It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 09-03-21, 01:48 PM   #1
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

RB Leipzig 2nd leg

Standard

Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 09-03-21, 01:56 PM   #2
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Not too bothered to be honest and certainly no loss in his current form. Jota, Mane and Mo up top all on form is a scary prospect. Getting them all in form at the same time is another story.
Old 09-03-21, 02:04 PM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Fuck it. Go for it.

Old 09-03-21, 02:05 PM   #4
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 02:10 PM   #5
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Think this will be a good game. RB have to come at us and with any luck they will be as off form with their finishing and general composure as they were in the first leg and as such we can pop another couple goals past them.

Still have that horrible feeling that if we are to win it that our next three games will be Chelsea, City and Bayern.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 03:07 PM   #6
Scratch
If you fail once....

Think it might be Kabak and Fab at CB for this one, and then maybe try out Kabak and Philips in the league games, give them a few games to build an understanding (and see if it is successful) to then maybe use it going forwards in the CL as well.
Old 09-03-21, 03:30 PM   #7
Exiled_red
Paisley

I'd forgotten that this game was this week
Old 09-03-21, 04:30 PM   #8
frank the tank
Shankly

hope we win. What a deflated feeling it will be if we lose again......

A win and a load of goals and then we can go again. Fuckin right doggie
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 04:36 PM   #9
spud_gun
Paisley

Eh....where's this game being played?
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 04:40 PM   #10
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Eh....where's this game being played?
Budapest, same as the 1st leg.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 04:48 PM   #11
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Man, I'd be so up for that.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:38 PM   #12
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
hope we win. What a deflated feeling it will be if we lose again......

A win and a load of goals and then we can go again. Fuckin right doggie
I've said it before, the main thing that excites me is no English refs. It's like watching a game with no foot on my throat.
Old 09-03-21, 10:16 PM   #13
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Knee problem...

Old 10-03-21, 09:50 AM   #14
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
I've said it before, the main thing that excites me is no English refs. It's like watching a game with no foot on my throat.
same here......... it gets to about 10-15 minutes in and i tend to think "jaysus I'm enjoying watching LFC here..........ohh ya it's not Kevin Friend / Martin Atkinson / Craig Pawson or any of the rest of those corrupt and incompetent cunts"
Old 10-03-21, 10:17 AM   #15
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Fab and Kabak at centre half please, no experiment with two rookies at the back. Midfield is the position we have more options in and Fab is not as desperately needed there as in defence.

We’ve played well away from home, so hope for more of the same. Come on reds.
Old 10-03-21, 11:00 AM   #16
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
& no Martin Fucking Tyler...

Cunt.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 11:05 AM   #17
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Fab and Kabak at centre half please, no experiment with two rookies at the back. Midfield is the position we have more options in and Fab is not as desperately needed there as in defence.

We’ve played well away from home, so hope for more of the same. Come on reds.

Tell that to our recent performances in midfield. We have been slow in transistion in the back and in midfield for some time now.

Tonight might be our first chance in a long time to be able to play a pretty close to full strength midfield in front of what will be a depleted back line regardless.

And it would be a chance to play a close to full strength midfield behind a full strength front line.

Much prefer to be going in with two thirds of the team at full strength than to just have the attacking third at full strength with the midfield and defensive thirds both understrength.
Old 10-03-21, 01:45 PM   #18
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Tell that to our recent performances in midfield. We have been slow in transistion in the back and in midfield for some time now.

Tonight might be our first chance in a long time to be able to play a pretty close to full strength midfield in front of what will be a depleted back line regardless.

And it would be a chance to play a close to full strength midfield behind a full strength front line.

Much prefer to be going in with two thirds of the team at full strength than to just have the attacking third at full strength with the midfield and defensive thirds both understrength.
Problem is that Fabinho is currently our best centre back.
Old 10-03-21, 02:18 PM   #19
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

That's as maybe but he is awesome in midfield. Arguably the best defensive midfielder in world football.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 02:27 PM   #20
kev776
Paisley

TAA--Kabak--Philips--Robbo

------Fabinho--Thiago

Mane------Keita-------Jota

------------Salah
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 10-03-21, 02:28 PM   #21
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Problem is that Fabinho is currently our best centre back.

He is our best available CB at present and no arguement at all on that.

However he is also our best available midfielder, and our midfield is currently not stopping attacks getting through to the CBs.

So we can have Fabinho at CB and have the same porous midfield meaning he has to deal with a high workload, or we could put Fabinho in the middle and more than likely see less attacks come through our centre at our makeshift CB pairing.

One thing we can be fairly sure of for tonight is that RB are going to attack and their recent form in from of goal has been very good with them having scored at least two gaols in every game snce they last fced us and they scored three in at least three of those games.

They push through the centre a lot in how they attack and they like to have runners from deep as well.

Depending on who is fit I would go with this XI against them

----------------------Alisson------------------------
TAA---------Kabak-----------Phillips-------Robertson
---------------------Fabinho---------------------------
----------Thiago--------------------Keita--------------
Salah-----------------Jota----------------------Mane

The front three I would let switch around at will.

Kabak, if fit, I would not be worried about against a Bundesliga team and going by his last showing against them. Ditto for Thiago and Keita.

Fabinho can drop back to help out the two CBs when we are on the back foot and he would give us height and a much needed physical presence in the middle, two things we have been lacking in there.

I think the above XI is about the best we could put out at the moment and it gives us none players who would be first team or close to first team starters in the eleven, and the two CBs whilst not at starter level would still be two natural CBs playing in their proper positions.

The trio I put in midfield are there because I think that unlike in the PL where we facea lot of low block set ups, tonight is a night in which we will get the chance to counter more often and we will need guys who can release the ball quickly.

I am not sure if RBL will be as lacking in cohesion tonight as they were in the last game against us, but will be hoping that they will be or at the very least that they will leave more gaps for us to counter into as they chase goals.

I do think though that Fabinho will be used at CB tonight and that we will see one if not both of Milner and Wijnaldum in the middle again and maybe even Firmino back if he is over his knock.
Old 10-03-21, 02:31 PM   #22
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
& no Martin Fucking Tyler...

Cunt.
Do we get Sleaze Macmanaman and Darren Fletcher/Ian Darke instead though...? Almost as fucking bad.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 02:33 PM   #23
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Do we get Sleaze Macmanaman and Darren Fletcher/Ian Darke instead though...? Almost as fucking bad.

McManaman is a pleb
Old 10-03-21, 02:39 PM   #24
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:

... Best eleven we can field tonight and would probably our most effective against an attacking Leipzig.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 03:30 PM   #25
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
... Best eleven we can field tonight and would probably our most effective against an attacking Leipzig.

I think that is exactly what we will face tonight. Leipzig like to attack and press at the best of times, but tonight they go into a game where they have to score at least two goals more than we do.

They are already two away goals down to us, so they are going to press and attack from the get go imho. Nagelsmann does not really have the luxury of being able to set up his team to sit back and try to pick us off as that would allow us to sit back and hang on to our lead.

He is, imo of course, going to use what they have through their spine, pace and physicality, and try to outscore us. Will be no surprise to see his team try to swarm us from the first whistle and try to out press us a la similar to what Atalanta did against us in the group stage.

Would also not be surprised to see him go 352 or similar tonight either as he has been playing with variations of that during their last two away games in which he went 3-2-2-3, and 3-1-2-2-2 whereas in their last two home games he went with lines ups that had four at the back. But in the games he went to attack from the first whistle it was always with some variation of a 352 that could switch to a 343.

Was just digging into their away form a bit on all comps (league, cups and CL). They have played away from home 17 time in all comps. They have scored in 14 of that 17 and lost 4 of the 17. They have scored 2 or more times in 10 of those games. So think the assumption they are going to attack is a safe one and one we could exploit with our pace in attack and also thnaks to the reffing being done properly in the CL for the most part.
Old 10-03-21, 04:36 PM   #26
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Being reported Angelino is out for them. Big blow for them if true.
Old 10-03-21, 04:46 PM   #27
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

First scorer goes through IMO.
Old 10-03-21, 05:01 PM   #28
danperkins

Quote:

Old 10-03-21, 05:03 PM   #29
danperkins

Quote:
He is our best available CB at present and no arguement at all on that.

However he is also our best available midfielder, and our midfield is currently not stopping attacks getting through to the CBs.

So we can have Fabinho at CB and have the same porous midfield meaning he has to deal with a high workload, or we could put Fabinho in the middle and more than likely see less attacks come through our centre at our makeshift CB pairing.

One thing we can be fairly sure of for tonight is that RB are going to attack and their recent form in from of goal has been very good with them having scored at least two gaols in every game snce they last fced us and they scored three in at least three of those games.

They push through the centre a lot in how they attack and they like to have runners from deep as well.

Depending on who is fit I would go with this XI against them

The front three I would let switch around at will.

Kabak, if fit, I would not be worried about against a Bundesliga team and going by his last showing against them. Ditto for Thiago and Keita.

Fabinho can drop back to help out the two CBs when we are on the back foot and he would give us height and a much needed physical presence in the middle, two things we have been lacking in there.

I think the above XI is about the best we could put out at the moment and it gives us none players who would be first team or close to first team starters in the eleven, and the two CBs whilst not at starter level would still be two natural CBs playing in their proper positions.

The trio I put in midfield are there because I think that unlike in the PL where we facea lot of low block set ups, tonight is a night in which we will get the chance to counter more often and we will need guys who can release the ball quickly.

I am not sure if RBL will be as lacking in cohesion tonight as they were in the last game against us, but will be hoping that they will be or at the very least that they will leave more gaps for us to counter into as they chase goals.

I do think though that Fabinho will be used at CB tonight and that we will see one if not both of Milner and Wijnaldum in the middle again and maybe even Firmino back if he is over his knock.
this is absolutely spot on imo but yeah I do think Klopp will play Fab at CB too.
Old 10-03-21, 05:31 PM   #30
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Being reported Angelino is out for them. Big blow for them if true.
I think he is - he is their main outset. I expect 4-2-3-1 with Sorloth up top
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 05:36 PM   #31
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I think he is - he is their main outset. I expect 4-2-3-1 with Sorloth up top
Gets a lot of goals for them and makes a lot of their chances.

Him being out might force them to go four at the back like you suggest, although if they do that I think Poulsen will be the one up front to use his size to hold up play for the runners from midfield and to link with Hwang.
Old 10-03-21, 05:50 PM   #32
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Gets a lot of goals for them and makes a lot of their chances.

Him being out might force them to go four at the back like you suggest, although if they do that I think Poulsen will be the one up front to use his size to hold up play for the runners from midfield and to link with Hwang.
Sorloth is even bigger but less mobile and that might suit Phillips if he played - he has 2 goals and 2 assists in their last 2 games so is the form player
Old 10-03-21, 05:53 PM   #33
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Sorloth is even bigger but less mobile and that might suit Phillips if he played - he has 2 goals and 2 assists in their last 2 games so is the form player

Is he bigger than Poulsen? I thought Poulsen was about 6'5 or 6'6.
Old 10-03-21, 06:20 PM   #34
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
According to Wiki, stands at 1.95m which equates to approx 6'3
Old 10-03-21, 06:21 PM   #35
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I stand corrected - Sorloth is 6-4 and Poulsen is 6-6........Sorloth always struck me as being bigger in bulk as well but never thought Poulsen was that tall.........what they smoking over there in the Leipzig
Old 10-03-21, 06:40 PM   #36
baitman
Daddy day care

I thought philips wasnt on our CL list

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 06:43 PM   #37
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
I thought philips wasnt on our CL list
Group Stages, we have rectified it since for the KO Stages
Old 10-03-21, 07:49 PM   #38
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 10-03-21, 07:49 PM   #39