It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 05-01-22, 11:08 AM   #10321
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
lmao my brain honestly can't compute how much of a bellend this man is

He lacks any self awareness. Approaches it all as if he was Pele in his career, and that his opinion is now regarded as such.
Old 05-01-22, 11:39 AM   #10322
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

He lacks any self awareness. Approaches it all as if he was Pele in his career, and that his opinion is now regarded as such.

It feels like more than that though...like...how can he be SUCH a bellend? It defies belief
Old 05-01-22, 03:35 PM   #10323
Harv
Randy Marsh

Ratinho going to Villa it seems?

Thought he'd be an absolute banker for Newcastle

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 04:50 PM   #10324
frank the tank
Shankly

If Newcastle fancied spending 15m on Oxlade, then I could see Coutinho back at LFC for a loan stint
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 04:31 AM   #10325
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Haha cunts
Old 07-01-22, 07:36 AM   #10326
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterbloke View Post
Wow - what a drop for him
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 08:36 AM   #10327
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Wow - what a drop for him
It's a fake, no?

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 09:37 AM   #10328
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
It's a fake, no?

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk
It got me
Old 07-01-22, 09:42 AM   #10329
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

This is real though

Old 07-01-22, 09:43 AM   #10330
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
It got me
Old 07-01-22, 09:48 AM   #10331
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I find his decline amazing tbh. Left us just before we became properly amazing, and joined Barca just as they turned to shit. Unlucky, but I still think he has a hell of a lot to offer at only 29. Whatever about the way he left, but he was some player for us.
Old 07-01-22, 09:50 AM   #10332
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Big drop in standard for him but I can see the appeal of the PL plus Gerrard getting a tune out of him for the rest of the season... Might be a shrewd signing for Villa. It's also the sort of thing Rodgers would do though.
Tribute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:03 AM   #10333
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Big drop in standard for him but I can see the appeal of the PL plus Gerrard getting a tune out of him for the rest of the season... Might be a shrewd signing for Villa. It's also the sort of thing Rodgers would do though.

Would it be though?

It not like he was a stand out player anywhere since leaving us. He had a bit of a purple patch in terms of goal scoring whilst on Loan at Bayern but even then he was generally just used as a sub and was not putting in many good performances.

He has basically spent the peak years of his career looking a shadow of the player he was with us and for whatever reasons looking very much below the level needed for a top club.

Would see him going to Villa as being similar to Rodriquez going to Everton. Might get off to a bright start but then reminding everyone why no big clubs were after him.
Old 07-01-22, 10:06 AM   #10334
spud_gun
Paisley

love it.

Never forget he essentially went on strike in order to force through his Barca move.

Unforgivable imo
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:20 AM   #10335
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
love it.

Never forget he essentially went on strike in order to force through his Barca move.

Unforgivable imo

And don't forget the crap about how he and his family needed the better weather of Spain.

And now on the cusp of returning to the famed mediterranean climate of Birmingham.
Old 07-01-22, 10:40 AM   #10336
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Confirmed to Villa. Option to buy. A coup for them.
Old 07-01-22, 10:44 AM   #10337
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I think its a good move for him (Obvs a massive drop in standard) and, a definitely a massive coup for Villa. As Stevie has developed into a pretty decent manager I can see him getting the best of of Phil.

You'd have to imagine he has turned Newcastle down as well. No way they would not have been in for him.
Old 07-01-22, 10:58 AM   #10338
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
I think its a good move for him (Obvs a massive drop in standard) and, a definitely a massive coup for Villa. As Stevie has developed into a pretty decent manager I can see him getting the best of of Phil.

You'd have to imagine he has turned Newcastle down as well. No way they would not have been in for him.

Don't get how he is a massive coup.

Barca getting him from us was a coup for Barca as they were getting a then most admire player who seemed to be coming into his peak, but as things stand Coutinho is a player that was unwanted by his own club and by the looks of things unwanted by any of the big clubs in any of the major leagues.

So basically Villa have gotten a player who had an earned reputation of being really good four or five years ago but that no club of note wanted now in 2022.

Do agree it is a good move from the player's pov though. He will probably get gametime and a chance to redeem himself from a playing side of things without the sort of pressure that would come at a club chasing silverware.

In terms of a coup think it is on par with the afore mentioned comment of Everton getting Rodriquez. A once high level performer now only sought by midtable teams.

Fully expect Sky to hype it the way they hyped Ronaldo going back to the Mancs and treat it like someone like Haaland or Mbappe was arriving.
Old 07-01-22, 11:27 AM   #10339
wiw
Paisley

Do we have Villa coming up? You just know what'll happen
Old 07-01-22, 11:30 AM   #10340
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Do we have Villa coming up? You just know what'll happen

We play them in April. Plenty of time for Coutinho to have a little early bounce in form and then go back to his crap form
Old 07-01-22, 11:38 AM   #10341
frank the tank
Shankly

I am surprised that for a loan move we didn't go for it. Could have played as back up midfielder or attacker. Especially if Origi was sold too.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 11:41 AM   #10342
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I am surprised that for a loan move we didn't go for it. Could have played as back up midfielder or attacker. Especially if Origi was sold too.
The wee cunt went on strike in order to force a move the last time he was here.

Why in fucks name would you want him back?
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 11:41 AM   #10343
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

We should have been all over that on loan.

Villa are consistently spending more than us.
Old 07-01-22, 11:49 AM   #10344
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
We play them in April. Plenty of time for Coutinho to have a little early bounce in form and then go back to his crap form
Phew
Old 07-01-22, 12:23 PM   #10345
baitman
Daddy day care

Did he ever get over his phantom back injury, because i never did

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 12:33 PM   #10346
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
And don't forget the crap about how he and his family needed the better weather of Spain.

And now on the cusp of returning to the famed mediterranean climate of Birmingham.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 12:55 PM   #10347
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Don't get how he is a massive coup.

Barca getting him from us was a coup for Barca as they were getting a then most admire player who seemed to be coming into his peak, but as things stand Coutinho is a player that was unwanted by his own club and by the looks of things unwanted by any of the big clubs in any of the major leagues.

So basically Villa have gotten a player who had an earned reputation of being really good four or five years ago but that no club of note wanted now in 2022.

Do agree it is a good move from the player's pov though. He will probably get gametime and a chance to redeem himself from a playing side of things without the sort of pressure that would come at a club chasing silverware.

In terms of a coup think it is on par with the afore mentioned comment of Everton getting Rodriquez. A once high level performer now only sought by midtable teams.

Fully expect Sky to hype it the way they hyped Ronaldo going back to the Mancs and treat it like someone like Haaland or Mbappe was arriving.
...think it's more of a coup for those middle of the table teams, as you say he didn't spike any interest in the big six - or enough interest to take him as an option. If Gerrard can get a half decent standard out of him, it'll be good for Villa's ability to attract a step up in quality from what they've been used to. He's by no means anywhere near the player we sold but he's still better than most of what Villa currently have... McGinn, maybe Watkins aside.
Old 07-01-22, 01:07 PM   #10348
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
...think it's more of a coup for those middle of the table teams, as you say he didn't spike any interest in the big six - or enough interest to take him as an option. If Gerrard can get a half decent standard out of him, it'll be good for Villa's ability to attract a step up in quality from what they've been used to. He's by no means anywhere near the player we sold but he's still better than most of what Villa currently have... McGinn, maybe Watkins aside.

I suppose you could say it is a coup for a mid table team, but then again he has looked, in recent seasons, the sort of player that would be a gamble for a mid table team let alone a better team.

I do wonder how his work rate, or rather that of recent seasons, will translate to playing again in the Premer league. Villa are a pretty hard working team with not a lot of scope for carrying passengers and Coutinho is not exactly a hard worker if used in an AM or CM slot.

Really do not know if he is a lot better than a lot of what Villa currently have. Some years back I would have said that he is without a doubt but four or so years of mostly mediocre performances and low workrate has me wondering if he is indeed still a lot better than what they have or is he like a number of the current Villa team and looks a hell of a lot better on paper than on the pitch.

His patch of goals for Bayern seemed to come when he was bring brought on as a sub, along with some starts, in an inverted winger role on the left side.

Then again he is not a star player anymore or a high level performer anymore so he probably should be judged by the standards of a top player but rather those of a mid table or lower player.
Old 07-01-22, 02:24 PM   #10349
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Its easy to be dismissive, but Villa fans mst be pretty psyched about seeing what he can do.

A new signing from Barca, with the potential to be a great player again. Good times for a team that almost got relegated a couple of seasons ago. Plus of all the mid table teams he chose them. Its a big win for Stevie, because no way was Dean Smith convincing Phil.

For it to be a success, yeah, that is up in the air, and down to Stevie 'n Phil, but he could replace grealish for them.
Old 07-01-22, 02:26 PM   #10350
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

He's better than Grealish. Grealish out for £100m and Coutinho in for free (for now - and less than half his Barca wage) strikes me as a ruddy good deal
Old 07-01-22, 02:30 PM   #10351
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
He's better than Grealish. Grealish out for £100m and Coutinho in for free (for now - and less than half his Barca wage) strikes me as a ruddy good deal

I reckon Stevie will re-light the fire in Phil. It didnt work out for him at Barca, but that had to in part be down to him having to fit in around Messi.
Old 07-01-22, 05:15 PM   #10352
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:

I reckon Stevie will re-light the fire in Phil. It didnt work out for him at Barca, but that had to in part be down to him having to fit in around Messi.
Talk about Villa going all in for Bissouma as well... what a window that would be for them! (Assuming Bissouma's not banged up for assault)
Old 07-01-22, 05:26 PM   #10353
S-RED
Shankly

& back from Afcon unscathed.

Actually i think that link is bullshit; they are struggling with FFP due to their spending ( i know they got 100mill for alice band boy) but was listening to a villa podcast contributor on TAW & he was concerned by the limitations on spending stevie G will have due to FFP.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 06:42 PM   #10354
Exiled_red
Paisley

Are we still assuming that FFP is being enforced?
Old 07-01-22, 07:27 PM   #10355
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Are we still assuming that FFP is being enforced?
But.....but...... but they just signed two LEGITIMATE non UAE related sponsorship deals and according to Pep they sold a bunch of youth players....... and they amazingly got double their money for Ferrarn Torres from bankrupt Barca. They stink and itís only a matter of time they turn the English league like Germany and France

Only Newcastle (in time) and possibly if United get their shit together will stop them. Even Chelsea canít live with them
Old 07-01-22, 08:16 PM   #10356
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:58 PM   #10357
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
But.....but...... but they just signed two LEGITIMATE non UAE related sponsorship deals and according to Pep they sold a bunch of youth players....... and they amazingly got double their money for Ferrarn Torres from bankrupt Barca. They stink and itís only a matter of time they turn the English league like Germany and France

Only Newcastle (in time) and possibly if United get their shit together will stop them. Even Chelsea canít live with them

Think it could be said that they already have. Had we not won the title the season before last then City would be chasing five titles in a row this season.

As things stand if they win it this season then that is four out of the last five and six out of the last ten. From a club that prior to that last won a title in 1968.
Old 07-01-22, 11:05 PM   #10358
SB
Paisley

Yeah without anyone enforcing FFP it’s become a bloody joke. Even Roman can’t compete with the levels of corruption we see at City.
Old 08-01-22, 09:26 AM   #10359
Exiled_red
Paisley

Are the PL still investigating City over FFP or has that been dropped?
Old 08-01-22, 02:04 PM   #10360
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Butland lol

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football