It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 22-03-21, 10:39 AM   #1121
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

We will need to offload a number of players this summer to fund any incoming transfers. He is one of them, as well as Grujic, Divock, Shaq, Wilson and a few others. Something to think about is that Wijnaldum is on high wages.
Old 22-03-21, 11:22 AM   #1122
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Something to think about is that Wijnaldum is on high wages.
Is this another Fredo Fact™?
Old 22-03-21, 11:24 AM   #1123
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Is this another Fredo Fact?

Was mentioned in an Anfield wrap podcast that he was allegedly on a six figure salary. You can find this if you wanted to. It was Rob Harris who mentioned it.

So no, sorry to disappoint you, but it’s not a fact of mine.
Old 22-03-21, 11:28 AM   #1124
Fivex
The Wisp

I thought it was well known he's on a relatively low salary because it was signed that long ago.

Regardless, even if it's hitting 6 figures per week that still doesn't mean it's high wages for an elite footballer.
Old 22-03-21, 11:40 AM   #1125
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
I thought it was well known he's on a relatively low salary because it was signed that long ago.

Regardless, even if it's hitting 6 figures per week that still doesn't mean it's high wages for an elite footballer.
I imagine that most if not all our first 11 are all on at least 100k a week

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 11:45 AM   #1126
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
I imagine that most if not all our first 11 are all on at least 100k a week
Wijnaldum's only on 90K apparently.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 12:11 PM   #1127
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Wijnaldum's only on 90K apparently.
I'm sure I've seen somewhere recently that Salah and VVD are our top earners and just behind them is... Milner... somewhat surprisingly.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 12:18 PM   #1128
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
I'm sure I've seen somewhere recently that Salah and VVD are our top earners and just behind them is... Milner... somewhat surprisingly.
Free transfer. They're always high.

Matip is on 100K as well.
Old 22-03-21, 12:21 PM   #1129
Pepe79
Shankly

Milner came in on a massive contract because he was a free signing.

Non of those various wages listings have Gini in our top tier of earners. He’s more in the Origi/Shaq bracket.

Can definitely see where he’s coming from.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 02:04 PM   #1130
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Milner came in on a massive contract because he was a free signing.

Non of those various wages listings have Gini in our top tier of earners. He’s more in the Origi/Shaq bracket.

Can definitely see where he’s coming from.
I think the main point is whichever salary Gini is looking at as his new contract, it'll put him in that higher bracket, which FSG seem to want to avoid due to his age and resale value.

It's normal that Gini is looking to secure his future, the better the deal at this stage of his career, has the potential to set him and his family up for when he retires.

I can't see FSG taking any risks in this, and this will be applied similarly to Sadio and Mo for example. I think one of them will be sold before their contract expires, so as not to get in the same situation. With the pandemic and the uncertainty still over the next few years, our strategy will have to change as more and more clubs will be short of money and even selling players on, could be a challenge.
Old 22-03-21, 02:17 PM   #1131
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I think the main point is whichever salary Gini is looking at as his new contract, it'll put him in that higher bracket, which FSG seem to want to avoid due to his age and resale value.

It's normal that Gini is looking to secure his future, the better the deal at this stage of his career, has the potential to set him and his family up for when he retires.

I can't see FSG taking any risks in this, and this will be applied similarly to Sadio and Mo for example. I think one of them will be sold before their contract expires, so as not to get in the same situation. With the pandemic and the uncertainty still over the next few years, our strategy will have to change as more and more clubs will be short of money and even selling players on, could be a challenge.

We have flogged him to death also - I saw that he has played more minutes than any midfielder in Europe this season and then factor in the Euros. I’d love him to stay and he may well excel at Barca but a long term contract in increased wages is against our model
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 06:56 PM   #1132
Exiled_red
Paisley

When we were in contract discussions it was reported that he was on £75k a week, and we were going to double that, in terms of our squad he will be one of the lowest paid first team players and probably on 'squad player' wages. We supposedly offered him £150k a week about 2 years ago if that's true he could have signed back then and netted himself another £7.5m by now that's effectively him losing a years wages at the higher rate that's why the talk of it being about money or the extra year's security don't really make sense to me.

If he's going fine, best to know now play out the rest of the season taking that into account and wish him all the best when he goes.
Old 22-03-21, 07:04 PM   #1133
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Well he's out of contract so no
Oh, I thought he had one year left. Thanks.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 02:28 PM   #1134
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post

We have flogged him to death also - I saw that he has played more minutes than any midfielder in Europe this season and then factor in the Euros. I’d love him to stay and he may well excel at Barca but a long term contract in increased wages is against our model
...I also think we've had his best years by some distance. I cant see him being anything other than a squad player/nearly man at Barca. A similar fate to Coutinho...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 02:36 PM   #1135
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
...I also think we've had his best years by some distance. I cant see him being anything other than a squad player/nearly man at Barca. A similar fate to Coutinho...
Hard to know for sure. He plays brilliant for Holland and with the whole Cruyff link, going to Barca is a dream for many dutch footballers. Spanish football might suit him in a big way.

Also, Barca aren't the team that they were when Xavi, Iniesta et al were in their pomp - but they are still a very good side. Plus they are on the up as well. Yes Messi is on the way down - but Barca still have a lot of very good young players coming up and they are still challenging for the league in Spain.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 02:42 PM   #1136
RichC
Meh

Barcelona’s biggest issue is their debt problems, they might have some good talent coming through but will they need to work out how they’re going to balance the books
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 05:25 PM   #1137
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Barcelona’s biggest issue is their debt problems, they might have some good talent coming through but will they need to work out how they’re going to balance the books
Sell Messi to City and its sorted I'd say.
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 05:47 PM   #1138
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAndWhite View Post
Out of contract at the end of the season.
Old 23-03-21, 06:42 PM   #1139
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAndWhite View Post
Think their issues run deeper than just getting rid of Messi they're supposedly c.€1Bn in debt.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 07:19 PM   #1140
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
As always
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 10:51 PM   #1141
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:

its City. They will probably pay a huge fee just to set some sort of record
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:56 AM   #1142
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Admittedly not the best source but....

Barcelona could end their pursuit of Liverpool's Dutch midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, and instead hand 18-year-old Spanish starlet Ilaix Moriba a key role in the side next season. (Metro)
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:27 PM   #1143
Paul12
Benitez

I will be very sad to see Gini go and he has been a really good constant in this turbulent season, but....

...we will not keep this team in or close to its prime, and we will struggle to avoid the calamity of the Sounness years, unless we continually renew the team and that means replacing the older players with younger players before the older ones go well past their best. His departure simply means he is not hanging around doing valuable filling in tasks like Millie.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC