It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 03-03-21, 07:49 PM   #841
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It's all 'if's' - but for context.

If Utd lose to Palace tonight and we win tomorrow, we will be four points behind them. They are in second place. They loosely haven't given up on the title, and we are apparently having one of our worst seasons ever.
Old 03-03-21, 11:07 PM   #842
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Draws for Leicester and Utd.

Utd have City next.

Beating Chelsea would be absolutely massive for us. We would then have to beat Fulham at home to go most likely to 2 points behind Utd. We only have Utd left to play out of the teams around us so there should be plenty of times that they take points off each other.

We just have to start doing our bit.
Old 03-03-21, 11:34 PM   #843
McDermotX
Paisley

Yep....another decent round of results for us, along with Villa fucking up.

Time to stand up and be fucking counted. We're Champions FFS !
Old 03-03-21, 11:39 PM   #844
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Nice finish from Naby in here. Jota not up to much, except a couple of runs to the bogs.

Old 04-03-21, 01:07 AM   #845
fah-q
Touching cloth

The speed of those passes in the Rondos is breathtaking
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 01:50 AM   #846
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
The speed of those passes in the Rondos is breathtaking
Yet in games we move the ball so slowly.
Old 04-03-21, 08:52 AM   #847
kev776
Paisley

Jota doesn't look ready for Chelsea
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 10:06 AM   #848
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Big Ben Davies acquitting himself well in the rondo. Get him in ffs.
Old 04-03-21, 12:49 PM   #849
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Big Ben Davies acquitting himself well in the rondo. Get him in ffs.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 01:08 PM   #850
Assassin
Kloppite

Milly......short sleeves

Why the fuck doesnt Origi play like he does in training
Old 04-03-21, 01:30 PM   #851
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Keita's finish at the end was boss
Old 04-03-21, 04:00 PM   #852
Tribute
Shankly

Jota doing some stretching and light running, doesn't look like he'll be taking part against Chelsea tonight... It looks like Fab and Naby are well and truly back though, which is great.
Tribute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:16 PM   #853
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:19 PM   #854
Exiled_red
Paisley

Doesn't the season end on the 23rd May and the Euros are supposed to start on the 11th June...
Old 05-03-21, 04:24 PM   #855
Pepe79
Shankly

Yes, would still end on the 23rd May. It’s the 2 sets of fixtures before that which would get moved.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:28 PM   #856
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Yes, would still end on the 23rd May. Itís the 2 sets of fixtures before that which would get moved.
Sorry I miss read that as 37th and 38th
Old 06-03-21, 09:06 PM   #857
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Somehow we are still in touch. Utd play City tomorrow as well.

The good news is that we’ve played most of the teams around us. So teams will take points off each other which is good for us.

The bad news. We need to start winning to make any sort of fight out of it.
Old 06-03-21, 10:08 PM   #858
red g
Paisley

If any team in the top half put a run together, they could finish 2nd. Imagine a champions league next year with Everton and West ham in. How embarrassing for the Premier league

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:11 PM   #859
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
If any team in the top half put a run together, they could finish 2nd. Imagine a champions league next year with Everton and West ham in. How embarrassing for the Premier league
And United.

The Moyes Triumvirate
Old 07-03-21, 07:59 PM   #860
Exiled_red
Paisley

Looking at the table we are 4 points behind Chelsea in 4th having played a game more, 3 points behind Everton having played 2 games more, 2 behind West Ham having played 2 games more, 1 point ahead of Spurs who have 2 games in hand, 3 points ahead of Villa who also have 2 games in hand.

Assuming the best case scenario is that Chelsea (currently in 4th) continue gaining their current points per game ~1.74 than means that they would finish on 70 points, to get CL we need to get at least that (given Chelsea's record has improved under their new manager and the fact that we are not just looking to catch 1 team). The max number of points we can get is 73 which means IMO we need to win every game from now to the end of the season to have a chance of making the top 4.
Old 07-03-21, 08:07 PM   #861
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Looking at the table we are 4 points behind Chelsea in 4th having played a game more, 3 points behind Everton having played 2 games more, 2 behind West Ham having played 2 games more, 1 point ahead of Spurs who have 2 games in hand, 3 points ahead of Villa who also have 2 games in hand.

Assuming the best case scenario is that Chelsea (currently in 4th) continue gaining their current points per game ~1.74 than means that they would finish on 70 points, to get CL we need to get at least that (given Chelsea's record has improved under their new manager and the fact that we are not just looking to catch 1 team). The max number of points we can get is 73 which means IMO we need to win every game from now to the end of the season to have a chance of making the top 4.
If today didn't give the confidence to think we can do it, I really don't know what will?
Old 07-03-21, 08:15 PM   #862
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

Top 4 was long gone ages ago - can anyone really see us turning this around. Iím torn because I actually think our fringe players would really benefit from game time in the Europa League but the Thurs/Sun drudgery is a pain.

Tsimikas, Kelleher, Naby, the Williamsí (although I donít think either will make it), Mini, Shaq, CJ etc. When we actually need them they are so rusty and have no rhythm so regular games would help them. I also think we need the money as we will play poor mouth in the summer
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 08:16 PM   #863
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Win the Europa we get in the CL the next year. Need 2 chances at this rate!
Old 07-03-21, 08:23 PM   #864
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Top 4 was long gone ages ago - can anyone really see us turning this around. Iím torn because I actually think our fringe players would really benefit from game time in the Europa League but the Thurs/Sun drudgery is a pain.

Tsimikas, Kelleher, Naby, the Williamsí (although I donít think either will make it), Mini, Shaq, CJ etc. When we actually need them they are so rusty and have no rhythm so regular games would help them. I also think we need the money as we will play poor mouth in the summer
This is my dilemma the top 4 is clearly gone, what do we do for the rest of the season, clearly CL has to be the priority and given the lineup today it looks like Klopp agrees with that too. But what should be the aim for the rest of the season? Personally I couldn't give a shit about the Europa League (that might change if we are into the quarter or semi finals so have a chance of winning it) but before that it's just an inconvenience, although an opportunity to give fringe players some games. Obviously the club want to be in Europe and finish as high up the table as possible for financial reasons but I'd be tempted to sack the rest of the PL season off and evaluate which players should and shouldn't be here next year. IMO there are quite a few who should be playing for their futures.
Old 07-03-21, 08:27 PM   #865
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Win the Europa we get in the CL the next year. Need 2 chances at this rate!
we need to be able to qualify for the europa league The way the club is sinking we'll just bout stave of relegation
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 08:50 PM   #866
Exiled_red
Paisley

While the defensive issues are real they are to a certain extent distracting everyone from the main problem which is the lack of goals.

Last 14 games:
Home: PL8 W0 D2 L6 F2 A11 PTS2
Away: PL6 W3 D1 L2 F9 A6 PTS10
Overall: PL14 W3 D3 L8 F11 A17 PTS12

Home games:
West Brom 1-1 D
Man Utd 0-0 D
Burnley 0-1 L
Brighton 0-1 L
Man City 1-4 L
Everton 0-2 L
Chelsea 0-1 L
Fulham 0-1 L

Away:
Newcastle 0-0 D
Southampton 0-1 L
Spurs 3-1 W
West Ham 3-1 W
Leicester 1-3 L
Sheff Utd 2-0 W

We have failed to score at Anfield in 6 of the last 8 PL games, and we have 2 goals in total. We haven't scored a goal from open play at Anfield this year (the goal against City was a pen) and we are in fucking March. Despite being down to our 7th and 8th choice CBs it isn't the defence that is costing us games it's the lack of goals. With the defence that we have you can expect to concede goals, but we have only conceded more than 1 goal 3 times in those 14 games. If you had told most of us after the 7-0 win at Palace that despite our defensive issues we would concede 1 goal or less in 11 of the next 14 games you would have expected us to be in a fairly strong position, if you told me that we would have failed to score in 8 of 14 games with Mane, Salah and Firmino all available I don't think I would have believed you.

Also I know our away form isn't great by previous standards, but compared to our home form it's spectacular, why such a difference? Purely teams playing a more low block and hit on the break away from home?
Old 07-03-21, 08:59 PM   #867
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I don't think we'll be seeing any European competition next season unless we somehow win the CL this season.
Old 07-03-21, 09:22 PM   #868
Tribute
Shankly

I can see us finishing around tenth... our form isnít going to improve more than those in and around us so our position in the table will not improve. Utd and Bitters fans will be joyous... and weíll just need to suck it up.

As others have said, for all the defensive issues, weíre blunt as fuck up front and have not scored a goal in open play from 115 attempts. Itís ridiculous... whoíd have thought our front three would all hit the wall at the same time and weíd be terrible at finishing gilt-edged chances every single game... sigh.
Tribute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 09:24 PM   #869
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
I can see us finishing around tenth... our form isnít going to improve more than those in and around us so our position in the table will not improve. Utd and Bitters fans will be joyous... and weíll just need to suck it up.
Let them be. Everton can then go another 15 years finishing below us and United can tread water with Baggins in charge.
Old 08-03-21, 12:53 AM   #870
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I don't think we'll be seeing any European competition next season unless we somehow win the CL this season.
Yeah. No.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 07:46 AM   #871
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
While the defensive issues are real they are to a certain extent distracting everyone from the main problem which is the lack of goals.

Last 14 games:
Home: PL8 W0 D2 L6 F2 A11 PTS2
Away: PL6 W3 D1 L2 F9 A6 PTS10
Overall: PL14 W3 D3 L8 F11 A17 PTS12

Home games:
West Brom 1-1 D
Man Utd 0-0 D
Burnley 0-1 L
Brighton 0-1 L
Man City 1-4 L
Everton 0-2 L
Chelsea 0-1 L
Fulham 0-1 L

Away:
Newcastle 0-0 D
Southampton 0-1 L
Spurs 3-1 W
West Ham 3-1 W
Leicester 1-3 L
Sheff Utd 2-0 W

We have failed to score at Anfield in 6 of the last 8 PL games, and we have 2 goals in total. We haven't scored a goal from open play at Anfield this year (the goal against City was a pen) and we are in fucking March. Despite being down to our 7th and 8th choice CBs it isn't the defence that is costing us games it's the lack of goals. With the defence that we have you can expect to concede goals, but we have only conceded more than 1 goal 3 times in those 14 games. If you had told most of us after the 7-0 win at Palace that despite our defensive issues we would concede 1 goal or less in 11 of the next 14 games you would have expected us to be in a fairly strong position, if you told me that we would have failed to score in 8 of 14 games with Mane, Salah and Firmino all available I don't think I would have believed you.

Also I know our away form isn't great by previous standards, but compared to our home form it's spectacular, why such a difference? Purely teams playing a more low block and hit on the break away from home?
Old 08-03-21, 01:08 PM   #872
Irishnev
Shankly

Latest freebie from TTT

Old 08-03-21, 08:57 PM   #873
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Fucking hell I've just checked the table and there's still 10 games to go!!! Jesus, I just want to wish this season away and there's so long left still. This feels like what I imagine water torture would feel like.

Can't we just give up and default the remaining games 3-0. Regroup and start again.
Old 08-03-21, 09:32 PM   #874
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

You've stopped watching the games anyway mate so what's the difference lol!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 09:45 PM   #875
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
You've stopped watching the games anyway mate so what's the difference lol!
I still check the results!
Old 11-03-21, 12:34 AM   #876
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Just looked we’ve got Wolves on Monday and that’s our last game this month. Mental after what has seemed like a ridiculous amount of football.
Old 11-03-21, 07:50 AM   #877
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Just looked weíve got Wolves on Monday and thatís our last game this month. Mental after what has seemed like a ridiculous amount of football.
3 weeks with out a game right - a week of rest and then 2 weeks of tactics and shape to see us through to Istanbul later on
Old 11-03-21, 08:33 AM   #878
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Just looked weíve got Wolves on Monday and thatís our last game this month. Mental after what has seemed like a ridiculous amount of football.
There's a couple of weeks of internationals though, anyone know which players will / won't be involved because of cancellations due to travel restrictions and quarantine?
Old 11-03-21, 09:45 AM   #879
ChesterDave
Paisley

Just FA cup weekend, not internationals, isn't it?
Old 11-03-21, 09:56 AM   #880
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Just FA cup weekend, not internationals, isn't it?
Next weekend 20th/21st is FA cup weekend, the following midweek (24th) weekend (27th) and midweek of 31st are all internationals.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC