It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 20-12-20, 12:26 AM   #2041
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

The strikers need to get real and start growing up. I love Sadio and Salah but that's twice they've started crying when they've been taken off. Just fucking take it on the chin and get on with it, the team and club is far more important than them two and it's about time they figured that out. Klopp is ruthless and he's not afraid to chop anyone, no matter how good they are. These two need to get with the fucking programme, it's not the Mane and Salah show.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 12:34 AM   #2042
Pepe79
Shankly

I wouldn’t change a thing about either’s attitude. They’re both ultra competitive and the dynamic between them serves us well. I reckon Klopp loves it. So what if they have a little strop when they come off? As long it’s forgotten once the game is over.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 12:45 AM   #2043
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
I wouldn’t change a thing about either’s attitude. They’re both ultra competitive and the dynamic between them serves us well. I reckon Klopp loves it. So what if they have a little strop when they come off? As long it’s forgotten once the game is over.
Yep.
Old 20-12-20, 01:04 AM   #2044
memzey
Fagan

Quote:
^This. They wouldn’t be as effective if they weren’t so driven.
Old 20-12-20, 03:32 AM   #2045
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
The strikers need to get real and start growing up. I love Sadio and Salah but that's twice they've started crying when they've been taken off. Just fucking take it on the chin and get on with it, the team and club is far more important than them two and it's about time they figured that out. Klopp is ruthless and he's not afraid to chop anyone, no matter how good they are. These two need to get with the fucking programme, it's not the Mane and Salah show.
Fuck me you're a miserable bastard, do even know why they were upset? Who they were upset with? Maybe he was upset with his contribution or something someone said to him.
Old 20-12-20, 03:49 AM   #2046
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Fuck me you're a miserable bastard, do even know why they were upset? Who they were upset with? Maybe he was upset with his contribution or something someone said to him.

I’m with you on this one foster, we just won 7-0, why are we looking for things to criticize about the team! Some people are never happy, we’re top of the tree- let’s enjoy Christmas and we can whinge about how happy mane should be, in the new year...
Old 20-12-20, 08:40 AM   #2047
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Old 20-12-20, 09:17 AM   #2048
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
100% - it’s what makes them so ruthless
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 10:13 AM   #2049
Slinky Skills

Quote:
I'm not a miserable bastard actually so don't appreciate being called that, watch your fucking mouth in future. If you can't respond constructively then don't bother at all.

I'm entitled to my views and opinions and in my opinion they need to stop moaning and get on with it. Yes they're driven I know that, but their attitude can negatively impact those around them.

Old 20-12-20, 10:21 AM   #2050
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
I'm not a miserable bastard actually so don't appreciate being called that, watch your fucking mouth in future. If you can't respond constructively then don't bother at all.

I'm entitled to my views and opinions and in my opinion they need to stop moaning and get on with it. Yes they're driven I know that, but their attitude can negatively impact those around them.
You're constantly whining and nit-picking, they're fucking driven professional players, not hospitality workers.
Old 20-12-20, 10:22 AM   #2051
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:

frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 10:37 AM   #2052
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:

Just stop nit picking. No one gives a fuck about their demeanour on the pitch as long as they're out of the front pages, continue their charitable obligations with a smile and deliver results on the pitch.

Next you'll be complaining about Henderson shouting all the time!
Old 20-12-20, 11:14 AM   #2053
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by memzey View Post
^This. They wouldn’t be as effective if they weren’t so driven.
I can see where Slinky is coming from, but I'm not too concerned. However, I don't necessarily agree with your point, Henderson is possibly the most driven player we have, you'd never see him disrespect the manager like that. Its about maturity and control isn't it?

Saying that though, it would be a brave man to reprimand any of these players in a team performing as we are, why rock the boat?

I think theres definitely a bit of friction between Salah and Mane though.
Old 20-12-20, 12:00 PM   #2054
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Both Salah and Mane will be off over the next couple of years.
Old 20-12-20, 12:52 PM   #2055
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:

Oooh, fighting talk...10-1 on Slinks, any takers?
Old 20-12-20, 12:57 PM   #2056
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Both Salah and Mane will be off over the next couple of years.
Good insight there. Thanks for sharing.
Old 20-12-20, 12:59 PM   #2057
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Good insight there. Thanks for sharing.

I thought I’d give you a heads up so that you can start your moaning now.

English players to replace them? We have Elliot and maybe Herbie Cain can step up.
Old 20-12-20, 12:59 PM   #2058
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Oooh, fighting talk...10-1 on Slinks, any takers?

I seem to recall that Slinks is quite a big lad, so my money's on him
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 02:02 PM   #2059
memzey
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
I can see where Slinky is coming from, but I'm not too concerned. However, I don't necessarily agree with your point, Henderson is possibly the most driven player we have, you'd never see him disrespect the manager like that. Its about maturity and control isn't it?

Saying that though, it would be a brave man to reprimand any of these players in a team performing as we are, why rock the boat?

I think theres definitely a bit of friction between Salah and Mane though.
That’s a good observation and the comparison with Hendo is an interesting one. I’m not sure how to respond to it though, as the mindsets are so different between goal getters and midfielders so please let me introduce another subject against which we can compare our circumstances to;Arsenal:

“After you Pierre”
“Non non ami, after you Alexandre”
“But it is surely Pepe’s turn, no?”
“No, no guys, please take my turn”

Ad infinatum.

I’d much rather a hungry group of ambitious men, fighting to take opportunities as opposed to a meek group of infants, shunning responsibility and letting the team and club suffer as they succumb to their cowardice.

I think we are ok. I wouldn’t change the approach of our forwards. It seems to be working out.
Old 20-12-20, 02:08 PM   #2060
Fivex
The Wisp

If much rather we have two posters like Slinky and Foster who are not afraid to say what they think, and are happy to get their point across with bluntness and conviction, rather than having them just meekly disagree with each other under their own breath without sticking up for themselves on the forum.
Old 20-12-20, 03:01 PM   #2061
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
If much rather we have two posters like Slinky and Foster who are not afraid to say what they think, and are happy to get their point across with bluntness and conviction, rather than having them just meekly disagree with each other under their own breath without sticking up for themselves on the forum.
Thank you, and love and hugs to you too Slinky
Old 20-12-20, 03:49 PM   #2062
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
That’s a good observation and the comparison with Hendo is an interesting one. I’m not sure how to respond to it though, as the mindsets are so different between goal getters and midfielders so please let me introduce another subject against which we can compare our circumstances to;Arsenal:

“After you Pierre”
“Non non ami, after you Alexandre”
“But it is surely Pepe’s turn, no?”
“No, no guys, please take my turn”

Ad infinatum.

I’d much rather a hungry group of ambitious men, fighting to take opportunities as opposed to a meek group of infants, shunning responsibility and letting the team and club suffer as they succumb to their cowardice.

I think we are ok. I wouldn’t change the approach of our forwards. It seems to be working out.
Thats truev

The other thing is whats it actually achieving? All it does is provide ammunition for the press and to fuel a story about dissent. On that basis, they should just learn to suck it up.
Old 20-12-20, 04:48 PM   #2063
memzey
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
The other thing is whats it actually achieving?
That’s easy:

Case for the defence rests m’lud.
Old 20-12-20, 04:54 PM   #2064
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
That’s easy:

Case for the defence rests m’lud.
I have no answer to that!
Old 20-12-20, 04:55 PM   #2065
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

I agree. Take that winning mentality out of their games and we've got a couple more Origi's. Good players, but not world class.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 06:07 PM   #2066
Slinky Skills

Quote:
Thank you, and love and hugs to you too Slinky

Merry Christmas mate.

Old 20-12-20, 06:15 PM   #2067
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Glad that handbags is sorted
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-21, 01:01 PM   #2068
Peter_Griffin
Houllier

Page 4. We need me from him. 7 goals, 3 assists in the league.
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-21, 03:57 PM   #2069
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Its not lack of effort from Sadio, but his quality is all over the place. One great touch followed by some ridiculously heavy and misplaced.

He has to deliver more.

The season he is having was summed up by his header v City in the first half last week, every other year Sadio is scoring there. This season it was wild and into the stands.
Old 14-02-21, 04:04 PM   #2070
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Its not lack of effort from Sadio, but his quality is all over the place. One great touch followed by some ridiculously heavy and misplaced.

He has to deliver more.

The season he is having was summed up by his header v City in the first half last week, every other year Sadio is scoring there. This season it was wild and into the stands.

Think that could be said for all of our players. The ones underperforming are not lacking in overall effort at all this season.

What a lot of them seem to be doing now is trying to take the safe option whenever the ball comes to them but still are managing to turn the safe option into a turnover in play in favour of the other team.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 10:59 PM   #2071
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Looked like Mane of old tonight, sharp, taking on players, endless energy and a great finish.
Old 16-02-21, 11:03 PM   #2072
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Looked like Mane of old tonight, sharp, taking on players, endless energy and a great finish.
Hopefully the performance and goal will give him a confidence boast and we can get more performances like that.
Old 16-02-21, 11:06 PM   #2073
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye, that contribution for the disallowed Bobby goal was vintage Mane I was thinking.
Old 17-02-21, 02:46 AM   #2074
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Shit first touch as usual too
Old 17-02-21, 12:23 PM   #2075
SB
Paisley

Pleased to see him find the net again. It’s been too long by his standards.
Old 17-02-21, 12:56 PM   #2076
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I think he has had a poor season by his own standards. You can never question his effort or work rate. However, one of the things is, he is completely unpredictable, and that sometimes must make it difficult to play with him. He might take a heavy touch towards a defender, but then recover the ball with a burst of pace or aggression.You never know what is coming next with Sadio and that could be both his biggest strength and also his biggest weakness.
Old 17-02-21, 02:16 PM   #2077
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I'm convinced he hasn't been the same since covid. He was so quick and sharp last season opposing players stood off and didn't attempt to engage because they knew he would burn them off. But he seems to be slightly less sharp and that is understandable and even a drop off of a percent or 2 and he looses that advantage. But I agree it is also his unpredictability. He us such a maverick of a forward. I'm sure that terrifies opponents. I still love him. And I do expect him to be back to his best before long.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:22 PM   #2078
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
I'm convinced he hasn't been the same since covid. He was so quick and sharp last season opposing players stood off and didn't attempt to engage because they knew he would burn them off. But he seems to be slightly less sharp and that is understandable and even a drop off of a percent or 2 and he looses that advantage. But I agree it is also his unpredictability. He us such a maverick of a forward. I'm sure that terrifies opponents. I still love him. And I do expect him to be back to his best before long.

I just love how you sign off all your posts...
Tribute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:24 PM   #2079
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It's an S20+, I know I'm impressed
Old 17-02-21, 02:28 PM   #2080
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post

Would be lovely to see him scoring the important goals in this years CL final.....

Sent from my shitty work PC
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC