It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 19-04-11, 02:41 PM   #161
tsb
Dalglish

From Wiki:

On December 6, 2010, it was reported that he's been accused of rape in Moscow. However, later the same day the investigators announced that the accused is an unrelated Portuguese citizen Mario Gonzalez, who is also allegedly a professional footballer.

tsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 19-04-11, 02:56 PM   #162
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Got a real taste for the women though hasn't he. Ale and women was said to be one of the biggest reasons he failed at our place.
Old 19-04-11, 02:57 PM   #163
Chrono
Almost The Shittest Cowboy

Nothing to see here.
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-11, 03:06 PM   #164
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Ha

jamesappell James Appell
Think CSKA winger Mark Gonzalez is getting a bit ahead of himself. "To play for Man Utd would be a dream". Become a regular for CSKA first.
Old 19-04-11, 03:09 PM   #165
MrMichael
The Pun Police

And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-11, 04:15 PM   #166
Exiled_red
Paisley

Old 19-04-11, 04:18 PM   #167
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

mark gonzalez - god i thought that was going to be it...i thought he'd be a young 'superstar' we found from nowhere - pacy, tricky, skilful, left wing sorted!!

hahaha - didn't he quit the national team because before a friendly in ireland, the coach found him in his room bladdered with loads of female 'fans' he'd met at 3am......Gonzalez's defence was that they just wanted autographs
Old 19-04-11, 04:21 PM   #168
Tee
El Pistolero

I very nearly got his name printed on my home shirt that season. Thank fuck I swerved and went for Gerrard instead.
Old 19-04-11, 05:23 PM   #169
Lee
Chunder camel

Such a let down after all the hype when we signed him. I remember telling people that he'll be better than Ronaldo. Especially when he scored in the CL Qualifiers with his first touch.

Still, he had good hair.
Old 19-04-11, 05:29 PM   #170
Vermilion
Shooterista

So i'm seeing everyone lamenting the arrival of MG, and how he was'nt much good for us, but the article above says he's been doing well in spain and in russia, so was he a good little player that just never settled in and would have ultimately been good for us had he stayed longer than one season, based on his apparent good form since leaving.

I'm only going on the article by the way, when i talk of good form since leaving us, i've no real idea how he's done, except to hear a while ago he was doing well in spain.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-11, 05:32 PM   #171
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Nah, I got caught up in all the hype and thought he'd be the next big thing. I don't think he owes us anything though and can't see a problem if he took the opportunity to join Uinted if the chance was there. He'd be a fool not to.
Old 19-04-11, 06:18 PM   #172
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Gonzoooooooo sign him up!!!!

Old 19-04-11, 08:12 PM   #173
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I very nearly got his name printed on my home shirt that season. Thank fuck I swerved and went for Gerrard instead.
Save of the century
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 04:13 PM   #174
S-RED
Dalglish

Blimey
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 04:32 PM   #175
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Fucking hell, poor bugger
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 04:55 PM   #176
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Blimey, he's only young too.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 05:41 PM   #177
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

WTF ......WOW Get well soon Buddy
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 06:20 PM   #178
Yozza
Shankly

Yeah get well soon fella - only 36 FFS

YNWA

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2

Last edited by Yozza; 12-03-21 at 06:29 PM.
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 09:22 PM   #179
SB
Paisley

Get well soon Speedy.
Old 29-03-21, 03:55 PM   #180
Yozza
Shankly

Mark Gonzalez: I'm recovering - it feels like nothing ever happened

Mark Gonzalez is recovering well following his health scare.

The former Liverpool winger was admitted to hospital in his native Chile earlier this month after experiencing chest pains.

Happily, though, the 36-year-old now feels like ‘nothing ever happened’ as he continues his period of recuperation at home.

Speaking on the latest episode of LFCTV’s Extra Time, Gonzalez recalls: “I went to bed at midnight [with] a very low feeling of chest pain.

“I didn’t really feel like it was something very important, so I just went to bed, slept and the pain went higher, it wouldn’t stop until 4am. I took the car and drove to the hospital because I thought it wasn’t normal.

“They did some blood tests and stuff and they said, ‘We have to take you urgently to another hospital because you are going to suffer a heart attack’. I said, ‘Are you joking? I need to take my son to school!’ because I wasn’t feeling that bad.

“I had chest pain but I wasn’t really bad, but I was going to be really bad if they didn’t take care of it immediately. So I had to go to the hospital, had a lot of exams, an MRI, blood tests… I was feeling really strange because I wasn’t feeling that bad. But at any moment I could even have died because I was having a very big inflammation in my heart caused by a virus. I had to stay for two days in the hospital.

“It wasn’t that easy for me because, like I said, I was feeling good. But inside I wasn’t that good, I could have died. But right now I am recovering, I feel like nothing ever happened. The worst part is that I have to be six months with no sports, I don’t know what I’m going to do! I just have to take care of myself.

“I’m happy to be here with you guys, to be with my family, and that it wasn’t worse. It already passed and I just need to take care.”

Gonzalez continues: “I was calm but I had this feeling four or five times before, it was very strange. But this time I think they detected it because they were doing the exams in the right moments with the pain there.

“The other times I would feel the same pain, probably worse, but it would just be for 15, 20 minutes or maybe 10 sometimes. So I really didn’t know what it was before even if I did the exams and my heart was OK.

“So when they told me, ‘You are having a heart attack’ I said: ‘Is it that serious? I don’t feel that bad. I need to take my son to school, I need to do my daily routine. I’m alright.’

“I went to the hospital thinking that I was going to take some exams and they were going to give me a pill and I would go back home and maybe take it easy.

“In general terms, in that moment it was strange. I was calm but it was strange, because like I said, I wasn’t feeling that bad.”

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-04-21, 09:53 PM   #181
SB
Paisley

Good news. Onwards and upwards.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC