It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #41
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightred View Post
I love the German sense of humour. They're a funny race.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #42
Yozza
Shankly

'Maybe we achieved a little bit more than expected, Bayern maybe a bit less'

Jurgen Klopp is asked whether he sees any similarities with his Liverpool side and opponents Bayern Munich.

“No, we had different targets at the start of the season," he said.

“They were six-times in a row champion. We have maybe achieved a little bit more than expected, Bayern maybe a bit less.

“Both are in a similar situation but there is a long way to go. We only think about the Champions League situation tomorrow night.

“If I wasn’t involved tomorrow I would try and buy a ticket.”

'Bayern are dangerous' - Klopp

Klopp on Bayern Munich: “When [Bayern] Munich has a difficult situation it’s mooring on a really high level.

“After being six years the dominator of the league it was clear this year would be different.

“To become the champion you need to have the desire of a newcomer combined with the quality of a real contender.

“Maybe at the start of the season they didn’t have that but now they are chasing the situation.

“From my point of view that makes them even more dangerous.

“Let’s enjoy the game together. We are a really strong side and that is what we have to show.”

'We need to be ready for a tough few months'

Klopp on Liverpool's fixture list: “We have only tough months in the season.

“We have to be ready but be focused 100% on the game tomorrow night.

"We take it game by game. We can't think about [Manchester] United.

"We've had a lot of tough months, it's always tough. We need to be ready for it."

Shaqiri 'very happy' with Bayern draw

Speaking of Shaqiri...

The Reds winger, who spent two-and-a-half seasons at Bayern Munich, admitted his joy at facing the Bundesliga giants.

“I was very happy because I wanted to play against Bayern Munich, against my old teammates and my old team. I’m looking forward to the game,” Shaqiri told Liverpool's club website.

“It was an amazing time [at Bayern]. Two-and-a-half years I was there and it was amazing; we won a lot of titles, we won the Champions League. We had the best team Bayern Munich had.

“It was an amazing feeling to win so many trophies. I had many great memories there, I will never forget them. I’m really looking forward to going there and trying to win the game in Munich with my team.”

Liverpool injury news

Klopp has provided a fitness update on Dejan Lovren and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Klopp on injuries: "You want the complete line up? Dejan we have to see. Yesterday he had a clearing session. We'll see how he reacted. Shaq trained and looked good."

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #43
Yozza
Shankly

'The story so far is nice but it's not finished yet'

Jurgen Klopp has just been asked about his love for Liverpool and the city.

“Very much. Much more than I could have expected because you never know.

“The welcome was outstanding and since then it became better and better.

“We grew together and developed together.

“I’m not always in the city very much so I’m not sure what people say about me but I feel it in the stadium is very positive.

“We are a real competitor. It’s not enough but a very important step.

“The story so far is a nice one but not finished - yet.”

'We don’t care about a home advantage' - Klopp

Jurgen Klopp has now given his thoughts on whether the Reds have a home advantage.

“No, playing home first is not usually an advantage but we don’t care," Klopp told the press.

“These games usually when two good teams face each other will not be decided in one game.

“We respect the competition. There are two legs to play. We will be 100% focused for both of them.

“Let’s create a basis we can use in the second game. It’s different but possible.”

'We'll try everything to not let Hummels and Lewandowski shine'

Klopp on Mats Hummels and Robert Lewandowski:“I worked together with these boys. Two fantastic players.

“I have to be really thankful. Without them probably my career would not be the same.

“We all benefited from each other. That’s part of my life and part of my history. We’ll always have a lot of respect for each other.

“I know a lot about them. I really like them. We will try everything to, what can I say? To let them not shine.”

Last edited by Yozza; Yesterday at 01:28 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #44
Yozza
Shankly

'For the fans, it's clear the priority is the Premier League'

The Liverpool boss has now been asked whether his focus is on the Champions League or the Premier League.

“It’s difficult for me to answer the question but for all Liverpool fans it’s the Premier League. That’s clear," he revealed.

“But for now it’s the Champions League and we have to do our best tomorrow.

“Thank God we don’t have to decide that right now."

On the Anfield atmosphere: “We have to create an atmosphere on the pitch tomorrow and make it easier for the people.

“It will be outstanding tomorrow night. It’s something to enjoy. There’s a lot of power involved in the atmosphere.

“Our crowd is really able to push us from 100% to 140%”

Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #45
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Lovren and Firmino miss training this afternoon. Firmino has a virus according to ssn.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #46
Yozza
Shankly

Jurgen Klopp: Crowd can take Liverpool "from 100% to 140%"

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes the Anfield crowd can take his side "from 100% to 140%" as they host Bayern Munich in the Champions League last 16.

The first leg against the Bundesliga champions takes place on Tuesday while the Reds travel to Munich on 13 March.

"We have to create an atmosphere on the pitch tomorrow [Tuesday] and make it easier for the people," said Klopp.

"It will be outstanding tomorrow night. It's something to enjoy - there's a lot of power involved in the atmosphere."

A 1-0 win against Napoli ensured Liverpool finished runners-up to Paris St-Germain in Group C, while Niko Kovac's Munich will host the second leg after progressing as Group E winners.

"Playing home first is not usually an advantage but we don't care," said Klopp.

"There are two legs to play. Let's create a basis we can use in the second game.

"Our crowd is really able to push us from 100% to 140%."

Bayern 'dangerous' despite slow start to season

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Klopp had numerous battles with Munich during his seven seasons in the Bundesliga.

Munich - who have won six successive league titles - currently trail leaders Dortmund by two points in Germany, however, having played one game more.

"After being six years the dominator of the league, it was clear this year would be different," said Klopp.

"To become the champion you need to have the desire of a newcomer combined with the quality of a real contender.

"Maybe at the start of the season they didn't have that but now they are chasing. From my point of view that makes them even more dangerous."

Fans preference for Premier League is 'clear'

Liverpool sit second in the Premier League and will have the chance to move top when they face bitter rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

But Klopp insists the prospect of a first league title since 1990 is not in his thoughts as he prepares for the club's European commitments, as injuries and Virgil van Dijk's suspension look likely to force either Fabinho or Jordan Henderson to act as a makeshift centre-back in midweek.

"We have only tough months in the season. We've had a lot of tough months, it's always tough," said Klopp.

"We take it game by game. We can't think about [Manchester] United. We are a really strong side and that is what we have to show.

"It's difficult for me to answer the question but for all Liverpool fans it's the Premier League. That's clear.

"But for now it's the Champions League and we have to do our best tomorrow. Thank God we don't have to decide that right now."

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM   #47
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
Lovren and Firmino miss training this afternoon. Firmino has a virus according to ssn.
virus has been going through the squad for weeks ffs
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #48
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
virus has been going through the squad for weeks ffs
I know mate
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #49
Nicey
Paisley

fuck .... so no Virg and Bobby ... lets see what this team are really all about
Nicey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #50
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
You're in NT?
Yep! The arse end of Australia. Never move here.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #51
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

No Bobby? Fuck. Shaqiri up front then?
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #52
Liverpool
Paisley

Bobby will play, just trained away from the main squad, reckon he'll get at least 60-70 mins
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #53
Nicey
Paisley

Lets hope so
Nicey is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC