It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-20, 12:58 PM   #3521
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,448
I wonder can this thread to be extended to 'where were we then'

15 years ago today I was partying in Istanbul ahead of what will go down as one of the most amazing nights in football history
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 01:00 PM   #3522
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23,094
I was outside the Pumphouse Inn getting vox popped for a segment on Granada Tonight
__________________
6 points to go!
I AM A FREE. I AM NOT MAN. A NUMBER
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 01:50 PM   #3523
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I wonder can this thread to be extended to 'where were we then'

15 years ago today I was partying in Istanbul ahead of what will go down as one of the most amazing nights in football history
I was possibly just taking off from Luton to the other Istanbul airport in what was going to be a desperate dash to the Attaturk for kick off. Was with a bloke called London Liverpool Red from YNWA and a fella I worked with. I was so caned that I vommed in to my meal on the plane but it was a private charter so no one really gave a shit
__________________
Alive and kicking
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 02:38 PM   #3524
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37,818
Did anyone watch ‘Harry heroes’? it’s mainly shit, well the football bits are.

Except for some insightful interviews. Lee Hendry on his struggles with depression (multiple suicide attempts for the poor fella).

And Paul Mersin trying to get through to an ebullient Neil Ruddock that he is slowly killing himself. Razor weighs a mighty 152kgs and has been told to amend his lifestyle, which he 100% is not doing.

They have a massive arguement and to be fair Mersin comes out of the programs really well. Seems to have fought off his demons.

Ruddock has to leave for health issues and later announces he needs a pacemaker installed.

John Barnes Alan Kennedy, Michael Owen and briefly Robbie Fowler appear.

Kills some time over three episodes and makes you forget about the virus.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 02:52 PM   #3525
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 128,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Did anyone watch ‘Harry heroes’? it’s mainly shit, well the football bits are.

Except for some insightful interviews. Lee Hendry on his struggles with depression (multiple suicide attempts for the poor fella).

And Paul Mersin trying to get through to an ebullient Neil Ruddock that he is slowly killing himself. Razor weighs a mighty 152kgs and has been told to amend his lifestyle, which he 100% is not doing.

They have a massive arguement and to be fair Mersin comes out of the programs really well. Seems to have fought off his demons.

Ruddock has to leave for health issues and later announces he needs a pacemaker installed.

John Barnes Alan Kennedy, Michael Owen and briefly Robbie Fowler appear.

Kills some time over three episodes and makes you forget about the virus.
I thought it was great. Of course their incessant lame ass lads banter was tedious and irritating, and crap football too, as well as much of it being clearly scripted, but some of it was funny and I absolutely loved Merson's contribution. For all of his clownish punditry, he's clearly a lovely, troubled fella. Him v Ruddock was great telly.
__________________
I am a member of Supergrass now
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 03:34 PM   #3526
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I thought it was great. Of course their incessant lame ass lads banter was tedious and irritating, and crap football too, as well as much of it being clearly scripted, but some of it was funny and I absolutely loved Merson's contribution. For all of his clownish punditry, he's clearly a lovely, troubled fella. Him v Ruddock was great telly.
Yeah, I actually thought the first 2 episodes which focussed less on the game were the more interesting ones. The final episode was more about the game with Germany and less interesting.

The row between Merson and Ruddock was genuinely moving. And as you say Merson seems to be a really decent fella. As you say he has demons but he is really trying to battle them. And he sees straight through Ruddock who has long seemed a very self destructive personality.

Also lovely to see ale Tissier avoiding the bar to hang out with Tee Total Merson.

I’d read an interview with Hendrie which put me onto the show. His story is truly heartbreaking. I think it was in the Guardian but it adds layers to the story he try’s to explain on the show.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 03:42 PM   #3527
Chazza
Des Lynam
 
Chazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,865
Lee Hendrie's story completely passed me by the first time and it was interesting hearing him open up about it all.

The Ox old man was just a drain on resources.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 04:42 PM   #3528
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazza View Post
Lee Hendrie's story completely passed me by the first time and it was interesting hearing him open up about it all.

The Ox old man was just a drain on resources.
Yeah, never liked Hendrie back when he was playing but have much more respect for him now
__________________
Alive and kicking
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 07:00 PM   #3529
Liverpool
Paisley
 
Liverpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,066
first series was much better but had some nice moments. Merson seemed decent, still some footballer as well.

Last edited by Liverpool; 25-05-20 at 07:03 PM.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 08:34 PM   #3530
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yeah, I actually thought the first 2 episodes which focussed less on the game were the more interesting ones. The final episode was more about the game with Germany and less interesting.

The row between Merson and Ruddock was genuinely moving. And as you say Merson seems to be a really decent fella. As you say he has demons but he is really trying to battle them. And he sees straight through Ruddock who has long seemed a very self destructive personality.

Also lovely to see ale Tissier avoiding the bar to hang out with Tee Total Merson.

I’d read an interview with Hendrie which put me onto the show. His story is truly heartbreaking. I think it was in the Guardian but it adds layers to the story he try’s to explain on the show.
>

have you got a link to the hendrie interview?
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 09:23 PM   #3531
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
>

have you got a link to the hendrie interview?


link
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 10:10 PM   #3532
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
first series was much better but had some nice moments. Merson seemed decent, still some footballer as well.
Merson is a really nice fella, Ruddock comes across as a total liability though
__________________
Alive and kicking
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:09 AM   #3533
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37,818
Quote:
Dirk Kuyt is reportedly set to take the top job at his former club Feyenoord.

De Telegraaf via the Daily Mail suggest the Dutch club are looking to freshen things up with a change in manager.

It is also suggested that former Celtic and Barcelona favourite Henrik Larsson would take up the role as assistant coach.

Since his retirement Kuyt has been coaching the U19s at Feyenoord.

The club's current boss is ex-Sunderlan manager Dirk Advocaat.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:16 AM   #3534
fidget
Shankly
 
fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Merson is a really nice fella, Ruddock comes across as a total liability though
Can't stand Ruddock.
Big fat shithouse bully.
Remember when he punched God at John Lennon Airport for cutting up his shoes?
__________________
Instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:39 AM   #3535
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Can't stand Ruddock.
Big fat shithouse bully.
Remember when he punched God at John Lennon Airport for cutting up his shoes?
He comes across as deeply troubled individual now. Totally self destructive, even at a point where it has direct impact on his life expectancy.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:41 AM   #3536
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,425
That applies to most addicts
__________________
Alive and kicking
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:48 AM   #3537
fidget
Shankly
 
fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He comes across as deeply troubled individual now. Totally self destructive, even at a point where it has direct impact on his life expectancy.
He's always been a shithouse bully and unprofessional.
When he played for us you I worked with a couple of lads from southport who were part of the party "scene" and you couldn't go a week without hearing of some instance of his ballbag behaviour.
__________________
Instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #3538
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,448
One year ago

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #3539
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 21,569
Alberto Moreno, champions league winner
Hes in there with some good company, troare, et al...
__________________
Champions of Europe and the World. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.