It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 08-01-22, 02:05 PM   #10361
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,705
Jack Butland showing why he’s only played five senior games in eighteen months. He’s turned into Karius…. What a mare. Was a special talent when he was younger. Talk about a fall from grace…
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 05:31 PM   #10362
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,515
I do like the Arsenal white shirt they are sporting for knife crime
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 08:03 PM   #10363
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace
 
Slinky Skills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,410
Lol at Arsenal and Arteta the Lego head!
__________________
Klopp on LFC vs MUFC (March 9th 2016) - "This is why I love football. This is why we watched it when we were young. I can still not have enough of it."


Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 08:39 PM   #10364
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Draw in full

Crystal Palace v Hartlepool United

Bournemouth v Boreham Wood

Huddersfield Town v Barnsley

Peterborough United v Queens Park Rangers

Cambridge United v Luton Town

Southampton v Coventry City

Chelsea v Plymouth Argyle

Everton v Brentford

Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United

Manchester United/Aston Villa v Middlesbrough

Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton and Hove Albion

Liverpool v Cardiff City

Stoke City v Wigan Athletic

Nottingham Forest v Leicester City

Manchester City v Fulham

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Norwich City
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 09:31 PM   #10365
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
Fosterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 36,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Draw in full

Crystal Palace v Hartlepool United - Palace

Bournemouth v Boreham Wood - Bournemouth

Huddersfield Town v Barnsley - Barnsley

Peterborough United v Queens Park Rangers - QPR

Cambridge United v Luton Town - Cambridge

Southampton v Coventry City - Southampton

Chelsea v Plymouth Argyle - Chelsea

Everton v Brentford - Brentford

Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United - West Ham

Manchester United/Aston Villa v Middlesbrough - Man Utd

Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton and Hove Albion - Spurs

Liverpool v Cardiff City - Liverpool

Stoke City v Wigan Athletic - Stoke

Nottingham Forest v Leicester City - Leicester

Manchester City v Fulham - Man City

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Norwich City - Wolves
100% guarantee that Man City will face Barnsley, QPR or Cambridge in the next round.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
Fosterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 09:50 PM   #10366
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272
Really struggling to understand football.... Leicester play against Watford yesterday with full team but then call off tuesdays game. Another fucked up season
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 09:52 PM   #10367
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Draw in full

Crystal Palace v Hartlepool United

Bournemouth v Boreham Wood

Huddersfield Town v Barnsley

Peterborough United v Queens Park Rangers

Cambridge United v Luton Town

Southampton v Coventry City

Chelsea v Plymouth Argyle

Everton v Brentford

Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United

Manchester United/Aston Villa v Middlesbrough

Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton and Hove Albion

Liverpool v Cardiff City

Stoke City v Wigan Athletic

Nottingham Forest v Leicester City

Manchester City v Fulham

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Norwich City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterbloke View Post
100% guarantee that Man City will face Barnsley, QPR or Cambridge in the next round.
That's some ACCA, but think villa will fock it up
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 11:10 PM   #10368
Rafa Justice
Fagan
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Lol at Arsenal and Arteta the Lego head!
Mr PS2 Head
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 11:28 PM   #10369
red g
Paisley
 
red g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 27,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
That's some ACCA, but think villa will fock it up
Imagine doing a 20+ team ACCA and the first one loses within a day,
__________________
_____________________________________

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 11:43 PM   #10370
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 35,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Lol at Arsenal and Arteta the Lego head!
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 12:18 AM   #10371
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 46,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Really struggling to understand football.... Leicester play against Watford yesterday with full team but then call off tuesdays game. Another fucked up season
Suggestion seems to be that the postponement is due to injuries and ACN, not covid cases. It seems yesterday they had a number of youngsters who played that don't could as experienced players for the PL and as FA up ties had to be played they put some of the kids out. For the PL they don't have enough players due to the injuries. F they have no Covid cases it feels somewhat cheeky thing to do, but it seems it is within the rules...
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 12:49 PM   #10372
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Digne to Villa as well.....

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:07 PM   #10373
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,731
How can someone use 'probably' and 'confirmed' like that in the same sentence?
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:25 PM   #10374
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 26,696
With a name like Florian Pettenberg and an email address sky.de I'd guess English isn't his first language and to give the fella credit if the English you are exposed to more often is the gormless halfwitted pundits and footballers this country produces he's going alright
__________________
Football without Origi is nothing
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:28 PM   #10375
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,840
Is he worth £25m????

Jesus
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:10 PM   #10376
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 32,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Is he worth £25m????

Jesus
I know
__________________
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:27 PM   #10377
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 132,593
Most Blues think he's better than Robbo
__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:49 PM   #10378
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Most Blues think he's better than Robbo
Ya but they thought that Jelavic was better than Suarez and Klassen better than Bergkamp
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 03:27 PM   #10379
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Most Blues think he's better than Robbo
The same deluded lot that were convinced Jelavic was better than Suarez
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:52 PM   #10380
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:53 PM   #10381
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 35,272
PSG it is then
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:10 PM   #10382
Rafa Justice
Fagan
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
With a name like Florian Pettenberg and an email address sky.de I'd guess English isn't his first language and to give the fella credit if the English you are exposed to more often is the gormless halfwitted pundits and footballers this country produces he's going alright
On the other hand, he works for Sky and could be of a similar standard to the transfer berks Kaveh and whatsisname.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:48 PM   #10383
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post

Thought a player in the EPL that is looking to move on a free could only discuss terms with a team from another league when he has six months left on his contract?
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 07:21 AM   #10384
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Thought a player in the EPL that is looking to move on a free could only discuss terms with a team from another league when he has six months left on his contract?
6 months is anyone I thought
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 07:50 AM   #10385
npinn001
Benitez
 
npinn001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
6 months is anyone I thought
I thought it was anyone abroad with 6 months to go, and only clubs from same country when out of contract, or something like that.

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 08:34 AM   #10386
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
I thought it was anyone abroad with 6 months to go, and only clubs from same country when out of contract, or something like that.

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk




That was what I thought the rule was as well.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 10:20 AM   #10387
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,840
Yes I think that is the rule...... I presume unless the club gives him the OK to negotiate.

If he signed a pre-deal with Man City, then how could he play against them properly??? He could have the best intentions and be professional etc - but in reality it isn't fair on anyone.

That story is bullshit though. As soon as you see the word "Tottenham" you know it has zero credibility.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 10:51 AM   #10388
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Yes I think that is the rule...... I presume unless the club gives him the OK to negotiate.

If he signed a pre-deal with Man City, then how could he play against them properly??? He could have the best intentions and be professional etc - but in reality it isn't fair on anyone.

That story is bullshit though. As soon as you see the word "Tottenham" you know it has zero credibility.


__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 12:18 PM   #10389
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 39,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
He struggled previous at Chelsea imo but since Tuchel has come in but has looked excellent in a 3 and in the Tuchel setup.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 12:28 PM   #10390
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
He struggled previous at Chelsea imo but since Tuchel has come in but has looked excellent in a 3 and in the Tuchel setup.
That’s the thing - he has excelled in a defensive system with 3 CBs. He’d be exposed in a back 4 I think
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 12:33 PM   #10391
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,994
Interesting thread

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 12:02 PM   #10392
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272
Next season would have started before Burnley complete this seasons games !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59995287
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 12:16 PM   #10393
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 26,696
Surely Dyche should just get on with it picking youngsters?
__________________
Football without Origi is nothing
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 01:52 PM   #10394
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 35,272
Has he said the same regarding others?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 07:42 PM   #10395
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 54,291
Quote:
Arsenal ask Premier League to call off their game at Tottenham
https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-league-covid

Scared to play Tottenham, just play the kids etc etc
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 08:18 PM   #10396
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272
7 days rest before 2nd leg is the plan

Arteta is a mini me of Pep, so no surprise TBH; its a farce bought on by the Prem league's incompetence.

Have they had to shut the training ground - No
Is it a Covid issue - No
Its because the twats rely on Xhaka & then loaned Maitland Niles & another 1st team player out this month - YES

The league should (but 100% wont) tell them to play

Last edited by S-RED; 14-01-22 at 08:22 PM.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 08:38 PM   #10397
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
7 days rest before 2nd leg is the plan

Arteta is a mini me of Pep, so no surprise TBH; its a farce bought on by the Prem league's incompetence.

Have they had to shut the training ground - No
Is it a Covid issue - No
Its because the twats rely on Xhaka & then loaned Maitland Niles & another 1st team player out this month - YES

The league should (but 100% wont) tell them to play
I'd be surprised if it got cancelled tbh, significant uproar in the media, especially given they have sanctioned loan deals and look to do more. the said the EPL bigwigs are fucking stooges
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 08:38 PM   #10398
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272

haha badly done but sentiment is there
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 08:39 PM   #10399
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I'd be surprised if it got cancelled tbh, significant uproar in the media, especially given they have sanctioned loan deals and look to do more. the said the EPL bigwigs are fucking stooges
i think they have fucked themselves (EPL) by cancelling games on a whim
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 10:55 PM   #10400
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 46,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-league-covid

Scared to play Tottenham, just play the kids etc etc
This bit is BS:

Quote:
Should the request be granted they may be open to accusations of playing the system, but the reverse argument will be that Arsenal have been inconvenienced by what they considered a questionable postponement in the past. The semi-final first leg was originally to have been played a week previously until Liverpool requested its postponement on account of Covid-19 cases, but Jürgen Klopp later revealed many of them turned out to be false positives
The comparison with us is a load of crap, it doesn't matter that our tests turned out to be false positives, the fact that players tested positive made them unavailable under the competition rules, that isn't our fault, they have 1 covid case and want the game postponed.

IMO the rule about players being out should have been liked to positive covid tests rather than being about the number of players missing for all kinds of reasons,IMO the PL have made a rod for their own back as this rule now should have to stay beyond covid if they are to be consistent.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > General Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.