It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 20-10-19, 07:29 PM   #401
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Beat Spurs at home, Villa away, and ensure we at least draw with City nd we are in a great position.
Old 20-10-19, 07:38 PM   #402
ronanm
Shankly

Could be costly.
Old 20-10-19, 07:43 PM   #403
Peter_Griffin
Evans

We’re not going to win every game. We take the point from a poor performance and move on. Beat Spurs
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 07:49 PM   #404
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Griffin View Post
We’re not going to win every game. We take the point from a poor performance and move on. Beat Spurs
I have to tell my son this.

We win an abnormal amount of games. The need to over analyse the first time we drop points since March will will be hard to resist..

The big positives for today are the impact of our progressive attacking mids.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 07:56 PM   #405
Exiled_red
Paisley

We were terrible today, but we went to OT and got a point. 8 wins out of 9, we just need to make sure we don't dwell on it and start another long run of wins.
Old 20-10-19, 08:02 PM   #406
greenturnip
Houllier

OT is a bit of a bogey ground for us and they played like it was their cup final. I'll take a point. But...we ain't playing that well - we almost dropped points at home against LCFC - and have nicked some results. I would like to see us smash someone to get a bit of swagger back.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 08:20 PM   #407
vlahka
Still sulking...

Its shit like this that make it hard for us to get anything there. They're allowed to get away with murder half the time but we cant touch them for fear of fouling. How this didnt even get a card is beyond me.

vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 08:28 PM   #408
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Its shit like this that make it hard for us to get anything there. They're allowed to get away with murder half the time but we cant touch them for fear of fouling. How this didnt even get a card is beyond me.

And moments later while Lallana was on the ground one of them rats kicked the ball right at him. 2 yellow card incidents, not a sniff from the ref

Is there a more odious cunt than Ashley Young?

Actually, I hope we win it, tie the cup to a rope and drag it behind the bus in our PL victory parade. [Kenneth 4:2]
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 08:32 PM   #409
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
And moments later while Lallana was on the ground one of them rats kicked the ball right at him. 2 yellow card incidents, not a sniff from the ref

Is there a more odious cunt than Ashley Young?
James
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 06:56 AM   #410
frank the tank
Shankly

I think every one of them are horrible cunts.....

Rashford is the only one of them that I'd want to see at LFC
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 07:26 AM   #411
RichC
Meh

Don’t see it with Rashford. Loads of fanfare but he’s streaky as fuck and not even a flat truck bully like Lukaku.

Pleased we got out of that place with a point, worst fixture of the season and it was their cup final. 8 wins and a draw so far is bloody amazing and we’ve not hit top gear yet either
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 07:47 AM   #412
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Don’t see it with Rashford. Loads of fanfare but he’s streaky as fuck and not even a flat truck bully like Lukaku.

Pleased we got out of that place with a point, worst fixture of the season and it was their cup final. 8 wins and a draw so far is bloody amazing and we’ve not hit top gear yet either
Rashford is an interesting one, apparently 35% of his goals come against the other top 6 sides, so he seems to do it in the big games but perhaps not as often as he should against other sides.
Old 21-10-19, 07:58 AM   #413
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Rashford is an interesting one, apparently 35% of his goals come against the other top 6 sides, so he seems to do it in the big games but perhaps not as often as he should against other sides.
He's a counter attack merchant and probably wouldn't make it at a proper top 6 side. Luckily for him he's not at a top 6 side so might post good numbers

Actually, I hope we win it, tie the cup to a rope and drag it behind the bus in our PL victory parade. [Kenneth 4:2]
Old 21-10-19, 08:30 AM   #414
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
He's a counter attack merchant and probably wouldn't make it at a proper top 6 side. Luckily for him he's not at a top 6 side so might post good numbers
He doesn't even post god numbers though. He got 13 goals in 47 games last season, 13 in 52 games the season before that, and 11 in 53 games the one before that.

His career average so far is a goal every 3.7 games.

He's still only 21 so plenty of time to improve, but that record for a team like Man Utd isn't massively impressive IMO.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 08:33 AM   #415
cannotmakeit
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I think every one of them are horrible cunts.....

Rashford is the only one of them that I'd want to see at LFC
he is as Manc as they get, so he can fuck right off.
cannotmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 09:31 AM   #416
Angryred
Dalglish

Away to Norwich next week & they probably lose that one!
Old 21-10-19, 11:14 AM   #417
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

I think losing the lead last season has us fans on edge and no doubts it is in the players minds. 6 points ahead of Man City after 9 games... we should be over the moon! But they are so good that we know we have given them a chance now to really put the pressure on. Obviously we need to win games but when we play City, we need to beat them. Would be huge psychologically.

The Spurs game net week will be a tough one, they aren't playing well and results have gone against them but we haven't been playing well in the last 4 or 5 but have been getting results. I am hoping this is our sticky patch and we are so good that we have managed to grind out results whilst playing poorly.. time will tell. We need to get ourselves back into gear, the international break is a nightmare for clubs and results can be very unpredictable after them. I wonder were we too cocky going into that united game? Maybe this is a little reality check that we needed.
Old 21-10-19, 11:38 AM   #418
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I am not on the edge, maybe you generally are when we don't do well.

We never do well at Old Trafford and it's annoying when it's a yearly occurance, but it's a fact we cannot avoid. It's arguably our toughest away game. We've come through it with a point, which is not a bad result even if it can be seen as two points dropped given their current predicament. A Derby is a derby and these are always tricky due to the emotion involved. I thought we never played with our heads yesterday.
Old 21-10-19, 05:03 PM   #419
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I am not on the edge, maybe you generally are when we don't do well.

We never do well at Old Trafford and it's annoying when it's a yearly occurance, but it's a fact we cannot avoid. It's arguably our toughest away game. We've come through it with a point, which is not a bad result even if it can be seen as two points dropped given their current predicament. A Derby is a derby and these are always tricky due to the emotion involved. I thought we never played with our heads yesterday.
On the positive side, scoring so late on has got to be a real pick-up for our boys and a stomach-wrenching moment for theirs, so whilst our mental state will be on the up, hopefully they will be demoralised again
Old 21-10-19, 05:43 PM   #420
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
I think losing the lead last season has us fans on edge and no doubts it is in the players minds. 6 points ahead of Man City after 9 games... we should be over the moon! But they are so good that we know we have given them a chance now to really put the pressure on. Obviously we need to win games but when we play City, we need to beat them. Would be huge psychologically.

The Spurs game net week will be a tough one, they aren't playing well and results have gone against them but we haven't been playing well in the last 4 or 5 but have been getting results. I am hoping this is our sticky patch and we are so good that we have managed to grind out results whilst playing poorly.. time will tell. We need to get ourselves back into gear, the international break is a nightmare for clubs and results can be very unpredictable after them. I wonder were we too cocky going into that united game? Maybe this is a little reality check that we needed.
In reality the game v Citeh at Anfield in November will be massive. I just hope that the 6 point gap is maintained (or bettered) until we play them. Then that will be one where Man City will have to go out and try to win. Pep will say that he tries to win every game but they will really have to try to take the game to us there.

I just can't see us not getting a run at their defence - especially at Anfield.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 09:37 PM   #421
Irishnev
Shankly

Not sure where to put it but 7 nominees in the squad for Balon D’Or - surprisingly no Robbo

Full list below with Mahrez and Benzema

Last edited by Irishnev; 21-10-19 at 09:41 PM.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 10:07 PM   #422
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Eden Hazard

Old 21-10-19, 10:27 PM   #423
spud_gun
Paisley

No McGuire?
Old 21-10-19, 10:40 PM   #424
fah-q
Touching cloth

Loris??
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 11:00 PM   #425
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Loris??
Poor reaction time...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 11:01 PM   #426
Liverpool
Paisley

I'd have Robertson ahead of Gini, Bobby and Trent on purely LFC. Think the international stuff probably doesn't help him
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 01:24 AM   #427
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Robertson should definitely be in there. Not sure about Wijnaldum though.
Old 22-10-19, 08:44 AM   #428
Exiled_red
Paisley

Alot of this seems to be on the basis of performances in the CL Wijnaldum's 2 goals vs Barcelona will probably have had a huge influence, TAA had a couple of assists in that game including that corner which was very memorable. Robertson dissed Messi, that probably didn't help his case with the powers that be
Old 22-10-19, 09:35 AM   #429
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Well they wouldn't have watched us against Burnley on a cold Tuesday night

Old 22-10-19, 10:47 AM   #430
greenturnip
Houllier

Karim friggin Benzema??
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 01:32 PM   #431
gratziani
Dalglish

mahrez as well ?????
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 02:07 PM   #432
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratziani View Post
mahrez as well ?????
Aye, he made everyone a cuppa tea once.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 02:08 PM   #433
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratziani View Post
mahrez as well ?????
Won the league and the AFCON didn't he? Probably that.
Old 22-10-19, 03:30 PM   #434
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Won the league and the AFCON didn't he? Probably that.
Did he even play in the league? Earned 300k+ from the bench and won the AFCON gets you places it seems.
Old 23-10-19, 02:58 PM   #435
Tribute
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
In reality the game v Citeh at Anfield in November will be massive. I just hope that the 6 point gap is maintained (or bettered) until we play them. Then that will be one where Man City will have to go out and try to win. Pep will say that he tries to win every game but they will really have to try to take the game to us there.

I just can't see us not getting a run at their defence - especially at Anfield.

A win against Citeh will be a proper marker of intent for this season. Spurs will be tough but if we score early I think we’ll win comfortably.

Our biggest problem this season has been taking time to get going. We need to come out flying and grab a goal or two in most games before game management. City are pretty much putting teams away easily and early other than their two ‘blips’.

Utd away may well be one of our toughest away games each season, the frustration is more obvious when City put 4, 5 or 6 past them... they never seem to struggle against them.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 05:06 PM   #436
labourRed
Shankly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50180428

Zinchenko and Rodri out for a month. That six pointer in November could be massive if we get the win.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 05:10 PM   #437
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50180428

Zinchenko and Rodri out for a month. That six pointer in November could be massive if we get the win.

...especially if emphatic enough to have a real psychological impact.
Old 25-10-19, 05:17 PM   #438
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Might improve them.

Zinchenko is poor and Fernandinho will probably play dm now Stones and Ota are fit again.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 05:36 PM   #439
labourRed
Shankly

Otamendi is never going to improve them, in fact i think Guardiola recognises this... he dropped him for the Rodri against Palace... he confirmed that in the prematch interview.

Mendy is just back from a long injury, a good player but won't have fitness or "rhythm" yet.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 05:50 PM   #440
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post

Mendy is just back from a long injury, a good player but won't have fitness or "rhythm" yet.
racist? Lets ask the panel that judge over the jokes thread easy tiger/s

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC