It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 16-06-13, 05:14 PM   #41
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-06-13, 05:15 PM   #42
peekay
Dr.

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
2m

Kinnear: "I'm a very good judge of players, I'm a very good tactician ... I intend to make Newcastle far better than they are now"

Kinnear: " "Because I wasn't a Geordie I got rejected. My record speaks for itself. We was flying. You could get 1000000-1 that we were staying up

Kinnear: "I'm fit as a fiddle now. I've been working out in the gym - in best physical shape I've ever been in. Waiting for opportunity"

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 5m
"I'm looking forward to meeting media. I got to know #nufc inside-out. I didn't realise before I went up there Geordies are Geordies" #nufc

Last edited by peekay; 16-06-13 at 05:23 PM.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 06:01 PM   #43
red g
Paisley

Top Ranting from Kinnear

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 06:17 PM   #44
Lee
Chunder camel

That's a very decent rant to be honest.
Old 16-06-13, 07:01 PM   #45
Chazza
Des Lynam

Somewhere Mick Harford is sitting patiently by the phone.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 07:17 PM   #46
dom9
Ant Pisser

I was saddened at Newcastle apparently sorting themselves out 2 seasons ago under Pardew, seemingly set to shed their premier joke club status.

I needn't have worried.
Old 16-06-13, 07:59 PM   #47
Exiled_red
Paisley

Old 16-06-13, 08:46 PM   #48
red g
Paisley

He said: 'When I took over we were third from bottom, we were lying 12th when I had my heart attack and we were flying - you could get a million to one on that we were staying up.

'I had the heart attack, I don't really like talking about it, and from there we got relegated. I think the people in and around that club were trying to implicate me in the fact we got relegated when actually it was a load of crap.

'If I'd still been there that would never happened - just for the record, I've never been manager at a club that's got relegated.'

He obviously forget he was in charge at Luton when relegated

Also says he will have final say on transfers. Sure Pardew is delighted

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 09:10 PM   #49
Phil
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Hmmmmm.... if Pardew quits they presumably wont have to pay him a massive severance package.... cheaper than sacking I presume
Old 16-06-13, 10:30 PM   #50
Liverpel
Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
He said: 'When I took over we were third from bottom, we were lying 12th when I had my heart attack and we were flying - you could get a million to one on that we were staying up.

'I had the heart attack, I don't really like talking about it, and from there we got relegated. I think the people in and around that club were trying to implicate me in the fact we got relegated when actually it was a load of crap.

'If I'd still been there that would never happened - just for the record, I've never been manager at a club that's got relegated.'

He obviously forget he was in charge at Luton when relegated

Maybe a late bid for Carroll? He'd be Joe's type of player.
Old 16-06-13, 11:44 PM   #51
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hmmmmm.... if Pardew quits they presumably wont have to pay him a massive severance package.... cheaper than sacking I presume
nail on head.

Shit season followed by criticism of the chairman was only going to end one way. But fair play to fat Mike for finding a creative way to get rid of Pardew.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 11:54 PM   #52
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post

I thought it was a reference to Newcastle Brown Ale as a sponsor or something. Fucking hilarious when you say it all at once.
Old 16-06-13, 11:57 PM   #53
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Kinnear
Old 17-06-13, 09:07 AM   #54
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

I’d have thought the only thing Newcastle have done right in recent years is their transfer activity and that would be the last thing they’d need to look at changing.

Crazy.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 10:30 AM   #55
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
They wouldn't have had to pay up his entire contract anyway.

Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 11:36 PM   #56
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...medium=twitter

Quote:
Joe Kinnear claims Derek Llambias has 'resigned' from current role at NUFC

New NUFC director of football has caused a stir on Twitter with fans after claiming Derek Llambias has resigned and also naming star man Yohan Cabaye by the name of "Yohan Kebabs"

In a bizarre interview when asked if he had a message for Toon fans he left supporters stunned by saying: "Do you want Derek Lambazee back instead?"

And the new director of football has suggested that the Londoner will now focus solely on “finance” at St James’ Park.

In an interview on Talksport last night Kinnear played down Llambias’ role at the club.

He said: “Derek Llambias has resigned.

“And the job has became available.

“Derek has decided to go back and be in charge of finances.

“The job is detail.

“You have to be in partnership with the manager.

“And look at the strengths and weaknesses of the team.”

Kinnear has already suffered a roasting by Newcastle fans but said he could handle the hot reception so far.

He added: “It is part and parcel of the game these days.

“You look at managers and they are lucky if they last two seasons.

“The fans stamp their feet.

“If they aren’t happy with what is going on you get the bullet.”

United are expected to announce Kinnear’s arrival today but when asked about the delay, the former Eire player said: “I only signed the contract on Sunday night.”

Then explaining who would sign players he backtracked from suggesting he had the “final say” just two days earlier.

He said: “We both do.

“He’s the manager and we will sit down and discuss.

“We also have Graham Carr.

“He also has a say in the matter.

“We will look at the strengths and weaknesses between us.

“Nobody has an ego, I haven’t.”

Kinnear also said he would meet Pardew “for lunch” today but sent Twitter into a frenzy by calling Yohan Cabaye “Yohan Kebab” and claiming he signed Tim Krul and James Perch, when the Dutchman was signed in 2005 by Graeme Souness and the Mansfield-born utility man arrived over a year after Kinnear left Tyneside.
Old 17-06-13, 11:36 PM   #57
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Here is the interview

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/and...n-media-199848
Old 17-06-13, 11:41 PM   #58
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Derek Lambeezi, Ben Afri and Shola Amnibobi
Old 17-06-13, 11:43 PM   #59
Liverpel
Anything

Didn't Kinnear struggle to pronounce a player's name when he was last at Newcastle. Didn't the player threaten to leave the club because of it?
Old 17-06-13, 11:43 PM   #60
Fivex
The Wisp

Woah

And

Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-06-13, 11:45 PM   #61
Liverpel
Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpel View Post
Didn't Kinnear struggle to pronounce a player's name when he was last at Newcastle. Didn't the player threaten to leave the club because of it?
Ah, here it is.

Newcastle's awful season took another turn for the worse as boss Joe Kinnear accused Charles N'Zogbia of trying to engineer a move away from the Magpies.

The French midfielder, 22, was unhappy Kinnear mis-pronounced his name, calling him "Insomnia", in an interview after the Manchester City defeat.
And N'Zogbia reportedly said he would never play for the club under Kinnear.
"Sadly, this just smacks of a desperate attempt to engineer a move away from Newcastle United," said the manager.

"OK, I got a little tongue-tied, but if I had a pound for every time I've mis-pronounced a player's name down the years, then I'd be a very wealthy man indeed."
Old 17-06-13, 11:46 PM   #62
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

"Gauterrez"
Old 17-06-13, 11:47 PM   #63
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

"Yohan Kebab" trending on Twitter

What a car crash
Old 17-06-13, 11:49 PM   #64
lucas
Fagan

Quote:
Was that player Charlie Insomnia???
Old 17-06-13, 11:50 PM   #65
Liverpel
Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Was that player Charlie Insomnia???
Yes. Yes it was.

How's it going young lad?
Old 17-06-13, 11:52 PM   #66
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Ashley is an absolute joke
Old 17-06-13, 11:54 PM   #67
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He had "the best team in the world at Tottenham"
Old 17-06-13, 11:57 PM   #68
lucas
Fagan

Quote:
Yes. Yes it was.

How's it going young lad?
It goes well! Having a good laugh at the Newcastle fan who sits beside me at work. Everyone should have one at work!
Old 18-06-13, 01:15 AM   #69
peekay
Dr.

Newcastle fans claim their club has been turned into a laughing stock after new director of football Joe Kinnear gave a cringeworthy defence of his job .

The former Toon boss gave a radio interview a day after he announced himself that he had taken the position at St James’ Park.

Kinnear took to the airwaves after the appointment was greeted with widespread criticism from the Magpies' fans.

But instead of clarifying his position, he launched into a gaffe-strewn rant against the fans and media, while repeatedly getting the names wrong of players and management wrong – including pronouncing Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cabab’.

He also claimed to have signed a player who had already been at the club for several years when he arrived.

He referred to managing director Derek Lambias as ‘Lambezee’, Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cababs’, Shola Ameobi as 'Amanobi', Jonas Gutierrez as 'Gaultierez' and Hatem Ben Arfa as both ‘Ben Afrie’ and 'Ben Afra'.

When asked about supporter unrest, he said on talkSPORT: “Look at my record. These people ask what have I done. Where have these people been - on another planet? I’ve played in five Cup Finals and won the lot. I played more than 400 games for Tottenham Hotspur.

“Already they’re jumping on the bandwagon and saying, ‘look out, Pards’. But I expect it, it’s water off a duck’s a**e.”

Kinnear, who actually made 258 appearances for Spurs, said he will meet manager Alan Pardew on Tuesday as both men attempt to establish some boundaries.

The 66-year-old, who managed the Geordies in the 2008-09 season - which ended in them being relegated from the Premier League - claimed to have brought keeper Tim Krul, who made his Magpies debut in 2006, to the club.

He also claimed to have paid £50,000 for striker Dean Holdworth when Wimbledon manager (actual figure: £720,000) and to have been Manager of the Year three times (he was LMA Manager of the Year in 1994).

Reliving his infamous rant at reporters in October 2008, Kinnear also claimed his Newcastle side had beaten Spurs that night, 2-1.

However, the incident happened on a Thursday, and the Magpies had not played since the previous Saturday - when they LOST 2-1 to Blackburn.

Newcastle fans immediately took to talkSPORT and social media to express their embarrassment and anger:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...#ixzz2WWN2sGGU

Old 18-06-13, 01:45 AM   #70
-V-
Paisley

Fantastic I work with a hardcore Geordie, this season will be fun
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 04:48 AM   #71
peekay
Dr.

And then there was the daddy of them all, when a nugget of information and a line I was desperate to write (“If Joe Kinnear thought he had a mountain to climb when he was manager of Nepal …”) came out on a rare quiet day. So, big Joe Kinnear. Tell us about Nepal.

“I was in Nepal for two years as their national coach. I was there with Crown Prince Dipendra who was to be their future prince (he meant king). It was a real experience for me. I was just starting out as a coach, I was in Dubai also for two years. Nepal was to coach the national team, the contract was good, financially it was good. He was the King’s son, he had to marry some other bird. I had better be careful here or I will be having a political war.

“He (the Crown Prince) was one of my closest friends, he was head of their FA. I was there when the whole of the royal family was killed. He was my best friend, so he used to come back to London, we would meet and go to matches. When I went back over there, he was the guy I answered to.

“There were two castes out there. He was forced to marry another girl but he didn’t want to. He was ordered by his parents to marry her when that was the last thing he really wanted to do. He wanted to marry someone else but he couldn’t … like the usual crap. So what did he do? He killed them all and then blew his own brains out.”

What!? Really!? “I never really felt like my life was at risk,” he said. “It came out of the blue when it happened. I got out of there about three days after and I have never been back.”

Dynamite! Utterly irrelevant to anything, but who cares, it was a great story and it least it wasn’t D-Day meetings or contracts or players being lined up or being called a c*** or so f****** slimy. Until, as it was my turn to transcribe the press conference quotes that day and Tibet had been my idea, I thought I’d do a bit of research.

Joe Kinnear managed Nepal in 1987.
Dipendra of Nepal allegedly killed his family on June 1 2001.
In 2001, Joe Kinnear was manager of Luton Town.
Old 18-06-13, 05:11 AM   #72
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Newcastle Utd is an Episode of comedy Gold
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 05:23 AM   #73
baitman
Daddy day care

joe has lost the plot. has he escaped from some sort of secure unit

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 08:36 AM   #74
Lee
Chunder camel

Just heard Kinnear's interview.

This really is shaping up to be the best close-season of all time.
Old 18-06-13, 08:38 AM   #75
Alex
Administrator

Have Newcastle announced anything yet? Anyone think old Joe has gone a bit mental and is doing this for a laugh?
Old 18-06-13, 08:39 AM   #76
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Just heard it.
Old 18-06-13, 08:41 AM   #77
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

A complete fantasist who's thick as pig shit, so a perfect fit for Newcastle then
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 08:42 AM   #78
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!

Yohan Kebab.

The Newcastle Chronicle front page today is mad
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 08:56 AM   #79
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Have Newcastle announced anything yet? Anyone think old Joe has gone a bit mental and is doing this for a laugh?
Not sure about doing it for a laugh but I do wonder whether its just Kinnear going crazy.
Old 18-06-13, 08:58 AM   #80
Alex
Administrator

Thats sort of what I meant. The way he has come out, claiming all sorts, getting things wrong and the like. Makes me think there might be more to this than people are thinking.

I could be wrong of course and he is just an incompetent buffoon.

est1892 > Football > General Football