It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 08-01-21, 10:59 PM   #441
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
the pass he keeps doing when he opens his body to curl to the wing then quickly closes it to pass inside
Ala Bobby & the look away pass
Old 08-01-21, 11:01 PM   #442
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Thiago Alcantara

The quickness of his passing and vision helps us enormously. Need to keep him fit and playing and weíll be fine.
Old 08-01-21, 11:18 PM   #443
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
the pass he keeps doing when he opens his body to curl to the wing then quickly closes it to pass inside
It's class isn't it. Only one we've got who can do it - anyone else and this goes wide.

Old 08-01-21, 11:22 PM   #444
SB
Paisley

You can watch that sort of pass all day long hey. I would have loved him to score that goal too to give clubs something else to worry about from him.
Old 08-01-21, 11:25 PM   #445
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
A woman could easily get pregnant watching him play football.
I want the guys who filmed Zidane for that one game to film Thiago for every game. You canít take your eyes of him.

And wait until he beds in a finds his rhythm and the team does like wise.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 11:26 PM   #446
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It's class isn't it. Only one we've got who can do it - anyone else and this goes wide.

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/st...52591354867713
Thatís a ridiculous level of ability. The no eyes fakey pass . Straight to feet.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 08-01-21, 11:30 PM   #447
McDermotX
Paisley

Aye.....its one of the most annoying things since he's signed. The mix and match nature of our line up due to injuries, Covid, Everton pricks etc
Imagine if he had slotted into our team.....strong at the back, Fab in midfield, Henderson free to operate etc.....its like a literal metronome had been dropped into the team.
Small glimpses of it against Chelsea way back, but something we can hopefully build back towards.
Old 09-01-21, 12:34 AM   #448
rudedog
Pig hater

Exclamation

That overhead back pass he pulled off a couple of times was something I hadnít seen before
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 12:57 AM   #449
Dirk07
Hates the manc in the newsagent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/st...52591354867713
Since he joined I thought a significant reason he did was how well suited he would be to add significantly to our team, passes as described to mane and Salah cutting inside before a defence was organised or not perfectly setup is something a little bit extra that we did not have.
Dirk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 12:59 AM   #450
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
That overhead back pass he pulled off a couple of times was something I hadnít seen before
Iím not too keen on him trying those in the future tbh.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 09-01-21, 03:00 AM   #451
BigChief
Paisley

It's like watching a new Liverpool whenever he's on the pitch. Villa, who were often leaving Gini and Hendo free to receive the ball, were immediately putting the goal scorer Barry on him. Even when Thiago moved just outside the penalty box, Barry stayed with him.

Shows how teams have worked us out and where they know the midfielders offer squat when Mane/Salah are having bad days. Bring Thiago on and suddenly all plans are in the toilet.
Old 09-01-21, 08:23 AM   #452
Assassin
Kloppite

A special player with infinite skills, which can only be limited by his team mates lack of awareness. He is on a completely different level, Xabi on steroids

Bit of a dead rubber game, no. In my opinion it was a great strategy to play him and other senior players. A competitive match against unknown opposition. All of our offensive players were given a chance to gain valuable match playing experience alongside him
Old 09-01-21, 09:50 AM   #453
Fredo

Heís a better player than Xabi at his peak. Much better technically, like a couple of levels ahead. What they both have in common is their great reading of the game.
Old 11-01-21, 10:56 AM   #454
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Did anyone spot that pass he did back to Fabinho which he flicked over his own head? That was outrageous too and the commentators didn't even mention it
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 11:06 AM   #455
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Did anyone spot that pass he did back to Fabinho which he flicked over his own head? That was outrageous too and the commentators didn't even mention it
If you missed it, he did it again for good measure.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 12:08 PM   #456
BigChief
Paisley

It says something when Thiago's appearance on the pitch makes PL and CL winning key players like Hendo and Gini look like cart horses. The perception filters all get jumbled up. Really looking forward to watching him against Utd's midfield donkeys.
Old 11-01-21, 12:14 PM   #457
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
It says something when Thiago's appearance on the pitch makes PL and CL winning key players like Hendo and Gini look like cart horses. The perception filters all get jumbled up. Really looking forward to watching him against Utd's midfield donkeys.
I'd be less worried about their potential goal threat or breakaways if we have Thiago dictating midfield and putting Mane and Salah through on goal every five minutes or into Bobby to lay off either side... we'd smash them. Palace was unexpected, but Utd games I always feel like we owe them a thrashing.. like the 1-4 at OT. We seem to prefer to play the fixture not the team in front of us... and scrape a win or draw. Would love to smash them and destroy any confidence they've built up over the last 7 games...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 03:24 PM   #458
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

In an ideal world would he be better further forward with Fabinho behind him? Or has he always been at the base, picking up balls off the defenders?
Old 11-01-21, 03:47 PM   #459
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:

tbf our midfield has always been regarded as the weakest part of the team, during our recent success... donít get me wrong, the midfield has been very effective, but weíve won the CL and PL by having world class strikers, defenders and keeper, and having solid, hard workers in midfield.
Old 11-01-21, 03:54 PM   #460
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Heís a better player than Xabi at his peak. Much better technically, like a couple of levels ahead. What they both have in common is their great reading of the game.
Quote:

The best part is he knows it as well He knows it and everyone else knows it. Serious BDE going on with him (google it ).
Old 11-01-21, 06:29 PM   #461
greenturnip
Benitez

Our midfield workers are key to the press though - and without the press we ain't that much better than some of the other teams. One problem with this season is that the schedule makes our frantic but intelligent pressing more difficult to sustain - hence some of the sluggish performances and results recently. Gini and Hendo have been central to our success over the last 2 years because of their pressing and ball retention under the press over 90 mins - I'm not sure 2 Grealishes or 2 <insert flavour of month midfielder> would have had the same outcome.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 07:59 PM   #462
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
In an ideal world would he be better further forward with Fabinho behind him? Or has he always been at the base, picking up balls off the defenders?
In the last years he played as a double pivot with Goreztka or Kimmich with a genuine 10 in front of him. He would have been the deeper of the two with the other being more box to box

I think he lacks the physicality/height of Fab to play as the 6 for us but he is better in the air than I thought + he is good at interceptions and tackling. I think he was bought to play as one of our 8s and even with Klopp considering a 4-2-3-1 as this is where both Naby and Fab excelled also.

I think he can do either but Iíd love to see him, Fab and Hendo/Naby/Gini play regularly together
Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 10:36 PM   #463
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 19-01-21, 01:53 PM   #464
rodo
Shankly

Doesn't make us better according to that gobshite Hamman
Old 19-01-21, 02:32 PM   #465
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Doesn't make us better according to that gobshite Hamman
...think he must have been referring to himself when he mentioned slowing the play down. Haha. Thiago picks out a pass with ease and threads stuff forwards without going to the wings all the time... his vision is amazing. Which is more than can be said for Didi's... the clown.
Old 19-01-21, 02:54 PM   #466
Exiled_red
Paisley

To be fair at the moment he doesn't make us better but that's because most of the team is playing shite in the final third He's played about 5 games and has just come back from a nasty injury, into a team that's playing crap, obviously sticking him into that off form side isn't going to make us better than last year It's not the ime and circumstances to be judging him.
Old 19-01-21, 05:31 PM   #467
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 19-01-21, 06:01 PM   #468
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
He's deadly in the tackle as well, not something i really expected TBH.
Old 19-01-21, 06:13 PM   #469
Fredo

He got turned round twice, once by Fred (I think) and once by McTominay. Left him for dead both times and United were running at our defence, albeit from quite deep in our own half.
Old 19-01-21, 06:29 PM   #470
rudedog
Pig hater

Thereís definitely a player in there somewhere
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 06:30 PM   #471
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Thereís definitely a player in there somewhere
Old 20-01-21, 03:00 PM   #472
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

joint top for goals scored and assists also

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 21-01-21, 12:04 PM   #473
ronanm
Shankly

Three tackles is #1? Ah, vs scum
Old 21-01-21, 12:35 PM   #474
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Just look how many of our lads are standing still offering no good option for a pass, or receive the ball while standing still and then play to another who is standing still.
No movement off the ball and no pressing when we dont have it...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 02:36 AM   #475
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

P5 W1 D2 L2

He’s a mega talented Jonah!

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 22-01-21, 09:42 AM   #476
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
P5 W1 D2 L2

He’s a mega talented Jonah!
Those results are symptomatic of him coming into a disjointed, misfiring side with no consistency. He's been one of the only bright sparks. Bet he's wondering where the LFC which stormed the league so aggressively last season has gone...

He's such a different player when there's no Hendo or Fab next to him - he's trying to carry the midfield on his own at the moment.
Old 22-01-21, 10:29 AM   #477
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He has struggled a little bit if I'm honest. It's strange as even whilst struggling he's still one of our better players

He doesn't look as composed as he usually does and at times he looks rushed on the ball (rare for him). Defensively he's been committed but at times a bit rash.

I know Hamann got slated for saying he slows us down, but I think there's an element of truth to that too. Obviously his passing and vision are incredible, but he does often take a while to move the ball on. Jones does similar. I hope he speeds this up over time with a few more one touch passes (which he did loads of against Chelsea in his first game).

Lastly, I wonder what the fuck he makes of all this? He was joining an all conquering side and a few months later we're unable to win a game of football , you have to feel for him
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 10:49 AM   #478
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
He has struggled a little bit if I'm honest. It's strange as even whilst struggling he's still one of our better players

He doesn't look as composed as he usually does and at times he looks rushed on the ball (rare for him). Defensively he's been committed but at times a bit rash.

I know Hamann got slated for saying he slows us down, but I think there's an element of truth to that too. Obviously his passing and vision are incredible, but he does often take a while to move the ball on. Jones does similar. I hope he speeds this up over time with a few more one touch passes (which he did loads of against Chelsea in his first game).

Lastly, I wonder what the fuck he makes of all this? He was joining an all conquering side and a few months later we're unable to win a game of football , you have to feel for him
You can only play one touch quick passing football if there is movement around you, but as i mentioned above (quoting his highlights video) everyone is too static and seem to have lost their work ethic.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 11:35 AM   #479
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
You can only play one touch quick passing football if there is movement around you, but as i mentioned above (quoting his highlights video) everyone is too static and seem to have lost their work ethic.
This.

Everyone is miles off it. Bar maybe Mane, Gini, Fabinho and Alisson. No Pressing and no movement in possession. It's fucking brutal to watch as its the same players who have been incredible for years now.
Old 22-01-21, 11:58 AM   #480
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

You can't move in to space if there's no space to move into ffs! Our defence had no problems playing one touch concise passing last night, it was only once we moved in to their half.

I actually think Klopp tried to address it last night with Ox, Origi and Shaq on the field, all of which prepared to shoot from range but all let him down IMO
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC