It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 28-12-21, 11:07 PM   #241
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by little dave hedgehog View Post
honestly, it's 6 points with a whole half a season to play. you'll get nowhere thinking something's over at this stage.

Sport for me is all about desire and belief and fighting on, courage in adversity on the pitch and in the stands (just not on the www). I hate all the ‘well that’s the League gone’ chat with 19 games to go. It’s easy to support a winning team and we won a fuck of a lot of times.

There’s still points to be won, games to be played. Yeah we might not win. But where’s the fun in giving up? So you can can pop on Est and post to say ‘I told you so’ at the end of the season?

Last edited by Buzzo; 28-12-21 at 11:10 PM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-21, 11:08 PM   #242
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Sending the ball up high across their box was so wasteful when they sit so deep, and our midfield ended up goal ha ging waiting for the ball instead of coming to the edge of the box to move defenders around and creat space for one twos or through balls.
Very naive play...
Yeah I said something similar I didn't fancy our chances in the air against their GK and defenders
Old 28-12-21, 11:09 PM   #243
little dave hedgehog
Token Yank

fair enough to consider covid is having an effect given it's hit our captains who are no spring chickens and also given what it does to your lungs. i know several people who've hung up their boots after fighting it off. not the same level obviously but they went from quite fit to never going to play again in a matter of weeks. some people are never the same again. it's almost like knee surgery at some point.
Old 28-12-21, 11:09 PM   #244
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Sending the ball up high across their box was so wasteful when they sit so deep, and our midfield ended up goal hanging waiting for the ball instead of coming to the edge of the box to move defenders around and creat space for one twos or through balls.
Very naive play...
We did revert back to that, foot on the ball, look forward, play it back, get it back, aimless chip into the box style a lot second half.
Old 28-12-21, 11:14 PM   #245
Venton
Paisley

We were pretty shit today. We've had a handfall like that now this season and City don't look like they're taking any prisoners.
Old 28-12-21, 11:20 PM   #246
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Iím never going to throw the towel in now when weíre 6 points behind with 19 games to go. It was never going to be an easy game tonight but we never got going. Weíve been on an incredible and record breaking run previously, so itís weird to see the reaction on here but Iím not surprised.
Throw in the towel......no, but itís gone from hope to very unlikely now. City are back on for a mid 90s season and to match that youíve got to be almost flawless - thatís means winning most games. They will keep going no doubt but without Salah for the AFCON it will be even harder. This felt like a turning point tonight - the yea4 we win the league we didnít have nights like this.

Tonight was ďone of thoseĒ and it hurts even more because it was Leicester and their scumbag fans, that spoofer Rodgers and that knacker Vardy. Havenít been that annoyed since......the Spurs game last week. We are in our poor run now and we need to snap out fast.

Oh and our set pieces have gone back to fucking dross - corners are a joke again
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-21, 11:20 PM   #247
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
We were pretty shit today. We've had a handfall like that now this season and City don't look like they're taking any prisoners.
Itís going to be very difficult to claw back 6 points for sure. I doubt we will, but reinforcements in Jan, just someone to mix it up a bit would be great.
Old 28-12-21, 11:25 PM   #248
little dave hedgehog
Token Yank

it's not like we can't win the rest of our matches. it may not be likely but i wouldn't count out a team with jurgen at the helm. it doesn't always work out for him, but he sure as hell will still believe we can win our matches and take the title, and he's not wrong. obviously it's not a sure thing, when is it ever? there are maybe 3 teams in the world who can expect to win the league based on the kind of money they'll spend, but i don't want to live a life thinking that way. it's not just boring, it's soul-destroying.
Old 28-12-21, 11:26 PM   #249
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Amazon Prime: "Definitely, it was well deserved [for Leicester]. It was a very strange game. We were just not good enough. We still had enough chances. What we did with the balls was just not right. We played a really bad game, so it was well deserved.

"Our decision-making [was poor], maybe a little bit of luck [was missing]. That’s how it is. We should have had more of those moments. We had enough to get the win, but if you lose you need more of them.

"I think we started OK, then we completely lost our rhythm and didn’t get it back. From then we forced it, so there’s nothing else to say. The circumstances too – Leicester played two days ago, they deserve it, absolutely.

"You could see it coming a little bit. They had one shot on target. They didn’t have plenty of chances. We should have defended better. We do that usually, why we didn’t do it today is hard to explain. There were so many performances before normal level, there’s no explanation.

"It’s a big gap [to City]. In this moment it is not my problem. If we play our normal football, Liverpool football, we have the chance to win more football games.

"A defeat is a defeat. We have to learn and we will. The first thing is not to do it ever again like this. We lost our rhythm and weren’t calm enough to get it back. That’s our fault."
Old 28-12-21, 11:28 PM   #250
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs and Leicester. Thrown games away.
Old 28-12-21, 11:29 PM   #251
little dave hedgehog
Token Yank

he's not wrong. we did create enough chances to win even tho we looked like turd.
Old 28-12-21, 11:51 PM   #252
baitman
Daddy day care

Just watching motd, lookman plays a 1-2 and goes past trent, trent jogs five yards then starts walking while lookman sprints taking the ball into the box...

Matip our motm, and mention for timmy, most others looked very poor.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-21, 11:52 PM   #253
labourRed
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Throw in the towel......no, but itís gone from hope to very unlikely now. City are back on for a mid 90s season and to match that youíve got to be almost flawless - thatís means winning most games. They will keep going no doubt but without Salah for the AFCON it will be even harder. This felt like a turning point tonight - the yea4 we win the league we didnít have nights like this.

Tonight was ďone of thoseĒ and it hurts even more because it was Leicester and their scumbag fans, that spoofer Rodgers and that knacker Vardy. Havenít been that annoyed since......the Spurs game last week. We are in our poor run now and we need to snap out fast.

Oh and our set pieces have gone back to fucking dross - corners are a joke again
We've all grown up watching football in different times. City are on course for a 90+ season and we aren't.

Back in the day teams were nailed on to drop points but this city team knock out 10+ games without breaking sweat.

Thinking the league is over isn't an overreaction at all, it's about probability.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 12:01 AM   #254
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
We've all grown up watching football in different times. City are on course for a 90+ season and we aren't.

Back in the day teams were nailed on to drop points but this city team knock out 10+ games without breaking sweat.

Thinking the league is over isn't an overreaction at all, it's about probability.

Maybe soÖ but youíve got to have some belief in these lotÖ
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 12:03 AM   #255
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:

Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 12:05 AM   #256
little dave hedgehog
Token Yank

you can say probability favors city, but if that's your final word on it why would you even watch the rest of the season? what's in it for you? we have some cups to play for, but we're at a level where we have nothing left to achieve, it's not like watching west ham every week because you want to see how far they can build this season. that's not where our team is.
Old 29-12-21, 02:26 AM   #257
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
you can say probability favors city, but if that's your final word on it why would you even watch the rest of the season? what's in it for you? we have some cups to play for, but we're at a level where we have nothing left to achieve, it's not like watching west ham every week because you want to see how far they can build this season. that's not where our team is.
WOAH!! LDH IS BACK!!

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 02:32 AM   #258
Harv
Randy Marsh

Its getting really tiresome seeing Hendo strut around like he's Zidane out there. Youre not that good mate. Stick to what youre good at - hint: it isnt hitting volleys from 30yrds as theyre dropping out the sky.

Also Mane is fucking shite. Ive said it for 2 years now. Ever since he got covid he's become a different player. Hesitant, lost his real burst of pace, never takes players on anymore, Kills attacks dead, cant finish to save himself, dumb as fuck with the ball, whinges at players that dont pass him the ball when he'd just fuck it up anyway, passes the ball straight to the opp. Get rid now whilst he still has currency. He's 30, his pace is only going to drop more and he's nowhere near good enough technically to make up for it. Flog him to Newcastle for 50m and get a younger version.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 29-12-21, 08:11 AM   #259
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:

Agree completely Nev.

Although after the spurs game I was angry with the ref. Tonight we were shite.

The subs seemed to make us play worse
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 08:15 AM   #260
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs and Leicester. Thrown games away.

Although I think we were fucked over by refs and VAR cunts at West ham and Spurs
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 10:04 AM   #261
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

West Ham were better than us though.
Old 29-12-21, 10:04 AM   #262
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Its getting really tiresome seeing Hendo strut around like he's Zidane out there. Youre not that good mate. Stick to what youre good at - hint: it isnt hitting volleys from 30yrds as theyre dropping out the sky.

Also Mane is fucking shite. Ive said it for 2 years now. Ever since he got covid he's become a different player. Hesitant, lost his real burst of pace, never takes players on anymore, Kills attacks dead, cant finish to save himself, dumb as fuck with the ball, whinges at players that dont pass him the ball when he'd just fuck it up anyway, passes the ball straight to the opp. Get rid now whilst he still has currency. He's 30, his pace is only going to drop more and he's nowhere near good enough technically to make up for it. Flog him to Newcastle for 50m and get a younger version.
I'm in the 'Mane is past it' club now. We need someone like Sarr from Watford or maybe even Denis.. Both are skillful, tactically aware and can carry a team forward.

As for never giving up - it's horrible hoping City fuck up knowing they probably won't. I wouldn't mind if it were Chelsea in their position - you know they could get a couple of draws, but City are next level.

Also, fuck all this talk of massive squads - we had rest, we had a great XI out there, and we still fucked it up.
Old 29-12-21, 10:34 AM   #263
Tribute
Shankly

We were poor and wasteful, misplacing god knows how many passes and when Hendoís not trying worldie volleys from the edge of the box, Maneís gifting the ball away and shots are being blocked. We just didnít have any cutting edge last night.

City likely stroll the league nowÖ but never, say never. We beat Barca 4-0 without Salah and Bobby when they were both on fireÖ so maybe the squad lads can prove us all wrong and go on a winning run without the AFCON playersÖ

6 point gap is only 3 if we beat City in the head to headÖ címon lads, chin up itís still on if we believe itís still on. Itís just a bit tougher than beforeÖ
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 10:56 AM   #264
badpiggy
Special Kind of Scum

This thread is all about the return of the 'hog
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 11:54 AM   #265
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Probably funnier for me than most here, but can imagine all those being said in the way we Irish say them when annoyed or angry, and given you are a Clareman I can imagine a pretty accurate accent for you ranting away
Old 29-12-21, 12:00 PM   #266
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
it's about probability.
And probability isn't the same as certainty, so let's not throw in the towel.
Paul12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 02:03 PM   #267
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Probably funnier for me than most here, but can imagine all those being said in the way we Irish say them when annoyed or angry, and given you are a Clareman I can imagine a pretty accurate accent for you ranting away
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 02:59 PM   #268
Harv
Randy Marsh

Vardy is a supreme prick no doubt. Rat faced prick goes down like he's ripped his hamstring off the bone, wastes a good 3 minutes and then gets up and is back sprinting around the joint 10 seconds later.

Old 29-12-21, 09:02 PM   #269
SB
Paisley

Quote:
fair enough to consider covid is having an effect given it's hit our captains who are no spring chickens and also given what it does to your lungs. i know several people who've hung up their boots after fighting it off. not the same level obviously but they went from quite fit to never going to play again in a matter of weeks. some people are never the same again. it's almost like knee surgery at some point.
Welcome back Dave. Been a long time
Old 29-12-21, 09:05 PM   #270
SB
Paisley

Quote:
he's not wrong. we did create enough chances to win even tho we looked like turd.
We did but most of them fell to Sadio & he doesnít look like he could score in a brothel right now.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC