 05:22 PM   #6802
S-RED
Shankly

literally no-one will be interested, will be like the AC Milan years in Italy everyone tuned out
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 05:42 PM   #6803
Pepe79
Shankly

They're already at that early/mid 90s AC Milan rate of title wins.

It'll be even worse than that, more like Juventus, PSG, Bayern decade long type total dominance.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 09:12 PM   #6804
ChesterDave
Paisley

Gone with the kids v Swindon
Old 07-01-22, 10:41 PM   #6805
SB
Paisley

Hardly , theyíve still got Debruyne Gundogan Jesus Silva, Cancelo Rodri Ake Walker Dias starting lol
Old 12-01-22, 06:50 PM   #6806
Irishnev
Paisley

Clubs haemorrhaging money during the pandemic...... not City - they actually made a profit!!!!!

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 07:09 PM   #6807
S-RED
Shankly

just about to post this............ absolutely giving no fucks to rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59970354

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak says the club can "look forward to the future with confidence" after recording a profit of £2.4m for 2020-21.

The figure, which covers the year from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021, contrasts with a £126m loss in the previous year.

Khaldoon said at the time City would "return to profitability".

"But thanks to the strength of our foundation work and the collective achievements of so many over the last decade, we can all look to the future with confidence, knowing our trajectory continues firmly in line with our plans."

In their annual report, City say they are now the fourth most valuable brand in European football, trailing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United, but exceeding Bayern Munich.
Old 12-01-22, 07:31 PM   #6808
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Keeping a usually empty stadium closed probably helped to be fair! Or even having to pay people to attend...
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:24 PM   #6809
ChesterDave
Paisley

Surely they are worth a fraction of that. When a buyer comes in and finds out 50% of the player remuneration is from a different company where they act as ambassador to the UAE bus drivers federation or some nonsense like that
Old 13-01-22, 10:07 AM   #6810
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Surely they are worth a fraction of that. When a buyer comes in and finds out 50% of the player remuneration is from a different company where they act as ambassador to the UAE bus drivers federation or some nonsense like that
Why would they sell? They've bought a club to promote UAE and park itself as a force in football. They've achieved it by cheating and will continue to without prejudice.
Old 13-01-22, 10:16 AM   #6811
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Why would they sell? They've bought a club to promote UAE and park itself as a force in football. They've achieved it by cheating and will continue to without prejudice.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #6812
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Yup. So much of their revenue comes from within its a joke. Their tills may ring more than most but their support is still miniscule compared to the big clubs.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #6813
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Yup. So much of their revenue comes from within its a joke. Their tills may ring more than most but their support is still miniscule compared to the big clubs.
They'll just be a top 4 club once Guardiola and De Bruyne leave.
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #6814
S-RED
Shankly

no they won't, they will spend, spend, spend, it will be never ending whilst they can do what they fucking want $$£$£$£ wise.

Caps need to be inplace or FFP adhered too or the EPL will be of no interest to anyone in ten years
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #6815
Irishnev
Paisley

This gives them the ability (ffp perspective) to go big this summer - Haaland being the obvious one...... I think he wouldn’t suit Pep’s style but he’d still score plenty

Last edited by Irishnev; Today at 08:59 AM.
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #6816
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
https://twitter.com/swissramble/stat...76582688026625

This gives them the ability (ffp perspective) to go big this summer - Haaland being the obvious one...... I think he wouldnít suit Pepís style but heíd still score plenty

He does not look a natural fit for how Pep likes his forwards to play ( Martinez at Inter looks like that perfect fit tbh for both a Pep team or a Klopp team) but then again Lewandowski did not look a natural fit for a Pep team either and he banged them in when Pep was managing Bayern.

Think some players are just too good to be fully curtailed by a manager's preferred playing system.

The English team and manager that I think would play the most to Haaland's strengths would be Chelsea under Tuchel imo. Chelsea create an awful lot of chances that a prolific main/lone striker like Haaland would gobble up, it is just that Chelsea at present have Werner and Lukaku fluffing loads of those chances.

Actually think if Chelsea had kept Tammy Abraham that he would have been better for how they now play than either of Werner or Lukaku.
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #6817
Charly
Dalglish

It does not give that much room based on that as they would have made a huge loss if they had not sold players. Certainly not enough to cover the fee and wages.

I have no doubt their accounts will "adapt " should they splash out. The agents fees will probably be paid in cocaine.
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #6818
Irishnev
Paisley

Old Today, 01:54 PM   #6819
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Pep's City
Pep's Bayern
Ivan Drago
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #6820
baitman
Daddy day care

I was speaking with an Irish guy who was staying in Liverpool at the weekend.
Him and his five mates went to see city v chelsea and managed to get six seats in a row, on the halfway line, opposite the dug outs, perfect position.
1st vs 2nd and the ground was half empty...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #6821
frank the tank
Shankly

i have a friend who's son plays for one of Citys underage teams. His sons coach practically begs him to take tickets to every home game. They played Arsenal last season and he couldn't go because they had a load of relatives up from London for the weekend. The coach was like "bring them along......how many are there??"

"Ehh....8 in total"

"No problem mate......."
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #6822
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
I was speaking with an Irish guy who was staying in Liverpool at the weekend.
Him and his five mates went to see city v chelsea and managed to get six seats in a row, on the halfway line, opposite the dug outs, perfect position.
1st vs 2nd and the ground was half empty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
i have a friend who's son plays for one of Citys underage teams. His sons coach practically begs him to take tickets to every home game. They played Arsenal last season and he couldn't go because they had a load of relatives up from London for the weekend. The coach was like "bring them along......how many are there??"

"Ehh....8 in total"

"No problem mate......."
Itís mad because I remember City always having great support, even when they dropped 2 divisions they filled out Maine Rd....... are the new fans bored with it
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #6823
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Itís mad because I remember City always having great support, even when they dropped 2 divisions they filled out Maine Rd....... are the new fans bored with it
ha ha good point..... maybe they had a generational stockholm syndrome...... they liked supporting a shite team!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:58 PM   #6824
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Pep's City
Pep's Bayern
Ivan Drago
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #6825
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
True, though Maine Road was 35k and now they are 55k. I reckon they still get the 35k they are just so bland and boring they cannot get any traction with new supporters.
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #6826
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
True, though Maine Road was 35k and now they are 55k. I reckon they still get the 35k they are just so bland and boring they cannot get any traction with new supporters.

There's a relatively small core fanbase - and they're struggling to attract people from outside of the Gtr Manchester area.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 PM   #6827
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
20k is a lot to a small fan base

est1892 > Football > General Football