It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 17-02-20, 12:16 AM   #161
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
I'm really not keen on Ox in the forward role. You'd think he'd have to be because he's going to struggle to get ahead of the four aforementioned midfielders, when all fit.
Yeah then itís between Ox & Origi to cover the front three at present
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-02-20, 12:44 AM   #162
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

*cough*new match thread needed *cough*
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 12:49 AM   #163
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
*cough*new match thread needed *cough*
Sorry, my son was sick last night, I'll sort one out this morning.
Old 17-02-20, 12:54 AM   #164
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Sorry, my son was sick last night, I'll sort one out this morning.

you don't have to apologise (you do )

Did you get the schedule I sent you for when I expect to see match threads go live between now and the end of the season?

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 01:14 AM   #165
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

you don't have to apologise (you do )

Did you get the schedule I sent you for when I expect to see match threads go live between now and the end of the season?

I did thank you, it made for a perfect lining to my bin so I'm very grateful.
Old 17-02-20, 07:19 AM   #166
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I think Keita is going to be someone who polarizes opinion, watching him this season it seems that so many of the final balls that he likes to play are through tight spaces behind defences, and if they come off they look great and are fantastic play and great vision. When they don't come off it often looks like he played a stupid ball straight into a defender for no reason. I'm not really sure how well that seems to work in the PL, for some reason his play seems more suited to other competitions such as the CL.
interesting point
Old 17-02-20, 10:16 AM   #167
Zapater
Dalglish

Thought Keita was shit in this particular game, but still had moments. Looked to have some of the tenacity which we saw in Germany that has been lacking. His closing down and challenges seemed to have a lot more urgency, even in the air. Not sure if this is because he's finally fit (physically, not match) and has more confidence in his body. As mentioned above his attributes are there for everyone to see, how he glides past players in possession, threads through balls etc. With game time he's shown that he's fine, but like mentioned above the precision of his game probably makes it a bit more difficult when he's stuttering a bit or hasn't played much recently.

Below par game but made some important blocks/interceptions, should have scored a sitter and made some decent passes - and that's in a bad game, when he's playing better it's clear to see what kind of influence he can have.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 11:21 AM   #168
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Thought Keita was shit in this particular game, but still had moments. Looked to have some of the tenacity which we saw in Germany that has been lacking. His closing down and challenges seemed to have a lot more urgency, even in the air. Not sure if this is because he's finally fit (physically, not match) and has more confidence in his body. As mentioned above his attributes are there for everyone to see, how he glides past players in possession, threads through balls etc. With game time he's shown that he's fine, but like mentioned above the precision of his game probably makes it a bit more difficult when he's stuttering a bit or hasn't played much recently.

Below par game but made some important blocks/interceptions, should have scored a sitter and made some decent passes - and that's in a bad game, when he's playing better it's clear to see what kind of influence he can have.
Old 17-02-20, 11:21 AM   #169
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I think what made Keita look ordinary at times is the lack of off the shoulder running from our strikers.

Keita is the master of the weighted through ball but when everyone is calling for the ball to feet, he looks a bit pedestrian.

That said, both our best chances came from off the shoulder chances albeit from long balls, one to Firmino and the other to Mane.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC