It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 08-02-21, 08:59 AM   #1441
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Odd that both our full backs look bad. Surely couldn't be that they've been nullified tactically
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 09:35 AM   #1442
kubrickscube
Fagan

They’re getting caught upfield and we don’t have speed merchant centre halves to step into the gaps.
kubrickscube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 10:20 AM   #1443
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubrickscube View Post
They’re getting caught upfield and we don’t have speed merchant centre halves to step into the gaps.
Big time.

With the center backs we had, and Fabinho and Henderson in front of them, we would win the ball back quickly, these 4 players I mentioned would turn it around quickly.....and we'd be in. With our full backs, our front trio and one midfielder all running at the opposition. The turnover has impacted all of that.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 12:03 PM   #1444
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

He's fucking knackered - it's plain to see

personally, this season has gone now - so lets rotate and refresh

rest robertson for the greek, rest trent for either milner or neco, start the two new cb's, move hendo and fab into midfield with Jones and rest gini/thiago

it's the front that are a bit of an issue - all three look shagged, but the drop off from them without Jota to shaqiri/origi is massive.
Old 08-02-21, 08:27 PM   #1445
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
He's fucking knackered - it's plain to see

personally, this season has gone now - so lets rotate and refresh

rest robertson for the greek, rest trent for either milner or neco, start the two new cb's, move hendo and fab into midfield with Jones and rest gini/thiago

it's the front that are a bit of an issue - all three look shagged, but the drop off from them without Jota to shaqiri/origi is massive.

Not that I disagree about rotating them, but the season is not gone... the title is gone for sure, but top 4 is not a given.. get top 4 and we can write off the season and go again next year... but if we miss out on top 4 it could set us back big time...
Old 08-02-21, 11:42 PM   #1446
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Not that I disagree about rotating them, but the season is not gone... the title is gone for sure, but top 4 is not a given.. get top 4 and we can write off the season and go again next year... but if we miss out on top 4 it could set us back big time...

Small matter of the CL as well as a Top 2 finish (and if top 2 is gone then top 3 and so on )
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 11:44 PM   #1447
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Small matter of the CL as well as a Top 2 finish (and if top 2 is gone then top 3 and so on )

Haha
Old 09-02-21, 09:50 AM   #1448
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I think we should start Tsimikas against Leicester at least. Give Robbo a good break before the Leipzig game. He desperately needs a break.

I know it's against a top 4 rival but I'd still do it.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 01:10 PM   #1449
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I agree. Robbo needs a rest more than anyone. When everyone else was struggling he was still performing but he has suddenly dropped off a cliff now. Besides the Greek guy would appear to have a similar game. Give the lad a go.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 01:50 PM   #1450
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
I agree. Robbo needs a rest more than anyone. When everyone else was struggling he was still performing but he has suddenly dropped off a cliff now. Besides the Greek guy would appear to have a similar game. Give the lad a go.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
I don't see him getting a rest before the first CL game, maybe there's a chance between them, but not before.
Old 09-02-21, 02:37 PM   #1451
McDermotX
Paisley

Probably gonna end up that way alright. He looks fucked, but he's a constant in a defence that will surely be introducing a new CB.
Throwing the Greek lad in at the same time would be unlike the Klopp of this season. One or the other for the next game.
Old 04-03-21, 11:14 PM   #1452
RichC
Meh

Feels like he’s got a pass for never getting a rest but he’s been awful for some time now. He’s been brilliant for us but at the moment he looks all over the place (not the only one).

Needs a rest now
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:23 PM   #1453
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

How shit can Tsmikas be? Robbo has looked burst for about 2 months.
Old 04-03-21, 11:24 PM   #1454
Skrtelmania
Houllier

Yes exactly - play the fucking other left back from time to time ffs. Go on like this and Robbo will be completly broken
Skrtelmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:25 PM   #1455
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye
Old 04-03-21, 11:26 PM   #1456
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrtelmania View Post
Yes exactly - play the fucking other left back from time to time ffs. Go on like this and Robbo will be completly broken
Surely the entire point of getting him was so Robbo could get a rest? Instead in the season when we play the most condensed season ever, Robbo is playing every single game.
Old 04-03-21, 11:51 PM   #1457
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Surely the entire point of getting him was so Robbo could get a rest? Instead in the season when we play the most condensed season ever, Robbo is playing every single game.
Only thing I can think is we are changing CBs so often we want full backs to provide some consistency but he clearly needs a rest. He's not been great but there are usually still at least 6 or 7 players in our side having a worse game than him.
Old 04-03-21, 11:52 PM   #1458
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I'd definitely go with Kostas against Fulham. I'd make wholesale changes, freshen it up. What do we have to lose? Tsimikas at LB, Keita in midfield with Fabinho, give fucking Davies a go at CB and start Jota.
Old 05-03-21, 12:02 AM   #1459
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Mane being an absolute bag of shit doesn't help Robbo either.
Together they were such a threat, but also so solid defensively.

One thing i would criticise Robbo about is his final ball/shooting. Awful.
He gets into such good positions but that final delivery or shot, horrid.
Yes he had a load of assists last year, imo he would have had even more if that final ball is better. Something he really needs to work on.
Old 05-03-21, 12:08 AM   #1460
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imy View Post
Mane being an absolute bag of shit doesn't help Robbo either.
Together they were such a threat, but also so solid defensively.

One thing i would criticise Robbo about is his final ball/shooting. Awful.
He gets into such good positions but that final delivery or shot, horrid.
Yes he had a load of assists last year, imo he would have had even more if that final ball is better. Something he really needs to work on.
Old 05-03-21, 09:36 AM   #1461
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I'd definitely go with Kostas against Fulham. I'd make wholesale changes, freshen it up. What do we have to lose? Tsimikas at LB, Keita in midfield with Fabinho, give fucking Davies a go at CB and start Jota.
Not as daft as it sounds... I mean, what's the worst that could happen - a loss? Fuck me, we've had five on the bounce at home with a tried and trusted set of damp squibs. Robbo isn't the only one who needs a rest either - Trent has been dogshit, all the midfield need swapping out and Fabinho + two others like Milner and Keita coming in. Jota needs to come in for Bobby or Mane. Maybe even Shaq as well for both. How the fuck can it actually be worse than it has been for the last two months... impossible.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 12:12 PM   #1462
Scratch
If you fail once....

I imagine Philips will be alongside Kabak for the next match, but having him in against Chelsea would have been suicidal, his lack of pace would have been criminally exposed against the Chelsea tactics.
Old 05-03-21, 02:11 PM   #1463
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Kabak is injured
Old 05-03-21, 02:56 PM   #1464
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Kabak is injured
Fucking hell... they don't stop these injuries do they?!
So that leaves Davies and Fabinho as CB pairing 21 this season... or maybe Williams and Fabinho.. I'm sure they've already had an outing.

Blimey, will we ever get 2 x CBs to play 2 x CB positions...

Forgotten what Fabinho is like in that CDM role...

Robbo needs a rest but with this news about Kabak, Klopp will stick with TAA and Robbo - you just know it.
Old 05-03-21, 02:59 PM   #1465
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Kabak is injured
Phillips is injured.....? Not Kabak unless last night?
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 03:06 PM   #1466
S-RED
Dalglish

kabak copped a knock last night
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:23 PM   #1467
wiw
Paisley

On seconds thoughts, who cares. Nothing to see here

Last edited by wiw; 05-03-21 at 04:37 PM. Reason: meh
wiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:38 PM   #1468
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Kabak is injured
fuck this season
Old 03-04-21, 10:54 PM   #1469
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Robbo looks burst. No lack of effort (one immense flying cross first half). He just looks like he has had too much football. Give him a week or 2 off.
Old 04-04-21, 01:07 AM   #1470
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Robbo looks burst. No lack of effort (one immense flying cross first half ). He just looks like he has had too much football. Give him a week or 2 off.
That was epic
Old 06-04-21, 11:04 PM   #1471
Pepe79
Shankly

Another player who looks in dire need of a break.

Of course Scotland had to choose this year to actually qualify for something

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 11:09 PM   #1472
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Tsmikas must be absolutely shite in training. He was bought as cover. The guy he is deputising for looks out on his feet and still he doesn’t get even close to a look in.
Old 06-04-21, 11:10 PM   #1473
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Surely Tsimikas gets a go v Villa.
Old 07-04-21, 02:25 AM   #1474
Exiled_red
Paisley

I've said this in another thread in relation to Mane but to me it seems whatever metric we are using to measure player fitness seems to be missing something if it is deeming that Robertson, TAA and Mane etc are fit to play 90mins every game, because just looking at them they look out on their feet and all three of them have seen their form plummet.

I'm amazed if our sports science guys aren't picking up on it. If they are then there are other factors at play such as an 80% fit Robertson is better than a fully fit Tsimikas but even still we must be running the risk of injury, it doesn't seem we are in a good place with a number of positions
Old 07-04-21, 08:45 AM   #1475
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I've said this in another thread in relation to Mane but to me it seems whatever metric we are using to measure player fitness seems to be missing something if it is deeming that Robertson, TAA and Mane etc are fit to play 90mins every game, because just looking at them they look out on their feet and all three of them have seen their form plummet.

I'm amazed if our sports science guys aren't picking up on it. If they are then there are other factors at play such as an 80% fit Robertson is better than a fully fit Tsimikas but even still we must be running the risk of injury, it doesn't seem we are in a good place with a number of positions

All three have suffered the biggest and most consistent drop off in form out of the starting eleven. They've all be shit for weeks but it seems more talked about with Trent and now Mane. Robbo has been absolutely appalling too - his first thought is now always to play it five yards backwards and his crosses and corners can't clear the first man. He's been as wasteful in the final third/attacking moves as Trent has been poor at defending/losing possession.

God knows what's happened to Mane as he seems to just rinse and repeat the same shit every time he's on the ball... look for the man in front, run towards him, bounce off him, hit the deck, arms in the air claiming a free kick while sat on your arse, complain, get up and do it all over again.

No chance we come back from 3-1 defeat at an empty Anfield and keep a clean sheet against these lot. They looked slick and efficient last night and they'll cause us plenty of problems in a week's time again. It's fourth or bust now...

The thought of the upcoming Villa game is now giving me the jeebies based on that display.
Old Today, 09:56 PM   #1476
SB
Paisley

Would have loved it if he scored that goal today but at least he gets an assist. Small steps.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC