It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 10-05-19, 04:51 PM   #4281
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

The post above that Bender deleted - big Telegraph exclusive that City have triggered Chilwell's £42m release clause.
Old 10-05-19, 04:53 PM   #4282
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

It's very weird. That story recently that City are going to sign Bruno Fernandes came from that Sam Lee at Goal, and then got picked up by Sky and others. Lee tweeted a full retraction and apology, saying he got it wrong.

Now Ducker has done this re Chilwell.

Since when do journos issue retractions and apologies over transfer stories that might not be correct. Have City threatened to send the heavies round?
Old 10-05-19, 04:55 PM   #4283
dom9
Ant Pisser

Might be sensitive about being seen to be tapping up / rule breaking at these times of being investigated all over the place.

There's a lesson for everyone in our VvD saga.
Old 10-05-19, 05:08 PM   #4284
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Could well be a good point yeah
Old 10-05-19, 05:08 PM   #4285
Liverpool
Paisley

People behind the curtain at city always say the level of detail and the size of the organisation is mind blowing..
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 05:14 PM   #4286
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
People behind the curtain at city always say the level of detail and the size of the organisation is mind blowing..
The number of backroom staff they have on their benches (plural) is unreal.

Just a few years ago most clubs, including ours, were run "back of a fag packet" style. When I had my run in with the club every journo said the same, that we'd all be absolutely amazed how tinpot we were, how incredibly amateurishly run we were. Same applied to most I think, but City are obviously different now and I assume we are now too.
Old 10-05-19, 05:23 PM   #4287
Liverpool
Paisley

They chucked money all over the shop 5-6 years ago. Loads of analysts looking at recovery, diet, sleep etc to level no other club has.

The leaked documents earlier in the year show they've got a team of lawyers and are happy for a PR war. It was mad that hardly noone picked up on the leak..

No stone left unturned. I was even jealous of their YouTube/Social Media content. Ours had been good the last few years.
Old 10-05-19, 05:24 PM   #4288
Liverpool
Paisley

They are like a hostile military state rather than a football club.
Old 10-05-19, 05:28 PM   #4289
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
They are like a hostile military state rather than a football club.
Well, they are the PR arm of a human rights abusing security state.

I fucking hate what they stand for.
Old 10-05-19, 06:45 PM   #4290
S-RED
Dalglish

& thats why they will get away with all the current investigations in to their corruptness/(is that a word??)

the premier league is fucked until they have the balls to take on their trillions
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 07:37 PM   #4291
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Bearing in mind they have teams spread all over the globe, is there an element of fear in FIFA that they might form breakaway leagues or something?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:05 PM   #4292
dom9
Ant Pisser

What, amongst themselves?
Old 10-05-19, 08:27 PM   #4293
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
What, amongst themselves?
And a few more obviously
Old 10-05-19, 08:44 PM   #4294
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
And a few more obviously
Would be nice to see them fuck off and form their own little sky blue league, playing in state of the art, sold out but mysteriously empty stadia.
Old 10-05-19, 11:14 PM   #4295
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

Quote:
Might be sensitive about being seen to be tapping up / rule breaking at these times of being investigated all over the place.

There's a lesson for everyone in our VvD saga.
More likely they just don't want the competition isn't it? triggering a release clause surely can't be tapping up.

Would love to know what they said to the journalist.
Old 10-05-19, 11:28 PM   #4296
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
More likely they just don't want the competition isn't it? triggering a release clause surely can't be tapping up.

Could be, depending how they found out about the value of the release clause.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 11:32 PM   #4297
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post

All I know is that they are pretty extreme when it comes to adverse pr. And this fits the mould exactly.
Old 12-05-19, 12:34 PM   #4298
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Would be nice to see them fuck off and form their own little sky blue league, playing in state of the art, sold out but mysteriously empty stadia.
Old 13-05-19, 06:54 PM   #4299
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 13-05-19, 06:57 PM   #4300
Phoenix07
The Normal One

More chance of us re-signing Reina, Sterling, Coutinho and Suarez this summer.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 06:59 PM   #4301
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Also it would make their PL campaign much easier.
Old 13-05-19, 07:14 PM   #4302
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

A year would be a waste of time. Has to be much longer than that.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 07:42 PM   #4303
topscorer
Dalglish

They'll just ban all of English football, much easier.

All English finals in Madrid & Baku, friendly police delighted to have us all there and the minority of twats from all clubs that will cause trouble.

It's a perfect mix for incidents to happen and be allowed to escalate by the police and then for UEFA to step in and just ban the lot of us so the rest of Europe can catch up again.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 07:47 PM   #4304
Assassin
Kloppite

If they got banned for a couple of seasons, guardiola would leave along with many players
Old 13-05-19, 07:55 PM   #4305
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Cheating snide cunts.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 08:02 PM   #4306
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
They'll just ban all of English football, much easier.

All English finals in Madrid & Baku, friendly police delighted to have us all there and the minority of twats from all clubs that will cause trouble.

It's a perfect mix for incidents to happen and be allowed to escalate by the police and then for UEFA to step in and just ban the lot of us so the rest of Europe can catch up again.
You keep saying this but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

The glamour games and teams this year have all involved English teams. They're vital for the competition.
Old 13-05-19, 08:13 PM   #4307
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Interesting that all the City financial rule breaking stuff breaks in foreign and overseas journals. Feels like City’s legal team have it all locked down in the UK.

Ultimately if they have broken the rules the repercussions should affect them across all tournaments surely?

Also, would it not be an idea for them to be brought into line? To be made to cut their cloth?

A one year ban in isolation is a drop in the ocean.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 08:20 PM   #4308
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
You keep saying this but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

The glamour games and teams this year have all involved English teams. They're vital for the competition.

Have I said it before? I don't remember, I know I've mentioned it to Frenchie offline but I didn't think I'd posted here.

I'm genuinely concerned about it.

We won't be the glamour games if we aren't in it, they'll build up the clubs left in it.

The Spanish police, Football Federation, government and country as a whole won't give a shit if we get banned, on the contrary I'm sure they'd be delighted.

Any pretext to ban us all from Europe will give the other big leagues a chance to catch up, the EPL is so far ahead financially at the moment and several of the big clubs in Europe in such huge financial difficulties they need to handicap the EPL so they can try and catch up.

City awash with money might not be nice for us but they are in a much tougher league so even with all that money it's been difficult for them to have success in Europe. Meanwhile plenty of other clubs in Europe are in a mess financially but they are getting away with it because everyone focuses on City.

I hope I'm wrong and all the fans that go to Madrid and Baku have a wonderful time and that the few dicks that cause problems get dealt with in a proportionate way and do not get more attention than they deserves.

But I'm worried, I think a lot of people in Europe will think it would be perfect if they could ban English clubs from European competition for a while.
Old 13-05-19, 08:31 PM   #4309
Frenchie
Dalglish

Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
UEFA they will do everything to fuck it up..
Sounds like they're actually proposing the opposite.

dom9 you replied to me in the Robertson thread..maybe you still had it in mind?

I agree with topscorer though..
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 08:34 PM   #4310
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Have I said it before? I don't remember, I know I've mentioned it to Frenchie offline but I didn't think I'd posted here.

We won't be the glamour games if we aren't in it, they'll build up the clubs left in it.

The Spanish police, Football Federation, government and country as a whole won't give a shit if we get banned, on the contrary I'm sure they'd be delighted.

Any pretext to ban us all from Europe will give the other big leagues a chance to catch up, the EPL is so far ahead financially at the moment and several of the big clubs in Europe in such huge financial difficulties they need to handicap the EPL so they can try and catch up.

City awash with money might not be nice for us but they are in a much tougher league so even with all that money it's been difficult for them to have success in Europe. Meanwhile plenty of other clubs in Europe are in a mess financially but they are getting away with it because everyone focuses on City.

I hope I'm wrong and all the fans that go to Madrid and Baku have a wonderful time and that the few dicks that cause problems get dealt with in a proportionate way and do not get more attention than they deserves.

But I'm worried, I think a lot of people in Europe will think it would be perfect if they could ban English clubs from European competition for a while.
Yeah I'm sure I replied to one post yesterday and I vaguely recall more.

But yeah, I just can't see it myself.
Old 13-05-19, 08:35 PM   #4311
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
UEFA they will do everything to fuck it up..
Sounds like they're actually proposing the opposite.

dom9 you replied to me in the Robertson thread..maybe you still had it in mind?

I agree with topscorer though..
Ah, right. It was you.

Apologies, TS
Old 13-05-19, 08:57 PM   #4312
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Ah, right. It was you.

Apologies, TS

. Just didn't remember saying anything on EST before.

Most people will think I'm mad thinking this could happen and hopefully they'll be right!
Old 13-05-19, 09:19 PM   #4313
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Interesting that all the City financial rule breaking stuff breaks in foreign and overseas journals. Feels like City’s legal team have it all locked down in the UK.

Ultimately if they have broken the rules the repercussions should affect them across all tournaments surely?

Also, would it not be an idea for them to be brought into line? To be made to cut their cloth?

A one year ban in isolation is a drop in the ocean.
I guess that this comes down to the jurisdiction of the governing body, while UEFA are 'senior' to the FA in the hieracry I suspect that they have to leave the individual FA's to enforce their own rules. They are dealing with Man City because the have deemed that they have breached UEFA rules and can ban them from UEFA competitions, and possibly hand down a transfer ban (which will affect the club in all competitions), but they can't interfer with FA's rules that would have to be dealt with seperately. (I guess this is equivalent to the FA being able to ban a player from playing for a significant period of time but they can't make the club sack the player)
Old 13-05-19, 10:08 PM   #4314
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

Quote:

I don't think so - if there was trouble it would have to be exceptional to ban a club otherwise it would be disproportionate. There's plenty worse going on than throwing a few locals into a fountain. I mean look at the fall out for Roma.

Heysel was a completely different event and god forbid anything like that happens again, but there were lessons there for UEFA as well, although putting a final in Baku would suggest otherwise.

I genuinely believe that one of the reasons FFP breakers are not dealt with is due to the fear of legal challenge. Some may have more resources than others for legal teams, but we're not exactly broke and neither are Man U etc. An 'unfair' ban would have financial consequences that any team would challenge and probably win - if they can prove it is an unfair restraint of trade.

Also, I don't think you can punish a club for what happens in a game they aren't playing in any more - it's not fair - I mean look at what it did to Everton...

Besides, the EPL is one of the reasons why there is so much money rolling into UEFA. I don't think they're so deaf that they don't hear money talk.

In short, let's hope everyone representing us does us proud (and Spurs them etc.), I'm sure they will and I think you can relax and enjoy the game.

Last edited by Tatterdemalion; 13-05-19 at 10:10 PM.
Tatterdemalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 04:40 AM   #4315
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I guess that this comes down to the jurisdiction of the governing body, while UEFA are 'senior' to the FA in the hieracry I suspect that they have to leave the individual FA's to enforce their own rules. They are dealing with Man City because the have deemed that they have breached UEFA rules and can ban them from UEFA competitions, and possibly hand down a transfer ban (which will affect the club in all competitions), but they can't interfer with FA's rules that would have to be dealt with seperately. (I guess this is equivalent to the FA being able to ban a player from playing for a significant period of time but they can't make the club sack the player)
If/when Eufa ban them from European competition. The FA must impose a point deduction and strip them of the title to place them in 5th place in the PL. This allows 4 clubs to fill the alloted places in the CL. The FA have to show unity with Uefa with towards financial doping

Last edited by Assassin; 14-05-19 at 05:09 AM.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 05:27 AM   #4316
Irishnev
Shankly

Plastic fans
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 07:55 AM   #4317
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Hollow
Old 14-05-19, 07:58 AM   #4318
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

And that's probably with the stadium sound effects at full volume.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 08:03 AM   #4319
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Really don't want them banned from Europe. Would give us no chance in the league.
Old 14-05-19, 08:06 AM   #4320
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Really don't want them banned from Europe. Would give us no chance in the league.
Depends how long their ban is or additional compliance requirements. If they have to trim the squad or players want out it will hurt them

est1892 > Football > General Football