It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-20, 07:54 AM   #921
Sus
Benitez
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Did we not sell the whole contract to that investment firm?
? What investment firm?
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 01:37 PM   #922
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 25,039
It was reported last Autumn in the Barca accounts that Liverpool sold their interest so Barca now owe someone else.
__________________
Lot and lots of points still to go. We're going to win it for a 7th time instead.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 02:24 PM   #923
Sus
Benitez
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 611
Didn't even know that was possible
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 02:27 PM   #924
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51,970
It's essentially just a form of credit/invoice factoring.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 03:23 PM   #925
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,588
Sounds like it. We get say 80% of the money due and the finance company pursue the whole amount ending up with 20%
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 04:32 PM   #926
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,279
I'd suggest its for the base fee, add ons cant be financed as you cant be sure they will be reached, and as such would be out scope of invoice financing. Financing fee would have been around 1-3%, but again dependent on Barca credit lines/status. Given EUR interest rates is less than 0% makes sense to park some money an an almost guaranteed return.

Ironic tho, getting EUR5m from Barca when he wins the CL with Bayern
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 05:08 PM   #927
fidget
Shankly
 
fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I'd suggest its for the base fee, add ons cant be financed as you cant be sure they will be reached, and as such would be out scope of invoice financing. Financing fee would have been around 1-3%, but again dependent on Barca credit lines/status. Given EUR interest rates is less than 0% makes sense to park some money an an almost guaranteed return.

Ironic tho, getting EUR5m from Barca when he wins the CL with Bayern
I'm sure there would be some vehicle to make it possible.
Work out the probabilities of him hitting each of the targets over the course of the contract and charge a premium on that.
It's basically EV calcs in gambling.
Some poker software actually offers you an in game cashout before the board has been completed with their cut factored in for cash games.
__________________
To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue.

Last edited by fidget; 23-08-20 at 05:13 PM.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:40 PM   #928
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,321
As much as it pains me to say, our recent high profile departures are all kind of justified and most of them have won the lot since leaving. Obviously it doesn't matter because we won the CL last season and the league now but I was looking at the trophy collections of some of our best players and the amount of silverware they've won is astounding. Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, Coutinho, Torres and so on. Sterling hasn't won the CL yet, but it's possible/probable he will at some point in his career.

People give Coutinho a lot of stick, but since leaving he's scored 32 goals and has 19 assists in 114 games. He's won 2 La Liga's, 2 Copa del Rey's, CL, Bundesliga and the Pokal. Not bad at all in my books, regardless of where he ends up next season I'd say that's pretty good.

EDIT: Only the one Copa, forgot Valencia beat Barca last season.

Last edited by Zapater; 23-08-20 at 10:48 PM.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:48 PM   #929
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
As much as it pains me to say, our recent high profile departures are all kind of justified and most of them have won the lot since leaving. Obviously it doesn't matter because we won the CL last season and the league now but I was looking at the trophy collections of some of our best players and the amount of silverware they've won is astounding. Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, Coutinho, Torres and so on. Sterling hasn't won the CL yet, but it's possible/probable he will at some point in his career.

People give Coutinho a lot of stick, but since leaving he's scored 32 goals and has 19 assists in 114 games. He's won 2 La Liga's, 2 Copa del Rey's, CL, Bundesliga and the Pokal. Not bad at all in my books, regardless of where he ends up next season I'd say that's pretty good.
Coutinho only won that stuff cos he went to barca and the team is propped up by messi and suarez. The little bad backed cunt didnt really contribute or "make the difference" so fuck him.
__________________
Champions of Europe and the World. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:53 PM   #930
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Coutinho only won that stuff cos he went to barca and the team is propped up by messi and suarez. The little bad backed cunt didnt really contribute or "make the difference" so fuck him.
That's the point though, he went to Barca because he felt there would be more of a chance to win titles. I would argue that his favourable goal/assist ratio and number of appearances would indicate that he is contributing - what else would he be doing on the pitch?
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 05:55 PM   #931
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,533
His 'new start' at Barca is going great guns.

ya wee rat
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 06:03 PM   #932
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,724
What happened?
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 11:00 PM   #933
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44,290
Emptied by a shite Real in 'El Classico".
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 03:36 PM   #934
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30,083
Wee turd.
__________________
3 Cups and the Champions League.
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 11:40 PM   #935
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Wee turd.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 10:55 PM   #936
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,588
Had to check on wiki to see if he had a club currently or was semi-retired. Apparently he's back at Barcelona
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:00 PM   #937
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33,651
Good Norbs. Keep it coming.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:07 PM   #938
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,588
Fuck off

It was only that Barca lost so badly tonight and couldn't remember if he'd gone back there
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:43 PM   #939
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,531
Is he playing for them at the moment, didn't see him involved tonight, and read that if they play him another 5(?) times they had to pay another add on. But I'm thought I read a while back that they had now paid all the add ons.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:48 AM   #940
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,917
Nope, they're purposely holding him back to prevent a further payment clause.

Well done lad, good move
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 01:29 PM   #941
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,279
Had an op in Jan I think
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 01:54 PM   #942
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,394
How this team could do with the creavity of Phil right now. Get him back ffs.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:19 PM   #943
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51,970
Would be insane to blow our transfer record on Coutinho at this is point.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:35 PM   #944
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Would be insane to blow our transfer record on Coutinho at this is point.
Not suggesting we do. I'd assumed he'd be available at a decent price since he's done fuck all and they need to get him off the wage bill.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:52 PM   #945
ntto
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,506
5 more games and there's a significant payment to LFC - sounds like Barca want to move him on before they are liable
ntto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 07:57 PM   #946
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,429
I thought it was widely reported that we sold the debt to a third party - Barca owe “us” nothing......add ins might be different though
Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 09:05 PM   #947
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntto View Post
5 more games and there's a significant payment to LFC - sounds like Barca want to move him on before they are liable
I've read this at some point recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I thought it was widely reported that we sold the debt to a third party - Barca owe “us” nothing......add ins might be different though
And I've also read this at some point (albeit less recently).

Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > General Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.