It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 05-01-21, 01:23 PM   #3681
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He'll be gone in the summer anyway
Old 06-01-21, 12:11 AM   #3682
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
He'll be gone in the summer anyway
That's nice, a nice summer break will do him the world of good, he can come back next year fully refreshed and firing in the goals for us!
Old 09-01-21, 01:13 PM   #3683
frank the tank
Shankly

Pass the fuckin ball every now and again Mo
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-21, 11:34 AM   #3684
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

"Now Lovren has gone, who's your best friend in the squad?"

"Probably Kostas"

("cos he's new and all the established lads don't like me")

Old 16-01-21, 01:25 PM   #3685
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
"Now Lovren has gone, who's your best friend in the squad?"

"Probably Kostas"

("cos he's new and all the established lads don't like me")

https://youtu.be/IseJmh11Eug
Stop sulking. Remember it's a team game (and the team makes you look good). And score goals.
Old 16-01-21, 02:17 PM   #3686
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He comes across so well and seems like a genuinely lovely chap, very humble as well given his mega stardom. Diplomatic potential as well with some of those answers.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-21, 03:21 PM   #3687
BigChief
Paisley

Turning the knife into Sadio though.
Old 16-01-21, 06:29 PM   #3688
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Turning the knife into Sadio though.
Slowdio Mane

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-21, 07:13 PM   #3689
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Slowdio Mane
fuck off lol

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 06:33 PM   #3690
Pepe79
Dalglish

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 06:40 PM   #3691
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It wouldn't break my heart if he left at the end of this season to be honest. He seems to be becoming a little disruptive
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 06:41 PM   #3692
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Basically Madrid & Barca are skint and a deal is unlikely. Give me more money

I'd be very cautious offering him a new deal on present form. He's gradually becoming less hard to play against with every season he's been here. Whether that's him or defenders working him out I'm not sure, probably a bit of both. But his record is still awesome and we'd need a bloody good replacement. I'd also say I thought his effort was better yesterday, still totally ineffective but he was at least putting a shift in.
Old 18-01-21, 06:47 PM   #3693
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I agree with most of what you say Bob. Though he definitely gets a disproportionate amount of grief for a guy who has 111 goals in 177 games.

Try and find those else where. His single minded desire for goals has won us many, many games. He is also still only 28.

Not easy to replace. No guarantees with a Sancho or Mbappe coming in and setting the League on fire with neither having played in the Prem.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 18-01-21, 07:00 PM   #3694
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

I don't want him to leave but I think he will, he's not been in great form of late and as above, he's become slightly disruptive.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 07:02 PM   #3695
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I agree with most of what you say Bob. Though he definitely gets a disproportionate amount of grief for a guy who has 111 goals in 177 games.

Try and find those else where. His single minded desire for goals has won us many, many games. He is also still only 28.

Not easy to replace. No guarantees with a Sancho or Mbappe coming in and setting the League on fire with neither having played in the Prem.
All true, and if he played as a 9, front and centre, then there would be no issue, people would only really expect goals and he's certainly delivered. But as a wide player, more is asked of him and he has to be an integral part of the machine, defending, assisting, retaining possession, pass and move etc, and it's a position where a singular focus on scoring can effect other areas of the team as a whole.

Not saying I want Salah gone, quite the opposite. I would like to see Shaq in Salah's position, and Salah talking the central position while Bobby has some time on the bench.
Old 18-01-21, 07:05 PM   #3696
fabinho
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Basically Madrid & Barca are skint and a deal is unlikely. Give me more money

I'd be very cautious offering him a new deal on present form. He's gradually becoming less hard to play against with every season he's been here. Whether that's him or defenders working him out I'm not sure, probably a bit of both. But his record is still awesome and we'd need a bloody good replacement. I'd also say I thought his effort was better yesterday, still totally ineffective but he was at least putting a shift in.
Its a little difficult to judge the man on current form as the balance of the side is completely shot.

What this period has exposed is our lack of depth and the fact that we simply can't afford the luxury of persistently injured personnel. We need to move Matip, Kieta and the Ox on. As for one of the regulars, it would be Firminho out first for me.
Old 18-01-21, 07:31 PM   #3697
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
I would like to see Shaq in Salah's position, and Salah talking the central position while Bobby has some time on the bench.
Don't think you're on your own there
Old 18-01-21, 07:39 PM   #3698
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
All true, and if he played as a 9, front and centre, then there would be no issue, people would only really expect goals and he's certainly delivered. But as a wide player, more is asked of him and he has to be an integral part of the machine, defending, assisting, retaining possession, pass and move etc, and it's a position where a singular focus on scoring can effect other areas of the team as a whole.

Not saying I want Salah gone, quite the opposite. I would like to see Shaq in Salah's position, and Salah talking the central position while Bobby has some time on the bench.
I agree, Bobby is the piston that is not firing, and everything breaks down when he is off song. He needs a few games on the bench and then as an option form the bench we start to look a lot stronger. It's soo annoying that Jota is out, as he was genuine x factor to what may have become a slightly predictable attack.

Overall though I've no doubts Salah will come good.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 18-01-21, 07:50 PM   #3699
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I thought Bobby's "issues" had to do with him misfiring in front of goals? I thought he played ok yesterday, linking up play quite well and doing his defensive work. He's not at his best, but he's not the weak cog in the wheel. I think the main issue is they are not playing well as a unit, trying too hard to sort things out individually. What comes to mind is that great move in the first half when Bobby and Shaq turned the United defence and Bobby chose to shoot instead of passing to Robbo who was clear. That was a clear cut opportunity if the right pass was played.
Old 18-01-21, 11:24 PM   #3700
baitman
Daddy day care

Is Bobby a jaffa

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 09:14 AM   #3701
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
It wouldn't break my heart if he left at the end of this season to be honest. He seems to be becoming a little disruptive
Should have kept Lovren, he was Salah's bestie and obviously kept him grounded.
Old 19-01-21, 09:46 AM   #3702
frank the tank
Shankly

Jurgen must be gutted he left Lovren leave in hindsight. In reality, I thought Lovren was a car crash but he would have got lots of games this season. Also, he was particularly shite when called upon in an emergency - ie one game after a long time not playing. But when he had a good run in the team, he was sometimes adequate.

With Salah, I think this summer is possibly the last time we can really cash in. If we keep him, then he is approaching 30 and his value will drop. I think Mo obviously looks after himself really well so he could play in the Italian league 5 or 6 years from now and still be one of the best players. But perhaps not with the premier league.

If you were Barcelona, and Messi was leaving, then surely Mo Salah would be on your list to replace him. He plays in the same position, will score loads of goals and probably opens up a lot of marketing opportunities for the club. The transfer fee is obviously the stumbling block but surely Edwards could help them find creative ways to pay.

Another possible option would be PSG if either Neymar or Mbappe left. But I am not too sure that Mo would move to the French league at this stage of his career.
Old 19-01-21, 10:23 AM   #3703
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Jurgen must be gutted he left Lovren leave in hindsight. In reality, I thought Lovren was a car crash but he would have got lots of games this season. Also, he was particularly shite when called upon in an emergency - ie one game after a long time not playing. But when he had a good run in the team, he was sometimes adequate.

With Salah, I think this summer is possibly the last time we can really cash in. If we keep him, then he is approaching 30 and his value will drop. I think Mo obviously looks after himself really well so he could play in the Italian league 5 or 6 years from now and still be one of the best players. But perhaps not with the premier league.

If you were Barcelona, and Messi was leaving, then surely Mo Salah would be on your list to replace him. He plays in the same position, will score loads of goals and probably opens up a lot of marketing opportunities for the club. The transfer fee is obviously the stumbling block but surely Edwards could help them find creative ways to pay.

Another possible option would be PSG if either Neymar or Mbappe left. But I am not too sure that Mo would move to the French league at this stage of his career.
Trouble was, Lovren only managed 5 game runs before injury himself if i recall correctly. Not replacing him was the problem.
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 10:26 AM   #3704
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
Trouble was, Lovren only managed 5 game runs before injury himself if i recall correctly. Not replacing him was the problem.
Fab was Lovren's replacement.

Klopp, or anyone else for that matter, didn't foresee us losing both first choice centrebacks to season ending injuries in the first few weeks of the season.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 10:43 AM   #3705
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Fab was Lovren's replacement.

Klopp, or anyone else for that matter, didn't foresee us losing both first choice centrebacks to season ending injuries in the first few weeks of the season.
A lot of us on here were nervous about going into the season with only 3 recognised senior CBs and Fabinho as a back up. Mostly because of Matip's injury record and some still see Gomez as injury prone. I think in all honesty everyone (Klopp included) knew it was a gamble but most probably envisaged the worst case scenario being one of the 3 CBs being out for a while and a minor injury or suspension for another meaning we are left with Fabinho plus the other remaining available CB for a handful of games and probably thought we could live with that. Unfortunately we lost big time on that gamble.
Old 19-01-21, 11:25 AM   #3706
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
Lovren played a long-ish run of League and CL games before Christmas. He played really well in some big games for us.

But yeah, he was pretty injury prone also. We need to get another Dutch player in, in general they seem pretty robust.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 19-01-21, 12:19 PM   #3707
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
A lot of us on here were nervous about going into the season with only 3 recognised senior CBs and Fabinho as a back up. Mostly because of Matip's injury record and some still see Gomez as injury prone. I think in all honesty everyone (Klopp included) knew it was a gamble but most probably envisaged the worst case scenario being one of the 3 CBs being out for a while and a minor injury or suspension for another meaning we are left with Fabinho plus the other remaining available CB for a handful of games and probably thought we could live with that. Unfortunately we lost big time on that gamble.
Yip. The gamble assumed VVD would be relatively fit. He is arguably our best player........he has been a huge loss. If VVD had stayed fit, then anyone of the others Gomez, Matip or Fabinho would be a good partner for him. Or even Henderson.
Old 19-01-21, 12:55 PM   #3708
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

People saying Salah is disruptive and wouldn't be arsed if he left?

He's scored 17 goals this season thus far. 8 more than any other player.

He'd be a huge loss.

Even our own fans underrate how good he is.

I agree he is not on a run of great form but nobody is in the side.

As for disruptive I guess you're believing everything you read in the paper. Sure he is angling for a new contract but that's par for the course.

He says he wants to stay here but people still twist it.
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 01:02 PM   #3709
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorscousertommy View Post

He'd be a huge loss.

As for disruptive I guess you're believing everything you read in the paper. Sure he is angling for a new contract but that's par for the course.

I'm not saying putting Salah down or saying we'd be better off without him or anything like that, I agree he is a great player who would be a huge loss, but I feel that the 8 more goals than anyone else although accurate is a little misleading when 6 or them are penalties, on a 'like for like' basis he has 2 goals more than Mane. They are both important players to the team and are at a similar level IMO.
Old 19-01-21, 01:14 PM   #3710
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Nobody gives Mane any grief though.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 19-01-21, 01:29 PM   #3711
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Nobody gives Mane any grief though.
Because he works his arse off in every game. Doesn't throw his arms up in the air everytime he loses the ball either. Just saying.
Old 19-01-21, 01:33 PM   #3712
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Because he works his arse off in every game. Doesn't throw his arms up in the air everytime he loses the ball either. Just saying.
Old 19-01-21, 01:36 PM   #3713
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Old 19-01-21, 01:37 PM   #3714
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Quote:
Good point. Mo shouldn't get pissed off with himself when he loses the ball.
Old 19-01-21, 01:41 PM   #3715
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I'm not saying putting Salah down or saying we'd be better off without him or anything like that, I agree he is a great player who would be a huge loss, but I feel that the 8 more goals than anyone else although accurate is a little misleading when 6 or them are penalties, on a 'like for like' basis he has 2 goals more than Mane. They are both important players to the team and are at a similar level IMO.
It's a fair enough point but he has still put the ball in the back of the net.

He's also second highest (joint) for assists with Trent.

I'm not saying he's perfect but the narrative spoken about one of our best players of modern times is mental sometimes.
Old 19-01-21, 01:53 PM   #3716
Peter_Griffin
Houllier

Quote:

He'd be a huge loss.

Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 01:59 PM   #3717
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:

I'm not saying he's perfect but the narrative spoken about one of our best players of modern times is mental sometimes.
I think he's thinking less about the team's success and becoming more of an individual and that that is at the detriment of the team. While he's trying to carve through defences he's ignoring better options. You can see frustration among his mates on the pitch.

That's not slagging him off or undervaluing him, it's an observation that most people are making. The way he plays looks as if he feels he can't trust anyone to score and that means he feels superior, whether rightly or wrongly. If our team play benefits from changing one player then I'm all for it. However, I think it's a phase and that we'll hopefully work through it
Old 19-01-21, 02:59 PM   #3718
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

Like I said I wasn't having a pop at him I just think that as much as I think the criticism of him is over the top I think that stat exaggerated how much more he had contributed than others I'm just trying to be balanced
Old 19-01-21, 03:05 PM   #3719
Tribute
Shankly

Mo started doing a Penandes on Sunday - losing possession so often that both were just throwing their arms in the air each time. Mo is undoubtedly having a bit of a blip form-wise... he's lost that initial injection of pace to get past the defender and now seems to think running through them is just as good an alternative.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 03:20 PM   #3720
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Mo started doing a Penandes on Sunday - losing possession so often that both were just throwing their arms in the air each time. Mo is undoubtedly having a bit of a blip form-wise... he's lost that initial injection of pace to get past the defender and now seems to think running through them is just as good an alternative.
I don't think he is slower or anything, I think it is just that he is getting the ball in different positions and circumstances and that is not allowing him to use his talents. Now that is partly because the opposition are learning how to play him. It is true of Mane too, although he has a fullback still hurtling passed him to distract defenders (Mane calls him 'decoy' for good reason) and Mane just seems able to stand the full back up and beat him more easily than Mo.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC