It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 11-03-21, 01:59 PM   #2641
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Iíve got high hopes as well, his talent is not even for questioning. Needs to stay fit and play for a long period now.

Yeah that is the only question mark about him really. To echo what you said, his talent, ability and potential worth to the team are pretty clear to see.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 10:30 PM   #2642
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Best at through balls in the squad. He weights them so well and is great at finding gaps.
Agreed. Great vision & great weight of pass. He supplies the ammunition when Bobby isnít in the side , but Iím not saying heís like for like, although their goal returns are similar
Old 12-03-21, 02:05 PM   #2643
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Iíve got high hopes as well, his talent is not even for questioning. Needs to stay fit and play for a long period now.
I agree. But let's be honest, nothing here suggests he has any chance of staying fit. When does an injury prone player ever buck the trend and stay fit? I hope he proves me wrong, I just don't think his body can cope with our training or the pace of the game. I was going to say the physical aspect of the English game, but it's no longer the case. There's rarely a tackle of menace in most games these days.
Old 06-04-21, 09:59 PM   #2644
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Absolute shite, sell.
Old 06-04-21, 10:02 PM   #2645
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Tonight wasn't on him. But it's another 43 minutes where he's done fuck all.
Old 06-04-21, 10:04 PM   #2646
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Byeeeeeee
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:24 PM   #2647
vlahka
Still sulking...

He's been at the club long enough to show his worth. Need to sell him.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:27 PM   #2648
danperkins

Klopp trying his best to be kind to Keita. Chap has been a disaster signing. 50 odd fucking million, sick to my teeth of him does absolutely nothing.
Old 06-04-21, 10:28 PM   #2649
McDermotX
Paisley

Didn't leave it on, but it'll be interesting to see how Klopp responds to any question regarding the sub
Old 06-04-21, 10:29 PM   #2650
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Didn't leave it on, but it'll be interesting to see how Klopp responds to any question regarding the sub
Said he tactical and doesn't want it to be a story.
Old 06-04-21, 10:30 PM   #2651
McDermotX
Paisley

Which is in itself a story

Hard to see a future given his inability to break through again this season.
Old 06-04-21, 10:31 PM   #2652
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
I think we need to cut our losses at this point - not suited to the EPL and the way we play. Arguably the only big signing that hasnít worked for us
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:32 PM   #2653
danperkins

Yeah think it's pretty unanimous that he just hasn't cut it. Good luck and good bye.
Old 06-04-21, 10:44 PM   #2654
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Anyone believe him?
Old 06-04-21, 10:46 PM   #2655
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:49 PM   #2656
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Anyone believe him?
I think he feels bad about pulling him off and he'll start the next game.
Old 06-04-21, 10:51 PM   #2657
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Anyone believe him?
It was definitely tactical. Keita was making us tactically shit.

You can’t be passive in a three man midfield and he just trots about. I hate to use the word lazy... but... you know what, there is no better word. Keita is lazy. Needs to put a shift in. Sadio is playing shit as well, but you could never a use sadio of lack of effort. He still runs about full pelt crashing into defenders and falling over.

Even when Keita got on the ball and went past about three players he gave it away and then didn’t chase back.

Troubling times for him. Am sure he has got decent swap potential in the Bundesliga.

Last edited by Buzzo; 06-04-21 at 10:53 PM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:52 PM   #2658
danperkins

Keita is lazy and painfully slow and also a complete pussy. I stand by my statement that for the money we forked out and a value from money perspective, he is one of the worst buys in the clubs history.
Old 06-04-21, 11:12 PM   #2659
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Definitely time to cut our losses now. I feel sorry for him in a way cos he's obviously a talented player but it just hasn't worked out. Someone will pay £30m for him. I'd be looking to play Jones a lot more between now and the end of the season. Fab, Thiago and Jones is a 3 I'd like to see - has a nice balance about it imo.
Old 06-04-21, 11:15 PM   #2660
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone believe him?
I guess maybe, if we expected Madrid to play with 5 at the back then maybe we needed to switch it up a bit? Who knows...guess we will see next match if Naby is picked or not.
Old 07-04-21, 12:23 AM   #2661
Venton
Paisley

I've never seen Keita as lazy, he just doesn't seem to be good enough or tactically astute enough to play for us. Sometimes it doesn't work and you need to move people on at that point. This reminds me of the Karius thread.
Old 07-04-21, 06:24 AM   #2662
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I've never seen Keita as lazy, he just doesn't seem to be good enough or tactically astute enough to play for us. Sometimes it doesn't work and you need to move people on at that point. This reminds me of the Karius thread.
Old 07-04-21, 07:44 AM   #2663
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Naby Keita

Wasnít helped by Fabinho and Gini first half last night. These were as equally poor in midfield. In hindsight, Klopp should have played Keita against Villa and Thiago last night.
Old 07-04-21, 08:34 AM   #2664
Tribute
Shankly

Need to move him on this summer... but then again, that's a growing list and I don't think there'll be a mass clearout: clubs are Covid-impacted and will plead poverty.

Naby was absolute garbage last night but in that first half you can add most of the other starting eleven players to that list. Gini was woeful and only marginally better second half. Fab had an off night, Mane was atrocious with his constant running into defenders and falling over. Salah and Jota collectively didn't do much either. Robbo and Trent look like Championship newbies again and Kabak and Phillips got schooled on their lack of experience, communication and pace.

Madrid were not 'an awesome Madrid side' they were just fast, accurate and efficient.

And yes, last season Ali saves that third one... so he's not blameless either.

A lot to do - maybe too much - at Anfield and I don't think we'll get fourth either, so it's shit Thursday and Sunday football for next season unless we collapse again and fall outside of all European football completely... which arguably is preferable to being in the Europa.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 08:43 AM   #2665
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Need to move him on this summer... but then again, that's a growing list and I don't think there'll be a mass clearout: clubs are Covid-impacted and will plead poverty.

Naby was absolute garbage last night but in that first half you can add most of the other starting eleven players to that list. Gini was woeful and only marginally better second half. Fab had an off night, Mane was atrocious with his constant running into defenders and falling over. Salah and Jota collectively didn't do much either. Robbo and Trent look like Championship newbies again and Kabak and Phillips got schooled on their lack of experience, communication and pace.

Madrid were not 'an awesome Madrid side' they were just fast, accurate and efficient.

And yes, last season Ali saves that third one... so he's not blameless either.

A lot to do - maybe too much - at Anfield and I don't think we'll get fourth either, so it's shit Thursday and Sunday football for next season unless we collapse again and fall outside of all European football completely... which arguably is preferable to being in the Europa.
Agree with all of that
Old 07-04-21, 09:54 AM   #2666
Maxiedge
Shankly

That substitution last night will either be the making or breaking of him. I think he will get one last chance but that will be it.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 11:30 AM   #2667
S-RED
Dalglish

Naby got pelters on SM last night, club have come out puncing & good on them

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC...60372189062573
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 11:51 AM   #2668
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

More clubs/players need to go down the Ian Wright route every single time this happens.

Use the legal system and courts to shine a very big light on the racists, and go after them through any legal avenue.

Screw this attitude of making excuses for people that throw that sort of vile abuse about.

Newsflash, if you say racist things then you are a racist. If you take the time to think of something racist, then take the time to type that racist comment up on social media, and then click send...you are a racist.

No crap about it being heat of the moment or you were having a bad day. Lots of people have bad days, lots of people get upset over the result of a football match, but the vast majority do not default to making racist remarks.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 01:28 PM   #2669
danperkins

There's always going to be a few morons spouting vitriol and abuse, it's not right but thankfully it's a minority.

Regarding Keita as a LFC player, excuses have ran out. No doubt in my mind that he will be sold this summer as we need an overhaul. Get rid of the injury prone and players that are just not providing value for money. Keita unfortunately is both and we can use his sale to fund players that will actually make a difference.
Old 07-04-21, 01:59 PM   #2670
Angryred
Dalglish

A tactical switch after 43 mins???...do me a favour!...Feel for the player as Klopp could have done that switch at halftime & spared the embarrassment/awkwardness!

Definitely no need to make him scapegoat on SM so fucking mindless morons, YNWA Naby!

No need for me to make an analysis on certain players last night as they were mentioned in above so I agree with most of them. Mane should have been taken off, not Jota but was Jota taken off as a precaution?...That cunt Lucas almost cut him in half early in the 2nd half.
Old 07-04-21, 02:43 PM   #2671
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
A tactical switch after 43 mins???...do me a favour!...Feel for the player as Klopp could have done that switch at halftime & spared the embarrassment/awkwardness!

Definitely no need to make him scapegoat on SM so fucking mindless morons, YNWA Naby!

No need for me to make an analysis on certain players last night as they were mentioned in above so I agree with most of them. Mane should have been taken off, not Jota but was Jota taken off as a precaution?...That cunt Lucas almost cut him in half early in the 2nd half.

Quote:
There's always going to be a few morons spouting vitriol and abuse, it's not right but thankfully it's a minority.

Regarding Keita as a LFC player, excuses have ran out. No doubt in my mind that he will be sold this summer as we need an overhaul. Get rid of the injury prone and players that are just not providing value for money. Keita unfortunately is both and we can use his sale to fund players that will actually make a difference.

We'll be lucky to get £20m for him at the moment and hauling him off 2 minutes before half time won't make Edward's job any easier.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 03:39 PM   #2672
Mr Pink
Benitez

I hope heís sold in the summer- and not just on the back of last nights performance- Iíve been saying it for a while that the likes of Keita, origi, ox, etc need to be phased out. Overpaid bench warmers that have done very little, when we actually need them to deliver...

Also I think klopp really dropped the ball last night, by starting him. Putting any player in for his first game back, in the biggest game of the season would be risky- putting in a hot and cold player like Keita is a stupid risk to take imo. Also could tell it wasnít working after 5 min! Iíd have liked to have seen him hooked after 25 min, given that we have 5 subs. It was clear that it wasnít working, and their midfield was having a field day- the goals were a matter of time..
Old 07-04-21, 05:12 PM   #2673
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I hope he’s sold in the summer- and not just on the back of last nights performance- I’ve been saying it for a while that the likes of Keita, origi, ox, etc need to be phased out. Overpaid bench warmers that have done very little, when we actually need them to deliver...

Also I think klopp really dropped the ball last night, by starting him. Putting any player in for his first game back, in the biggest game of the season would be risky- putting in a hot and cold player like Keita is a stupid risk to take imo. Also could tell it wasn’t working after 5 min! I’d have liked to have seen him hooked after 25 min, given that we have 5 subs. It was clear that it wasn’t working, and their midfield was having a field day- the goals were a matter of time..
Whilst I agree that we have far too many sicknotes who are not able to put in a decent performance when called upon... or can stay fit longer than two games in a row... I think there's bugger all chance of all three of them being moved on in the summer.

Most clubs will have small transfer budgets due to the pandemic impact commercially and unless we're desperate to get rid and off the wage bill, we'll lose big money compared to outlay.

If we are putting together a list of 'sicknotes' or just not able to make an impact when they come on, or have been loaned out endlessly... the list would be huge, including some recent signings who have never made much of a dent in the matchday squads...

Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Origi, Adrian, Woodburn, Minamino, Grujic, Karius, Ojo, Wilson, Van Den Berg, Matip, Tsimikas, Davies, N. Williams, R. Williams, Phillips (assuming we buy Kabak and another CB), and probably a couple of others I've forgotten about... it's a long list!

How many of these will be moved on in summer...??
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 06:42 PM   #2674
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Whilst I agree that we have far too many sicknotes who are not able to put in a decent performance when called upon... or can stay fit longer than two games in a row... I think there's bugger all chance of all three of them being moved on in the summer.

Most clubs will have small transfer budgets due to the pandemic impact commercially and unless we're desperate to get rid and off the wage bill, we'll lose big money compared to outlay.

If we are putting together a list of 'sicknotes' or just not able to make an impact when they come on, or have been loaned out endlessly... the list would be huge, including some recent signings who have never made much of a dent in the matchday squads...

Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Origi, Adrian, Woodburn, Minamino, Grujic, Karius, Ojo, Wilson, Van Den Berg, Matip, Tsimikas, Davies, N. Williams, R. Williams, Phillips (assuming we buy Kabak and another CB), and probably a couple of others I've forgotten about... it's a long list!

How many of these will be moved on in summer...??
Apart from the last 5 surely you'd want to offload all of them. Their value isn't likely to go up from now on and they are getting paid for very little. Waiting for a better price doesn't feel like an option, paying their wages for another year doesn't make sense.
Old 07-04-21, 07:02 PM   #2675
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
We'll be lucky to get £20m for him at the moment and hauling him off 2 minutes before half time won't make Edward's job any easier.
definitely going to take a hit. I reckon we'll loan him out back to Germany somewhere. Hopefully have a good season and maybe teams get back on their feet after covid and make some cash back on him.
Old 07-04-21, 07:03 PM   #2676
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I hope heís sold in the summer- and not just on the back of last nights performance- Iíve been saying it for a while that the likes of Keita, origi, ox, etc need to be phased out. Overpaid bench warmers that have done very little, when we actually need them to deliver...

Also I think klopp really dropped the ball last night, by starting him. Putting any player in for his first game back, in the biggest game of the season would be risky- putting in a hot and cold player like Keita is a stupid risk to take imo. Also could tell it wasnít working after 5 min! Iíd have liked to have seen him hooked after 25 min, given that we have 5 subs. It was clear that it wasnít working, and their midfield was having a field day- the goals were a matter of time..
spot on this
Old 07-04-21, 09:17 PM   #2677
~LFCHistory~
Dalglish

Wee Joe Keita
~LFCHistory~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 09:54 PM   #2678
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
Apart from the last 5 surely you'd want to offload all of them. Their value isn't likely to go up from now on and they are getting paid for very little. Waiting for a better price doesn't feel like an option, paying their wages for another year doesn't make sense.
Whatever you might think about the likes of Ox, Keita, Shaq, Origi, Adrian, Minamino and Matip they represent about a quarter of our senior squad and our squad isn't excessively large, you would probably need to replace them with at least 4 other players from somewhere that's still a significant overhaul. That's before you consider Wijnaldum leaving and needing to be replaced and any other business we want or need to do concerning the first team. I just don't see that many players plus the likes of Wilson, Grujic etc all being moved on in a single window.
Old 07-04-21, 10:19 PM   #2679
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Whatever you might think about the likes of Ox, Keita, Shaq, Origi, Adrian, Minamino and Matip they represent about a quarter of our senior squad and our squad isn't excessively large, you would probably need to replace them with at least 4 other players from somewhere that's still a significant overhaul. That's before you consider Wijnaldum leaving and needing to be replaced and any other business we want or need to do concerning the first team. I just don't see that many players plus the likes of Wilson, Grujic etc all being moved on in a single window.
I'd be surprised if we did offload them all because it's a lot of work to undertake. But looking at that list you'd want to replace them if you could - Ox and Matip because of their injuries, if you're bringing the others on something has gone horribly wrong. Maybe I'm being a bit tight on Shaq there. You're right though, that is a serious overhaul.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC