It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-11-21, 06:12 PM   #5441
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 36,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
On the try, they don't even check for a suspect pass, ref takes out one of our tacklers too. Jantjies and de Allende shocking, but still. Were never going to get favours in this game. England will take it, but not really fair, as per usual.
Rassie?

I think in general the standard of reffing in rugby is pretty good (not Wayne Barnes) you guys play right on the edge and win some tight calls and also lose some.

Good game and tight tbh you are always and think always will be a tough game due to the style; not a fan of it but itís bloody effective and youíre very good at playing that way
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 06:13 PM   #5442
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,485
I can see the headlines on the next game at Twickenham already. "South Africa haven't won here for a million years, England are so dominant there" when they've legitimately won 30% of recent matches. I wouldn't usually care, but this rankles after the WR verdict.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 06:27 PM   #5443
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Nah, you were winning pens throughout the second half. About ten to two by my reckoning. England barely won anything (deservedly) until the last few mins. Pollard butchered a couple of kickable ones that would have given control and Etzebeth blew that line break. The only grumble you can have is that perhaps the yellow should have been issued earlier, and the yellow on Kolisi was harsh.

Great match though.
Pollard isn't clinical enough for me, he hasn't had his kicking boots on all season, reason we lost all of the matches this season. Was horrendous against Australia.

Those are my main points of contention which would have changed the direction of the game though. Kolisi hug in slow motion, a yellow, come to expect it, but when do we get those? Based on recent decisions in the north, that's a high tackle and yellow/red everyday and you best believe that if a man in green did that it'd have been a penalised every time. 2 overlapping yelllows would have been critical. In the second half, England were legitimately being called as they were knocking on just about every high ball and were offside the majority of the time among other infringements, the ref could not not call them.

Anyway, it is what it is. Think this is a fixture I'll stop watching because it's wound me up so much over the years. Seasons over on a typical sour note, ruining a gruelling season which would've been great, now it's a just pass on paper. Hopefully the football goes better...
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 07:22 PM   #5444
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Pollard isn't clinical enough for me, he hasn't had his kicking boots on all season, reason we lost all of the matches this season. Was horrendous against Australia.

Those are my main points of contention which would have changed the direction of the game though. Kolisi hug in slow motion, a yellow, come to expect it, but when do we get those? Based on recent decisions in the north, that's a high tackle and yellow/red everyday and you best believe that if a man in green did that it'd have been a penalised every time. 2 overlapping yelllows would have been critical. In the second half, England were legitimately being called as they were knocking on just about every high ball and were offside the majority of the time among other infringements, the ref could not not call them.

Anyway, it is what it is. Think this is a fixture I'll stop watching because it's wound me up so much over the years. Seasons over on a typical sour note, ruining a gruelling season which would've been great, now it's a just pass on paper. Hopefully the football goes better...
Ah mate, at least you got to watch your country beat them in a WC Final!!!

I agree though, watching your country play England is always....... emotional. England have some cracking players right now, so dont need any favours, though the ref was punishing them the accumulation of yellows was getting ridiculous.

Was another stodgy performance from us today. Solid in the scrum and maul which won us the game, but we couldn't get any front foot ball which didn't make for much of a spectacle. Hogg now our record try scorer and he has been immense all autumn. 3 wins and a defeat to SA and it doesn't feel like an amazing series of games, which is testament to how far we have come, but I think we expect more.

Japan are amazing to watch. They run everything. They need proper games though and I think should be included into the Rugby Championship to enable them to develop.

We've got England next up in Feb. Interestingly poised. New England, running the ball a bit more with a sensational squad of players so we will have to be at our very, very best.

I haven't even responded to your Scotland v SA response yet Zap!
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 09:42 PM   #5445
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
I can’t remember the last time Wales played a full match against 15 men.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 05:31 PM   #5446
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Another superb win for us vs Argentina (53-7) and we rotated heavily. The 6 Nations is going to be super competitive
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 05:50 PM   #5447
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Another superb win for us vs Argentina (53-7) and we rotated heavily. The 6 Nations is going to be super competitive
You just pulled back from saying a piece of cake

I watched the France NZ highlights (on Prime) France looked excellent. Agreed though, as ever, the 6Ns is one of the toughest competitions to win in sport.

Italy must be dreading it. They donít even get near us these days.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 06:35 PM   #5448
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
You just pulled back from saying a piece of cake

I watched the France NZ highlights (on Prime) France looked excellent. Agreed though, as ever, the 6Ns is one of the toughest competitions to win in sport.

Italy must be dreading it. They donít even get near us these days.
France are favs
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-21, 01:52 PM   #5449
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Ah mate, at least you got to watch your country beat them in a WC Final!!!

I agree though, watching your country play England is always....... emotional. England have some cracking players right now, so dont need any favours, though the ref was punishing them the accumulation of yellows was getting ridiculous.

Was another stodgy performance from us today. Solid in the scrum and maul which won us the game, but we couldn't get any front foot ball which didn't make for much of a spectacle. Hogg now our record try scorer and he has been immense all autumn. 3 wins and a defeat to SA and it doesn't feel like an amazing series of games, which is testament to how far we have come, but I think we expect more.

Japan are amazing to watch. They run everything. They need proper games though and I think should be included into the Rugby Championship to enable them to develop.

We've got England next up in Feb. Interestingly poised. New England, running the ball a bit more with a sensational squad of players so we will have to be at our very, very best.

I haven't even responded to your Scotland v SA response yet Zap!
Twice

Couldn't bare to look at any rugby media until mid-week, was furious about it. Have to take it on the chin, wouldn't have cared if it was any other team but it's so fucking typical. Play England, get robbed and then suddenly we're the bitter and twisted ones, they're the biggest fucking moaners in the world in any sport and if half of that happened to them it would be the apocalypse. I see a lot of Bok fans made a lot of content circulating on Youtube about reffing inconsistencies but it's not going to change and we might as well accept it.

The south vs north officiating is different too and something needs to be done about it. We want to preserve the spectacle as much as possible where up there it's all about petty bullshit. I honestly get so frustrated by it but it's set in stone now. I think sometimes common sense should prevail.

Agree about Japan, they play a unique style and will be successful with it if they persevere. It won't happen over night but they've made huge strides already. They do however need to find a way of navigating the physical side better so they don't get beaten up and end up losing purely because of that.

I don't think they should join the Rugby Championship because they'll get beaten (and beaten up) every week. They're not ready. I do think something with the Pacific Island nations could work well. Obviously the physical disparity would still exist, but the skills on offer would possibly be the best in the world. I think they could learn form each other and possibly put on build something for both to be more competitive against better teams.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 07:07 PM   #5450
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Edinburgh beat Saracens



Away!
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 09:23 AM   #5451
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Edinburgh beat Saracens



Away!
Stuck in quarantine and isolated from the rest of the family means I have more time on my hands

I saw some of the Leinster game - had it on while watching Liverpool. When they were at it they were formidable - that front row is ridiculous. I also watched Ulsterís win away to Clermont and will obviously watch Munster today - they are missing half a side due to Covid from their tour to ZA but Iím excited to see some of the new breed get a chance. I also saw a Finn Russell masterclass highlights from Friday evening.

I noticed the Edinburgh result and will probably watch plenty of highlights today
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 11:32 AM   #5452
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Same, I will catch up on the highlights today. I was out last night and am absolutely hanging today.

Was good to see Leinster lose to Ulster the other week…! I also watched Harlequins Leicester and it was the first bad game I’ve seen from Marcus Smith. He got carded and was far less influential than usual will be interesting to see if he can bounce back

I also watched Racing v Northampton and Finn Russell was at his best as you say, when they play well (and they haven’t been) that Racing team is sensational.

I’ve no idea what the format is for the European competitions this year? Mini leagues and then play offs?
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 11:49 AM   #5453
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Same, I will catch up on the highlights today. I was out last night and am absolutely hanging today.

Was good to see Leinster lose to Ulster the other weekÖ! I also watched Harlequins Leicester and it was the first bad game Iíve seen from Marcus Smith. He got carded and was far less influential than usual will be interesting to see if he can bounce back

I also watched Racing v Northampton and Finn Russell was at his best as you say, when they play well (and they havenít been) that Racing team is sensational.

Iíve no idea what the format is for the European competitions this year? Mini leagues and then play offs?
I think itís 4 Ďgroupí games and only one comes out? I know people were saying there was zero margin for error. I donít get the big table but though where they are all lumped together - Iím sure it will make sense as I get into it

Re your hangover
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 12:02 PM   #5454
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I think it’s 4 ‘group’ games and only one comes out? I know people were saying there was zero margin for error. I don’t get the big table but though where they are all lumped together - I’m sure it will make sense as I get into it

Re your hangover


Beer, wine and stupidly a whisky for the road.

How is your COVID going? Have you been badly affected by it?
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 01:43 PM   #5455
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


Beer, wine and stupidly a whisky for the road.

How is your COVID going? Have you been badly affected by it?
Thursday and Friday were like a bad flu - in and out of bed, high temp but not too high (max 38) and aches + the usual coughing/sneezing. Yesterday temp was almost normal and I was more mobile. Today temp is good but am super congested. Losing taste is the weirdest bit.

My wife isnít vaccinated, her choice and she had actually come round to going to get it and this happened. The kids arenít either as they are 8 and 10 so I am worried for them. I am fully isolated - in our bedroom which thankfully is en suite. If I leave here they move away and I wear a mask - separate cup/plate/cutlery etc.

We have a good support structure so are getting food brought and other stuff we need. The kids will be online schooling from tomorrow and Iíll go back to work in a reduced capacity to overcome boredom. The police call here every day and we have to present ourselves - they mix it up with timing also

The timing is shit this close to Christmas and their quarantine is longer than mine so it means a big dash the last few days to get final bits and pieces done. What can you do but suck it up and get on with it.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 06:13 PM   #5456
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Unbelievable win from Munster with 30+ players missing due to Covid issues from touring ZA. A bonus point with a load of academy lads away from home - wow. Shockingly harsh red for Wasps was a huge factor
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 11:45 PM   #5457
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Thursday and Friday were like a bad flu - in and out of bed, high temp but not too high (max 38) and aches + the usual coughing/sneezing. Yesterday temp was almost normal and I was more mobile. Today temp is good but am super congested. Losing taste is the weirdest bit.

My wife isn’t vaccinated, her choice and she had actually come round to going to get it and this happened. The kids aren’t either as they are 8 and 10 so I am worried for them. I am fully isolated - in our bedroom which thankfully is en suite. If I leave here they move away and I wear a mask - separate cup/plate/cutlery etc.

We have a good support structure so are getting food brought and other stuff we need. The kids will be online schooling from tomorrow and I’ll go back to work in a reduced capacity to overcome boredom. The police call here every day and we have to present ourselves - they mix it up with timing also

The timing is shit this close to Christmas and their quarantine is longer than mine so it means a big dash the last few days to get final bits and pieces done. What can you do but suck it up and get on with it.
Yeah the timing is pretty shit, though at least you should be free for Christmas, there are so many people coming dow with it now.

I wouldnt know what to say if my wife didnt take the vaccine it is so obviously important.

Loads of the elements of your isolation sound amazing tbf, just locked away and watching sport uninterupted just the virus ruining it.

I watched the Glasgow game and the Harlequins game and saw the Munster trys. It was a great weekend to show the strength of the much maligned URC. Wins for Munster, Leinster, Connacht, Ulster and Edinburgh.
__________________
Create a memory

Last edited by Buzzo; 12-12-21 at 11:48 PM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 11:50 PM   #5458
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48,995
Full box of tricks from Finn on Friday.

__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-21, 11:32 AM   #5459
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,932
Munster and Wasps has almost 60 players between them missing but played. Leinster picked 12 internationals and it’s forfeited - bizarre

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > General > General Sports

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.