It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 17-02-21, 11:55 AM   #161
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Looks really promising, there were a couple of moments last night when he showed great composure on the ball, a couple of nice turns to get out of trouble and his distribution was clever - usually safe but wasn't afraid to play a mid distance pass into midfield.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-02-21, 11:55 AM   #162
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
I thought he did really well last night because it was a big test. Certainly well enough to release one of our midfielders back to mf.
I do share concerns about his pace but he is only 20. Joe and Virgil are some of the quickest around so anyone will look slow.
On the subject of pace I never realised Henderson was so slow. He got burned a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
I would be amazed if our CB partnership for the derby doesn't include one of Henderson or Fabinho (assuming they aren't injured) alongsids Kabak.
Old 17-02-21, 11:58 AM   #163
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I'd be amazed too. But I'm saying if they are both fit then Kabak should be trusted to fill one of the slots. Tbh I'd have trusted Philips also. If only to get our midfield functioning properly again.

Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 12:00 PM   #164
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I'd be amazed too. But I'm saying if they are both fit then Kabak should be trusted to fill one of the slots. Tbh I'd have trusted Philips also. If only to get our midfield functioning properly again.

I'm not saying I disagree, I just think Klopp will be reluctant to move Henderson/Fabinho out of defence just yet.

I am hoping that he will give Phillips or Davies a game with Kabak after the Derby is done...
Old 17-02-21, 12:02 PM   #165
Angryred
Dalglish

Still waiting for a Davies & Kabak partnership to let Henderson back into the midfield...Sometimes ya gotta take that leap of faith!
Davies will be familiar with the frantic nature of English football so nothing new there albeit facing better strikers.
Old 17-02-21, 12:06 PM   #166
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
I thought he did really well last night because it was a big test. Certainly well enough to release one of our midfielders back to mf.
I do share concerns about his pace but he is only 20. Joe and Virgil are some of the quickest around so anyone will look slow.
On the subject of pace I never realised Henderson was so slow. He got burned a couple of times.

Think it is more that he gets caught flat footed a bit at times whilst getting used to playing at CB. It allows the attacker to be moving in a fast burst whilst Henderson is still checking the line around him.

He is, at times, playing the role more like a hesitant midfielder in a new role than an experienced CB which of course is exactly what he is. Think if he were left there for an extended run of games we would see it happen a lot more and we would get games like against Leicester where the GK and CB do not read the other's game for moments during the game, as I think the move to CB is a bigger culture shock to Henderson's natural game than it was to that of Fabinho.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 12:07 PM   #167
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I'm not saying I disagree, I just think Klopp will be reluctant to move Henderson/Fabinho out of defence just yet.

I am hoping that he will give Phillips or Davies a game with Kabak after the Derby is done...
And therein lies the problem. I think Klopp is being too cautious. What he has been doing hasn't worked. Play defenders or at least one. Get one of our 2 best midfielders back into midfield so that it functions properly and try and outscore teams again. I'd worry them blueshite hoors will stamp all over our midfield.

Old 17-02-21, 12:31 PM   #168
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
And therein lies the problem. I think Klopp is being too cautious. What he has been doing hasn't worked. Play defenders or at least one. Get one of our 2 best midfielders back into midfield so that it functions properly and try and outscore teams again. I'd worry them blueshite hoors will stamp all over our midfield.

Or maybe Klopp didn't realise that Davies was a manc loving cunt after he signed him!
Old 17-02-21, 01:00 PM   #169
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:

Fabinho is brittle playing at CB, throw him into midfield and he'll end up being out for the season. Same could be said for Hendo, his injury record isn't great either.

I'm happy enough for them to coast out this season filling in at the back.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 01:43 PM   #170
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Happy enough were we coasting to top 4, but we ain’t.
Old 17-02-21, 01:57 PM   #171
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Happy enough were we coasting to top 4, but we ain’t.
If we can string a few results together then the fixture gods may help us out there.

Was just looking to see if any of the teams in the chase with us are due to meet City soon.

City's next batch of league games are

Everton
Arsenal
West Ham
Man U
Fulham
Leicester

Would have to imagine that City will do some damage to a few of those.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:07 PM   #172
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
If we can string a few results together then the fixture gods may help us out there.

Was just looking to see if any of the teams in the chase with us are due to meet City soon.

City's next batch of league games are

Everton
Arsenal
West Ham
Man U
Fulham
Leicester

Would have to imagine that City will do some damage to a few of those.
Exactly. And if not, some of them... ok, maybe one if we're lucky, will do some damage to City. We can but hope! We just have to focus on winning the next game and building back some momentum and confidence.

My biggest worry is a team that just parks the bus again, low block and we go back to being clueless and devoid of ideas. That will knock us back to square one again... Until we can beat that type of game plan, we'll be on an uphill climb to top four.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 02:12 PM   #173
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Happy enough were we coasting to top 4, but we ainít.
We definitely aren't. If you look at the table teams below us have games in hand. Our true position is maybe as low as 7th.
We must play our best midfield and make do at the back imo. What we have been doing has not been working.

Old 17-02-21, 02:59 PM   #174
Scratch
If you fail once....

I think Fab was considered to be our 4th choice CB, so once he is fit again, I believe it will be Fab/Kabak as our central pairing, with Davies as a back up. Still not convinced thaat Davies was bought to be anything but better cover than what we have in Philips and Williams.
Old 17-02-21, 08:24 PM   #175
~LFCHistory~
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Still waiting for a Davies & Kabak partnership to let Henderson back into the midfield...Sometimes ya gotta take that leap of faith!
Davies will be familiar with the frantic nature of English football so nothing new there albeit facing better strikers.
Quote:

Agree, may as well gamble with Kabak and Phillips, can't be worse than what we've had since VVD got injured.
~LFCHistory~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:22 PM   #176
Assassin
Kloppite

Sign a CB they said
Old 20-02-21, 08:31 PM   #177
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Sign another couple maybe?
Old 20-02-21, 08:32 PM   #178
BigChief
Paisley

With Henderson injured it was a no brainer. Who do you propose should play there? Shaqiri? He's always injured too!
Old 20-02-21, 08:34 PM   #179
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Might have helped to have time to bed him in.
Old 20-02-21, 08:38 PM   #180
RichC
Meh

That was up there with Skrtels debut
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 20-02-21, 08:39 PM   #181
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Kabbage
Old 20-02-21, 08:42 PM   #182
Irishnev
Shankly

Not seeing it - he looks wild. If he played with VVD then maybe he would be different being coached through games but now it will be wink or swim over the coming weeks
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:43 PM   #183
Fredo

He's obviously been brought in last minute and not having pre season to bed in, which would not help. And he's 20. Unfair to judge him now.
Old 20-02-21, 08:44 PM   #184
Exiled_red
Paisley

Feel sorry for him, he's settling in to the league and and has been having to play with a CM playing out of position and a 23 year old with about 20 career games, it's going to be difficult for him, the error for the goal is the type of naiveity of a player in this situation, he's been thrown in the deep end and without Henderson it gets worse. Defence get no help from midfield either, I feel sorry for him

Last edited by Exiled_red; 20-02-21 at 08:46 PM.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:45 PM   #185
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Not seeing it - he looks wild. If he played with VVD then maybe he would be different being coached through games but now it will be wink or swim over the coming weeks
He's going to wink

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:46 PM   #186
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He's obviously been brought in last minute and not having pre season to bed in, which would not help. And he's 20. Unfair to judge him now.

In a write off season he has to make that position his own, or Davies and Car are waiting in the wings. Not a great start when Phillips comes on and immediately makes Ozan look average.
Old 20-02-21, 08:48 PM   #187
Maxiedge
Shankly

Have high hopes for him in the long term but was it the right move to bring him in now when the team he was playing for previously are badly struggling defensively? Needed a boost of confidence player rather than a rough diamond.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:49 PM   #188
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Surely Ben Davies is worth a go now.
Old 20-02-21, 08:50 PM   #189
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
He's probably even further down the pecking order and the fact he's not even playing speaks volumes.
Old 20-02-21, 08:51 PM   #190
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
With Henderson injured it was a no brainer. Who do you propose should play there? Shaqiri? He's always injured too!
At least Shaq would put a shift in and win a header or two. As I said in the match fred. Kabak witnessed more fly byís than the tower in the Top Gun movie.

Happy we have the option of giving him back in May
Old 20-02-21, 08:55 PM   #191
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
He's going to wink

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:11 PM   #192
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Partnering him or instead of him?
Old 20-02-21, 09:18 PM   #193
Charly
Dalglish

I said it before, but I dont know why Nat Phillips is not starting. He may not be the worlds greatest footballer, but he feels "solid", which is what we need. Panic buying 2 kids was never going to rescue our backline, and I would rather Hendo and Phillips played as 1st choice. Wouldnt have saved Hendo, mind.
Old 20-02-21, 09:28 PM   #194
Bloodraven
Fagan

Quote:
Partnering him or instead of him?
Partnering surely. There's a player in there and if you drop him now you may as well send him back.
Bloodraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:30 PM   #195
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
I said it before, but I dont know why Nat Phillips is not starting. He may not be the worlds greatest footballer, but he feels "solid", which is what we need. Panic buying 2 kids was never going to rescue our backline, and I would rather Hendo and Phillips played as 1st choice. Wouldnt have saved Hendo, mind.
I totally agree. Nat is a lot better than he has been given credit for. I'd happily play him every week based on what I've seen.

YNWA
Old 20-02-21, 09:33 PM   #196
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Sign another couple maybe?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:35 PM   #197
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodraven View Post
Partnering surely. There's a player in there and if you drop him now you may as well send him back.
Not sure with the stuff some people are posting...
Old 20-02-21, 10:04 PM   #198
Bloodraven
Fagan

Quote:
Not sure with the stuff some people are posting...
He's a Kebab apparently.
Bloodraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 10:27 PM   #199
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
Completely agree.
If we bought someone for 20m and they were as good as Philips then we be ok with that, so why would we sell a very decent 3rd or 4th choice solid centre back.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 10:33 PM   #200
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC