It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 09-01-21, 11:41 AM   #321
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I just don't see it. Even the Palace game I thought he was ordinary

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 11:43 AM   #322
Maxiedge
Shankly

I saw enough in the Palace game to make me think he can make it here. Really impressed with him that game. Played in front 3.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 01:31 PM   #323
dizzycat
Dalglish

When I watched the videos of him before he signed, I thought he was a "grease in the wheels" type signing. Someone to "bounce off" and move the ball through quickly to speed up play and create space. We have seen glimpses of it, but like a lot of our players he is not in the team long enough to get into any rhythm or form. It would have been great if he sized his opportunity like Jota did, but does have time on his side.
Old 09-01-21, 01:48 PM   #324
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Points about him needing a run of games and an actual role within the squad are valid.

But they are redundant when he cannot control a ball without it bouncing 4 yards away. His insistence to kill attacks by putting his head down and playing backwards may be confidence but he won't earn the luxury of regular game time when the basics are so poor.

I want him to become a good option for us, I just don't see it. Worth a go at the price we paid but he has yet to show anything to hang our hat on.
Old 09-01-21, 02:22 PM   #325
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycat View Post
When I watched the videos of him before he signed, I thought he was a "grease in the wheels" type signing. Someone to "bounce off" and move the ball through quickly to speed up play and create space. We have seen glimpses of it, but like a lot of our players he is not in the team long enough to get into any rhythm or form. It would have been great if he sized his opportunity like Jota did, but does have time on his side.

I just don't think we've played with anything like the same tempo we were at a year or two back which has affected our team play and the contribution of some of our individuals.

Or potential contribution in his case.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 02:47 PM   #326
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post
Points about him needing a run of games and an actual role within the squad are valid.

But they are redundant when he cannot control a ball without it bouncing 4 yards away. His insistence to kill attacks by putting his head down and playing backwards may be confidence but he won't earn the luxury of regular game time when the basics are so poor.

I want him to become a good option for us, I just don't see it. Worth a go at the price we paid but he has yet to show anything to hang our hat on.

Nothing wrong with his ball control. A lot of the passes to him haven’t been great though which explains why some would think he can’t control a ball. If the pass to him is right and there is movement around him he’ll play it first time, which he tried to do yesterday. Wasn’t he responsible for the assist for Gini’s goal yesterday?
Old 09-01-21, 02:56 PM   #327
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He's the Japanese Vlad Smicer.
Old 09-01-21, 03:03 PM   #328
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Cant wait for his CL final farewell goal

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 09:06 PM   #329
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

I'm still confident he will come good for us. He's one I really want to see succeed at the club.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 10:47 PM   #330
Tribute
Shankly

Welcome Takumi Minamino

If memory serves me right, we bought him and he joined up with the squad later than expected for some reason, then settling in period, then Covid interrupts his progress, then he’s been a bit part player after the restart and again at the start of this season. Wasn’t Robbo eased in gently, taking half a season or more to nail down a starting position? Covid has just made Taki’s challenge harder, I’m sure he’ll become more of an Important squad player for us as the season progresses. At least, that’s what I’m hoping... he seems a really good guy, just needs a few games in a settled midfield with solid defence behind him.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 02:01 AM   #331
baitman
Daddy day care

Whats his English like. What language/s was he speaking at Salzberg.

Arriving just before covid and then locked down must be very tough...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 03:50 AM   #332
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

He spoke English before he came here IIRC
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 06:13 AM   #333
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Whats his English like. What language/s was he speaking at Salzberg.

Arriving just before covid and then locked down must be very tough...
He speaks German really well apparently. His English is allegedly not great as there was an article a few months ago stating that he spends time with Naby, Bobby and Mane who can explain things in German. It was a bit worrying if Naby was translating for him, given the state of his English, I can't imagine his German being too great and who knows what kind of broken telephone occurs in his English - German translations - Not sure why he wouldn't use Matip who can speak both English and German fluently though.

Although this was several months ago and should be much better now. One would hope anyway.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 11:55 AM   #334
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
He speaks German really well apparently. His English is allegedly not great as there was an article a few months ago stating that he spends time with Naby, Bobby and Mane who can explain things in German. It was a bit worrying if Naby was translating for him, given the state of his English, I can't imagine his German being too great and who knows what kind of broken telephone occurs in his English - German translations - Not sure why he wouldn't use Matip who can speak both English and German fluently though.

Although this was several months ago and should be much better now. One would hope anyway.
Probably because Matip is always injured so isn't training with them very much
Old 10-01-21, 02:04 PM   #335
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:

He has a translator with him - even on the bench.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 02:11 PM   #336
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Was he mugging us off when he spoke English when he joined then

Old 10-01-21, 02:13 PM   #337
Deano
Shankly

Quote:

The whole back room team speak German - shouldn't be an issue
Old 10-01-21, 09:10 PM   #338
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Minamino interview | Help from Naby and Sadio, working at Melwood and The Beatles
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...elwood-beatles

7th February 2020

akumi Minamino’s transition to life at Liverpool has been smoothened by help from Naby Keita and Sadio Mane.

The Japan international is now a little over a month into his Anfield career having transferred from Salzburg and made his fourth appearance for the Reds as a substitute in last Saturday’s 4-0 victory over Southampton.

Keita and Mane are also ex-Salzburg players, of course, with the former a teammate of Minamino for 18 months in Austria prior to his move to Leipzig.

The trio now sit next to each other in the dressing room at Melwood and Minamino is grateful for Keita and Mane’s ongoing assistance.

“You know that you are part of the team, but because my English is not good enough yet their help has been really important,” the No.18 told Liverpoolfc.com.

“They are still helping me on some occasions and during the first days they taught me the team rules, things like what time the meetings started and how the team functions on a daily basis.

“At the moment I speak a lot with the players who can speak German.”

The 25-year-old, meanwhile, considers Melwood the perfect workplace in which to develop his game.

“By playing in the best environment I learn a lot every day and I can improve myself. I am very happy about being here,” he stated.

“Even in the training sessions the level of focus and intensity is really high and the players’ motivation is also very high.”

Minamino is settling in well off the pitch, too, with his eagerness to immerse himself in Liverpudlian culture shown in a social media post last month.

He explained: “Because Liverpool is The Beatles’ city, in this sense I was really interested in the city and I wondered what it would be like.

“When I looked around and saw those things for myself I really enjoyed it.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Was he mugging us off when he spoke English when he joined then

https://youtu.be/0BDsjCyGArQ
That's hardly complex, you can learn that by heart quite easily in another language without having much/any understanding of it.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 09:40 PM   #339
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Hence we were duped
Old 24-01-21, 07:54 PM   #340
S-RED
Dalglish

Taki must be the worst trainer ever !!! either that or he has seriously fucked off Klopp & the coaches.

he never gets run of games or a chance.

Can only think divvy is getting games to try & generate some interest in buying him?
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC