It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 13-01-21, 12:18 AM   #25921
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Luke Shaw quite lucky here.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 12:38 AM   #25922
fabinho
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Yeah i see what you mean, but 'as it stands' we are looking at going thru the majority of the rest of this season with one 'broken', 2 rookies & the best DEF midfielder as centre half's.
This is it for me. The situation isn't changing for the rest of the season, the fear factor has definitely gone over the last few weeks and many have a confidence now that was non existent before. At this moment, plenty see us as there for the taking.

I honestly think we're going to find ourselves in a battle for a top 4 place unless we address the defence. Thats not being all doom and gloom, its purely down to bad fortune with injuries. We'll be back next season, but this ones going to be very tough.
Old 13-01-21, 12:56 AM   #25923
Venton
Paisley

Who knows? Maybe playing one of our biggest rivals might actually fire up our attack for once.
Old 13-01-21, 01:34 AM   #25924
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I don't see much wrong with Shaw's tackle if I'm honest. His foot whipped up but it didn't have the full force of his leg behind it like a straight legged tackle.
Old 13-01-21, 05:40 AM   #25925
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I don't see much wrong with Shaw's tackle if I'm honest. His foot whipped up but it didn't have the full force of his leg behind it like a straight legged tackle.

Do you mean that you donít think it was a foul?
Old 13-01-21, 08:31 AM   #25926
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Do you mean that you donít think it was a foul?
Not yellow card worthy no.
Old 13-01-21, 09:51 AM   #25927
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I think it was. He clearly went over and caught the guyís leg.
Old 13-01-21, 11:14 AM   #25928
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I think it was. He clearly went over and caught the guyís leg.
It didn't feel like a red though
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 11:46 AM   #25929
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Out of control, dangerous tackle.
Old 13-01-21, 01:34 PM   #25930
vlahka
Still sulking...

Studs up. Should be a card by default. Thats how you break shins.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 02:11 PM   #25931
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
It didn't feel like a red though
No, not a red, but definitely a yellow.
Old 13-01-21, 03:23 PM   #25932
Mr Pink
Benitez

Yaaa I donít see what the debate is about- clear yellow, definitely not a red... good call from VAR
Old 14-01-21, 10:29 AM   #25933
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Rafa was right with his facts 'rant' and everyone knows it

Old 14-01-21, 10:34 AM   #25934
wiw
Paisley

So he's basically admitting that United used to get favourable decisions. Absolutely unreal. He was a referee at the time FFS
Old 14-01-21, 10:39 AM   #25935
RichC
Meh

All he's really done is confirm that they did get favourable decisions and then speculate that it's not true now based on his opinion whereas looking at the number of pens they get tells a different story.

Let's not forget the Richard Scudamore quotes about a Manchester Uniteds troubles affect the PL brand; the Premier League is now a business first and foremost and sport a very distant second so why wouldn't they look to protect their percevied "strongest brand".
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 10:45 AM   #25936
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
So he's basically admitting that United used to get favourable decisions. Absolutely unreal. He was a referee at the time FFS
Don't think Clattenburg was one of Fergie's favourites. One of the few refs (during the Fergie era) that didn't toe ('tow' - Duncan) the line.

Things have definitely been better over the last few years (i.e. favourable decisions to Utd) but this season has been a bit dodgy.
Old 14-01-21, 10:51 AM   #25937
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post
Don't think Clattenburg was one of Fergie's favourites. One of the few refs (during the Fergie era) that didn't toe ('tow' - Duncan) the line.

Things have definitely been better over the last few years (i.e. favourable decisions to Utd) but this season has been a bit dodgy.
This season? Last season they had a record amount of pens.
Old 14-01-21, 11:00 AM   #25938
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
This season? Last season they had a record amount of pens.
Interesting. Were they mainly given post the covid break?
Old 14-01-21, 01:30 PM   #25939
Chiccada
Fagan

Can't see the lads not being up for this game. Something very wrong if so. I'm confident we'll win.
Interesting to note that their form against direct rivals is shonky at best and this game is the first league away game against one of them this season, with almost half of it played.

Perfect game for us after the patchy spell IMHO.

Last edited by Chiccada; 14-01-21 at 01:31 PM. Reason: clarification
Chiccada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 01:45 PM   #25940
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Yeah, let’s own these cunts.
Old 14-01-21, 05:35 PM   #25941
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post

Didn't yer man Tomkins do a big article on the dodgy calls that fergies teams used to get?

If I remember correctly, Clattenberg was the ref the day they lost 601 at home to City. The famous Balotelli 'Why Always Me' game. Fergie laid into Clattenberg afterwards and I think M-C gave him a little back - or at least didn't bend over.

Anyway, Clattenberg didn't get a United game for something like 15 months after that. Fergie must have picked Howard Webb a lot in that time. And when he did, it was in a game against a decent team (Chelsea I think) and he gave some crazy decisions in a jammy United win.

The whole thing stinks. David Gill was on the FA board for fuck sake. If that was Italian football, we'd all be joking about how the thing was rigged.

Even now, the Cavani ban recently was a joke. The FA put out new guidelines in the summer and it was clearly a 3 match ban for what he did on social media. You can argue if that was right or wrong in the particular case, but as per the guidelines, it was a 3 game ban. It took someone on here (Pinky i think) less than a day to point out those guidelines to us.......and how it was a straightforward 3 game ban. That is a fan of the game....not someone who wrote, approved or was traianed on the brand new guidelines. The FA took a few months to think it over....hummed and haa'ed for fuckin weeks......and then announced his straightforward 3 game ban right before they had a caraboa cup game and an fa cup match. So effectively it was a one game ban. You telling me that is a coincidence? Is it fuck.....
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 05:46 AM   #25942
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Didn't yer man Tomkins do a big article on the dodgy calls that fergies teams used to get?

If I remember correctly, Clattenberg was the ref the day they lost 601 at home to City. The famous Balotelli 'Why Always Me' game. Fergie laid into Clattenberg afterwards and I think M-C gave him a little back - or at least didn't bend over.

Anyway, Clattenberg didn't get a United game for something like 15 months after that. Fergie must have picked Howard Webb a lot in that time. And when he did, it was in a game against a decent team (Chelsea I think) and he gave some crazy decisions in a jammy United win.

The whole thing stinks. David Gill was on the FA board for fuck sake. If that was Italian football, we'd all be joking about how the thing was rigged.

Even now, the Cavani ban recently was a joke. The FA put out new guidelines in the summer and it was clearly a 3 match ban for what he did on social media. You can argue if that was right or wrong in the particular case, but as per the guidelines, it was a 3 game ban. It took someone on here (Pinky i think) less than a day to point out those guidelines to us.......and how it was a straightforward 3 game ban. That is a fan of the game....not someone who wrote, approved or was traianed on the brand new guidelines. The FA took a few months to think it over....hummed and haa'ed for fuckin weeks......and then announced his straightforward 3 game ban right before they had a caraboa cup game and an fa cup match. So effectively it was a one game ban. You telling me that is a coincidence? Is it fuck.....

When you consider that the Liverpool team and city team of the last few years have been the 2 best teams in PL history (points wise at least), the rivalry really hasnít been as big as one might expect... noones gonna remember the rivalry the way people remember the rivalries between fergie, wenger, rafa, mourinho, etc.. even now, if we canít win it, weíre all hoping to fock that city would, ahead of united... we hate one or two city players, and their fans are a joke... but I think a lot of us admire what pep has done, in a way that we never would have with fergie (at the time at least)- we just donít hate them as much...

Anyway, you have to imagine that the premier league would love to have the title race between united and Liverpool- two global fanbases that absolutely fuckin hate each otherís guts. Sometimes it feels like theyíre given the helping hand they need to put them into that title race... itís good for the brand... same as last season, it was good for the brand, that they snatch the CL spot ahead of the likes of leicester, who prob have a fan base about 1% the size of uniteds
Old 15-01-21, 10:41 AM   #25943
wiw
Paisley

Just look at that Man United vs Arsenal game. Proof if ever you needed it that the officiating is bent
Old 15-01-21, 11:17 AM   #25944
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Rafa was right with his facts 'rant' and everyone knows it

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/stat...97123843301378
And Fergie isn't even dead yet. Imagine the allegations when he goes.
Old 15-01-21, 03:06 PM   #25945
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Just look at that Man United vs Arsenal game. Proof if ever you needed it that the officiating is bent
The one where they systematically kicked lumps out of that invincible Arsenal side for 90 minutes? Don't think Reyes was ever the same after that game, Scholes and Neville set upon him like rabid dogs from the off.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 04:18 PM   #25946
S-RED
Dalglish

this one

https://www.planetfootball.com/nosta...-arsenal-2004/

S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 04:38 PM   #25947
fabinho
Houllier

Mike Riley was an utter c*nt of a Ref. It was disgusting that he got away with this shit when officiating time and time again. The most biased ref to ever walk the pitch.
Old 15-01-21, 04:41 PM   #25948
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
The one where they systematically kicked lumps out of that invincible Arsenal side for 90 minutes? Don't think Reyes was ever the same after that game, Scholes and Neville set upon him like rabid dogs from the off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Yeah this one. Time for the annual whinge about it

Not even 2 minutes into it and Rooney and Neville should have been booked. Ferdinand should've been sent off and a foul wasn't even given. Fuck me
Old 15-01-21, 04:43 PM   #25949
wiw
Paisley

Van Nistelrooy should've gone. This is unreal!
Old 15-01-21, 05:20 PM   #25950
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
Mike Riley was an utter c*nt of a Ref. It was disgusting that he got away with this shit when officiating time and time again. The most biased ref to ever walk the pitch.
And he is in charge of the ref committee now right?
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 05:22 PM   #25951
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
The tendrils of DBF still stretch very far

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 07:26 PM   #25952
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
Yep, still interfering; any wonder the mancs are on the up......

Unbelievable in a multi million pound business this happens, or actually maybe it isn't .....
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 09:29 PM   #25953
SB
Paisley

I refuse to watch shit like that anymore. It was bad enough at the time & only incenses me more now. It’s hard to take the game seriously when you see shit like that & the diving that goes on. VAR should have improved the game but corruption won’t be eliminated from the game unfortunately.
Old 17-01-21, 03:00 AM   #25954
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Yeah this one. Time for the annual whinge about it

Not even 2 minutes into it and Rooney and Neville should have been booked. Ferdinand should've been sent off and a foul wasn't even given. Fuck me
All i can say is those Arsenal players had a seriously long fuse that day. I would've been losing my mind. If id have been playing that day there is no way on earth id have stayed on the pitch.

Considering how many red's Vieira got in his career im surprised he didnt send one of the Mancs into orbit, breaking both their legs and then rip Riley's head off when he dished out the card.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football