It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 11-03-12, 07:32 PM   #1
baitman
Daddy day care

Our players out on loan

with mention of joe cole and alberto aquilani in recent threads it got me wondering...

1, how much money have we squandered on each player in signing on fees, wages that we still pay while they are away, etc... can we get some sort of list going.

2, does anyone think they could come back and add something better to the team than the current players offer... the big names, and the youngsters.

3, what are the longer term prospects for keeping/getting rid of these players...

4, are we using the loan system to our best advantage? should we be using it more to ensure our young prospects get a taster of the rough and tough of first team action away from Anfield so they can learn without compromising our first team consistency and results.

5, what other issues, good or bad, arise from the loan system.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 11-03-12, 07:34 PM   #2
cream
Paisley

I think players that go out on loan don't have a future here.
Old 11-03-12, 08:53 PM   #3
Frenchie
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
so how do we develop younger players with peer game time?
Frenchie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 09:15 PM   #4
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I assume Cream's comment refers to the current policy. - Experience over the past few years suggests that players who we send out on loan don't return and feature in the first team. I think this is a policy that needs to change, other clubs have benefited significantly from loaning players out to get Premiership experience. In the last couple of years Man Utd have done it with Welbeck and Cleverley, Chelsea have done it with Sturridge and Arsenal have done it with Wilshere.

I think Shelvey was benefiting from his time at Blackpool and had he been allowed to stay I think he would have had a great season, since his return he's been in limbo and hardly featured at all.
Old 04-04-12, 07:07 PM   #5
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post

how is danny wilson doing. will he make it at Anfield.
hope this is ok, mods...
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/02...-at-blackpool/

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 06-04-12, 08:18 AM   #6
Frenchie
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I assume Cream's comment refers to the current policy. - Experience over the past few years suggests that players who we send out on loan don't return and feature in the first team. I think this is a policy that needs to change, other clubs have benefited significantly from loaning players out to get Premiership experience. In the last couple of years Man Utd have done it with Welbeck and Cleverley, Chelsea have done it with Sturridge and Arsenal have done it with Wilshere.

I think Shelvey was benefiting from his time at Blackpool and had he been allowed to stay I think he would have had a great season, since his return he's been in limbo and hardly featured at all.
Comolli has said that he had changed policy to allow prospects flourish.
Frenchie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 01:12 PM   #7
baitman
Daddy day care

joe cole saying he'd sooner stay at lille than return to Anfield. cheers joe, you midget

Old 24-04-12, 02:14 PM   #8
dom9
Ant Pisser

Would you want him back?
Old 24-04-12, 02:16 PM   #9
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Would you want him back?
definitely

NOT.

Old 24-04-12, 06:32 PM   #10
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
joe cole saying he'd sooner stay at lille than return to Anfield. cheers joe, you midget
Well he can take the pay cut and go then. It'll be good to have him off the wage bill.
Old 25-04-12, 06:02 PM   #11
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

Aquaman to. Return?
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 06:09 PM   #12
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
Aquilani to. Return?
We'll probably loan him to another Italian club for the promise of we'll never see.
Old 25-04-12, 06:13 PM   #13
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
apart from very young players IMO
danperkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 06:14 PM   #14
Craig_H
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Of course he'd rather stay, he gets first team football over there. Why would he want to come back to us when he'll never play?
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 06:34 PM   #15
RedSince1964
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
Aquilani to. Return?
Not sure how'd i react to that; firstly, having back a over priced, over paid and not least, another injury prone player back at our Club wouldn't do the team spirit any favours or our already over worked Physio team IMO but having said that, he can't be any worse than a couple of our first teamers eh

Imagine a prospect of Aquilani, Cole etc, back being paid top dollar just to play for the ressies and even more so for the ressies themselves
RedSince1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 07:52 PM   #16
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSince1964 View Post
Not sure how'd i react to that; firstly, having back a over priced, over paid and not least, another injury prone player back at our Club wouldn't do the team spirit any favours or our already over worked Physio team IMO but having said that, he can't be any worse than a couple of our first teamers eh

Imagine a prospect of Aquilani, Cole etc, back being paid top dollar just to play for the ressies and even more so for the ressies themselves
Sounds like they'll fit in well
Old 25-04-12, 08:05 PM   #17
Gibbo
Like a boss

Id like Aquilani but not Cole
Old 25-04-12, 08:44 PM   #18
Catrin
Fagan

Under Ged the ressies ended up as a dumping ground for players we couldn't get rid of. Under Rafa we started to loan players out more and use the ressies for developing younger players. That makes more sense to me because if someone does shine whilst on loan at least we might get a few quid for them whereas there's no chance of adding any value by dumping them in the reserves.
Old 25-04-12, 08:51 PM   #19
ChesterDave
Paisley

Christ almighty Aquilani is proving to be a disaster. Even if they do but him the is improving against the euro so we are getting screwed even more.
Old 25-04-12, 09:01 PM   #20
Catrin
Fagan

One of my colleagues is a Milan fan and apparently Aquilani has been staying injury free but also largely ineffectual whenever he has got onto the pitch.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 25-04-12, 09:11 PM   #21
Shanks
Shankly

Quote:
Shelvey has looked a better player since coming back from Blackpool and I think he could have a long term future with the LFC.

I know it was only a month or so but injuries to Lucas and Gerrard have been a blessing in disguise for him..
Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 09:42 PM   #22
red evil kenevil
Houllier

I would like aquilani back , he looked like one of are best players in the pre season and was sad to see him go , even if was unsettled here.
red evil kenevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 09:58 PM   #23
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

I notice Wilson has fallen off the radar at Blackpool. Injured or just useless?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 11:58 PM   #24
baitman
Daddy day care

aquilani might be a decent option, although hes likely to be on a sick note half the year. hes obviously not going to settle here, and wants to be back in italy. makes you wonder why he ever said he'd come. might be the 80k [is it?]. hes likely to get flogged on the cheap to anyone that will have him just to ship him out permanently, at a guess. something similar for the english pele [fink thats what he got called], too.

Old 26-04-12, 12:03 AM   #25
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
I notice Wilson has fallen off the radar at Blackpool. Injured or just useless?
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/Ne...739713,00.html

Blackpool defender Danny Wilson has been named in the Scotland Under-21 squad for the clash with Italy.

The friendly will take place at Hibernian's Easter Road ground on Wednesday 21 April, kick-off 7pm.

The 20-year-old will be looking to make his 10th appearance at that level, having already made five for the full national side.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/Ne...606467,00.html

Blackpool defender Danny Wilson believes he is reaping the benefits of regular first team football at the club.

The 20-year-old, on-loan from Liverpool, made his fifth appearance of the campaign at Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday night, on the back of an assured showing in last weekend's win over Cardiff.

But with Ian Evatt returning from suspension and Craig Cathcart likely to figure, competition for places is at an all-time high and he won't be taking a third consecutive start for granted.

Old 26-04-12, 12:07 AM   #26
baitman
Daddy day care

re; the development of youth team/reserve players.

i reckon that once lads become well established and look useful in the reserves they need a year or more out on loan to be given the more rough expierience of full blooded matches. this might harden them up and make them ready for first team life. there needs to be a step between the reserves and the first team, and we need to use the loan system better. it seems to have given shelvey a little bit more bite to his game.

Old 26-04-12, 01:35 AM   #27
RedSince1964
Fagan

Quote:

i reckon that once lads become well established and look useful in the reserves they need a year or more out on loan to be given the more rough expierience of full blooded matches. this might harden them up and make them ready for first team life. there needs to be a step between the reserves and the first team, and we need to use the loan system better. it seems to have given shelvey a little bit more bite to his game.
RedSince1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 07:25 AM   #28
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

Also I think that some young players go 'stale' if they are only playing reserve team football for a long period of time, it's as if that becomes their level, and they don't progress beyond that level.
Old 26-04-12, 09:58 AM   #29
RedReet

Quote:

Blackpool defender Danny Wilson believes he is reaping the benefits of regular first team football at the club.

The 20-year-old, on-loan from Liverpool, made his fifth appearance of the campaign at Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday night, on the back of an assured showing in last weekend's win over Cardiff.

But with Ian Evatt returning from suspension and Craig Cathcart likely to figure, competition for places is at an all-time high and he won't be taking a third consecutive start for granted.
That was in February. His last appearance was 6th March and since then he hasn't even made the bench bar once. I'm guessing by the U-21 call-up he isn't injured, but fuck knows where he goes from here if he can't even make the bench at Blackpool.
Old 04-01-13, 06:43 PM   #30
baitman
Daddy day care

new year bump for this thread.

glad we have finally sorted out the joe cole fiasco, aqualani,

still have andy carroll pending

even though ince going to Blackpool wasnt a loan, it kind of shows the value of blooding our young prospects at other clubs and let them get the needed first team experience.

maybe we can loan out coates, and bring him back a fully fledged centre back.

sink or swim, and then we will take back the survivors...

Old 04-01-13, 08:40 PM   #31
kev776
Paisley

Flannigan should be next, it will help his development.
kev776 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 09:21 PM   #32
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
Flannigan should be next, it will help his development.

Should have went in summer, was never gonna get a look in.
Old 04-01-13, 09:23 PM   #33
Baracus
Roggy

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Bolton

Says Spearing has been their standout player of the season so far. They would love to make it permanent but don't think they can afford it

Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 08:39 AM   #34
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Bolton

Says Spearing has been their standout player of the season so far. They would love to make it permanent but don't think they can afford it
does this mean baby jay has improved, or the rest of bolton are shite

Old 06-01-13, 10:44 AM   #35
Resu
Dalglish

Bolton is 16th in the league, so hardly a great team. I guess Jays level is upper championship/lower PL. Hopefully he`ll impress enough so we get some cash for him in the summer, even though he`ll only have year a left on his contract then.
Old 06-01-13, 11:32 AM   #36
frank the tank
Shankly

Would love to see Coates go to Wigan...... Good team, play good football

Would also help if we wanted to sign McCarthy in the summer
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 10:16 AM   #37
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Would love to see Coates go to Wigan...... Good team, play good football

Would also help if we wanted to sign McCarthy in the summer
heard McCarthy mentioned a few times. is he better than allen.

i mean the allen who we signed, not the one we have now

Old 09-01-13, 12:58 PM   #38
RedReet

Didn't realise Wilson was on loan at Bristol City until I read an artice last week.

This artice was still tipping him for greatness, yet in 5 games there he's played 1 minute, the rest spent on the bench.
Old 10-01-13, 01:49 AM   #39
baitman
Daddy day care

did i read it right, morgan's loan is only for a month. whats the point of that?

Old 12-02-13, 07:22 PM   #40
baitman
Daddy day care

pinched from the shelvey thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
I agree he's struggling but not sure what posters (in general) expect.
Take Cleverley at Man U for example, he's 23 and had played 75 games across 3 loan spells before coming back to Utd where he has played about 20 games.
All those games for Man U are as a 23 year old.

Shelvey has played 40/50 for us by the age of 20. 20.

In my opinion Shelvey can play anywhere across the midfield 5 in a 4-2-3-1.
He has the passing and physicality to sit, he has the technical ability to play anywhere in the higher '3'.

Is he good enough to right now? no.
Is Suso? No
Is Sterling? No
Is Borini? No

We're asking kids to play and perform regularly as if they are seasoned PL players and internationals.

What also doesn't help Shelvey is I bet he has played in 4/5 different positions for us this season, how is he supposed to nail down a role, understand the responsibilities and positional expectations of it if he is getting picked all over the shop?
great post, mate...
we really do ourselves no favours by playing these young lads rather tan loaning them out so they can get regular competitive games without it having a detrimental effect on our results.

look at how ngoo is flourishing. he is on fire. he will becoming a better, more confident player after this loan spell. whether that means he comes back to us or increases his sell on fee we are still winning.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC