It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 04-01-22, 05:29 PM   #41
S-RED
Shankly

Lazy bastards, the boss is away and they all take the piss
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 04-01-22, 05:50 PM   #42
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Its the Brasilian lads spreading it. Always hugging everyone.
More likely to be the boss
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 06:17 PM   #43
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Introduced from the semis onwards. Another joke of a rule.
Facilities are not good enough at some of the EFL clubs to run VAR effectively I think is the argument.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 06:19 PM   #44
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I hope Sadio sanitised before he hit Azpilicueta in the face.
Old 04-01-22, 06:21 PM   #45
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
Facilities are not good enough at some of the EFL clubs to run VAR effectively I think is the argument.
What happens if one of the clubs who made the semi finals didn't have it, would they install it, scrap it for that tie, scrap it for both ties, or just carry on making it up as they go along?
Old 04-01-22, 06:39 PM   #46
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
I hope Sadio sanitised before he hit Azpilicueta in the face.
Depends, hopefully he didn't if he had it
Old 04-01-22, 06:39 PM   #47
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
What happens if one of the clubs who made the semi finals didn't have it, would they install it, scrap it for that tie, scrap it for both ties, or just carry on making it up as they go along?
It's happened before in the FA Cup hasn't it? If they don't have it then it's just tough
Old 04-01-22, 07:53 PM   #48
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Would be interesting to see how we can fit this game if this is postponed. Might have to forfeit that cup altogether and protect the players. Just give it to the Arsenal.
Old 04-01-22, 07:56 PM   #49
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:03 PM   #50
S-RED
Shankly

Knowing the Muppets In Charge they will refuse on the grounds we have U23's available and we used them in previous rounds...
Old 04-01-22, 08:05 PM   #51
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
It's happened before in the FA Cup hasn't it? If they don't have it then it's just tough
That's right, I have a recollection of commentators saying previously that if the tie had been an away game rather than a home game for the lower league team VAR would have looked at that...
Old 04-01-22, 08:06 PM   #52
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Knowing the Muppets In Charge they will refuse on the grounds we have U23's available and we used them in previous rounds...
That's why I was asking about the rules earlier, they needed to set out the rules before now otherwise a decision could look dodgy now.
Old 04-01-22, 08:28 PM   #53
leftpeg
Fagan

At what point do they just shut down for a bit? The numbers of new daily cases are at an all time high, as the transmissibility of the current variant is staggering. Clearly, whatever measures teams (and the authorities) are taking to curb transmission is no longer enough.

I know that juggling all the timetables is very complicated, but so many results have been tainted by this now, that the competitions are quickly losing their integrity.
leftpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:35 PM   #54
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftpeg View Post
At what point do they just shut down for a bit? The numbers of new daily cases are at an all time high, as the transmissibility of the current variant is staggering. Clearly, whatever measures teams (and the authorities) are taking to curb transmission is no longer enough.

I know that juggling all the timetables is very complicated, but so many results have been tainted by this now, that the competitions are quickly losing their integrity.
Null and void
Old 04-01-22, 08:36 PM   #55
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
I think that's fair enough to be honest
Old 04-01-22, 08:38 PM   #56
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftpeg View Post

How many UK and European based players have just travelled to Africa where a large majority haven't been vaccinated at all? Players who have been in contact with infected colleagues l. These federations only have their pockets in mind and won't shut down unless forced to do so by their governments
Old 04-01-22, 08:52 PM   #57
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
We have so many youth players this surely can't be a question of not having enough players...it must be about not having enough good players to make the semi credible.

I think Shrewsbury aren't following Premier League Covid protocols, so further risks and fun to be had there too!
Old 04-01-22, 08:56 PM   #58
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
To be honest it probably is fair enough, but I would be surprised if they rejected our request, the reason being this is the stage it starts making money for them, hence the reason for not changing to 1 leg which was what the clubs wanted. If they force us to put an U23 side out (kind of level we put out when we were in the Club world cup the tie will be over after 1 leg, there will be no interest in the 2nd leg and big clubs will take it even less seriously in future than they do now.

That said the people in charge of EFL are a bunch of muppets so we can't rule out them cutting off their nose to spite their face...
Old 04-01-22, 09:00 PM   #59
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
We have so many youth players this surely can't be a question of not having enough players...it must be about not having enough good players to make the semi credible.

I think Shrewsbury aren't following Premier League Covid protocols, so further risks and fun to be had there too!
There will be multiple sets of rules, one for the PL, one for the EFL (Inc Carabao cup) and one from the FA. We could end up with different decision for each competition if we also request to postpone the FA Cup tie.
Old 04-01-22, 09:18 PM   #60
S-RED
Shankly

Quote:
To be honest it probably is fair enough, but I would be surprised if they rejected our request, the reason being this is the stage it starts making money for them, hence the reason for not changing to 1 leg which was what the clubs wanted. If they force us to put an U23 side out (kind of level we put out when we were in the Club world cup the tie will be over after 1 leg, there will be no interest in the 2nd leg and big clubs will take it even less seriously in future than they do now.

That said the people in charge of EFL are a bunch of muppets so we can't rule out them cutting off their nose to spite their face...
Quote:
Yeah integrity has to be part of the reasoning, therefore we are probably gonna get fucked over hahaha
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 04-01-22, 09:26 PM   #61
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:

All levels of the football league and top tiers of non-leagie are following protocols though and there have been postponements
Old 04-01-22, 09:35 PM   #62
fabinho
Fagan

Look at this vile little corner of the Internet to view the Arsenal fans thoughts on the game

https://forum.onlinegooner.com/viewtopic.php?t=40175
Old 04-01-22, 09:49 PM   #63
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
Look at this vile little corner of the Internet to view the Arsenal fans thoughts on the game

https://forum.onlinegooner.com/viewtopic.php?t=40175
I didn't realise they hated us that much.
Old 04-01-22, 09:52 PM   #64
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:

It's not about youth team players though, it's about how many of our registered 1st team squad aren't available.

We have a registered squad of 24. We were already missing 9 against Chelsea. Now we've lost 3 more to Afcon, plus however many additional covid cases.

The EFL rules state that fewer than 14 (including a GK) means that permission for postponement should be granted.
Old 04-01-22, 09:56 PM   #65
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
EFL rules state that permission to postpone games will only be granted where clubs have less than 14 players available - including a goalkeeper - from their registered first team squad.

Under 21 players not on the squad list but who have played at least one league match will be counted in the 14, as will any other contracted senior player not on the squad list but otherwise eligible to play.

Liverpool have only one U21 player, Tyler Morton, to have made a senior league appearance this season.
Old 04-01-22, 10:18 PM   #66
Exiled_red
Paisley

I have seen suggestions on twitter that the problem is all our GK are out rather than it being the total number of players in the squad. Not sure if this is true or not, not seen anyone that reputable post that though...
Old 04-01-22, 10:18 PM   #67
fabinho
Fagan

Quote:
I didn't realise they hated us that much.
News to me too.
Old 04-01-22, 10:21 PM   #68
Exiled_red
Paisley

Just had a message from a mate saying "just seen all our GKs are out with Covid, that means Karius has finally caught something"
Old 04-01-22, 10:25 PM   #69
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
I have seen suggestions on twitter that the problem is all our GK are out rather than it being the total number of players in the squad. Not sure if this is true or not, not seen anyone that reputable post that though...
Think it's Adrian's birthday today, he's been on Facebook pictured with his cake. He didn't mention Covid
Old 04-01-22, 11:12 PM   #70
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Think it's Adrian's birthday today, he's been on Facebook pictured with his cake. He didn't mention Covid

Maybe Allison and co. helped him blow out the candles….
Old 04-01-22, 11:16 PM   #71
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Just had a message from a mate saying "just seen all our GKs are out with Covid, that means Karius has finally caught something"

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 11:38 PM   #72
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Klovid hugs

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 12:17 AM   #73
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Isn't he out injured anyway? Kelleher started against Chelsea and Adrian wasn't even on the bench.
Old 05-01-22, 12:28 AM   #74
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Isn't he out injured anyway? Kelleher started against Chelsea and Adrian wasn't even on the bench.
They’ve been convincing Adrian to self isolate since October 2020.
Old 05-01-22, 10:32 AM   #75
Yozza
Shankly

Pepijn Ljinders testing positive now too

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 10:33 AM   #76
frank the tank
Shankly

Karius could end up in goal for this game....... the road to redemption maybe???
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 10:37 AM   #77
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Doubtful
Old 05-01-22, 10:40 AM   #78
Pepe79
Shankly

Old 05-01-22, 10:58 AM   #79
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Karius could end up in goal for this game....... the road to redemption maybe???
Karius could end up managing us at this rate.
Old 05-01-22, 11:40 AM   #80
kev776
Paisley

according to twatter, 14 new cases at the club.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC