It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 09-05-19, 03:59 PM   #881
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Sanchez is also out at the moment, that's their two first choice CBs and I think Son is carrying an Injury, I mean they have lost 13 games in the Lg ..including Man United, Cystal Palace, Burnley, West Ham and Bournemouth and none of their players have been anywhere near a European final before

If there was ever a Final for us to go out there and just take it, its this one
Old 09-05-19, 04:12 PM   #882
Exiled_red
Paisley

It doesn't matter our cup final record isn't great we have lost CL, Europa league and league Cup in recent years, even the ones we have won have been nervous, it took pens to beat Cardiff in 2012, pens to beat West ham in 2006, pens to win the CL last time, extra time to beat Alaves, in 2001 pens to beat Birmingham the same year and the Arsenal Cup final was won in the last 10 mins. We don't do things the easy way, the Man Utd league Cup final in 2003 was the closest to comfortable I can remember in the last 25 years and we only got a second goal in that with 5 mins to go.
Old 09-05-19, 04:16 PM   #883
memzey
Fagan

Spurs seem to have their name on the cup this season. The way they managed to get through their group after appearing all but out and the momentum they have built since reminds me of us in ‘05. I’d muuuch rather be playing Ajax in the final. Spurs are bound to spawn the win, probably after we take a healthy half time lead to make it seem even worse!
Old 09-05-19, 04:16 PM   #884
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
12 subs for the final?!

Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Moreno, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge, Brewster, Smedley
Old 09-05-19, 04:17 PM   #885
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
Sanchez is also out at the moment, that's their two first choice CBs and I think Son is carrying an Injury, I mean they have lost 13 games in the Lg ..including Man United, Cystal Palace, Burnley, West Ham and Bournemouth and none of their players have been anywhere near a European final before

If there was ever a Final for us to go out there and just take it, its this one

Nothing to fear except fear itself.

Seems as though it could be a Steve Morrow style celebration related injury?
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 04:22 PM   #886
ronanm
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by memzey View Post
Spurs seem to have their name on the cup this season. The way they managed to get through their group after appearing all but out and the momentum they have built since reminds me of us in ‘05. I’d muuuch rather be playing Ajax in the final. Spurs are bound to spawn the win, probably after we take a healthy half time lead to make it seem even worse!
You could say the same about us in the group stages and the semis.

I am warming to the idea of playing Spurs - we know what to expect. We usually fare better in second legs as the first is a learning experience. We don't need that against Spurs.
Old 09-05-19, 05:04 PM   #887
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Well they know what to expect too.

In both league games v Spurs this season we've torn them to ribbons in the first half, only for Poch to make a tactical change and finish the game on top. In fact at Anfield they bossed us for spells in the 2nd half to an extent we've not really seen this season. That bothers me.

We're obviously better in all departments, but there are a few concerns. Also the three week break worries me - we're never any good after a long break.
Old 09-05-19, 05:13 PM   #888
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

In both league games v Spurs this season we've torn them to ribbons in the first half, only for Poch to make a tactical change and finish the game on top. In fact at Anfield they bossed us for spells in the 2nd half to an extent we've not really seen this season. That bothers me.

We're obviously better in all departments, but there are a few concerns. Also the three week break worries me - we're never any good after a long break.

We've had some difficult games with them in the last couple of years so it is a real worry, also the thought of losing to them is awful

Also what is the deal with the 3 week gap?
Old 09-05-19, 05:16 PM   #889
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It’s a final. We (supporters) are going to be nervous as fuck.

Also. We totally didn’t expect it. I thought Sunday was the end of our season and that we were on a long shot for the title.

We’ve got this game now.

Failure is not an option.
Old 09-05-19, 05:33 PM   #890
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It's a CL final, not a cake walk. We might not win. We ever thus.
Old 09-05-19, 05:55 PM   #891
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What even is a cake walk?
Old 09-05-19, 06:19 PM   #892
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
It's a CL final, not a cake walk. We might not win. We ever thus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
What even is a cake walk?
Not sure but Kennel is right the CL final definately isnt this

Old 09-05-19, 06:42 PM   #893
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:

Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 06:47 PM   #894
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Hahaha, I'd love to know if the subtitles are really what he's saying!

https://streamable.com/88s2u
He's had a right big snort
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 07:08 PM   #895
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Hahaha, I'd love to know if the subtitles are really what he's saying!

https://streamable.com/88s2u

Unhinged. How the guy next to him keeps a straight face is beyond me. What a twat.
Old 09-05-19, 07:14 PM   #896
memzey
Fagan

Seriously, if you take the lfc specs off for a second the parallels with us in 2005 are startling. Down and out in the group, only to turn it around at the last. Winning as underdogs at each knock out round. Beating the epl title holders (can’t remember if Chelsea had wrapped up the league by the time of our tie but near enough). Squeaking through the semi against all odds - all this builds momentum and belief among the players and the fans. You can say that a lot of that applies to us as well and you’d be right but in ‘05 it was us that went in with feint expectations and the weaker team “in all areas” but this year it’s Spurs.

I have officially given up all hope of us winning. It’s the only defence mechanism I have left as without it the inevitable defeat to Spurs will be even more soul destroying than without. FTW - why couldn’t City have got through? We’d have smashed them.
Old 09-05-19, 07:32 PM   #897
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Seriously, if you take the lfc specs off for a second the parallels with us in 2005 are startling. Down and out in the group, only to turn it around at the last. Winning as underdogs at each knock out round. Beating the epl title holders (can’t remember if Chelsea had wrapped up the league by the time of our tie but near enough). Squeaking through the semi against all odds - all this builds momentum and belief among the players and the fans. You can say that a lot of that applies to us as well and you’d be right but in ‘05 it was us that went in with feint expectations and the weaker team “in all areas” but this year it’s Spurs.

I have officially given up all hope of us winning. It’s the only defence mechanism I have left as without it the inevitable defeat to Spurs will be even more soul destroying than without. FTW - why couldn’t City have got through? We’d have smashed them.

It’s all nonsense the ‘written in the stars’ stuff mate. Nothing that happened in 2005 will influence the final in 2019. Whoever plays best on the day will win. Even if you do look at it our semi was against the runaway English champions Spurs was against an inexperienced Ajax.

Our level if we are at our best is higher than Spurs.

You never know, obviously we may well lose, but your mindset as of May 9th 2019 feels unnecessarily pessimistic. We just thrashed Barca 4-0 ffs.
Old 09-05-19, 07:37 PM   #898
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 09-05-19, 07:49 PM   #899
Fuzzy
Fagan

They deserve the double right now
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 08:10 PM   #900
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
I did have a bird stick her finger up my poo hole once, caught me off guard a bit but was actually pretty nice.

Don't be getting any ideas Leyton ha ha!
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 08:12 PM   #901
Oberon
Benitez

Quote:

On the other hand we’ve seen the changes and can prepare accordingly
Old 09-05-19, 10:00 PM   #902
Clapper
Souness

I don't get the negative attitude regarding playing Spurs. We played two matches against Barca, many said we were as good, maybe even better, than Barca in the first match, only lost to a Messi masterclass. We were far better than them tuesday. Spurs on the other hand played 2 matches against Ajax, were outplayed in big parts and were lucky like f... according to Eriksen himself. We might not win the CL, but Spurs fans should be much more worried than us. We score more goals and concede fewer.
Plus, we have been in this situation before.
Clapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 10:03 PM   #903
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapper View Post
I don't get the negative attitude regarding playing Spurs. We played two matches against Barca, many said we were as good, maybe even better, than Barca in the first match, only lost to a Messi masterclass. We were far better than them tuesday. Spurs on the other hand played 2 matches against Ajax, were outplayed in big parts and were lucky like f... according to Eriksen himself. We might not win the CL, but Spurs fans should be much more worried than us. We score more goals and concede fewer.

Well said!
Old 10-05-19, 12:26 AM   #904
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Excellent post to come out of lurk mode for!
Old 10-05-19, 07:05 AM   #905
Assassin
Kloppite

2 European finals

4 English finalists

Not a blue or a red manc to be seen

Bliss
Old 10-05-19, 07:51 AM   #906
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
2 European finals

4 English finalists

Not a blue or a red manc to be seen

Bliss
Rather not have any other English finalists but yeah hadn’t seen it like that & it’s somewhat gratifying. Scum being the only “big 6” side to have no chance of winning owt too.
Old 10-05-19, 08:09 AM   #907
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:

FFS! This is probably even worse than the fans who bottled the league pathetically early.

It's one game of football. Anything can happen over one game of football, but we will deservedly start as favourites.

If our players or manager thought like you do we'd lose. Thankfully they don't.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:18 AM   #908
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
FFS! This is probably even worse than the fans who bottled the league pathetically early.

It's one game of football. Anything can happen over one game of football, but we will deservedly start as favourites.

If our players or manager thought like you do we'd lose. Thankfully they don't.
Pabs. Its a lost cause fella The pessimistic sceptics dont like the like of us positively positive fella's commenting on their disposition. They prefer wallowing in their pool of gloom and dispondency together without outside interference
Old 10-05-19, 09:06 AM   #909
EwarWoo
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
The pessimistic sceptics
Nah man, they're just "realists"
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 09:53 AM   #910
Les Zeffelin
Benitez

Well of course the realists are quite right, realistically Spurs could win. They are more than capable of pulling it off. They must have a real sense of optimism after reaching the final in the manner they have. They have a good team & a tactically astute manager so on the day they have every chance....

Â…..but then realistically speaking we should never have stuffed Barca 4-0 especially after already being 3 to the bad after the first leg.

Personally I think realism is overrated. Stuff realism.
Old 10-05-19, 10:06 AM   #911
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
this ... so much this ... a lot of people need to have a fucking word with themselves an enjoy the ride, be supportive and stop underestimating this amazing fucking football team
Old 10-05-19, 10:13 AM   #912
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:

Who da fuck cares about historical games its all moronic hooey ... its, a game of football played now .... these lads play now not 4 years ago or 20, not because their was a Royal Baby for the dopes who are into Monarchy they play for the badge , the fans, themselves now.

Look Spurs are a great side and its a final we have to play better than them but we are 100% a better side, a better Squad, we have a stronger Manager, better fans, we are more experienced big European finals, this squad have been there, this is their 3rd bite and European Glory in a row .. we are fitter we have less injuries, we have scored more we have conceeded less we have had a tougher route and its time, its our fucking time but they are not going to hand it to us gift wrapped, we have to go there and fucking take it and you know what we 100% will take it in Madrid 100% we beat on every fucking inch on every blade of grass, there is nothing that they are better than us at and we want it more, these players want it more us fans want this cup more YNWA
Old 10-05-19, 10:13 AM   #913
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
this ... so much this ... a lot of people need to have a fucking word with themselves an enjoy the ride, be supportive and stop underestimating this amazing fucking football team
I've got no issue with people being in a permanent state of wrist slashing angst about football.

It's when they're constantly moping around and inflicting it on the rest of us that I start objecting.
Old 10-05-19, 10:17 AM   #914
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I've got no issue with people being in a permanent state of wrist slashing angst about football.

It's when they're constantly moping around and inflicting it on the rest of us that I start objecting.
Honestly mate I have been on this website since we beat Alavés on the golden goal and Jesus there is a healthy section of fans that give them any reason to throw in the towl or doubt they are all over it like white on rice

Its like the fucking oxygen gets sucked out of the room when sunshine bob arrives
Old 10-05-19, 10:26 AM   #915
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

Nerves are good. They are a sign that it matters.

The flip side being blase is too far in the other direction, a sign that you don’t understand.

The doom if we so much as come close to a draw is what gets me. This team are amazing. Probably the only people that truly believed they could beat Barca 4-0 on Tuesday were the players that took to the pitch. Crazy things can happen in football, but we’ve as good a chance of a major trophy here as we will ever have.

We were one VAR decision away from having City in the final. Now that’s a game that could have had some challenging consequences.
Old 10-05-19, 10:31 AM   #916
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

I really think we will be too strong for spurs in the final and with the memory of what happened last year's the players will go into this with the mentality of getting the job done this time.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 10:44 AM   #917
ronanm
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton388 View Post
I really think we will be too strong for spurs in the final and with the memory of what happened last year's the players will go into this with the mentality of getting the job done this time.
I agree. It's understandable people are a bit apprehensive given our results in finals in recent years, and the fact Spurs can beat anyone on their day. But I think we underestimate just how good we are.

I thought 3-1 and I still think that.
Old 10-05-19, 10:53 AM   #918
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
It doesn't matter our cup final record isn't great we have lost CL, Europa league and league Cup in recent years, even the ones we have won have been nervous, it took pens to beat Cardiff in 2012, pens to beat West ham in 2006, pens to win the CL last time, extra time to beat Alaves, in 2001 pens to beat Birmingham the same year and the Arsenal Cup final was won in the last 10 mins. We don't do things the easy way, the Man Utd league Cup final in 2003 was the closest to comfortable I can remember in the last 25 years and we only got a second goal in that with 5 mins to go.
Its always been the same since I can remember (and thats from the late 70's)
Old 10-05-19, 01:30 PM   #919
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Shall we start a CL final thread?

Old 10-05-19, 01:32 PM   #920
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Definitely need a thread, there is loads to discuss. Need to get Foresterbloke to do it though.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC