It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 03-11-15, 07:48 PM   #4921
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Some fellas called Dillon and Anthony are having a fight somewhere, close to Christmas.
Old 03-11-15, 09:51 PM   #4922
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-15, 09:59 PM   #4923
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Amir Khan signs deal to fight Manny Pacquiao on April 9 in Las Vegas
  • Amir Khan has agreed terms to fight Manny Pacquiao on April 9
  • The fight, expected to be Pacquiao's last, is set to take place in Las Vegas
  • Khan has beaten off competition from Terence Crawford and Tim Bradley
By JEFF POWELL FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 19:33, 3 November 2015 | UPDATED: 19:33, 3 November 2015

Amir Khan has reached a deal with Manny Pacquiao for the super-fight he has been craving since he entered his abortive negotiations with Floyd Mayweather two years ago.

Khan has agreed terms 'in every last detail' to meet Pacquiao in America in April.

Confirmation that Khan has accepted the contract has been sent by his lawyers to Pacquiao's legendary promoter Bob Arum.

The proposed date and location for what Pacquiao insists will be his last fight before running for election as a senator in the Philippines is April 9 in Las Vegas.

Shah Khan, father and mentor of Bolton's former two-division world champion, says: 'Our paperwork went off to Arum on Friday and every point is covered.'

There has been speculation that the fight might take place in Dubai but Khan Snr says: 'The location is definitely the US. The date in April may vary by a week or so but April is the month.'

Khan has long been thought to be the front runner against the likes of Terence Crawford and Tim Bradley but his father says: 'Mr Arum has to guarantee millions to Manny and it is unlikely he can reach those numbers with either of the other candidates.'

Arum may well have preferred Crawford, a rising star in his own Top Rank stable, but Khan is bigger box office in America as well as around the world and brings UK pay-per-view television money to the table.

Having been thrice left at the alter by Mayweather, however, Team Khan are taking no chances. They have a plan B in place and Khan Snr says: 'We have been here before, with Mayweather so While we are confident the contract will be back with us in the next few days we are holding the second Saturday in January as a fall back date for an alternative fight.'

Such a switch could well enable Khan to fight for the WBC world welterweight title which has just fallen vacant in light of the 'definitely retired' Mayweather's elevation by that organisation to champion emeritus.

If the WBC decide to go for the next highest pair in their rankings then Khan, the No 1 contender, would be heading for an intriguing rematch with No 2 Danny Garcia, who knocked him out in their first meeting.

But in terms of a global attraction, Pacquiao is the big prize for Khan. They were sparring partners as well as friends when both were working in the Wild Card gym with master trainer Freddie Roach.

Although he has not fought since defeating Chris Algieri in May, Khan has been staying fit on his self-promotional travels around the world.

He has put in hard time in Dubai while exploring the possibility of a big fight there. He returns to Bolton on December 5 to work more closely with his team.

The timing of his departure for San Francisco to go into camp with current trainer Virgil Hunter will depend on whether he is fighting in January or in the big one he is now so close to landing against Pacquiao in April.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...Las-Vegas.html
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-15, 10:19 PM   #4924
RichC
Meh

Good luck to him, Manny may not be at his very best anymore but he's a genuine world class boxer and it should be a really good fight
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-15, 10:43 PM   #4925
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

I think it should be noted that Jeff Powell is one of the biggest liars in journalism history. An absolute blagger of the highest order. Old cunt.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-15, 10:49 PM   #4926
RichC
Meh

so let's not hold our breath on this happening yet then
Old 04-11-15, 12:05 AM   #4927
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
so let's not hold our breath on this happening yet then
Haha yep. Arum has called it "bullshit" now as well! Says Khan is on the list but that's all.
Old 04-11-15, 09:19 AM   #4928
spud_gun
Paisley

Khan and his team really should just shut the fuck up.

Kevin Iloe tears strips of Powell in an article on Yahoo today. Makes for great reading.

Bob Arnum is quoted as saying that it's 'bullshit' this fight has been.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 11:30 AM   #4929
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

Kevin Iloe tears strips of Powell in an article on Yahoo today. Makes for great reading.

Just a pack of spoofers. It's the second time they have been caught out spoofing about a so called contract to fight Pac.

It was only a week or so ago that I commented on Khan's original bullshit talk about there being a contract that Pac was refusing to sign. Now we have quotes from Khan's dad claiming new contracts have been signed and returned.

Such a pack of money chasing spoofers.

Khan badly needs to start fighting proper fighters and start fighting on a fairly regular basis instead of trying to become a one fight a year top up my bank account style fighter.

You can get easy with that one fight a year crap if you are the cash cow for a division and/or the undisputed best(or very close to being so) of a division, but if you are a guy who has lost to the best that you have faced then trying to pretend you are a one or two fight a year boxer in the MayweatherJr league is a bit of a joke.

Khan should be looking at the stick a guy like Andre Ward got when he tried to come back in a far too easy a manner despite Ward having fought and beaten a far higher calibre of opponent than Khan ever has. Ward has had to change tact and go after a proper opponent as a result (and will be ridiculed if he tries to stray dramatically from his current route), and Khan needs to do the exact same thing otherwise he stays as the guy who keeps trying to go low risk over and over in search of pay days.

Will laugh my tits off if the WBC go ahead and, as is expected, make Khan and Garcia the number 1 and 2 contenders for the vacant welter strap. It is a respected strap so Khan will have no excuse not to go for it and get in the ring with Garcia. Plus there is the very probable bonus of the winner of the strap getting a crack at a returning Mayweather Jr in the very next bout because that avenue has been left very much open thanks to the emeritus status the WBC gave to Mayweather Jr when he stepped down after the Berto bout.

If I were Khan, I would be banging on the WBC door to make sure I was going to be one of the two competing for that belt and putting myself in the frame to win a credible strap along with it being a potential route to take Mayweather Jr on in what would be a mega money bout.

Have no doubt that Garcia will be eager to be in the mix for those two carrots, so it would be madness of Khan not to be pushing for it as right now he would be the number one contender for that strap and he would have no obstacles in getting placed straight into that title shot.

Two routes are open to him as things stand. Try and chase a pay day against Pac, or take his spot as the number one contender in a fight that is for the full version of the WBC welterweight title.

Route one is a bank account topping up event. Route two goes towards legacy and a win comes with the bonus of a possible Mayweather Jr bout.

I really think that Mayweather Jr fancies the idea of getting his 50-0, and regardless of who he faced for the WBC strap it would be the richest fight of all time and would be built up like a modern day Hagler - Leonard in terms of a "retired" great coming back for a crack at the current champ.

Madness if Khan does not chase route two. A genuine world title, a genuine win over a top fighter (which would earn him real and deserved kudos) and a potential mega money fight against Mayweather Jr is what would come from route two if he won the WBC strap.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 11:42 AM   #4930
RichC
Meh

Khan vs Garcia would be very interesting the problem being Khan has up until now little desire to get back into the ring with him.

I think if it happens it might well be the same result as before BUT saying that Khan on his last couple of outings certainly looks like hes improved as a boxer.

Should be a great fight if it were to happen
Old 04-11-15, 12:03 PM   #4931
Nicey
Paisley

A friend of a friend has started a interesting Fantasy Boxing Channel on Youtoobes

Check it you ...
Old 04-11-15, 12:08 PM   #4932
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

Seriously looking forward to Smith vs Fielding on Saturday night. Was going to go but the ticket prices were a joke considering it was a British title fight, considering how much we've paid in the past (less!) for World Title fights.

Only one winner for me - Callum Smith. Fielding is making out like he is the big puncher and has this amazing power, but Smith has knocked out the same amount of people in two fights fewer; two of the people that he stopped ended up going the distance with Rocky!

Can see a stoppage in the second half of the fight.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 12:35 PM   #4933
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Khan vs Garcia would be very interesting the problem being Khan has up until now little desire to get back into the ring with him.

I think if it happens it might well be the same result as before BUT saying that Khan on his last couple of outings certainly looks like hes improved as a boxer.

Should be a great fight if it were to happen

Khan has improved, no doubt about that. But Garcia has also improved and possibly to a greater degree as he has taken on far tougher opponents since fighting Khan than Khan has since fighting Garcia.

Garcia is a very well rounded boxer now, but he is also a good fighter when he has to be, and unlike Khan he is a proven commodity against heavy hitters as well as against other styles.

Garcia would have to start as the favourite if they met, but Khan is good enough to be able to get a win, and he needs to be able to beat Garcia level boxers and the guys just below Garcia if he is to be taken seriously.

It is no good him going on and on about how he is "world class" and about how he has faced the best of the best if he cannot beat the top guys or if he keeps avoiding them.

Garcia would be a high risk fight, but if you want to be the best you have to take those fights and win in those fights. And whilst being a high risk fight, it is also one that for me is a high reward fight. A win over Garcia would be an excellent W to have on the record. The sort of result that would have the purists and doubters praising Khan. It would be the sort of result that goes towards defining a legacy. The sort of result that would bring a credible strap, and the sort of result that could get him into the richest fight of all time if it brings Mayweather Jr back into the ring.

If Khan retired today his pro career is nothing special. Yes he has had a few world title straps, but he has beaten nobody at all from the top tier. He has never avenged a loss, and the only time he tried to take on a top tier or close to top tier fighter he got knocked out. Unfortunately we have long been in an era in which world titles have been placed on sub par champions and unless Khan wants that to be his actual pro career legacy he needs to start beating the top guys.

He is still young enough to create a proper boxing legacy for himself in the pro ranks (and that sort of legacy comes with big pay cheques in time) and he should be a very wealthy young man at this stage of his career which would allow him to seek glory over pound signs.

I still think he has the talent to eat that the big table, but I question whether or not he has the desire and mentality to do so. I think he is like water in that he will always try to follow the path of least resistance.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 04-11-15, 12:47 PM   #4934
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
A friend of a friend has started a interesting Fantasy Boxing Channel on Youtoobes

Check it you ...
FANTASY BOXING - ROCKY MARCIANO VS SONNY LISTON - YouTube

Love what ifs...

Be curious to see the comments if he does Hagler vs Monzon.

Liston for me for the above vid though.

He had pretty much what Marciano could offer, but on top of that he had advantages in height, reach, weight, power, and technique. From watching old footage (albeit of much lesser quality from Rocky's era), Liston was also better at both creating and reducing distance in the ring.

A good big 'un usually beats a good small 'un more often than not, and see Liston/Marciano as playing out in that manner.

Peak vs peak it just has to be Liston in my eyes.

Old 04-11-15, 05:40 PM   #4935
Chris

This Russian card is fucking amazing. Savage fights and upsets everywhere!

Ola!

In Kazan aswell funnily enough.
Old 05-11-15, 08:34 AM   #4936
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

"Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum has called the whole thing 'total bullsh*t'.

"I'm sitting here trying to figure a way to sell tickets to my fight [between Timothy Bradley and Brandon Rios on Saturday] and now my phone is ringing off the hook because this lunatic made some shit up.

"It's total bullshit. It's complete bullshit."
Old 07-11-15, 09:15 PM   #4937
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Hoping for a good tear up between Smith and Fielding
Old 07-11-15, 09:20 PM   #4938
spud_gun
Paisley

Yup, good domestic card tonight. Hope Ricky Burns does the business and fancy Fielding to cause the upset.
Old 07-11-15, 09:48 PM   #4939
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Right good scrap this between Cardle and Dodd
Old 07-11-15, 10:08 PM   #4940
spud_gun
Paisley

British refs are amongst the most corrupt around.

Disgusting decision. Give the man a count at the very least.
Old 07-11-15, 10:11 PM   #4941
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

That is a fucking disgraceful decision
Old 07-11-15, 10:12 PM   #4942
Chazza
Des Lynam

Up on the cards as well.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-15, 10:21 PM   #4943
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 07-11-15, 10:22 PM   #4944
rodo
Shankly

oh it will be a nightmare there
Old 07-11-15, 10:52 PM   #4945
Chris

Burns is about as exciting as a Man Utd game.
Old 07-11-15, 11:09 PM   #4946
spud_gun
Paisley

Styles make fights. Burns always struggles against small spoilers.
Old 07-11-15, 11:11 PM   #4947
Chris

Then it shouldnt have been put so high up the bill.
Old 07-11-15, 11:13 PM   #4948
spud_gun
Paisley

Don't think you'll get any argument there.
Old 07-11-15, 11:26 PM   #4949
rodo
Shankly

Johnny nelson is a shocking presenter
Old 07-11-15, 11:42 PM   #4950
Chazza
Des Lynam

Anti climax.
Old 07-11-15, 11:42 PM   #4951
spud_gun
Paisley

Impressive from Smith
Old 07-11-15, 11:44 PM   #4952
rodo
Shankly

Wasnt expecting that like
Old 07-11-15, 11:46 PM   #4953
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Fucking nuts that
Old 09-11-15, 12:26 PM   #4954
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

Smith was seriously impressive, I was out of my seat at home for the entire round/fight practically

I think the occasion got to Fielding; he should have kept things tight and compact for the opening few rounds and worked his way into the fight.

Was saying to the lads in work all week that Smith would walk through Fielding - always seemed a class apart. Johnny Nelson going for Rocky Fielding; as clueless as he is bad at presenting it baffles me that he got a gig as a presenter despite the fact that he can't speak.
Old 09-11-15, 12:28 PM   #4955
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

Froch also considering coming out of retirement to fight DeGale if he beats Bute in a few weeks

Quote:
Carl Froch: Briton contemplates one-fight comeback

Former world champion Carl Froch has said he would consider returning to the ring next spring for one fight to reclaim his title.

Froch, 38, who announced his retirement in July, has been training every day and predicted he would beat IBF super-middleweight champion James DeGale, 29.
"It's an easy job for me and he's world champion," said Froch.
"Get my old belt back, show them all how it's done and then retire. There'd be something satisfying about that."

Froch is a four-time world super-middleweight champion who won 33 of his 35 fights, 24 victories by knockout.

But the Nottingham boxer has not fought since he knocked out fellow Briton George Groves to retain the WBA and IBF titles in May 2014.

In May, DeGale beat Andre Dirrell on points to claim the vacant IBF super-middleweight belt and become the first Briton to win a professional world title and an Olympic gold.
Froch said if DeGale beats Romanian-born former IBF super-middleweight champion Lucian Bute in December that would give him motivation to return.

"I always said once I've retired, I won't come back, but 18 months on from my last fight, I'm starting to think to myself 'I'm fit, strong, in good shape'," said Froch.

"But it's a big if. I might just stick with poker. The desire's gone, it's getting the desire back. What would I need? It might be DeGale beating Bute."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/34761695
Old 10-11-15, 12:37 PM   #4956
Chazza
Des Lynam

I'd quite like Degale to knock him out if that fight ever happened.
Old 10-11-15, 12:38 PM   #4957
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Tyson Fury says Deontay Wilder is too frightened to fight him.

Tyson Fury says Deontay Wilder is too "afraid" to fight him - whatever the outcome of his showdown with Wladimir Klitschko.

The heavyweight challenger has said he will fight Wilder, the WBC world champion, after his showdown with world No 1 Wladimir Klitschko, on November 28, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Wilder has recently said he will only fight Fury if he beats Klitschko, but the Manchester man doubts it will happen whatever the outcome, having already offered Wilder the opportunity to fight around four years ago.

"He was offered a substantial amount of money to step in when David Haye pulled out a few yeard ago - and he didn't take the offer," Fury told Michelle Phelps of Behind The Gloves.

"We made that offer 10 times and now he's signed with Al Haymon I don't think the fight's going to happen."

"And it's because he [Wilder] is afraid. Why else would someone say that?

"Whether someone like Klitschko wins, loses, draws or gets knocked out in five seconds he is still a big name.

"Wilder is not a big draw in the US. He maybe sells 5,000 to 10,000 tickets when he's fighting in his own town for the heavyweight champion.

"If he came over here we would sell-out a stadium, maybe 40,000-50,000, so I would say I'd be in the driving seat."
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...d-to-fight-him
Old 13-11-15, 04:07 PM   #4958
G
Paisley

Oscar De La Hoya's open letter to Mayweather!

Quote:
Dear Floyd:

You did it. You made it to the 49–0 mark, a milestone that you like to say only the great Rocky -Marciano reached but that was actually achieved by others, including my idol Julio César Chávez—but who’s counting? And now you’re retiring. Again. (The first time was after our fight in 2007.) This time you say it’s for real. You’re serious about hanging up the gloves. On to bigger and better things. So I’m writing to you today to wish you a fond farewell. Truth be told, I’m not unhappy to see you retire. Neither are a lot of boxing fans. Scratch that. MOST boxing fans. Why? Because the fight game will be a better one without you in it.

Let’s face it: You were boring. Just take a look at your most recent performance, your last hurrah in the ring, a 12-round decision against Andre Berto. How to describe it? A bust? A disaster? A snooze fest? An affair so one-sided that on one judge’s card Berto didn’t win a single round? Everyone in boxing knew Berto didn’t have a chance. I think more people watched Family Guy reruns that night than tuned in to that pay-per-view bout. But I didn’t mind shelling out $75 for the HD broadcast. In fact it’s been a great investment. When my kids have trouble falling asleep, I don’t have to read to them anymore. I just play them your Berto fight. They don’t make it past round three.

Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. The problem is, that’s precisely how you want it. You should have fought Pacquiao five years ago, not five months ago. That, however, would have been too dangerous. Too risky. You’ve made a career out of being cautious. You won’t get in the ring unless you have an edge. Sure, you fought some big names. But they were past their prime. Hell, even when we fought in 2007—and I barely lost a split decision—I was at the tail end of my career. Then later you took on Mexican megastar Saúl “Canelo” -Álvarez, but he was too young and had to drop too much weight.

Me? I got into this business to take chances. I took on all comers in their prime. The evidence? I lost. Six times. After 31 wins, my first loss was to Félix Trinidad, and I learned a valuable lesson that is true both in the ring and in life: Don’t run. I didn’t stop taking on the best of the best. After beating Derrell Coley, I took on “Sugar” Shane Mosley at the height of his powers—undefeated and considered by many to be the pound-for-pound best in the world. Again, I lost. After four wins against more top-ranked fighters I took on Mosley again. We can debate who actually won the rematch, but the judges had me losing that one as well.

Did I go easy after that? No. I moved up to middleweight to win a belt and faced one of the greatest middleweights of all time, Bernard Hopkins. After a body shot that I’m still feeling took me out of the fight, I took on two more guys at the height of their power who, many years later, would finally face each other at the ages of 36 and 38—Manny Pacquiao and you. When fighters do that—when they risk losing—that’s when everyone wins. The mantra of my firm Golden Boy Promotions is simple: the best taking on the best. It’s too bad you didn’t do the same.

You took the easy way out. When you weren’t dancing around fading stars (show idea for you: Dancing Around the Fading Stars), you were beating up on outclassed opponents. A lot of your opponents were above-average fighters, but they weren’t your caliber. You’re a very talented fighter, the best defensive fighter of our generation. But what good is talent if you don’t test it? Muhammad Ali did. Sugar Ray Leonard did. You? Not a chance. You spent 2000 to 2010 facing forgettable opening acts like Victoriano Sosa, Phillip N’dou, DeMarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Sharmba Mitchell. There were guys out there—tough scary opponents like Antonio Margarito and Paul Williams—but you ran from them. Were you ever on the track team in high school? You would have been a star.

Boxing will also be a better place without the Mouth. Your mouth, to be precise, the one that created “Money” Mayweather. I know you needed that Money Mayweather persona. Before he—and Golden Boy -Promotions—came along, nobody watched your fights. You couldn’t even sell out your hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Mouth made you money. More money than you could spend in a lifetime. (Wait, I’ve seen those episodes of 24/7. You probably will spend it all.) But the Mouth doesn’t have a place in boxing; save it for the WWE. Unless you’re someone like Ali, whose fights were as scintillating as his banter, the all-talk, no-entertainment model cheapens our sport. Boxers should speak with their fists and with their hearts. They don’t have to say anything to prove themselves. You’re going to have a legacy. You’ll be remembered as the guy who made the most money. As for your fights? We’ve already forgotten them.

Now that you’re stepping aside, attention can be turned to the sport’s real stars: the brawlers, the brave, the boxers who want nothing more than to face the best and therefore be the best. There’s Canelo, Kazakh KO sensation Gennady Golovkin, ferocious flyweight Román González, slugger Sergey Kovalev and a host of up-and-comers including Terence Crawford, Vasyl Lomachenko and Keith Thurman. Want to see what a monster fight looks like? Canelo takes on Miguel Cotto on November 21. It won’t do 4.4 million in PPV buys, but everyone who watches it will be thrilled. And that’s no empty promise.

You’re moving on to a new phase of life now, a second act. I’m sure it will be nice not to have to train year-round. To get out of the gym and spend time with your family. But I’m wondering what you’re going to do. You have a lot of time and, at the moment, a lot of money. Maybe you’ll put your true skills to work and open a used-car dealership or run a circus. Or maybe you’ll wind up back on Dancing With the Stars. It’s a job that’s safe, pays well and lets you run around on stage. Something you’ve been doing for most of your career.
http://www.playboy.com/articles/osca...oyd-mayweather
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-15, 05:09 PM   #4959
Assassin
Kloppite

Oscar De La Hoya
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-15, 05:28 PM   #4960
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post